Print Page | Close Window

BH rubber and blade suggestions

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78029
Printed Date: 04/24/2024 at 12:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: BH rubber and blade suggestions
Posted By: pacificspice
Subject: BH rubber and blade suggestions
Date Posted: 01/08/2017 at 10:35pm
Hi I am intermediate player looking for suggestions for a BH rubber to complement H3 Neo max sponge on my FH. What I would prefer for the BH is an all round inverted rubber which is insensitive to incoming spin, high gears and maybe deceptive. Also would like suggestions for an all wood blade for ~ $20 and OFF- or OFF. 

Replies:
Posted By: ronakvyas86
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 6:06am
For $20, you should get a HRT Clipper.

The description of your BH rubber matches the characteristics of short pips. They're more insensitive to incoming spin than inverted, can be deceptive (depending on their ability to generate their own spin and thickness of sponge) and have good control. However, it's very difficult to loop with them, they're primarily used for blocking, driving, hitting, and less often, for chopping. Some spinny ones can generate lots of spin but still not even close to a spinny inverted

For inverted rubber go for something like rakza x. It's a versatile BH inverted with good control and somewhat insensitive to incoming spin. But it won't be deceptive. Few other alternatives are T64, TSP agrit/agrit speed, coppa x1 turbo platin.

-------------
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by pacificspice pacificspice wrote:

Hi I am intermediate player looking for suggestions for a BH rubber to complement H3 Neo max sponge on my FH. What I would prefer for the BH is an all round inverted rubber which is insensitive to incoming spin, high gears and maybe deceptive. Also would like suggestions for an all wood blade for ~ $20 and OFF- or OFF. 

The only inverted rubber with some deception (ignoring anti, of course) that I know of is Gambler Reflectoid. It's also pretty insensitive to spin, but I have no idea about gears  - but, hey, 2 out of 3 is not bad!

While we are on the subject of deception - I was told several times that balls coming off Vs>401 are strange (it does have a chopping sponge, I think), but my weird strokes probably had something to do with that as well.

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Posted By: LUCKYLOOP
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 10:12am
Call Paddle Palace equipment experts

1-800-547-5891

-------------
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Posted By: LUCKYLOOP
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 7:00pm

Compare what the above posters suggest and Paddle Palace suggest. What are the differences and why ?

-------------
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Posted By: ronakvyas86
Date Posted: 01/10/2017 at 3:22am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Compare what the above posters suggest and Paddle Palace suggest. What are the differences and why ?

I too would like to know that

-------------
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB

Posted By: Purett
Date Posted: 01/10/2017 at 5:35am
friendship 729 super soft 
new grubba blade all+
clipper cr wrb

-------------
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 01/12/2017 at 12:08pm
Used, worn out rubbers match exactly what the OP is looking for. It's free, if you ask around in your local club, or post a LF in the Sale section, and offer to pay for shipping.

For blade, I do not recommend buying any ~20 dollars blade, you will end up wasting the money, since you can't re-sell it, can't even give it away most of the time. Blade is like a wrist watch, it should be something you like and cherish.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net