Print Page | Close Window

Donic Waldner limited edition 2016

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Pictures & Videos
Forum Name: Pictures
Forum Description: Post table tennis pictures here.
Moderator: mickd
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74998
Printed Date: 05/03/2024 at 5:33pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Donic Waldner limited edition 2016
Posted By: bandadacota
Subject: Donic Waldner limited edition 2016
Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:03pm
just got it from Japan....little thicker than the 1995 version....but overall, satisfiedClap

Replies:
Posted By: liulin04
Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:05pm
Nice blade.  What's the weight?  Looks to have the same composition as the original Kong Linghui (all-wood) right?

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35056&PN=14&title=feedback-liulin04" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:06pm
1995/2016 comparison.

Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Nice blade.  What's the weight?  Looks to have the same composition as the original Kong Linghui (all-wood) right?

average around 84.3g......little thicker than 1995 version.........it has limba top ply....where as KLH wood has Koto top ply...

Posted By: IanMcg
Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:13pm
Have you played with the DONIC Waldner DICON? If so, how does the new Waldner compare?

Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 2:23pm
very similar......but this waldner off 2016 has smaller handle...

Posted By: *_strataras_*
Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 3:48pm
Great blade and very beautiful!

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74157&title=feedback-strataras" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Posted By: Antuan
Date Posted: 03/31/2016 at 4:03pm
Wooooow nice blades! I prefer the handle of the old one because it is more squared.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59801&title" rel="nofollow - My Collection
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59550&title" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: ttspirit
Date Posted: 05/19/2016 at 5:46am
Originally posted by bandadacota bandadacota wrote:

Smaller handle ? Please share with us the handle dimensions of the old Banda Waldner and the new limited edition. Handle thickness, wideness and length, also please the thickness of the blade. Has the blade the same blade dimension as the old one ?

I'm looking forward to see the differences...

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 06/25/2016 at 6:04am

-------------
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Date Posted: 06/25/2016 at 6:06am

My complaint with Dicon is that it is a little bit thicker (5.8mm) than the older Waldner woods, and Donic bills the Dicon as, "Nearly Stiff", so to me the Dicon lacks the gears of the older Waldner wood.  Don't you agree?

How does this new re-release Waldner wood compare to the original in stiffness/flexibility?  (I imagine that it is a little bit stiffer if it is a little bit thicker — my old Waldner woods are around 5.4mm). 

-------------

Date Posted: 06/26/2016 at 2:18pm
I have also a old Donic Dicon which is around 5,4 mm thick. The new Dicon Modells are exact 5,8 mm. Here are my impressions:

old Donic Dicon blade with 5,4 mm feels most flexible of this blades, then comes old Banda blades then the new Dicon blades with 5,8 mm. The new Donic Dicon blades have total diffrent and in my opinion very bad handle radius and dimension. They are the stiffest of all. I have took a new Dicon blade with 5,8 mm thickness to put on Mikael Maze handles on. Now it plays perfect. I took the 5,8 mm Dicon because the Viscaria and the first Spirit modells were also 5,8 mm thick.

Date Posted: 06/26/2016 at 2:25pm
Now I have the ideal all wood offensive blade and the handle I have wanted so long before. Forget all the STANDARD Butterfly straight handle blades. I won't buy so soon again a Butterfly new blade because you never get for that high price that blade what Butterfly promotes and we expect. The only usefulll thing on Butterfly blades is the handle radius of a Spirit ALC or Maze blade.

Date Posted: 06/27/2016 at 2:14am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

I have also a old Donic Dicon which is around 5,4 mm thick. The new Dicon Modells are exact 5,8 mm. Here are my impressions: 

old Donic Dicon blade with 5,4 mm feels most flexible of this blades, then comes old Banda blades then the new Dicon blades with 5,8 mm. The new Donic Dicon blades have total diffrent and in my opinion very bad handle radius and dimension. They are the stiffest of all. I have took a new Dicon blade with 5,8 mm thickness to put on Mikael Maze handles on. Now it plays perfect. I took the 5,8 mm Dicon because the Viscaria and the first Spirit modells were also 5,8 mm thick.

Without derailing this thread too much— so you say the old Dicon is 5.4mm, similar to the old Waldner wood.  Now you prefer the new Dicon at 5.8mm.   Do you have any old Dicon that you would be willing to sell perhaps?

-------------

Date Posted: 06/27/2016 at 9:13am
Don't missunderstand me. I like the old Donic Dicon with 5,4 mm and I love to play with it, but when it comes to play seriously in matches I prefer other handle radius and dimensions, like the Butterfly SPirit ST or Maze Or ALC. The old Dicon and the new Dicon ST blades have not the handle radius I like. Most worse handle radius has the new Dicon blades. I like most squarish ST handles.

Posted By: Ladon1997
Date Posted: 06/27/2016 at 9:22am
There is non identical wood blade

Posted By: Antuan
Date Posted: 06/27/2016 at 11:13am

Don't missunderstand me. I like the old Donic Dicon with 5,4 mm and I love to play with it, but when it comes to play seriously in matches I prefer other handle radius and dimensions, like the Butterfly SPirit ST or Maze Or ALC. The old Dicon and the new Dicon ST blades have not the handle radius I like. Most worse handle radius has the new Dicon blades. I like most squarish ST handles.

I think old and new Dicon are the same blade exactly.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59801&title" rel="nofollow - My Collection
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59550&title" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 06/28/2016 at 4:07am
No they aren't. First the blade thickness is different and the handle shape and it's dimensions of the ST handle. Old Dicon has 5,4 mm, the new Dicon has 5,8 mm. Just the veneers are the same, but handle shape and Dimensions are total different. Old Dicon has ST handle thickness 23,3 mm and wideness 28,8 mm around. Ok, the new Dicon has nearly same Dimensions but the radius of the handle is total different and very bad to play with. If you want I can make some photos with dimension of the blade and handle.

Date Posted: 06/28/2016 at 4:10am
To me the new Donic Waldner Off ST limites edition seems to be the same copy of all the bad Donic blades with its handle shapes and dimensions...

Date Posted: 06/28/2016 at 4:11am
Only difference is the small shoulder wide of the blades.

Date Posted: 06/28/2016 at 5:28pm

No they aren't. First the blade thickness is different and the handle shape and it's dimensions of the ST handle. Old Dicon has 5,4 mm, the new Dicon has 5,8 mm. Just the veneers are the same, but handle shape and Dimensions are total different. Old Dicon has ST handle thickness 23,3 mm and wideness 28,8 mm around. Ok, the new Dicon has nearly same Dimensions but the radius of the handle is total different and very bad to play with. If you want I can make some photos with dimension of the blade and handle.

Yes, please post some images (of the handle at least; maybe more)

Thank you

-------------

Date Posted: 06/29/2016 at 3:59pm
Here are the meassurements of :

old Donic Dicon ST: 5,4 mm; wide 28,8 mm thick 23,3 mm nice handle shape and dimensions
new Donic Dicon ST 5,8 mm; wide 29,8 mm thick 23,8 mm  bad handle shape and dimensions

Feeling is from both blades good but the handle...

I have found in a butterfly store Germany a blade which had the same handle dimensions and shape like my old Donic Dicon ST, just the blade was thicker with 6,1 mm, I bought it of course and changed just the shoulder wide to the same as old Dicon. Now it makes so much fun to play with it, like the old Dicon, the backhand is unbelieveable and the rest also. Believe it or not it plays heavenly.
The blade was a Butterfly Boll Forte Version.

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 06/29/2016 at 4:34pm
Is this the blade that Waldner used in 1999 WTTC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mc4WOEIf_Q" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mc4WOEIf_Q

Posted By: kolevtt
Date Posted: 06/29/2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mc4WOEIf_Q" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mc4WOEIf_Q

Blade looks like Dicon, which is the same as wooden construction, but you can't be sure
what is the blade between handles...
I still have the elder version Donic Waldner OFF in AN handle around 6.0mm thickness and 94grams weight.
These blades will never die...

Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 3:48am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Yes BeaverMD, it seems to be very sure that this is the old Donic Dicon ST blade with the famous small shoulder wide like I have here at home. In that times many top european players used to play with old blades from that time like Stiga with very thin blade thickness like 5,0 mm up to 5,8 mm. Mine is 100% authentic. That blade I have got means heaven to me. I never had again a blade like this in my hand. This is my first and last blade. Somebody should make a lot of copies of it so that everybody can join that blade. For all Banda and old Donic blade lovers - the version of the Donic Dicon I have is unique because of the handle dimensions ,the handle shape and the special small shoulder wide. If I could I would make some tests with this kind of blade but with different shoulder wides.

Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 3:52am
I had many old Donic and Banda blades but not one of that blades had that special handle radius and shape and dimensions like this old DOnic Dicon ST with 5,4 mm. The Dicon ST handle was a special development of Waldner himself I think.

Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 5:15am
Some pictures. uploads/14514/P1060063.JPG" rel="nofollow - uploads/14514/P1060063.JPG

uploads/14514/P1060065.JPG" rel="nofollow - uploads/14514/P1060065.JPG

uploads/14514/P1060066.JPG" rel="nofollow - uploads/14514/P1060066.JPG

uploads/14514/P1060067.JPG" rel="nofollow - uploads/14514/P1060067.JPG

Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 5:34am
Till now I just have found around 2 blades which comes very close to the old Dicon blade belong to the handle shape and dimensions:
an old Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1 ST from the 90ies nearly exact the same handle shape and dimensions, also the handle length is like old DOnic Dicon with 102,60 mm, it is also curious that the handles from this Powerplay blade have no thumb cut.
Butterfly Boll Forte Off ST maybe 3 or 4 years old

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 11:02am
Thanks ttspirit and kolevtt for the excellent info. I owned a 90's version Donic Waldner and that thing was so freakin' fast... even faster than any TAMCA blade I ever owned. Or maybe it seemed fast because I wasn't used to the vibration. Even with Tackiness-D, I couldn't control it. Maybe that's why J.O. switched to Dicon?

Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 12:44pm
That blade you had was maybe a Waldner Offensive modell ? If so that blade has more thickness as Donic Dicon. Dicon old has 5,4 mm that blade further up has 5,7 mm and doesn't have Dicon construction. Old Donic Dicon is just Off- all the others are much more stiffer without Dicon System and with more thickness. Veneers are the same.

Date Posted: 06/30/2016 at 4:14pm
ttspirit,  I am quite certain that all old straight Waldner blades are the same (take a look at it below. It looks just like your Dicon).  I am certain that Banda & Donic used the same STraight handle halves up until around 1996 (I'm guessing now), or whenever the more "Oval-shaped" straight handle came into existence for Donic.  

What feels different is the thickness of blades with the same handle half.  If you compare different Stiga blades with the same handles (Peter/Straight, Master/Flared), for example, they will often have a completely different feel as the thickness of a Stiga Clipper will be a lot taller than say a Stiga Offensive Classic. 

1995/2016 comparison.

-------------

Posted By: player87
Date Posted: 10/04/2016 at 1:09pm
Hello everybody. Can you share your experience of playing this new donic waldner blade? what rubbers are good with it?

Posted By: Lawson
Date Posted: 10/04/2016 at 5:43pm
Hey, I have been playing for one week with this blade (ST handle) whith Donic Baracuda on FH and Joola X-Plode Sensitive on BH, both max. A few months ago I returned to table tennis after nearly 20 years. My former blade was my old Donic Waldner Dicon (FL handle) with new rubbers: Donic Acuda S2 on FH and Joola X-Plode Sensitive on BH, both 2.0.
Here are my impressions, specially in comparation with my former blade:
Both have the JO Shape that I love.
They have very similar thickness, I didn't measure them but they look almost the same.
Waldner limited is a bit stiffer and heavier (I didn't weigh it before I put rubbers on it, but the difference of weigh after that is obvius) than Dicon. Also with this set up, Dicon is more balanced and Limited has more weigh on paddle area).
Dicon is faster. Limited is slower and has less vibrations, and I feel it has more control and a larger sweet spot.
Handle's touch is different compared with Dicon but both are very nice.

My subjective impressions: love at the first sight. I'm staying with the new set up from the first training session, specially because I feel more control with this blade.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 10/05/2016 at 5:41am
I really wish Btfly would make that Waldner style oval-shaped ST handle an option on all their blades.

Date Posted: 10/06/2016 at 2:47pm
Any other feedbacks on this blade? Really looking for balanced blade NOT HEAD HEAVY so it will be easy for wrist to make short spiny loops and faster recovery after FH loops.

Date Posted: 10/07/2016 at 3:19am
A couple favorable reviews over here —  http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-waldner-jo-shape-limited-edition" rel="nofollow - http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-waldner-jo-shape-limited-edition

That's where I bought mine.  Good site if you haven't purchased from them before.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/07/2016 at 3:37am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Any other feedbacks on this blade? Really looking for balanced blade NOT HEAD HEAVY so it will be easy for wrist to make short spiny loops and faster recovery after FH loops.

As I said, with Baracuda and Joola X-Plode max is clearly head heavy, specially if I compare with my other blade Dicon with Acuda and Joola X-Plode 2.0, wich is very balanced.
But I don't know determining is rubbers weigh in this case.
I also want to know some other reviews here, it seems some pleople brough it only with collector's purpose, not for playing.

Date Posted: 10/07/2016 at 2:15pm
what is the weight of your blade and handle type?

Date Posted: 10/07/2016 at 5:15pm

what is the weight of your blade and handle type?

Handle is ST, I don't know it's weight. After your concern with balancing of blade, I checked it again, and is not THAT head heavy. Check out the photo...

Date Posted: 10/09/2016 at 3:13am
I have approximately the same balance on my Maze Confused

Thank you for the picture though.

Posted By: Ladon1997
Date Posted: 10/09/2016 at 5:48pm
How dies it compare to 89 Limired Edition ?

Date Posted: 10/13/2016 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

How dies it compare to 89 Limired Edition ?

The Donic World Champion 89 Waldner OFF, you mean?  I'll bet that it has a completely different feel.

Firstly, the WC 89 Waldner OFF is a thick carbon fleece blade, with outer plies of Italian Spruce and a Kiri core.  The overall thickness is listed as 6.9mm. The Donic Waldner Limited, on the other hand, is the classic Swedish offensive 5-ply, Limba over Spruce, with a core of Ayous and a thickness of around 5.8mm.  Finally, the two blades are made at different factories — the WC 89 Waldner OFF is made in Germany (Soulspin, I presume), while the Donic Waldner Limited is made in Tranås, Sweden at Woodhouse AB.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/14/2016 at 12:34am
Strange but no reviews of thread in the equipment theme.

I am going to try this out soon. How do you think which rubber will suit this blade?
Thinking of paring with baracude on FH and Joola Maxxp on Bh. Or mabye try ELS 1.9 both sides?

I am two wing looper. Playing close to the table to mid distance max. Looping movement from Left side is quite short not classic european style but more asian however FH loop is more classic european loop. Very concerned about weight balance. Downgrading from M.Maze to all wood to build up technique with coach and back to M.Maze or maybe to 7 ply wood blade with Limba outer.

Posted By: Brahms
Date Posted: 11/29/2016 at 5:18pm

Hello everybody. Can you share your experience of playing this new donic waldner blade? what rubbers are good with it?

Hello, I bought a second hand blade to try as I own a Kong Linghui Classic and Special as well. I also own a Waldner Senso Carbon.

The first test was with a pair of old Donic Baracuda 2mm... Very disappointed. I hate this mushy feeling... and tons of vibrations then I gave up very quickly...

The second one was with a pair of Donic Bluefire Bigslam ...a little bit better but still this feeling I just don't fit with.

Not so fast from what I've seen, maybe the egg shape is not for me... The WSC is much better IMHO. I believe this blade to remind me the stiga off classic that I didn't enjoyed too much.

I finished my training with butterfly grubba all+ and 2 Baracuda... lot of control and the feeling is good. From the the few minutes I've played with JO waldner limited edition it's far different compare with KLH or WSC which is really good blade.

My banda old trip has been shorten a lot. Maybe other player will experience this blade with much success.

Hope it helps.

Brahms

-------------
Blade : Aero off+ soft carbon

FH : Tuttle 888 Extraterrestrial 2.2mm
BH : Dr Neubauer Killer Pro 1.8mm

Posted By: vajica
Date Posted: 02/05/2017 at 4:20pm
Here are my two cents...

Played the blade recently with MX-S 1.9-2.0 on FH side and Vega Europe DF 2.0 on BH side.
Vega Europe is imo too soft for this blade so I switched to another MX-S 1.7-1.8.

Such a strange blade, if you use the middle part of the blade it plays direct enough that the blocks and smashes work great.

On the other hand upper part (because of the shape, I suppose) has quite a bit of vibration to it and helps spiny shots a lot. That part reminds me on Liu Shiwen, but I am waaay better in smashing with Waldner.

Speed is somewhere between off- and off, with plastic balls I would rather say off-.

I suppose that you will either love or hate the blade with two different characters, I personally love it, and think of playing with it for the season.

Amazing value for money, but please do seal it!
I don't seal my blades (mostly play Butterfly which are factory sealed) and after first taking of the bh rubber I got two heavy splinters glued to the sponge instead of the blade face.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72955&title=feedback-vajica" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72955&title=feedback-vajica

Posted By: *_strataras_*
Date Posted: 02/06/2017 at 10:21am
Very nice review moj brate. I hope you enjoy it. I personally dont glue it cause I want this "limited edition" to have more value.

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74157&title=feedback-strataras" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Posted By: Shifu
Date Posted: 02/06/2017 at 12:37pm
I also got one, just to collect. It's actually one of the heavier ones with 84 grams, I had another one which was really light and I heard that many are lighter than the old Bandas

Posted By: Pejantan
Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 6:02pm
Just bought this twin...JO waldner and JO wadlner Senso Carbon. In my opinion the wood grain on waldner senso is better than waldner, just like my old avalox p700...overall, both are nice blades and nice grips (senso is a little bit smaller)

Posted By: tabletennis11
Date Posted: 04/23/2017 at 4:18am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

A couple favorable reviews over here —  http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-waldner-jo-shape-limited-edition" rel="nofollow - http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-waldner-jo-shape-limited-edition

That's where I bought mine.  Good site if you haven't purchased from them before.

Thanks for the shout out! 

In case you're interested, we've recently published an expert review of this blade on our blog. Feel free to leave your feedback. We'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

Link:  http://blog.tabletennis11.com/donic-waldner-jo-shape-and-senso-carbon-review" rel="nofollow - http://blog.tabletennis11.com/donic-waldner-jo-shape-and-senso-carbon-review

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QlKrAbsMQ?utm_source=mytt-signature" rel="nofollow - Click Here to see TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov's Introductory Interview - Tabletennis11.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net