Print Page | Close Window

Rasanter R47 Shrinks - Alternative? (no shrinking)

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79958
Printed Date: 03/29/2024 at 2:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rasanter R47 Shrinks - Alternative? (no shrinking)
Posted By: GabrielTopspin
Subject: Rasanter R47 Shrinks - Alternative? (no shrinking)
Date Posted: 08/12/2017 at 2:35pm
Hello i play at the moment with the Andro Rasanter R47 in ultramax and i am very happy with this rubber. But it lose its performance after the first time, you will feel the difference after the first time you hit with it and a week later.

But the big problem is that is shrinks dramatically when you want to reglue it. This is a major problem with Esn rubbers (like Tibhar Mxs and Mxp).

Do you now some Top Rubbers who don*t shrink, because i reglue very often???
(Playstyle topspin game, with backhand and forehand, good service and 3Ball killing).

I will Test some Hybrid Rubbers like (Tibhar Hybrid K1 and K1+) and from Dhs the Goldarc 8. I will tell you if these rubbers will shrink or not.

Yesterday i testet the Joola Golden Tango (very good on the forehand but very bad on the backhand(no controll on flicks) and the Stiga Genesis M (very spinny on service but very spin reactive)

Replies:
Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 08/12/2017 at 3:51pm
Those newer ESN rubbers are all factory boosted, so once the booster fades it shrinks and loses a lot of performance. I'd rather buy a tenergy, because it's maybe 3 or 4 times as durable, so even that is more cost efficient. If you want a Tensor with better durability and no shrinkage then use the older generation of Baracuda, Genius, Xplode, Hexer, Vega Pro and Rakza 7. Or use chinese rubbers if you think you can handle it. Or just buy booster to restore the size of the shrunken sheet.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 08/12/2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Those newer ESN rubbers are all factory boosted, so once the booster fades it shrinks and loses a lot of performance. I'd rather buy a tenergy, because it's maybe 3 or 4 times as durable, so even that is more cost efficient. If you want a Tensor with better durability and no shrinkage then use the older generation of Baracuda, Genius, Xplode, Hexer, Vega Pro and Rakza 7. Or use chinese rubbers if you think you can handle it. Or just buy booster to restore the size of the shrunken sheet.

The older generation of tensors play better with the plastic ball than they did with celluloid. That is my opinion.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 08/12/2017 at 5:24pm
I have had that problem too with MX-P (the only ESN rubber I used for any length of time), but my solution was to not re-glue them until it was time to change them, since I haven't used speed glue in nearly ten years.  Why are you re-glueing them?  If it is to boost them, doesn't the booster stretch them back out?

By the way, this does not happen with Tenergy 05. 

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 08/12/2017 at 5:40pm
Other than EJing...a few of my friends also are really picky. When they don't like how a (new) rubber plays, they tear it off the blade and reglue a few times before trying it on a different blade, hoping for better results.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Posted By: Roger Stillabower
Date Posted: 08/12/2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The older generation of tensors play better with the plastic ball than they did with celluloid. That is my opinion.

I agree...

-------------
Shifter

Posted By: nv42
Date Posted: 08/13/2017 at 2:24am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

+1! And all of them have a spinnier and more reactive lower gear compared to most of the recent 'p-ball optimised' rubbers. Some might like that feature, but I personally love it. The Mx-p gen is the last gen I actually like, except for the shrinkage issue, almost everything else might be as good as esn can go currently.

-------------
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)

Posted By: jonyer1980
Date Posted: 08/13/2017 at 2:40am
Tenergy shrinks as well but not as much as MXP or BF.

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Posted By: Bobpuls
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 11:26am
If you master the attaching process all will be fine.... As you can see it shrink only from the top to botom.... So first align the rubber properly at the handle and the with good pressure, technique and roler you can get it right.....I done it many time......and im using R42 with no problem. And of course chose a good glue.. So it is easier to remove the old one...

-------------
Custom carbon/aramid off FH DHS H8 BH DHS TG 3-60
Custom carbon off++ FH DHS TG2 BS BH DHS TG3-60 National

Posted By: kindof99
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 11:28am
How about the durability of R47? Have read many reviews that R47 has very short life in performance. 5 was given in TTDB, which is about the lowest you can see for the durability of a rubber.

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Posted By: HuLimei
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 12:21pm
Hurricane 3.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 12:56pm
Other than shrinking, the rubber is very durable.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: wanchope
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 1:06pm
If I just don't take it off the blande, then I don't need to worry about its shrinking, right?

-------------
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1

Posted By: rocketman222
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 2:07pm
if i am not wrong to generalize from my experience, most ESN rubbers have super durable topsheets and not so durable sponge, whereas its the opposite for tenergy, with super durable sponge and not so durable topsheet.

I think its easier to extend/rejuvenate the sponge with booster vs treating a slippy topsheet with some chemicals.

-------------
http://www.bladesbycharlie.com/models/hinokighost" rel="nofollow - BBC Hinoki Ghost
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74126&title=feedback-rocketman222" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net