Print Page | Close Window

STIGA CLIPPER SPECIAL EDITION

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77902
Printed Date: 05/04/2024 at 11:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: STIGA CLIPPER SPECIAL EDITION
Posted By: ronakvyas86
Subject: STIGA CLIPPER SPECIAL EDITION
Date Posted: 12/27/2016 at 8:01am
When blades become extremely popular, companies start mass producing them which leads to bad quality. With increasing number of alternatives and clones over time, the original company's marketing team comes up with the same blade, now labelled with the "special edition" engravings and unbelievably crazy price tags to get the attention of EJs/collectors with a lot of money. Are these "special edition" blades worth buying for someone who is looking for a good blade to play with? No they're not

-------------
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB

Replies:
Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 12/27/2016 at 11:24am
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

When blades become extremely popular, companies start mass producing them which leads to bad quality. With increasing number of alternatives and clones over time, the original company's marketing team comes up with the same blade, now labelled with the "special edition" engravings and unbelievably crazy price tags to get the attention of EJs/collectors with a lot of money. Are these "special edition" blades worth buying for someone who is looking for a good blade to play with? No they're not

Provincial clipper are noticeable better more solid more gears.there are used clippers from cnt players in taobao

Date Posted: 12/28/2016 at 5:16am
A brand new nittaku ludeack power from a good seller like tt11 is way better than a used clipper (even a better made) out of a marketplace full of fake stuff.

-------------

Posted By: chronos
Date Posted: 12/28/2016 at 11:57am
I remember someone on the forum sold a clipper with this marking on it - price was no different from the commercial price.  Haven't really seen these since then.  Seems suspicious if you ask me.  

err to be clear - the high price on prott seems suspicious.  The forumer didn't make any special claims about it.

Posted By: ChichoFicho
Date Posted: 12/28/2016 at 3:35pm
The only special thing about it is the price - it is ridiculous.

-------------
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen

Posted By: Toprank
Date Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:34am
I have one of these in a straight handle. I got it from a guy who said his friend was on the Singapore national team.  I wish it was worth that price.

-------------
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe

Posted By: Jasonh
Date Posted: 02/10/2017 at 8:47am
I think someone has posted a similar blade on some forum and it was regarded as a regular commercial blade for the Korean market.

And Liu Guoliang definitely DID NOT use this blade. Dead

-------------
Fly away!

Posted By: Jasonh
Date Posted: 02/11/2017 at 1:44pm
http://www.tak9.com/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=4548&category=001

-------------
Fly away!

Posted By: Tuly007
Date Posted: 02/15/2017 at 2:39pm
If anyone bought enough blades even from a reputable manufacturer like nittaku or butterfly,tibhar had many chances to find out that,there is a big feeling/sound difference in the manufacturing process even on the originals blades like Zjk alc, Nittaku Ludeack 7ply, even if bought multiple at the same time....and asked for the same weight when bought online

Just received 2 Ludeacks from TT11 85 grams ST., and the sound/feel diff is enormous and the thickness varying for .15 mm.... the thicker sounds stiffer and faster((((( between the Tibhar force pro black and stiga clipper, comparing my copies))))the thinner blade seems to be very close to the Latika 5ply
Same with the 7 ply Tibhar furious, got 2 and were soft,flexible,ok when bought 2 others had horrible hollow sound and stiffer
Same with the Nexy PeterPan 1st 84 grams was good got 2 others and !!!! different but still not bad
Same with viscaria,zjk alc,   Only multiple((3)) very close to each other bought at same time were Tibhar force pro black edition....lucky there
Btwy ludeack is on sale this week there, u may be luckier.

-------------
still testing

Date Posted: 02/16/2017 at 1:51am
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

I remember someone on the forum sold a clipper with this marking on it - price was no different from the commercial price.  Haven't really seen these since then.  Seems suspicious if you ask me.  

err to be clear - the high price on prott seems suspicious.  The forumer didn't make any special claims about it.

who knows what blade from other brand plays the same or close like ahigh quality clipper?

Posted By: Claudiu84
Date Posted: 02/17/2017 at 2:00am
Maybe Nittaku ludeack power?

Date Posted: 02/17/2017 at 5:29am
Originally posted by Claudiu84 Claudiu84 wrote:

Maybe Nittaku ludeack power?

i m afraid cpen handles in nittaku are too narrow at least lialox does

Date Posted: 02/18/2017 at 3:34pm
I don't find Cpen handles of nittaku any narrow than yasaka. However, Shakehand handles of many nittaku blades are too narrow.

Galaxy M5 plays like clipper. Tibhar samsonov force pro black is like a good quality clipper like blade. However, I don't know whether the head dimensions of TSFPB is same as clipper cpen

-------------

Date Posted: 02/19/2017 at 1:15am
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

I don't find Cpen handles of nittaku any narrow than yasaka. However, Shakehand handles of many nittaku blades are too narrow.

Galaxy M5 plays like clipper. Tibhar samsonov force pro black is like a good quality clipper like blade. However, I don't know whether the head dimensions of TSFPB is same as clipper cpen

i bought a nittaku lialox cpen and it was narrow my thumb and forefinger were too close.

Posted By: ChichoFicho
Date Posted: 02/19/2017 at 5:23am
The only cpen that comes close to old clipper despite having different plies is Kong Linghui Euro but it's been discontinued.

-------------
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net