Print Page | Close Window

2017 U.S. National Championships

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: JimT
Assistant Moderators: mmerkel

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78031
Printed Date: 08/19/2017 at 8:18pm

Topic: 2017 U.S. National Championships
Posted By: Cyclone in MN
Subject: 2017 U.S. National Championships
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 6:00pm
Has USA Table Tennis released any information on the U.S. National Championships? I'm assuming it's in early July at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Is there an event schedule?

Replies:
Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Cyclone in MN Cyclone in MN wrote:

Has USA Table Tennis released any information on the U.S. National Championships? I'm assuming it's in early July at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Is there an event schedule?

I haven't seen anything on the Nationals, but it will probably be July 3rd-8th.

Posted By: Vince64
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 11:29pm
The esteemed Mr mts388 is correct, the Nationals will be July 3-8th. Of course they could always change it.

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline

Posted By: Gordy
Date Posted: 01/10/2017 at 8:19am
We announced it at the Open...but I can't seem to find the announcement!

July 3-8 in Las Vegas. Finals will be Friday night.

-------------
JOOLA Aruna OFF / T-05 / RHZYM TECH

Posted By: Cyclone in MN
Date Posted: 01/10/2017 at 8:44pm
Thanks for the info! When will the schedule of events be released?

Date Posted: 01/10/2017 at 9:35pm
[QUOTE=Cyclone in MN]Thanks for the info! When will the schedule of events be released?[/QUOT

Hopefully in March, but probably not until April.

Date Posted: 01/11/2017 at 12:07pm
Our goal is to have the schedule of events released the first week in March and the entry form to follow two weeks thereafter. We have met already to discuss the event list and event programming, so I am comfortable that by working with our team we will be able to meet that goal.

-------------

Posted By: Purett
Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 4:33pm
what changes so much in the events that needs that much planning 
the usatt has 2 tournaments a year it cant be that hard can it

-------------
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

what changes so much in the events that needs that much planning 
the usatt has 2 tournaments a year it cant be that hard can it

Are people in the rush to sign up for the Nationals already? I suspect organizers might want to have a look at what worked and did not at the last tournament, perhaps think about events, schedule etc. 

Westchester does not post their list of events for future tournaments until 2-3 weeks before it starts, after all. And also tweaks it here and there. Wink 

-------------
USATT: 1800
Baracuda - Defplay - Dornenglanz OX

Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 5:34pm
Because the Nationals is a once a year event and usually requires flights and hotels, more time is needed for the participants.  Because it is the "Nationals" there is more excitement and anticipation for the players.  It's also a week long event which may require vacation planning. 

Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 9:28pm
i understand  if the player thinks about it for 6 months but the usatt shouldn't

-------------
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001

Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 9:30pm
joola teams you can sign up now 
y cant you sign up for the nationals or the next us open now
usatt knows already they going to have the tournaments every year

-------------
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001

Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 10:05pm
The reason for the delay is that we believe it is important to look at every aspect of the tournament, from top-to-bottom,  as we plan for the next tournament. That includes a vigorous look at the event format, event listing, and schedule of events -- and changing/editing/tweaking based on learning from the previous tournament, be it the US Open or Nationals.

Unlike the teams events (or more traditional tournaments) where the events are basically the same from year to year, you might have noticed that we try to change up a few things each tournament. The SuperTiered RR, Adult/Junior events, and a few others are things we are trying. At the last Open, for example, we heard from a number of higher rated players that there were not enough events for players over 2300 -- so we added the U-2600 and U-2700. If we work too far in advance, it's hard for us to make changes like that. There are probably 20 or 30 different things that go into making the schedule and with every change, there is an adjustment...

So, what I am saying is that I would rather wait until March to get it right than release something nine months in advance and have to change it constantly.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 11:47pm
I love the format changes that been made at the Open and the Nationals.  Most of my friends (both of them)Smile are looking forward to each tournament.  Instead of going to Las Vegas once a year, they're going twice. 

Print Page | Close Window