Print Page | Close Window

BTY 2017 Rozena

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78435
Printed Date: 04/27/2024 at 12:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: BTY 2017 Rozena
Posted By: Crowsfeather
Subject: BTY 2017 Rozena
Date Posted: 02/28/2017 at 9:35pm
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1227764680653205&set=pcb.1227764737319866&type=3&theater

BTY Rozena
Tends to have lower performance than Tenergy series, also lower price. 40-50USD

-------------
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .

Replies:
Posted By: IanMcg
Date Posted: 02/28/2017 at 11:53pm
Hopefully it offers better performance than Roundell.

Posted By: adishorul
Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1227764680653205&set=pcb.1227764737319866&type=3&theater

BTY Rozena

Why are you assuming  Rozena will have a lower performance than Tenergy? 

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

BTY Rozena

guess if the market guys at bty have a brain this rubber must be like baracuda or q mid range rubber

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 1:24pm
High performance rubber "Rosena" pursuing tolerance "

"Rosena" using "spring sponge" that surprised the world. Its feature is the height of "tolerance" which combines a newly developed topsheet with "rope sponge" dyed in rose color. Butterfly unique high tension technology demonstrates power, while compensating for subtle racket angle and swing direction error, create a sense of stability in play. When the performance of "Rosena" is drawn out from the former team by Nakazato's play, its performance approaches the legendary rubber.

● "Tolerance" means tolerance and tolerance in English. It expresses features which are easy to cover error of subtle racket angle and swing direction at hitting the ball

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Posted By: berndt_mann
Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

High performance rubber "Rosena" pursuing tolerance "

"Rosena" using "spring sponge" that surprised the world. Its feature is the height of "tolerance" which combines a newly developed topsheet with "rope sponge" dyed in rose color. Butterfly unique high tension technology demonstrates power, while compensating for subtle racket angle and swing direction error, create a sense of stability in play. When the performance of "Rosena" is drawn out from the former team by Nakazato's play, its performance approaches the legendary rubber.

● "Tolerance" means tolerance and tolerance in English. It expresses features which are easy to cover error of subtle racket angle and swing direction at hitting the ball

Wait a minute here.  If your racket angle at contact is 55 instead of 50 degrees and you want to hit a backhand down the line but because of a swing direction error it goes crosscourt instead Butterfly Rosena, being a highly tolerant rubber, is going to correct your racket angle and swing direction so as to do what you intended to do in the first place?  Wow.  That sure is some legendary tolerance.  Makes me wish I were born in 1992 instead of 1942 and had 100 bucks to blow on this stuff.

-------------
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber

Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 6:05pm
I always hoped Butterfly would make more Spring Sponge rubbers outside TENERGY and Spin Art. 05 is topspin and loop oriented, 64 is good for counterlooping and driving, 25 is good at hitting and smashing, 80 suits balanced offense, and Spin Art is basically a Chinese rubber. I'm interested to see what Butterfly is aiming for with Rozena.
I'd like to see Butterfly start sticking Spring Sponge under a wider variety of topsheets. How about a Spring Sponge short pips rubber, like Challenger SS or Flarestorm SS? Perhaps Spring Sponge wouldn't work as well underneath a long pips or anti topsheet, but I'd be down to try them anyways.
I feel there are many smooth topsheets that Butterfly could combine Spring Sponge with. How about Bryce Speed SS and Sriver SS? Personally, I think an Ekrips SS or Sapphira SS would be perfect rubbers for me. I'd be very interested in trying out rubbers like these.

Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 9:31pm

BTY Rozena

BTY dealer in Thailand tell me that way, it's a controllable T05 with less catapult.
I'm sorry if it's not true in the recent future. The release should be around April - May.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 10:45pm
My rubber is intolerant;
It does just what I do.
And since my technique ain't perfect,
It's sometimes up I screw.

It won't correct an eff-up
Or even a minor miscue.
Which means I'll lose to people
Whose rubbers can and do.

I probably should buy Rozena
But I can't afford the price.
But playing with a rubber so tolerant,
That really would be nice.

So I guess I'll stick with Leyland
Which doesn't give much help,
And watch my game go down the drain
While I piss and moan and yelp.

At least I can play hardbat
If not too tolerantly
Where nobody plays Rozena
In Tucson, no sireee!

-------------
bmann1942

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:22am

BTY Rozena

BTY dealer in Thailand tell me that way, it's a controllable T05 with less catapult.
I'm sorry if it's not true in the recent future. The release should be around April - May.

The release will be on 21st of April, as far as I know rozena will be a rubber on its own, except spring sponge and high tension the top-sheet will be completely different vs tenergy not worse just different. The target will be players who don't like tenergy but like butterfly so rozena will compete with medium medium hard esn rubbers.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:37am
Going by the numbers, Rozena is somewhere between Tenergy and Roundell. I'm not sure if one can even it filling a niche.

Butterfly claims it is a "high tolerance" rubber, that affords the user some wiggle room for blade angle and swing path, which in turn offers the user a sense of stability. Designed for close-table and mid-distance play.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

My rubber is intolerant;
It does just what I do.
And since my technique ain't perfect,
It's sometimes up I screw.

It won't correct an eff-up
Or even a minor miscue.
Which means I'll lose to people
Whose rubbers can and do.

I probably should buy Rozena
But I can't afford the price.
But playing with a rubber so tolerant,
That really would be nice.

So I guess I'll stick with Leyland
Which doesn't give much help,
And watch my game go down the drain
While I piss and moan and yelp.

At least I can play hardbat
If not too tolerantly
Where nobody plays Rozena
In Tucson, no sireee!

Lolzzzzz, love it

-------------

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:09pm
Just talk to ITC distributor and he said ITC will release high performance rubber call P5
At first it was planed to release this March, but they delay production at least June(maybe improvement).
And I just order Powercell MP 45 for a test.

EJ devil got me again.

-------------

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:38pm
The powercell mp is the only itc rubber that catches attention. Othe variants seem only above average.

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 11:36pm
Yikessss you mean regular MP??

-------------

Date Posted: 04/02/2017 at 10:41pm

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Posted By: DreiZ
Date Posted: 04/02/2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

0:32

"developed in the pursuit of 'tolerance'..."

Tolerance for what? Butterfly sky-high prices?...

-------------
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725

Date Posted: 04/03/2017 at 5:06am
That topsheet looks like it's got a lot of tension. I wonder how it can appear so taut yet remain tolerant? LOL

Posted By: opinari
Date Posted: 04/03/2017 at 10:34am
It's priced at $50 here in the states and 5,000 yen in Japan and coming out April 30th.

I actually might pick up a sheet if I can find it for a bit cheaper - I use Roundell on my backhand because it's less spinny (and less sensitive to spin with a lower throw).  For some reason though, Roundell is priced at $52 here in the states and only 4,200 yen in Japan (and often cheaper).

-------------
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena

Posted By: *_strataras_*
Date Posted: 04/03/2017 at 10:52am
A breakthrought from butterfly was so much needed, after so many years of the tenergy leadrship.

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74157&title=feedback-strataras" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Date Posted: 04/04/2017 at 10:48pm
Definitely on my EJ list, perhaps try it on BH.

-------------

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 04/07/2017 at 7:08pm
If this teaser video has some real pics of Rozena, then it looks like a tamed T64, not 05. Pips are small and sparse, yet not very low, much like T64. Definitely on my EJ list as a bh rubber for Primorac Carbon.

Posted By: emihet
Date Posted: 04/08/2017 at 5:01pm
will likely try it as well

-------------
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades

Posted By: henningf
Date Posted: 04/09/2017 at 12:30pm
I'm going to try it as a substitute for my Sriver G3 on my backhand.

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 04/09/2017 at 1:16pm
Is there any reason one should use this over T64? Seems like a tamer version of T64 is all tbh, but we won't know until it releases!

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Date Posted: 04/09/2017 at 6:11pm
Going by the numbers, Rozena is closest to the T25.

Going by the topsheet, Rozena is closest to T80, if not identical.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 04/09/2017 at 7:10pm
With this pip size it will have nothing common with T25... Maybe, it's just a T80 with a 1 degree softer sponge. A notch softer, a notch slower, with spin insensitive topsheet similar to T80 - here it is, an all+ version of Tenergy!

Date Posted: 04/10/2017 at 6:42am

-------------

Date Posted: 04/10/2017 at 6:42am
Pingponginter Shop ,Sample Blade and Rubber

-------------

Date Posted: 04/10/2017 at 7:14am
Looks like the pips are arranged more sparsely than T80's.

Posted By: iamj8
Date Posted: 04/10/2017 at 9:13am
Wonder if this is going to be the "Sriver SS" (Spring Sponge) I've dreamed about for years... LOL

-------------
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...

Posted By: 1dennistt
Date Posted: 04/10/2017 at 2:08pm
The best I can tell from overlaying these photos it is close to Tenergy 80 as far as the topsheet goes.  If these pics are accurate to scale.  I tried to match the topsheet thickness and sponge thickness for comparison.  I'm at work now so don't have anything to allow a closer inspection at the moment.

-------------
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)

Date Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:45pm
I just got a sheet of red rozena 2.1

Just first impression : play similarly like Tenergy 05/80 with more linear behavior.
Grippy behavior you seek in T05 is there, favor more for who hate springy T05
Considered Rozena is in the price range of Evo Omega Rasant Bluefire,

In Thai Baht
Rozena 1500 with discount > 1350 (40USD)
Evo 1100-1200 (35USD)
Rasanter 1330 (38USD)
Omega V 1200 (35USD)

Wise marketing plan for BTY, another competitor for the price range of popular rubber and for those who tend not to afford Tenergy.

Full Review coming soons.

-------------

Posted By: Rich215
Date Posted: 04/24/2017 at 9:36am

I just got a sheet of red rozena 2.1

Just first impression : play similarly like Tenergy 05/80 with more linear behavior.
Grippy behavior you seek in T05 is there, favor more for who hate springy T05
Considered Rozena is in the price range of Evo Omega Rasant Bluefire,

In Thai Baht
Rozena 1500 with discount > 1350 (40USD)
Evo 1100-1200 (35USD)
Rasanter 1330 (38USD)
Omega V 1200 (35USD)

Wise marketing plan for BTY, another competitor for the price range of popular rubber and for those who tend not to afford Tenergy.

Full Review coming soons.

How is the weight?   Did you measure and weigh it before cutting?

-------------

Date Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:33am
Sorry I didn't, but I'm sure it's lighter than T05.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:36am

-------------

Date Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:36am

-------------

Date Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:49am
pips diameter seem the same
Rozena's pip is higher by just a bit with more pip-distribution distance.

overall feel - Rozena seem denser to me especially sponge....... manufactor and some other people say it's softer??? The fact is Rozena is on ITC Premere XR while T05 is on another player ZJK SZLC.
So I press the cut rubber and still Rozena is firmer. Some people at gym agree with me.
Please confirm that or against it if you find this wrong. So that I'm not misleading MyTT readers.

Impression Rozena is difference from Tenergy in term of Bounciness and Catapult effect. It has more linear behavior for one who hate Tenergy springiness. Gripness is almost the same

Need some more days to break though the rubber.

-------------

Posted By: Believer
Date Posted: 04/26/2017 at 9:18am
sounds like a tamed Tenergy, not bad, this will blow away my EJ budget...:)

What's the weight of this rubber compare to Tenergy?  

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 04/26/2017 at 3:55pm
Before we played mxp omega ... as a tenergy 05 clone. Today we are going to play an mxp clone for the same price while mxp is already very good , why? Don't think it would succeed.

-------------
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

Posted By: learnTT
Date Posted: 04/27/2017 at 3:27pm
I hope I didn't break a rule .... below, I google translated and copied from:  http://www.tt-spin.de/butterfly-rozena/

Butterfly Rozena
April 26, 2017 by tt89player

With the Butterfly Rozena a covering was announced, which only as a second Butterfly covering the technologies Springe Sponge and High Tension combined with each other. Apart from the Tenergy flooring, of course. So far, these are only combined with the Butterfly Spinart.

The Japanese traditional company seems to have completed the popular Tenergy pavement series. The long-term success and the already eight different versions give the guess right.

With the Rozena another target group of table tennis players is to be addressed. This is to be done in two ways. On the one hand the butterfly's charm is offered at a lower price. With 44,90 € UVP this is still twelve euros under the VK of the Tenergy's.

On the other hand, it has been recognized that many players are looking for an attack pad that forgives even the one or inaccuracy in the game, but which can still be added to the high-performance coverings.

In the advertisements, Butterfly praises the new Rozena as the flooring for the way upwards. The Tenergy coating series is still the top product for top players. Since I could imagine that so some youth players are now addressed.

Less my case is the new pink sponge. I can say at the same time that it is an ordinary jumping sponge sponge. So do not fall into anticipation just because of the sponge color 😉
Technical characteristics of Butterfly Rozena

When unpacking the cover I noticed some things. The upper rubber is very similar to the Tenergy pads. The coating surface also seems to be very high-quality.

The smell of the sponge is identical. The sponge itself is only slightly softer with its 35 ° Japanese sponge hardness compared to the usual 36 ° Springe Sponge sponge. Overall I would classify the coating between medium and medium-hard.

If I did not know better and if the sponge was not pink, I would think that I had some Tenergy covering before me.

The weight of my specimen (red 2,1mm) is in the package 96g. Unpacked the 69g. On my Butterfly Primorac cut comes the Butterfly Rozena on 45g. This is minimal lighter than an average Tenergy 05 on my wood brings (46-48g).
Features of the Butterfly Rozena

Also from the play feel is the relationship to the Tenergy's clearly felt. I think that in a blind test many would not notice the difference.

The Butterfly Rozena is a bit more lively and a little more catapulted than the harder Jump Sponge Pads. The impression of total hardness in between medium and medium hard area is confirmed.
Topspin, topspin and half-distance

The first topspins succeed intuitively well and with a familiar feeling. The countless hours of playing in which I had the Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64 on my racket are paying off.

The topspin on undercut can be opened both spinning and soft, as well as hard and dynamic. The Rozena has a wide range of possibilities. The variability is the great strength of the coating in the spins. Tenergy floor coverings, whether it is the T05 near the table or the T64 from the half distance, can be achieved with the Butterfly Rozena from any position a good performance.

Both at the table at an early ball meeting point, as well as from the half distance, the pad has an excellent acceleration and dynamics. The spice curve of Butterfly Rozena is mid-high and lies between T80 and T64. The rotational level is equally applicable.

In the case of countertop spindles, a lot of pressure can be generated. The variability and dynamics ensure that the right ball can always be played. Many points are also achieved by the fact that the covering in the attack game has a comparatively high fault tolerance.

Even with demanding balls, the upper rubber grips the ball optimally and allows for change of cut easily. Extreme topspin angles are easy to play with the other pads like Tenergy 05, Vega Pro or Nittaku Fastarc G-1 better.

The Butterfly Rozena is by no means an easy to play surface. Compared to the sensitivity of the Tenergy 05 against the incoming spin of the opponent, or the difficult to control the Tempodynamik of the Tenergy 64, can be scored with the Rozena also sometimes with not so optimal position to the ball.

The control comes however not as with the T80 by the Obergummi alone, but by the combination of the somewhat softer jump sponge sponge and the again changed Obergummi.

Posted By: learnTT
Date Posted: 04/27/2017 at 3:33pm
Serve, kickback, block and shot

In the block game, the Butterfly Rozena works on a good level. Fast and passive blockballs can be played with good odds. The susceptibility to spin lies in the middle range of what I am accustomed to from comparable table-top carpets. The light catapult and the medium ball flight curve give a good, if not outstanding, support and forgive some mistakes.

In the serve I find the Butterfly Rozena very good. The rotational level is in the upper range. All my dangerous markups show their effect. Placement is simple and easy.

In the kickback, the coating takes up a lot of spin. Compared to the Tenergy 05 is however relatively little. A good timing I would nevertheless advise. Especially in the short-short, the flooring is optimal, as the ball can be placed precisely. Flips above the table are very spinning and with good pressure.

The killing succeeds quite well with the Butterfly Rozena. The lining has a lot of tempo and dynamics reserves, although there are harder and faster pads. The error rate is low. Balloon defense also shows its variability and stable properties. Counter-attacks are possible from all positions. Both soft topspins and hard backlashes can be used.
Conclusion to the Butterfly Rozena

If I did not know better, I would say that Butterfly has brought another Tenergy to the market. But this is cheaper under the label Rozena.

Furthermore, the lining is slightly more good-natured and more variable than its predecessor and combines the great strengths of all Springe Sponge / High Tension pads.

If you look at the Rozena as a stand alone, then I would speak of a balanced topspinbelag, which develops a good dynamics. This can be operated variably both at the table and from the half-range.

Due to the softer sponge, it also looks more kindly than the Tenergy pads, with its dynamics and speed approaching.

A controllable attack surface was promised, which also forgives a bad position to the ball. And Butterfly has delivered. After the low success of the last non-Tenergy floorings, Butterfly has now launched a floor covering which can be an alternative for many table tennis players. And this was underpinned by a comparatively low EIA.

So if you're looking for a variable attack pad that has a lot of spin and a high pace but still forgives some mistakes, the new Butterfly Rozena should stick to the bat

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 04/27/2017 at 4:02pm
Why is it whenever I read about this rubber, I keep thinking of Super Saiyan Rose from Dragonball Super...

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: BRS
Date Posted: 04/27/2017 at 4:58pm
Because you're the biggest ej ever in the history of the world?

Date Posted: 04/27/2017 at 10:10pm
KAmehamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

-------------

Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Why so unserious...

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: BRS
Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Why so unserious...

Because I actually thought Saiyan super Rose was a TT rubber and Dragon ball an equipment company, LOL. Wikipedia tells me otherwise.

Posted By: GMan4911
Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 2:08pm
In stock at ButterflyOnline now.
http://shop.butterflyonline.com/rozena-rubber-rozp" rel="nofollow - http://shop.butterflyonline.com/rozena-rubber-rozp

-------------
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 3:00pm

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 6:04pm
Rozena....

I just bought a rubber named Rozena,
And suddenly my game
Will never be the same
For me (or my opponents).

Rozena....

I just played a match with Rozena
And suddenly did discover
How beautiful a rubber
Could beeeeeeee!

Rozena....

Play it loud and it's always loop killing,
Play it soft and it's equally thrilling...

Rozena....

I'll never stop playing Rozena!

The most beautiful sound in the whole world---

Ro-zeeee-nnnnn-aaaaa (pianissimo)

-------------
bmann1942

Posted By: JediJesseS
Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 6:08pm

Posted By: Kolev
Date Posted: 04/28/2017 at 7:40pm
"Meet you all the way, meet you all the way, Rozena, yeah "

C'mon everybody sing along

"Meet you all the way....."

-------------
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Posted By: kurokami
Date Posted: 04/29/2017 at 8:43pm
@NextLevel I'm pretty sure it had some influence on the naming. we already have blue and green sponges. this was the next obvious choice in RGB. Also pretty sure JP intended it to be "Rozen A" not Rozena (like Wave Drive A) but it got lost in transliteration. next, we may have neon colored sponges or multicolored

-------------
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami

Posted By: manyaku88
Date Posted: 05/01/2017 at 3:03am
I bought a Rozena last week, got like 1h of play.

To me it seems like a lower throw 05. With less spin. Also looks like a thicker topsheet.
I would recommend this to players who find 05 a bit high throw on the FH. Or want something like a slower T80. Not by much though.

I personally did not like it on the x5, will try it on a more flexible blade where I find 05 too bouncy and high throw.

Weighed the whole package, 94 gr.

-------------
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2

Date Posted: 05/01/2017 at 6:01am
Japaneses commercial said it name after the color Rose color sponge.

We definitely should ask nittaku how they name the product.

-------------

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 05/01/2017 at 8:16am

Only after Yasaka:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=2858" rel="nofollow - http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=2858

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Posted By: Believer
Date Posted: 05/01/2017 at 10:10am
Guys, told you my EJ budget is blown away...:(

So I got a sheet last week and tried it with a robot this weekend.

I have Evo EL-P (a few months old) on the other side and this is just based on one quick robot session...

Overall, Rozena plays very much like Evo EL-P.  It does not have the hard feel like MX-P.  So IMO, Rozena is closer to Evo EL-P than MX-P.  Also, when you examine the rubber, the top sheet looks very much like Tenergy.  I didn't pay attention to the thickness of it.  But it looks like a Tenergy topsheet.  Since I was quite excited to try it, I completely forgot to weight it even though I asked the question earlier... LOL.

In comparing EL-P, here it is:

Spin: EL-P = Rozena

On service, both rubbers generate about the same spin.  Rozena can generate good spin like you expect from a Tenergy rubber.

On short push, the ball spin seems a bit weak.  So the "bite" on the ball is a bit less than Tenergy, but in par with EL-P

Lifting Backspin shots is not as easy as I expected for bigger drive loop.  But for short spinny loop, it is much easier. So perhaps the sponge is a bit too firm and the top sheet does not have enough bite to pickup the ball for bigger stroke at times.  Or it can just be my poor technique...:(

Rozena is also not very sensitive to incoming spin in general.

Throw: Rozena > EL-P

Rozena clearly has a higher throw than EL-P, very much like Tenergy 05 high throw. So to me, this suits the FH side because I like a higher throw on FH.
This also makes service receive quite easier for those short push of Backspin serve over the net short.

Speed: Rozena = EL-P

The rebound from incoming balls are pretty much the same between the two rubbers.  When I hit the ball, the Rozena does have a louder sound than EL-P. But overall, the speed on the two rubbers are similar.  Granted, I don't have the space to test any long distance shots.  Some one can do this test from the club play.

All in all, I didn't have to change much on the strokes to adjust between the two rubbers except the higher throw from Rozena on timing.  The blade that I have is Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition.  So this is a Clipper clone blade with some flex to it and a bit high throw.

I think that Rozena is definitely a tamed Tenergy that has some of the Tenergy characteristics with lesser spin and speed.  The rubber does have a higher tolerance and it is very easy to play with.  But there are other rubbers that have the similar characteristics.  So this may be a good one if someone wants to stay with Butterfly brand and enjoy some of the Tenergy traits with a lower price.

Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Only after Yasaka:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=2858" rel="nofollow - http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=2858

Faluska, WHAT !!! ?

-------------

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 10:15am
Spent 3 hours with a red Rozena so far.  As others have said, it's pretty much a subtle variation on Tenergy as opposed to something halfway between T05 and Bryce, or Roundell, or whatever.  It has the spring sponge character of the Tenergy line with some adjustments, in a similar way to how Spinart adopts some family traits while being its own tacky thing.

Believer has a good comparison with EL-P really - they're similar types of rubber in terms of use.  I'd give Rozena the edge in spin (and throw), and EL-P feels faster/bouncier to me.

Compared to T05, Rozena...

...less low-end catapult
...reduced spin sensitivity
...slightly harder to produce spin
...bit softer
...slightly lower throw (but still high)

It's also surprisingly loud on flat hits, which was a nice surprise for a rubber that isn't particularly soft-sponged.

Rozena has a very easy-going short game, much better than any of the Tenergy line.  I'd say that was the biggest advantage you get with it, while sacrificing some spin from half-hearted strokes.  I'd personally choose it over any Tenergy, and it's cheaper too.

The comparison with something like Karis is another one worth making - both are going for the no-nonsense, good performance without being demanding market.  Rozena is pretty laid-back in the short game and still has good top-end catapult, and I'd say this maps well to how Karis behaves too in terms of linearity.  But Rozena has better spin capabilities than Karis, and throws higher.  In contrast, Karis plays laser sharp with ridiculous precision, and Rozena needs more care with bat angles and attention to the quality of the incoming ball when the rally is opened up.

I'd say it's like T05 but with 10% less sponge hardness, speed, catapult (all from the low gears), spin.  For me, this makes it a better rubber for my level of play and needs, but I'd advise existing Tenergy users to be wary of the trade-off being made here - you might miss the features Rozena has toned-down.

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Date Posted: 05/03/2017 at 8:50pm
i guess i will have to try it for myself

-------------

Date Posted: 05/03/2017 at 9:32pm
A more expensive Andro Hexer.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 3:44am

In the same way that T05 is an even more expensive Andro Hexer, yes.

-------------

Posted By: t64t64t64
Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 4:56am
and friendship 729  is cheaper Andro Hexer :D

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 5:13am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

and friendship 729  is cheaper Andro Hexer :D

Rubber relativism is fun.

I had another session with Rozena last night.  When butterfly first announced it I did wonder about how it was being pitched and what the end result would be.  If it really is a toned-down tenergy, doesn't that put it squarely in the sights of some ESN rubbers which are cheaper anyway?  Well, yes and no I suppose.  The main thing is that Rozena retains the Tenergy wibbly-wobbly feel for the most part, and no other rubber series has ever got close to that.  Plus it has that super-nice loop feel with surprising spin levels.  

After using it a little more I think it has more high-end catapult than I originally thought, but it definitely has a noticeable short-game advantage over tenergy.  And it sounds great on hard hits if that floats your boat.  So if you want a slightly more inert (and cheaper) tenergy experience then it's worth a stab.  I wouldn't call it a beginner's rubber - it has much better performance than Roundell or Sriver G3 for example.  But I do miss the sharper and more direct feel of my usual ESN fare.

If it's Butterfly's gateway drug then Rozena is the ketamine to Tenergy's blue sky crystal meth.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 6:43am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Nah, 05 has much more arc and is jumpier.   Obviously, Hexer doesn't have a spring sponge feel, but I wouldn't be surprised if the playing characteristics were pretty similar.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 8:53am

Nah, 05 has much more arc and is jumpier.   Obviously, Hexer doesn't have a spring sponge feel, but I wouldn't be surprised if the playing characteristics were pretty similar.

That was my point.  They feel very different, and you might be surprised by how different Rozena feels in comparison with something like Hexer.  Rozena is far more like Tenergy than anything else.  If you were prepared to call the playing properties close to Hexer, you're basically throwing all medium-hard rubbers with good spin and medium-high arc into the same bucket.  This is casting the net quite wide, and could well be true (why nitpick over a few small details when describing rubbers after all - hardly the most important thing to concentrate on in the game), but would give me less to talk about so I don't like it.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 9:08am

That was my point.  They feel very different, and you might be surprised by how different Rozena feels in comparison with something like Hexer.  Rozena is far more like Tenergy than anything else.  If you were prepared to call the playing properties close to Hexer, you're basically throwing all medium-hard rubbers with good spin and medium-high arc into the same bucket.  This is casting the net quite wide, and could well be true (why nitpick over a few small details when describing rubbers after all - hardly the most important thing to concentrate on in the game), but would give me less to talk about so I don't like it.

I don't think this is true at all, but I will defer to your expertise at this time.  Hexer has very specific properties that I think have gotten better with the plastic ball.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 9:18am

I don't think this is true at all, but I will defer to your expertise at this time.  Hexer has very specific properties that I think have gotten better with the plastic ball.

I'm sure you'll get to try a sheet of Rozena out at some point in the near future.  Always interesting to find out what you think.

Regardless of how it feels, or plays, Rozena still struggles to justify the price tag when compared to everything else out there IMO, but it will find its market I'm sure.

-------------

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 9:36am
Butterfly justifying a price? 😂

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 9:48am

I'm sure you'll get to try a sheet of Rozena out at some point in the near future.

Wait, wut? I'm confused.

Is NL going back and forth arguing about what Rozena is like without having tried out the rubber?

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I'm sure you'll get to try a sheet of Rozena out at some point in the near future.

Wait, wut? I'm confused.

Is NL going back and forth arguing about what Rozena is like without having tried out the rubber?

About what Hexer is like.  And I used Hexer for 3 months in tournament play.  And Andy compared Hexer to Tenergy 05, which I have used much more.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:16am

About what Hexer is like.  And I used Hexer for 3 months in tournament play.  And Andy compared Hexer to Tenergy 05, which I have used much more.

I'm not sure if you got what I was saying.

Meaning that it isn't.  Neither are.  Both statements are wrong in the same way.  That kind of thing.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:34am
I didn't get that, no.  Too subtle for me.  Thanks for clarifying.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:35am

I didn't get that, no.  Too subtle for me.  Thanks for clarifying.

It was amazing in my own head.  I need to get out more.

-------------

Posted By: hidasjoki
Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 5:20pm
It wasn't too subtle.....

-------------
<3

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 5:46pm
I saw a Hexer user in my league beat a former US Champion. I think that must have messed up my estimation of Hexer.   I probably think Hexer has a red sponge too.

Tenaji 0H.

Hexena...

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 05/08/2017 at 6:27pm
I won't lie - I really didn't want to like Rozena.  I try new things out of pure curiosity and never expect much from the experience apart from...experience.  But Rozena is a charming rubber, and I struggle to find much to fault with it.  Another 3 hour session today with it and it's grown on me a bit more.

I find that the slightly inert low gear gives way to the high-end catapult a bit suddenly sometimes, but beyond that, it's pretty lovely.  It has that gummy tenergy feel that perhaps lacks a little directness as well.  But the main thing that stands out for me is that it sorts out the majority of the quibbles I have with something like T05 while making only minor sacrifices of things I need at my level.  It still isn't cheap, but it is cheaper, and if the durability holds up then the slight premium over ESN prices might level it all out anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 2:26pm
Give photos to the world!!!

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74157&title=feedback-strataras" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 4:53pm
Alrighty.

Quick stack, from the top - Rozena, Goldarc 5, Rasanter R42, Rasanter V42.

I'll try to get some cut-offs of some tenergy in the near future.  That would be a far more interesting comparison.

And here is the Rose Lady with a mystery blade.  What could it be?

-------------

Posted By: vajica
Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 7:38pm

I won't lie - I really didn't want to like Rozena.  I try new things out of pure curiosity and never expect much from the experience apart from...experience.  But Rozena is a charming rubber, and I struggle to find much to fault with it.  Another 3 hour session today with it and it's grown on me a bit more.

I find that the slightly inert low gear gives way to the high-end catapult a bit suddenly sometimes, but beyond that, it's pretty lovely.  It has that gummy tenergy feel that perhaps lacks a little directness as well.  But the main thing that stands out for me is that it sorts out the majority of the quibbles I have with something like T05 while making only minor sacrifices of things I need at my level.  It still isn't cheap, but it is cheaper, and if the durability holds up then the slight premium over ESN prices might level it all out anyway.

Andy, I am boring you again with my everlasting quest, replacing Adidas P7 on my FH Embarrassed

I am currently playing with 05FX 2.1, it checks almost all the boxes on Hadraw SK blade (short, spinny serve, lots of rotation on well executed loops), the only exception being it is less forgiving when I try to do a slow save shot when out of position, makes me lose quite a few points on a days when the feet are not working properly.

If you played with 05fx, please tell your opinion, should I stick with it, or try Rosena (2.1? )?
Thanks!!!!!

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72955&title=feedback-vajica" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72955&title=feedback-vajica

Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 7:45pm
found it to be too soft for my taste...maybe 1.9 mm will feel harder

-------------

Posted By: PringlesRingles
Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 8:19pm
Viscaria light?

Posted By: kuifje
Date Posted: 05/11/2017 at 3:30am
Could anyone compare Rozena to Rasanter and/or EL-S?

Date Posted: 05/11/2017 at 4:01am
Originally posted by vajica vajica wrote:

Andy, I am boring you again with my everlasting quest, replacing Adidas P7 on my FH Embarrassed

I am currently playing with 05FX 2.1, it checks almost all the boxes on Hadraw SK blade (short, spinny serve, lots of rotation on well executed loops), the only exception being it is less forgiving when I try to do a slow save shot when out of position, makes me lose quite a few points on a days when the feet are not working properly.

If you played with 05fx, please tell your opinion, should I stick with it, or try Rosena (2.1? )?
Thanks!!!!!

Even though I like soft sponges in general, I never really liked 05FX.  It was just too flyaway and catapulty for me - found it hard to use in comparison with soft ESN or even the other FX tenergys.

That said, it's hard for me to give a good answer to your question mate - I don't know enough about what you're doing in those situations.  All I can say is that I find Rozena to be much more predictable and sensible in the low gears in general, and I would expect that to be the case in comparison with something like 05FX, yes.  But you would be giving up the early catapult and bounciness of 05FX if you made the switch, and you might not like that!  I'm using Rozena on the BH side on the whole, but I did find it good on the FH side when I tried it there too.  It's less wild than 05FX, but maybe you need that wildness.

Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

found it to be too soft for my taste...maybe 1.9 mm will feel harder

Possibly, but I'm not sure it will be enough of a difference for you.  It's definitely softer than regular tenergy sponge hardness, and not everyone will like that.  The arc also flattens out more than you might expect on harder, direct hits for a medium density sponge.

Originally posted by PringlesRingles PringlesRingles wrote:

Viscaria light?

Nope, but the handle is close to that isn't it?  It isn't Butterfly.

Originally posted by kuifje kuifje wrote:

Could anyone compare Rozena to Rasanter and/or EL-S?

EL-S is the closer of the two.  Rozena has better spin in the lower gears (and is slower there too) and higher arc than EL-S.  Both have reasonable catapult on harder hits with EL-S being a bit faster at the top end.

Rasanter is a different beast really, although I suppose it depends on which version you want to compare.  R47 is harder in sponge and topsheet, faster pretty much everywhere, is more linear, more demanding, similar arc on harder hits, more direct feel.

-------------

Posted By: vajica
Date Posted: 05/11/2017 at 5:05am

Even though I like soft sponges in general, I never really liked 05FX.  It was just too flyaway and catapulty for me - found it hard to use in comparison with soft ESN or even the other FX tenergys.

That said, it's hard for me to give a good answer to your question mate - I don't know enough about what you're doing in those situations.  All I can say is that I find Rozena to be much more predictable and sensible in the low gears in general, and I would expect that to be the case in comparison with something like 05FX, yes.  But you would be giving up the early catapult and bounciness of 05FX if you made the switch, and you might not like that!  I'm using Rozena on the BH side on the whole, but I did find it good on the FH side when I tried it there too.  It's less wild than 05FX, but maybe you need that wildness.

That says a lot, thanks!

I hated 05FX when I tried it on some ALC blades (TB ALC, I ALC), but on this soft-ish 7ply Off- Hadraw blade it is much tamer than I would ever thought it'd be.
I actually saw the blade of German 2. Bundesliga Player Thomas Brosig playing Hadraw SK with 05fx on both sides, that's why I glued it on fh to try.

About my 'save' moves, I usually try to fish balls as low as possible with lots of top/side spin, in order to get back in position and keep with looping rally whenever I can, I literally never chop on FH side.

That's why some liveliness comes handy if I can get good spin from the wrist only - that messes the opponent's timing a lot.
But I highly doubt that Rozena is a dead rubber, could be close enough to what I have now with just a little more feeling. I am just afraid that it would be a bit too hard after P7 and 05FX...

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72955&title=feedback-vajica" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72955&title=feedback-vajica

Date Posted: 05/11/2017 at 7:15am
Originally posted by vajica vajica wrote:

About my 'save' moves, I usually try to fish balls as low as possible with lots of top/side spin, in order to get back in position and keep with looping rally whenever I can, I literally never chop on FH side.

That's why some liveliness comes handy if I can get good spin from the wrist only - that messes the opponent's timing a lot.
But I highly doubt that Rozena is a dead rubber, could be close enough to what I have now with just a little more feeling. I am just afraid that it would be a bit too hard after P7 and 05FX...

When I'm on the run and desperate, I tend to chop on the BH side and fish on the FH side.  Not sure why - it just works better for me that way.  Rozena actually chops quite well in this kind of situation, but it does need a bit of effort - it doesn't feel as sharp as ESN, or as immediately bouncy as the FX sponges.  It's only dead-er-er in the passive game - the spin is surprisingly excellent as soon as you work the ball in any way.

And effort is the key - it needs a bit more "whatever" to get the job done - wrist in your case I guess.  Although it does feel harder than 05FX, it's a bit softer than P7 IMO, so I don't think that will be a problem as such for you.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/13/2017 at 12:54pm
Andy thank you a lot for the pictures. The blade has viscaria light handle cups and I think it is a dhs arylate-carbon?!

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Date Posted: 05/13/2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Andy thank you a lot for the pictures. The blade has viscaria light handle cups and I think it is a dhs arylate-carbon?!

It's a bit of an unfair tease by me really.  It's yet to be released.

-------------

Posted By: hidasjoki
Date Posted: 05/13/2017 at 3:50pm
Rozena is amazing on an ITC XC blade. Had a chance to hit with it a week ago and it really played excellent from mid distance. The spin surprised me as well. 

-------------
<3

Posted By: Skyline
Date Posted: 05/13/2017 at 5:41pm
just got a sheet of rozena today. I tested it briefly on a mazunov. First impressions are good will report back later.

Date Posted: 05/14/2017 at 12:12pm

Can't wait to see the answer of the mysterious blade. As the handle cups regards, I think I am "in" 101%, but about the blade....hmmmvery difficult to say...I will insist on a DHS arylate carbon.

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Posted By: Victor_the_cleaner
Date Posted: 05/14/2017 at 10:54pm
i got a chance to hit with it on someone else's blade (Korbel). Feels like a tenergy variation. The differences are too subtle and not worth arguing. It is very good rubber. I would say I agree that it is easier to play than any of the tenergies. Not faster, not spinier, but easier to play, if that makes sense. It is like retaining the liveliness of the one and only tenergy sponge, but using the more normal and linear trajectory of Rhyzm. I would probably replace my Rhyzm with it if they were same price. But Rhyzm is $30 shipped, and this is quite more than that, and i don't expect to find deals on it even on black friday. 

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

i got a chance to hit with it on someone else's blade (Korbel). Feels like a tenergy variation. The differences are too subtle and not worth arguing. It is very good rubber. I would say I agree that it is easier to play than any of the tenergies. Not faster, not spinier, but easier to play, if that makes sense. It is like retaining the liveliness of the one and only tenergy sponge, but using the more normal and linear trajectory of Rhyzm. I would probably replace my Rhyzm with it if they were same price. But Rhyzm is $30 shipped, and this is quite more than that, and i don't expect to find deals on it even on black friday. 

loopin with rokzena doesnt have the same kick as tenergy just a normal bounce lower arc

Date Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:09am
All the ESN made brand tryed to compete with tenergy boosting the rubbers more and more to get extra kick for 40-45 euro per piece.
Now butterfly is trying to compete with ESN rubber (especially concerning the price) by introducing Rozena.
Life is very funny

Posted By: mycuzinvinny
Date Posted: 05/16/2017 at 9:45am
Will be using Rozena 2.1 tonight on FH/BH with my Donic Epox Offensive and give my impressions later.  I normally use 05FX on both sides...

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)

Date Posted: 05/16/2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by mycuzinvinny mycuzinvinny wrote:

Will be using Rozena 2.1 tonight on FH/BH with my Donic Epox Offensive and give my impressions later.  I normally use 05FX on both sides...

This will be an interesting comparison.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 3:58pm

Can't wait to see the answer of the mysterious blade. As the handle cups regards, I think I am "in" 101%, but about the blade....hmmmvery difficult to say...I will insist on a DHS arylate carbon.

Unfair mystery blade reveal:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79121&PID=979640&#979640" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79121&PID=979640&#979640

-------------

Posted By: CraneStyle
Date Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:47pm

-------------
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 05/20/2017 at 1:17am
at 4:05 he uses the word "linear" in a simple way: I understand "what you put in is what you put out" when I hear "linear" about a rubber; by opposition to a rubber that kicks more than proportionally (exponentially) as we put more into it. He used it to describe the arc that is less pronounced no matter the input and there is nothing wrong about that.
that guy gives the best videos reviews out there!

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 05/21/2017 at 11:04am

Unfair mystery blade reveal:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79121&PID=979640&#979640" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79121&PID=979640󯊸

OMG Andy you dirty and bad boy... I wouldn't think of that blade even if you'd let me think 3 days.

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net