Print Page | Close Window

U S Nationals 2017

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: JimT
Assistant Moderators: mmerkel

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78973
Printed Date: 06/23/2018 at 11:30pm

Topic: U S Nationals 2017
Posted By: LUCKYLOOP
Subject: U S Nationals 2017
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 1:47am

Las Vegas NV July 3-8

Current 93 Entries

Projected 800-1000

http://register.usatt.org/tournaments/listentries.php" rel="nofollow - Link

-------------
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Replies:
Posted By: heavyspin
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 12:26pm
I haven't entered yet, but plan to. Searching for an overbooked United flight.

Posted By: Vince64
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 12:41pm
Got the room booked for the week. Waiting to enter. Am planning on doing the team event on Saturday but as of right now with 93 entry's still no one entered in the Adult team event.

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline

Posted By: LOG1C1AN
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 3:23pm
I signed up for the 2700 and 3700 Doubles.

Am I doing it right?

-------------
Nittaku Fastarc G1 B 2.0 - FH
Donic Ovt Carbospeed FL
Nittaku Fastarc C1 R 2.0 - BH

Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

I signed up for the 2700 and 3700 Doubles.

Am I doing it right?
there is no 2700 and 3700 doubles at this years Nationals.

-------------

Posted By: fatt
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I haven't entered yet, but plan to. Searching for an overbooked Untied flight.
not sure whether or not you made the typo on purpose but the untied website exists: http://untied.com" rel="nofollow - http://untied.com

-------------

Posted By: berndt_mann
Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

not sure whether or not you made the typo on purpose but the untied website exists: http://untied.com" rel="nofollow - http://untied.com

Not only that, heavy, you can go to their new website overbookedunitedflightstovegasfromwhereveryouare.com, and a United Airlines representative will be happy to tell you which flights to Vegas are likely to be overbooked around Nationals time, how many security guards will be on the plane (they better be bodaciously big dudes), and once you're dragged off the plane, how to settle with United for an undisclosed sum of money, which will probably be considerably more than ten grand.

-------------
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber

Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 4:24pm

It was a typo

Date Posted: 05/02/2017 at 4:33pm
They are going to have their hands full dragging heavyspin off.

-------------
Donic Ovt Carbospeed FL

Posted By: mycuzinvinny
Date Posted: 05/03/2017 at 1:01pm
Will be signing up this week, most likely U1700, 1800, 1900, Super 2200, 2000, etc., oh, and maybe a hardbat.

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 05/03/2017 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by mycuzinvinny mycuzinvinny wrote:

Will be signing up this week, most likely U1700, 1800, 1900, Super 2200, 2000, etc., oh, and maybe a hardbat.

See you in the finals of the U1900 and up.  We should be able to take out Vince and heavyspin in the 2200's.
LOL

Date Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:53pm

Entries History - Ave per yr 716

2016 748
2015 771
2014 762
2013 716
2012 781
2011 553
2010 743
2009 651

-------------

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Las Vegas NV July 3-8

Current 93 Entries

Projected 800-1000

is liu nahui or zheng jiaqui playing? what pips are they using?

Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 1:40am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Las Vegas NV July 3-8

Current 93 Entries

Projected 800-1000

Neither entered yet

Nai Hui Liu last active in tournaments 2011 4H short pips BH inverted serves using inverted

Jiaqi Zheng    http://blog.paddlepalace.com/2015/12/diagram-of-a-champion-jiaqi-zheng/" rel="nofollow - Equipment

-------------

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 10:10am

Las Vegas NV July 3-8

Current 93 Entries

Projected 800-1000

Neither entered yet

Nai Hui Liu last active in tournaments 2011 4H short pips BH inverted serves using inverted

Jiaqi Zheng    http://blog.paddlepalace.com/2015/12/diagram-of-a-champion-jiaqi-zheng/" rel="nofollow - Equipment

thanks for the link but that post is kinda old I need to know what are using the high ranked short pips players lately maybe not as good as zheng but any 2300 or higher rated player

Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 10:54am

Las Vegas NV July 3-8

Current 93 Entries

Projected 800-1000

Neither entered yet

thanks for the link but that post is kinda old I need to know what are using the high ranked short pips players lately maybe not as good as zheng but any 2300 or higher rated player

Off Topic here ---- start a new thread

-------------

Posted By: Re1Mu2R3
Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 11:00am
Back on topic: 

Here we have another tourney for Ma Long to win (Ma Long wins by default even if he doesn't participate.)

-------------
How to play Table Tennis:
#1. Be Chinese (Ethnicity)
#2. Be Chinese(Citizenship)
#3. BE CHINESE(In Heart, Mind and Spirit)
#4: Get a Chinese Coach
#5. Get a Chinese Forehand Rubber (Black)

Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 8:52pm
Let's actually get back in topic. 114 entry's and only 2 people ( boys teams) signed up for the team events on Saturday so far. No one signed up for the Adult teams or girls team yet

-------------

Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Let's actually get back in topic. 114 entry's and only 2 people ( boys teams) signed up for the team events on Saturday so far. No one signed up for the Adult teams or girls team yet

If you were to sign up for the team event, all your fans would also sign up.  Both of them. LOL

Date Posted: 05/05/2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

If you were to sign up for the team event, all your fans would also sign up.  Both of them. LOL
John and I are going to sign up. There has to be at least 16 teams for the event to happen.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/06/2017 at 12:26am
Is that 16 teams in each division?

Date Posted: 05/06/2017 at 12:31am

Is that 16 teams in each division?
I was just told 16 teams, which I would assume would equal 2 divisions

-------------

Posted By: rosecitytt
Date Posted: 05/06/2017 at 10:51pm
Can Anyone please tell me, if you have experience.
If we go ahead and register, we need to pay full registration fee and player lounge fee.
But when I go to LINQ blocked room reservation, it says one room get one free event, and half price
($50/2=$25) player lounge fee, so will they refund my Nationals registration later?
Should I go ahead register at full price and pay for the room?

-------------
Darker Speed OEM 10mm Jpen
FH:Beijing Swords
RPB:Tenergy 05 2.1

Date Posted: 05/07/2017 at 1:26am
Originally posted by rosecitytt rosecitytt wrote:

Can Anyone please tell me, if you have experience.
If we go ahead and register, we need to pay full registration fee and player lounge fee.
But when I go to LINQ blocked room reservation, it says one room get one free event, and half price
($50/2=$25) player lounge fee, so will they refund my Nationals registration later?
Should I go ahead register at full price and pay for the room?

I think you pay the full fee then get the refund.  Someone else will probably know more than I do.

Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 4:17am

Presently 160 entries

Last day registration May 31

-------------

Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 1:28pm
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I was disappointed to discover yesterday that the two remaining Doubles events, 4200 and 3200, start at the same time Friday morning. I would not play in the 4200 because I'm not good enough for that event, but my partner for 3200 is. As a result he is only able to play one doubles event rather than both, and I now have zero doubles events to play since 2700 was dropped and I am scrambling to find a 3200 partner.

It seems to me that doubles players were given virtually no consideration in this Nationals. It's difficult to understand why.

-------------
Donic Ovt Carbospeed FL

Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I was disappointed to discover yesterday that the two remaining Doubles events, 4200 and 3200, start at the same time Friday morning. I would not play in the 4200 because I'm not good enough for that event, but my partner for 3200 is. As a result he is only able to play one doubles event rather than both, and I now have zero doubles events to play since 2700 was dropped and I am scrambling to find a 3200 partner.

It seems to me that doubles players were given virtually no consideration in this Nationals. It's difficult to understand why.

Two reasons why the doubles were eliminated.

1.  They wanted to add the team events on Saturday.  To make it work they had to eliminate some events.  Doubles took the hit this year.  I expect to see all the doubles back next year.

2.  Since there are 4 players in doubles the amount of conflicts are also doubled.  I always seemed to have conflicts with my doubles events.  Conflicts cause delays in many events.

Posted By: Gordy
Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 6:38pm
If anyone is looking for a partner for the teams event, please let me know. I have a friend from Colorado (rated around 1200) who is looking for someone to partner with in the event.

FYI - the registration/entry website has a glitch in it and we have a number of teams (don't have the exact number right now) entered in the teams event. We are trying to figure out why it is not showing - our registration team is working on this. 

As it relates to doubles, if you love to play doubles (which I do), I would suggest the team event as an alternative to the 2700/3700 that we are not having at this year's Nationals. You are guaranteed more matches (round robin groups of 4 means that you will get at least three doubles matches in)...hopefully people enjoy the team event!

-------------
JOOLA Aruna OFF / T-05 / RHZYM TECH

Posted By: emihet
Date Posted: 05/10/2017 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

If anyone is looking for a partner for the teams event, please let me know. I have a friend from Colorado (rated around 1200) who is looking for someone to partner with in the event.

FYI - the registration/entry website has a glitch in it and we have a number of teams (don't have the exact number right now) entered in the teams event. We are trying to figure out why it is not showing - our registration team is working on this. 

As it relates to doubles, if you love to play doubles (which I do), I would suggest the team event as an alternative to the 2700/3700 that we are not having at this year's Nationals. You are guaranteed more matches (round robin groups of 4 means that you will get at least three doubles matches in)...hopefully people enjoy the team event!
yes i think that the idea was for the double players to play in the team event since they will play at least 3 doubles there so that is the reason for taking down 2 double events and putting the other two at the same starting time clear and simple

-------------
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,

Date Posted: 05/11/2017 at 10:20pm

Presently 186 entries - Projected 800+

Registration deadline May 31

-------------

Date Posted: 05/15/2017 at 3:41am

Presently 254 entries - Projected 800+

AK & HI already represented

Registration Deadline May 31

-------------

Date Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:36am
Signed up and ready to play mts888 in all the finals!

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 7:06am

Presently 345 entries - Projected 800+

Registration Deadline May 31

-------------

Posted By: danseemiller
Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 10:44am
I think it will come up short of the 800. My guess 720.

-------------
DS

Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

I think it will come up short of the 800. My guess 720.

I think you are correct, although I'm always surprised at the number of last minute entries.

I'm wondering what the 2018 will look like with the World Veterans Games 2 weeks before the Nationals.  Since both are in Las Vegas I am going to have to decide which one to go to.   I'm leaning toward the Nationals because of the extra events I can enter. 

Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 4:56pm
Boy Mike, that is a toughie.  At the World Vets' you're guaranteed at least three matches in the Championship and Consolation round robins plus you get to play against every style from steady Asian classic penhold topspinners to cagey Euro twiddlers who chop with long pips on their forehand side, have nasty angled pushes and sudden backhand attacks as quick as a desert thunderstorm.  It's ironic that now that I don't play competitively this particular World Vets' is just a 410 mile plane ride from Tucson.

OTOH, at the Nats you can enter any event for which you are eligible and as many events as your pocketbook can afford.  You just have to go with what your table tennis heart tells you on this one.

-------------
bmann1942

Posted By: danseemiller
Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:32pm
Guarantee of 8 matches at the World Vets if you have a doubles partner. 4 singles and 4 doubles.

-------------
DS

Posted By: emihet
Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:41pm

Guarantee of 8 matches at the World Vets if you have a doubles partner. 4 singles and 4 doubles.

that is nice...i know many people are looking forward to the event

-------------
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,

Date Posted: 05/17/2017 at 7:04pm

Exactly, Dan.  Though it's been a mere 15 years since I last played in a World Vets' (in Lucerne, Switzerland) I in a moment of brain freeze forgot about the doubles. 

Let's see now.  As I recall, I hope correctly, the Championship round robin consists of four players.  Thus you play three players in the Championship round.  If you finish first (which I never did), you get to go to the next Championship round, which is single elimination.

The same goes for the Consolation round.  If you finish first in Consolation singles, the next rounds are single elimination.
If I recall correctly, and maybe I don't as my once razor sharp brain has turned into a neurological train wreck, the doubles goes under the same procedure.

If I'm wrong, which does occasionally happen, would you be so kind as to straighten out the World Vets' procedure for mts288, should he change his mind and to decide to attend it instead of the Nationals. 

At any rate, the World Vets', and I played in six of them, is well organized, with a day off in the middle of the week to go on an excursion which is not too expensive plus you get to meet and play against different styles from all over the world and learn to count to 21 (now to 11) in a number of languages.

One thing that does surprise me though, for those of us over 75 and in particular those around 80-85.  No separate hardbat event.  Curses.  If the World Vets' had seen fit to have a HB event, I might actually have gotten out of the first Championship round. 

Oh well.

-------------
bmann1942

Date Posted: 05/18/2017 at 6:35pm

Presently 449 entries - Projected 800+

Early Registration Deadline Friday May 19

Final Registration Deadline May 31

-------------

Posted By: benfb
Date Posted: 05/19/2017 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Hi Gordon,

I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but I ran into a problem with the Adult Team Day event and I thought you might be able to help.  I'm posting this here in case anyone else runs into this.

I registered to play in that team event (since, as you say, we are now missing the U2700/3700 doubles) with a local friend of mine as a teammate.  My friend is Serbian, meaning he's not a US citizen.  When he went to register, Jon Taylor told him that US citizenship is required for this event.  This, of course, means I've got no teammate and my fiend misses this event (after I talked him into it!).

My objection is two-fold: first, I can't find anywhere in the materials for the Adult Team Day event that says it's restricted on citizenship.  How can you add a restriction without publishing it first?  Second, there is no purpose in making this restriction, since it's really supposed to be a replacement for lost doubles event.

I exchanged a couples of emails with Jon and he stated that "it's like the junior teams".  But that doesn't make any sense: the junior teams is about qualifying to join the junior teams that represent the US.  Our event is about playing as part of a personal team (friends, clubmates, whatever) in an event that has no particular significance beyond the Nationals tournament.

Can you explain this to me?  Or, better yet, get a more sensible ruling on this?  And quickly?  Clearly, staying or not staying for a Saturday even effects my flight and hotel plans (and that of my friend). 

Thanks.

Date Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:26pm
Ben -

Thanks for pointing this out. 

NON-US CITIZENS MAY ENTER THE ADULT TEAM EVENT! The on-line entry system has been fixed!

Sorry about the confusion, all...

Also, as an FYI (for those who are interested)...the junior team events on Saturday have nothing to do with qualifying for our National Teams. Those events all start on Monday.

Again, I apologize for the miscommunication. I hope to see LOTS of people playing in the TEAMS event!

-------------

Date Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:30pm
[QUOTE=Gordy]

Late fee starts tomorrow for you!  You can't win if you don't enter.

Date Posted: 05/20/2017 at 4:31am
Presently 621 entries - Projected 800+

39 states represented

-------------

Date Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:25am
Presently 644 entries - Projected 800+

40 states represented

Can you guess the states not represented ?

Can you guess the final # of entries ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05/23/2017 at 9:06am
My guess is 745.

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Posted By: Odie
Date Posted: 05/23/2017 at 8:29pm
Maine, Vermont, West Virgina not repped.

812 total entries.

Date Posted: 05/23/2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

Maine, Vermont, West Virgina not repped.
812 total entries.

Maine is represented

-------------

Posted By: Odie
Date Posted: 05/23/2017 at 10:12pm
It was a guess.

Date Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:12am
Where are you getting 812?  I only see 656 as of this morning   (There are currently 656 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV.)

And don't get me wrong, I would love for the number to be super high, I care less about the guess...

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:18am

Where are you getting 812?  I only see 656 as of this morning   (There are currently 656 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV.)

And don't get me wrong, I would love for the number to be super high, I care less about the guess...

Same place where you got 745 from. LOL It is Odie's guess in response to LUCKYLOOP's post. 

-------------
USATT: 1700
Sword 309 - T05fx(1.9) - Dornenglanz OX

Date Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:21am
LOL, I guess so Wacko

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 1:53pm
I may have missed it, but which playing hall is being used? 

Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Not sure, call their toll free number to find out.

-------------

Posted By: acong
Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 6:58pm
QQ: My rating is updated since registration. Which will be used in seeding? The updated one or the one at registration time?

Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by acong acong wrote:

QQ: My rating is updated since registration. Which will be used in seeding? The updated one or the one at registration time?

Your updated rating will be used for seeding.

Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 7:12pm

C 3 & 4

Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 7:31pm

C 3 & 4

Yes, I wrote to Gordon in the meanwhile and he was kind enough to let me know this.  These are the central halls used in most prior years.  Last December was N 3 & 4, the north halls nearest the Westgate.

Date Posted: 05/25/2017 at 11:06pm

Originally posted by acong acong wrote:

Your updated rating will be used for seeding.
Ratings from June 8th will be used for seeding purposes.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/26/2017 at 11:01pm

Presently 669 entries

Might not make 700

-------------

Date Posted: 05/31/2017 at 12:33pm
724 as of 12pmEST, last day to sign up today.

I think we will know final numbers in a week for post-processing.

Getting excited to go!

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Date Posted: 06/03/2017 at 11:19am

753 total entries

AK 2
AL 2
AR 2
AZ 7
CA 350 46%
CO 10
CT 4
DC 2
DE 1
FL 13
GA 11
HI 1
IA 1
IL 11
IN 8
KS 4
KY 2
MA 14
MD 28
ME 2
MI 6
MN 13
MO 1
MT 1
NC 7
NH 1
NJ 52
NM 6
NV 25
NY 33
OH 7
OR 9
PA 3
RI 2
SC 1
TN 1
TX 47
UT 13
VA 8
WA 24
WI 6
State unknown 12

9 States not represented ID WY ND SD NE OK MS LA WV

-------------

Date Posted: 06/03/2017 at 1:00pm
I believe the paper entries still need to be added in. A friend tried to enter the 2200 super tiered event and it wouldn't let him saying event was full though only 195 entered. Max is either 200 or 240 is my guess for that event

-------------

Date Posted: 06/14/2017 at 8:51am
website still shows:

There are currently 751 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV.

Wonder if they finished processing deadline entries.

Gonna be fun!

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Date Posted: 06/14/2017 at 11:40am
I know numbers have been published in the past, but does anyone have a table of attendance for previous recent (post 2008) Nationals and US Open?  What about historic numbers, like from the 1980s or 1990s?

Date Posted: 06/14/2017 at 12:12pm

I know numbers have been published in the past, but does anyone have a table of attendance for previous recent (post 2008) Nationals and US Open?  What about historic numbers, like from the 1980s or 1990s?

I think if you go to the tournament rating pages you can find the numbers.  The numbers do not include players who only played in hardbat or doubles events.

Date Posted: 06/14/2017 at 12:50pm

I think if you go to the tournament rating pages you can find the numbers.  The numbers do not include players who only played in hardbat or doubles events.
1994 US Open had 665. I think I know where to find numbers before 94 but I will have to wait till tonight to check when I have something more than a phone to look.

-------------

Date Posted: 06/15/2017 at 6:04pm

1994 US Open had 665. I think I know where to find numbers before 94 but I will have to wait till tonight to check when I have something more than a phone to look.
The 1991 Nationals had over 550 players. I was one of them! Lol. The 1989 Nationals (actually held in January of 1990) had no more than 300 players

-------------

Date Posted: 06/29/2017 at 10:17am
"There are currently 752 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV."

They will have the US National finals at the Silverton Casino Hotel, which is 3 miles south of the strip.  $15 general admission for USATT members, plus cab/uber fair back and forth to your hotel.  Sigh, better to have been on the strip closer to hotels along the monorail.  Unhappy

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2017/June/27/2017-SuperMicro-US-National-Championships-Final-Table-Celebration

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Date Posted: 06/29/2017 at 1:11pm

"There are currently 752 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV."

They will have the US National finals at the Silverton Casino Hotel, which is 3 miles south of the strip.  $15 general admission for USATT members, plus cab/uber fair back and forth to your hotel.  Sigh, better to have been on the strip closer to hotels along the monorail.  Unhappy

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2017/June/27/2017-SuperMicro-US-National-Championships-Final-Table-Celebration

It mentions there'll be free transportation provided from the convention center and from the LINQ.

Date Posted: 06/29/2017 at 2:12pm
Missed it, good catch.  That is much better.

-------------
Donic Epox Offensive

Posted By: wilkinru
Date Posted: 06/29/2017 at 3:39pm
I might check it out then. Much easier to get to for locals.

-------------
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted

Date Posted: 06/30/2017 at 3:06pm
Yes, there will be 28-seat passenger buses from the Convention Center and LiNQ starting at 5:30pm. Doors open at 6:15pm (there is a restaurant there that is open). We will also be providing $5 vouchers for LYFT for those that don't want to use our bus system. 

-------------

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 7:31pm
Just arrived in Vegas and although the Nationals won't begin in a couple of days, I already got my first victory -  I was able to buckle the seat belt on my flight without an extension! Should have seen the looks on the passengers and flight crew when I belted out a sequence of loud CHO's in celebration.

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 8:31pm
you must be practicing very hard!! BTW, do you know can player practice on Sunday's if we arrive Sunday?

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 8:56pm

Just arrived in Vegas and although the Nationals won't begin in a couple of days, I already got my first victory -  I was able to buckle the seat belt on my flight without an extension! Should have seen the looks on the passengers and flight crew when I belted out a sequence of loud CHO's in celebration.

I hope you won't need an extension on the way homeSmile

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 9:33pm

you must be practicing very hard!! BTW, do you know can player practice on Sunday's if we arrive Sunday?
Don't know when the venue opens for practice, but here are quick highlights from my last workout before Nationals. Note that these shadow stroke exercises may produce odd looks from others in the gym.

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 10:01pm

The venue usually opens by 4:00 on Sunday.  You should be able to register then also.  If possible don't wait until Monday morning to register.  The line can be long.

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 10:15pm

That presents a problem for me. When I walk into the playing hall I usually look for people I recognize to say "hi". How am I supposed to recognize a skinny Larry?

On the other hand,I know how much you like the buffets in Vegas. Maybe you will be back to normal buy tomorrow?

Anyway, congratulations.

Date Posted: 07/01/2017 at 10:35pm

That presents a problem for me. When I walk into the playing hall I usually look for purple I recognize to say "hi". How am I supposed to recognize a skinny Larry?

On the other hand,I know how much you like the buffets in Vegas. Maybe you will be back to normal buy tomorrow?

Anyway, congratulations.
I'm almost the same size as usual, only a slight change. The imprint from the seat belt buckle may still be on my lower abdomen on Monday.

Date Posted: 07/02/2017 at 3:36pm
Does anybody know if the hall opens at 3:00 or 4:00 today? I recall 3:00 in December.

Date Posted: 07/02/2017 at 3:51pm

Does anybody know if the hall opens at 3:00 or 4:00 today? I recall 3:00 in December.
Think its 3pm. I'm less than a hour away. About 35 miles to go.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/02/2017 at 4:55pm

Think its 3pm. I'm less than a hour away. About 35 miles to go.

Can you pick me up? I hiked a couple of miles to a grocery store and I don't want too walk back in the heart.

Date Posted: 07/03/2017 at 10:50pm

All Trophy & Ratings Mongers keep us updated on your daily progress !

-------------

Date Posted: 07/04/2017 at 11:04am
Heavyspin: are you playing this morning, maybe i can come say hi

Date Posted: 07/04/2017 at 11:42am

Heavyspin: are you playing this morning, maybe i can come say hi
He will be on table 72 starting at 9:45am for 2200 singles.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/04/2017 at 5:40pm
Congrats to Vince64 who took down Adrian Fu, 2170 and took 1st place in the U2200 RR Clap

-------------

Posted By: mjamja
Date Posted: 07/04/2017 at 7:33pm
Great results Vince.  

Mark

Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 12:12am

Congrats to Vince64 who took down Adrian Fu, 2170 and took 1st place in the U2200 RR Clap

My run ended in the eighth's of the 2200 singles. Was up 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2. Overall first two days have gone ok. One finals loss, one quarterfinal loss and a eighth's loss. 18 matches in 2 days with 6 events left to play.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 12:19am

My run ended in the eighth's of the 2200 singles. Was up 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2. Overall first two days have gone ok. One finals loss, one quarterfinal loss and a eighth's loss. 18 matches in 2 days with 6 events left to play.
vince64 you rock! gogetem!

-------------

Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:04am
As usual for Vegas, I've found the conditions drastically different. I think I figured out the correct calibration for what I'm used to. When I aim for the bottom of the net when returning serve and aim for a foot long off the end when blocking loops, my ball seems to land on the table.

Posted By: BMonkey
Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 12:50pm

As usual for Vegas, I've found the conditions drastically different. I think I figured out the correct calibration for what I'm used to. When I aim for the bottom of the net when returning serve and aim for a foot long off the end when blocking loops, my ball seems to land on the table.
Just out of curiosity, what are the conditions you are used to playing in. Ball, table, floor type, building type, etc.

Posted By: in2spin
Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 1:51pm
Mr. Turberville, a national champion, yet again.

:)

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 4:25pm
Ignore me.. no clue what I am talking about...

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.

Posted By: assasin8
Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 5:05pm
Khoa Nguyen takes out Sharon Alguetti 4-3 to advance to quarters.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by assasin8 assasin8 wrote:

Khoa Nguyen takes out Sharon Alguetti 4-3 to advance to quarters.

An great result for Khoa, but the final 3 sets are painful to watch when you look at how well Sharon has played on the East Coast recently.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.

Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

Mr. Turberville, a national champion, yet again.

:)

Heartiest congratulations to Jay Turberville, a national champion (what event?) and hardbat legend for our own time.

I see on the USATT Nationals results page that you and Johnstone won the Men's Hardbat Doubles, and that you finished second to Larry Hodges in O-40 Hardbat Singles.  Not bad, Fountain Hills' most eminent table tennis player ever, not bad.

-------------
bmann1942

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 6:32pm
Any video feed to the event?

Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what are the conditions you are used to playing in. Ball, table, floor type, building type, etc.
I mostly play on Butterfly tables, wood flooring or standard red TT carpet. I'm not used to any plastic ball. Most of all I'm used to 0 to 200 ft above sea level as opposed to 2200 ft above sea level here.

Date Posted: 07/05/2017 at 9:50pm
I saw a match in the mini cadet girls event earlier today and I believe I just witnessed a future national champion or at least national team member in Sally Moyland from CA. The fiercest, toughest, and most athletic 10 year old I've ever seen in USATT tournaments.

Print Page | Close Window