Print Page | Close Window

Nittaku FastArc Series; Light Rubbers

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75802
Printed Date: 04/28/2024 at 11:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Nittaku FastArc Series; Light Rubbers
Posted By: Chewy
Subject: Nittaku FastArc Series; Light Rubbers
Date Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:08am
Hello everyone!

Some questions regarding the Nittaku FastArc series, P, G, C, S.. May I know which is hardest to softest?
I would like to know more options for a medium feel FH rubber and soft feel BH rubber.
And most importantly, light weight rubbers! I did read about the Nittaku Fastarc being light, are there any rubbers as light?

I do not necessarily need ESN or Tenergy rubbers. And if there is something similar but lacking the "boost/catapult" effect from Tensors. I'm fine with it.. as I know I cannot have best of both worlds.

I prefer spin to speed. But it does not have to be really tacky like chinese rubbers. With my playstyle, I am unable to bring out the best in Chinese rubbers anyway..

I consider Tibhar EL-P, Andro Rasant medium feel rubbers.
And FX-P and Tenergy FX rubbers soft feel rubbers.

Anything lighter? FastArc good choice? Tensor light-weights exist? Heard about the Donic Acuda series.. but not sure how light is light. Therefore using the Fastarc as a benchmark for now.

Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: caratoon
Date Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:21am
I bought a fastarc s1 recently and it's pretty good. Really fast but I really wish there was more spin. But for my backhand side I couldn't find a really big weakness in the rubber. It feels rather medium-hard to me but I assume that it will get softer after I break it in some more.

Date Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:26am
Hey Caratoon,

Thank you. S1 = Medium to Hard based on your experience.
What about weight? Is it light? Compared to ESN/Tenergy rubbers? Or just a slight difference? 

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 06/09/2016 at 12:19pm
if you want something without "boost/catapult" effect and lightweight try Focus III snipe. very light and very cheap

Posted By: igorigor
Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 1:01am
Fastarc series is made by ESNWink

Posted By: Knuckle Ball
Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 2:23am
Fastarc S1 is probably one of the fastest rubbers out there, faster than the Calibras IMHO. Good for blocking, smashing and driving play. I consider S1 medium hard.
Fastarc G1 is really nice and generates great spin. Not soft nor hard more around medium.
G1 is Great on FH or BH.

-------------
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red

Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 5:18am
@ Pilgrim, ok will check it out. I wonder if there really any power in those ultra light rubbers. Like Stiga Innova? And the one you mentioned Snipe 3.

@ igor, aww man.. The only reason I'm afraid with ESN rubbers is the weight. Unless Fastarc is a lighter ESN? Or are there really light weight ESNs?

@ knuckle ball, thank you. At least I now know that the G1 is softer than the S1. Is the G1 softest of the lot? Sounds like a compatible BH rubber. How do you find the weight of the Fastarc series? Normal? Light?

Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

@ Pilgrim, ok will check it out. I wonder if there really any power in those ultra light rubbers. Like Stiga Innova? And the one you mentioned Snipe 3.

@ igor, aww man.. The only reason I'm afraid with ESN rubbers is the weight. Unless Fastarc is a lighter ESN? Or are there really light weight ESNs?

@ knuckle ball, thank you. At least I now know that the G1 is softer than the S1. Is the G1 softest of the lot? Sounds like a compatible BH rubber. How do you find the weight of the Fastarc series? Normal? Light?

About weight:

Posted By: TurboZ
Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 7:23am
From Nittaku Spec.
Speed P1 = S1 > C1 > G1
Spin G1 > P1 = C1 > S1
Hardness P1 = G1 > C1 = S1
Throw Arc G1 > P1 = C1 > S1
Throw Distance S1 = P1 > C1 > G1
Pip Size G1 = C1 > P1 = S1
Pip Gap S1 > P1 > G1 = C1

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=53150&title=feedback-turboz - My Feedback

Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 7:47am
@igor , may I know where did you get the table? A link perhaps? Curious bout the other rubbers too.

@Turbo, turbo you sir are a lifesaver. Thank you! Couldn't figure out the catalogue as it was in Japanese!

Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 3:44pm

@igor , may I know where did you get the table? A link perhaps? Curious bout the other rubbers too.

@Turbo, turbo you sir are a lifesaver. Thank you! Couldn't figure out the catalogue as it was in Japanese!

http://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/" rel="nofollow - http://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database

Date Posted: 06/10/2016 at 9:01pm

yep lighter than most of my rubbers.

-------------

Posted By: gekogark1212
Date Posted: 06/11/2016 at 12:52am
I must be the only one out there that thinks S1 is soft. I'd bottom out on it on every backhand hmm

-------------
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Date Posted: 06/11/2016 at 2:15am
While browsing, I also found the TSP Agrit rubbers to be fast and light.
Thanks guys, the list and comments really helped.

The S1 is advertised as soft though...

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 06/11/2016 at 2:20am
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

I must be the only one out there that thinks S1 is soft. I'd bottom out on it on every backhand hmm

I would call it medium-soft (similar to Vega Europe) and definitely softer than G1. I initially liked it but after a couple of weeks it got softer and I didn't like to anymore.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 06/11/2016 at 4:04am
I think the majority of you are pretty fast players. The bulk seem to prefer harder sponges.

I had a Xiom Omega IV I think.. somehow I didn't like it at all. Was quick and all but I just can't produce as much spin on it... My friend tried it too and said the same. Or maybe it's just us.. Wacko

Posted By: xujinjiang99
Date Posted: 06/11/2016 at 10:29pm
S1 is the softest and lightest, C1 is pretty soft too. I personally don't feel a big difference between the two.

G1 is the hardest and pretty heavy. 

I like the strong grip of the FastArc rubbers. Putting G1 on forehand and S1/C1 on backhand might be a good idea:) 

Date Posted: 06/12/2016 at 5:50am
@chewy
Opppssss my mistake, my G1 is harder more spin and heavier than S1. Somehow I forgot as I don't use them much.  I like my G1 for FH or BH, while I have trouble finding a suitable blade for my S1, simply to fast for me.

-------------

Date Posted: 06/12/2016 at 9:21am
Haha no worries Knuckle...
Had the list from Turbo earlier. At least we can know all agree that the S1 is indeed soft. Clap

Posted By: Malex
Date Posted: 06/25/2016 at 1:41am
Hello,
 FastArc G1(Max) weight is 51g, Hard topsheet and sponge ( comparing Hexer, Tenergy), good spin, moderate speed, moderate catapult.
 Flyatt Hard(Max) - weght 44g, thin and soft topsheet, medium sponge. Very good backhand rubber. Moderate spin and good speed.

-------------
Malex

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net