Print Page | Close Window

Tenergy05-like rubbers

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79873
Printed Date: 05/02/2024 at 8:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tenergy05-like rubbers
Posted By: PringlesRingles
Subject: Tenergy05-like rubbers
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 4:17pm
Any good advice on rubbers, (non butterfly) similar to T05 for a Timo Boll Spirit blade?

Already tried mx-p but didn't feel too good, especially on looping a underspin ball. Guess it was due to lack of catapult comapred to t05.

Please use a few words describing why a rubber would suit well.

Replies:
Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 5:11pm
1st ESN generation after tenergy release tried to emulate its playing characteristics.
Baracuda, Genius, Hexer, Xplode, Vega Pro.
High throw angle with decent spin.

Posted By: h0n1g
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 6:47pm
IMO Vega Pro and Fastarc G1 are the most similar to the T05 in terms of curve etc.. However, Tenergy will always feel unique due to the sponge.

-------------
---
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71705&title=feeback-h0n1g" rel="nofollow - My Feedback Thread

Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 6:53pm
What about the rasanter r47?

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 8:59pm
R47 is very different than T05 the biggest difference is the throw angle. R47 is more linear both have good speed but T05 has more spin

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 9:03pm
Closest to T05 for me was Vega Pro. 
Baracuda is totally different from T05 and Hexer HD I found faster with less spin than T05.
That said, I didnĀ“t like any of these rubbers.

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 9:04pm
Again??

Posted By: JacekGM
Date Posted: 08/03/2017 at 10:39pm
Can someone turn this into a for profit service? 

For a small/nominal fee people would be gaining access to the best info out there about the rubbers that play like- or are otherwise similar to Tenergy. I can be the CFO there...

-------------
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Posted By: rocketman222
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 12:29am
Since you already have MX-P, just add a couple of layers of victory tune, it will bring it very close to t05

-------------
http://www.bladesbycharlie.com/models/hinokighost" rel="nofollow - BBC Hinoki Ghost
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74126&title=feedback-rocketman222" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: ericd937
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 6:44am
Just get T05 if you want T05. lol

T05fx is pretty close to T05. LOLLOLLOL

-------------
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Posted By: 1dennistt
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 8:27am
Depending on your level of play, maybe Bluefire M2 or one of the other versions might be applicable.  Nothing in my experience "feels" like Tenergy, but there are some rubbers that allow you to play the same type of game.  There are just various tradeoffs, pro and con when using them.

-------------
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)

Posted By: monkey401
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 11:26am
They say evolution EL-S has closest feel. It bottoms out at high gear and has lower throw. Maybe for lower and mid gears that it's somewhat similar to T05. Nothing is quite like T05.

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 11:34am
Barracuda is quite close and 1/3 the price.

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 11:52am
ericd93 is right.

If you want the performance of a T05, just get a T05.

FdT

Posted By: Purett
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 1:44pm
like tenergy 

none

-------------
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 2:47pm
There is nothing that feels like Tenergy but there are a lot of rubbers that would probably support the same level and style of play for an amateur player if they took the time to get accustomed to it (even very high level amateurs).  

MX-P has a quite different feel.  Not sure what you mean by "catapult".  MX-P is a bit harder but it is also pretty fast.  Until this year, it is the rubber I had used most other than T05 dating back to about 2008.  The way it feels upon ball impact is sharper for sure.  I found EL-P to be in some ways closer to T05 (still not the same feel though), and there are so many other ESN rubbers I haven't tried. 

The thing I have learned, a lot of what people like is predicated on being very accustomed to it.

I have come to value a highly linear rubber more than other properties for offensive-style rubbers.  Not everybody will agree.

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 4:49pm
How long does it take a normal player to adjust to a new rubber.  I've had players tell me that they know within 5 minutes.  Some rubbers maybe, but I would think it could take weeks to get used to some rubbers.  Do EJ's decide too soon and because of that they become EJ's, always looking for that elusive set up? 

Posted By: DreiZ
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 5:17pm
Like someone said earlier. If you want T05, just get it. 
And there is nothing out there that is identical to it.

I quit tenergy awhile back and played with tibhar alternatives.

MXP was great out of the package but in 2-3 months performance drops significantly. Heavier than T05, didnt like that.

ELS is great all around but still not the same catapult as T05. Less spin on active shots.

Briefly tried different rubbers such as bluefire, bluestorm, acuda, omega series. None were close.

Decided to try friends racket with tenergy and was reminded how great that rubber is... so i went back to it. You can make it last if you really take care of it and it wont seem so expensive. Drop in performance is linear so it wont seem so drastic unlike some rubbers.

-------------
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725

Posted By: wilkinru
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 5:51pm
I cant tell the difference between barracuda and T05. I feel like T05 sponge is a little harder. For the amount of times I hit the table I'll just use barracuda for now.

Honestly I'm tempted to switch to Palio CJ8000 and not worry about the price anymore.

-------------
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 8:08pm
I like BF M2 as an alternative to T05, because it's about half the price, and close to the table it can play the same way. There are more rubbers probably closer to T05, but are more expensive, so what's the point. Far away from the table, I don't think there are any rubber play like T05.

Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

There is nothing that feels like Tenergy but there are a lot of rubbers that would probably support the same level and style of play for an amateur player if they took the time to get accustomed to it (even very high level amateurs).  

MX-P has a quite different feel.  Not sure what you mean by "catapult".  MX-P is a bit harder but it is also pretty fast.  Until this year, it is the rubber I had used most other than T05 dating back to about 2008.  The way it feels upon ball impact is sharper for sure.  I found EL-P to be in some ways closer to T05 (still not the same feel though), and there are so many other ESN rubbers I haven't tried. 

The thing I have learned, a lot of what people like is predicated on being very accustomed to it.

I have come to value a highly linear rubber more than other properties for offensive-style rubbers.  Not everybody will agree.

I mean it requires much more effort to lfit a underspin ball with mx-p compared to t05. Another thing that distinguished mx-p to t05 I think was that counterlooping on a incoming loop was much more difficult. It felt like the ball didn't really grip onto the surface as well as with t05.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 08/04/2017 at 8:42pm
The best thing you can do is try your friend's blades assuming some of them use something other than T05.  Otherwise you will get all sorts of conflicting info that may not work for you.  It gets expensive.

Posted By: Greco
Date Posted: 08/05/2017 at 12:53am
I used Bluefire M2 and M3 for almost two years.
The rubber looks different, the bluefire's sponge has way bigger pores than tenergy, and the topsheet has a differente color.
In terms of play, bluefire is very springy, but not as fast as tenergy. I also find the M2 sponge a little softer than Tenergy, but very close.

Well, what else can i say? Just that, they are pretty similar in every aspect, but they feel different when playing.

But hey, Bluefire are good rubbers too, just different, i know some players who use bluefire and have excellent technique and im sure they would beat anyone in this forum.

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 08/05/2017 at 11:05pm
Has anyone tried V>15 extra by Victas?
I imagine spin-wise it should be very close to T05

Posted By: rocketman222
Date Posted: 08/06/2017 at 1:22am
I did and no its not as close as a boosted mxp is.

-------------
http://www.bladesbycharlie.com/models/hinokighost" rel="nofollow - BBC Hinoki Ghost
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74126&title=feedback-rocketman222" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: Chewy
Date Posted: 08/06/2017 at 9:39am
@notfound123,

Regarding the Victas V15 Extra. I'm quite a fan of it.
It's very Linear and has good speed.

However spin-wise. It is nothing near to the T05!

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 08/06/2017 at 10:26am
The following is personal opinion:

Do you want same feel or similar spin & speed?

If it the latter you want (spin & speed) with a similar stroke as with T05, then a boosted Baracuda is the way to go. It performs in a surprisingly similar fashion (Baracuda works well with boosting with Falco long).

I think, on FH, the lure of ESN is that you get harder rubber than T05 that generates at least as much spin on power drives but with more power. This harder rubber performs a bit like T05 and a bit more like boosted H3 Neo.

The ideal stroke is a bit different on the harder ESN rubbers than on T05 (one needs to go more forward with hard ESN stuff). So, if you perform stroke that works for T05 exactly the same way on a hard new-gen ESN, you shall get sub-optimal result. I find that H3 Neo users adapt faster to rubbers like MX-P / MX-S for that reason.

Or, if you want a higher spin / speed ratio than T05 provides, move to a H3 neo on a hard, flexible blade. From my results, unboosted H3 Neo Provincial on FH on blades like IF-Layer ZLC enable strokes more powerful than one gets with T05. But hard ESN is a decent compromise between bounciness (non-chinese) and FH power.

All 3 alternatives (boosted baracuda, hard ESN, H3 Neo) are cheaper than T05. However, how long T05 lasts on FH, depends on what kind of stroke you have: for many good players, it lasts a very long time and for others it does not. Generally, if you have experimented with softer rubbers as T05 alternatives, T05 lasts long for you. If you are used to harder rubbers (like MX-P), T05 might not last as long. 

So, from a usability standpoint, whether T05 is of good enough value, depends on stroke of the user on FH. It also depends on whether you're fine with putting a thin layer of booster after about a couple of months (on ESN rubbers and / or H3N). On BH, to me, it lasts quite long.

Having said that, unless, you're going to try out for a national team or are sponsored by BTY, my recommendation is always to try use non-T05 alternative first. I know many very good players who not only use non-T05 rubbers (like Rhyzm, Omega V Tour / Omega IV pro, etc) in the US, but they find stuff that lasts long for them.

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Date Posted: 08/06/2017 at 12:55pm
How is the baracuda compared to acuda s2?

Posted By: book4all
Date Posted: 08/06/2017 at 1:33pm
Good writing, slevin. Thumbs Up 

Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 1:07am
Originally posted by PringlesRingles PringlesRingles wrote:

How is the baracuda compared to acuda s2?
It is  little bit slower 5% on slower strokes, higher arc and throw and a harder and more direct feel.
On full shots baracuda is as fast as S2.
Weight wise, it is the same weight as Acuda S2.

Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 1:19am
Having used T05 and T64 for 2 years and then trying to spend another 2 years trying to find an alternative, I can tell you that there is no alternative.
I have tried all of the following:
For T05: Baracuda, FastArc G1, Goldarc 3, Rasant PowerGrip,  Rasant Turbo, M1 Turbo, M1, M2, Victas V15, Joola Maxxx 500, EL-S, EL-P, MX-P, MX-S Genius and a few more I cannot remember.
For T64: FastArc P1, C1, Victas V15 Limber, Baracuda Bigslam, EL-S, MX-S, F-S, Bluefire JP2, etc.

I can tell you that for the same stroke and contact, there is no alternative for these rubbers, especially for a purely offensive player.  
The reason I gave up on T rubbers was the cost and the life I got out of them...and the reason I stopped looking for alternatives was that I realized I played equally well with most decent rubbers on the BH once I adjusted in 3-5 days of play...and that I was spending ore looking for alternatives than I was on T rubbers.
On My FH I could not get more than 2 months of life from T05 (I play FH dominant) and on the BH it was around 3 months playing 15-18 hrs a week.
So what do I use now? I use H3N on the FH and alternate between T64, Baracuda and Rasanter R47 (only tried 1 sheet).

Posted By: mog1111
Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 5:10am
That is a great post Slevin!!

I have been a massive EJ for ages trying to get off 05fx.
I now use Hurricane 3 neo commercial on both sides.
I find H3N or Tenergy 05fx the only 2 rubbers I can loop anything with, they suit my stroke and while they are very different rubbers I can adjust between them very quickly.

I always ending up not liking something about esn's or hybrid rubbers.

Great informative post though!!

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler

Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 5:13am
ashishsharmaait

That is also a very good post and I think it reflects a lot of players experiences!!

I do think Tenergy can make a player lazy as it does a lot for you.

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: neon
Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 5:44am
rasanter r47 Beer

Posted By: adishorul
Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 10:05am
Xiom omega v pro

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 11:07am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Having used T05 and T64 for 2 years and then trying to spend another 2 years trying to find an alternative, I can tell you that there is no alternative.
I have tried all of the following:
For T05: Baracuda, FastArc G1, Goldarc 3, Rasant PowerGrip,  Rasant Turbo, M1 Turbo, M1, M2, Victas V15, Joola Maxxx 500, EL-S, EL-P, MX-P, MX-S Genius and a few more I cannot remember.
For T64: FastArc P1, C1, Victas V15 Limber, Baracuda Bigslam, EL-S, MX-S, F-S, Bluefire JP2, etc.

what are your thoughts on V15 extra vs T05?

Date Posted: 08/07/2017 at 12:42pm
V15 is only comparable to T05 in middle gears. It has some of the easy speed and spin of T05, but that's about it.
Weight: V15 is heavier by 3 grams cut to BTY head.
Throw: Mid high, not high like T05
Spin: Does not Grip well on slow balls. Topsheet slips often.
Speed: Top end speed lower than T05
Bouncy: Less bouncy than T05. Easier short game.
Price: 1/2 of T05.
Also, the life is a lot less than T05. With T05 the topsheet although worn off, is still good for 3-4 months. You can apply a thin layer of booster and get 1 more month out of it after 3 months.
With V15, after 2 months, there is not much left in it. The topsheet starts slipping and the sponge gets dead and it does not take booster like T05 then.
If you like the T05 feel and think that you cannot adjust, there is no point wasting money.
If however you are still young and don't mind re learning some of the strokes you had with T05, try a H3N with Booster or any other new ESN like R47 if you don't have the time to boost.
My level dropped significantly when I switched from T05 to H3N for a few months and I was more like an all round player compared to the All-Out attacker I was with T05 against the usual group of players I played with.
In around 2-3 months, things got better but that's the time it took.
If you have 2-3 months to relearn, any rubber would do.
The mistake people make is that they give up too soon.

Posted By: taczkid
Date Posted: 08/08/2017 at 12:55pm
almost 10 years since its release in 2008 and no rubber is even close, that being said: get T05 and if you maintain it correctly I guarantee it will last twice as long as any other rubbers out there...

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 08/08/2017 at 9:45pm
Another way to approach the problem of getting a satisfactory replacement of T05 is the following:

Try getting a rubber that is almost as good (but probably not quite) as T05 in typical T05-like loops and excels T05 in areas in which T05 is weak at.

Let us discuss FH use. So, is T05 weak at anything?

How about the following:

1. H3-Neo - like power drives in which you have to use power and go through the ball hard. This is a stroke that the Chinese pro players use and T05-using European pro players cannot. This stroke is not possible with T05 as that rubber bottoms out for such a stroke. You need harder sponge than T05 has.
2. Spin-sensitivity on serve receives. Say server hides the ball and you are not completely sure of incoming spin of short serve (assume you want to do a passive return). How forgiving shall your rubber be? T05 is not.
3. Smashing (though, it is not that important)

Meanwhile, make sure that the grip is at least as good as T05 on plastic ball and the throw is at least medium (if not higher).

Try Xiom Omega V Tour.

The feel is different. However, it performs a bit like H3Neo (but one you can counter with) and a bit like T05 but with much better serve-receive capability. Be aware that just as it applies for all your favorite CNT players using H3Neo (and unlike T05) you get less spin on low hand speed strokes and high on high hand speed ones.

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 12:40pm
Or, if you want a higher spin / speed ratio than T05 provides, move to a H3 neo on a hard, flexible blade. From my results, unboosted H3 Neo Provincial on FH on blades like IF-Layer ZLC enable strokes more powerful than one gets with T05. But hard ESN is a decent compromise between bounciness (non-chinese) and FH power.

Slevin, what blade would you recommend as being one of these hard and flexy, in a 5 ply wood???
I have been using WSC but its not quite quick enough with H3N?

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:14pm
I recommend Big Dipper. the only disadvantage I found after few month of use is weight. It weight more then 50g cut to standard size. It plays better then any other rubber I ever tried. price $10 is unbeatable too

Posted By: wanchope
Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:21pm
How about the soulspin rubbers, like p12?

-------------
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I recommend Big Dipper. the only disadvantage I found after few month of use is weight. It weight more then 50g cut to standard size. It plays better then any other rubber I ever tried. price $10 is unbeatable too

I thought about trying it but when I weighed my clubmate's paddle in my hand I realized I cannot do that. 50 g rubber is out of the question for me. One of the rubbers I use is usually around 40 g, the other one between 40 and 45 g. Cannot play with rubber which weign (together) more than 85 g.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:47pm
im not asking about rubber, asking about hard flexy blade to pair with hurricane 3 neo?

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

im not asking about rubber, asking about hard flexy blade to pair with hurricane 3 neo?

OP asked about rubber so we talking about rubber

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 2:40pm
yes but no one has had anything to say for 6 days. im talking about rubber because slevin recommended h3n with hard flexy blade.
I use h3n I want to know what hard flexy blade he would recommend.

that's all

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: Shifu
Date Posted: 08/16/2017 at 2:45am
Stiga Clipper for example

Posted By: BaiMile
Date Posted: 08/16/2017 at 6:40am
Clipper is not flexy either hard blade, but is OK with Chinese rubbers. Flexy blades are Stiga OC, Offensive CR, Avalox P500, Yasaka extra, YinHe W6 - in short most 5 ply thin blades with limba, koto, walnut so on outer ply.
Clipper demands much more effort to spin the ball and some time is exhausting to play with, but is very powerful. 

Date Posted: 08/16/2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I thought about trying it but when I weighed my clubmate's paddle in my hand I realized I cannot do that. 50 g rubber is out of the question for me. One of the rubbers I use is usually around 40 g, the other one between 40 and 45 g. Cannot play with rubber which weign (together) more than 85 g.

you can get light blade, 80g or less. or try on BH short pips. there is some short pips are very light. so you will able to use heavy rubber on FH

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net