Print Page | Close Window

Cross training: 1 mile run

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Pictures & Videos
Forum Name: Videos
Forum Description: Post table tennis video download information here.
Moderator: mickd
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79977
Printed Date: 04/27/2024 at 9:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cross training: 1 mile run
Posted By: heavyspin
Subject: Cross training: 1 mile run
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 8:21pm
A one mile run was recently organized for out of shape TT players. Note that all 3 participants in this race have been rated over USATT 2200 at some point in time. We expect to continue with future races and hope to improve our times.

Replies:
Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

A one mile run was recently organized for out of shape TT players. Note that all 3 participants in this race have been rated over USATT 2200 at some point in time. We expect to continue with future races and hope to improve our times.

Nice! Don't think I know the dude in blue shirt (who got bronze medal). I wish I could trade each minute per mile of pace for 100 rating points, would put me close to Rich rating-wise. :)

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Posted By: MCollins
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 8:40pm
Very cool.

-------------
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins

Posted By: LUCKYLOOP
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 9:04pm

Can you get the blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen level for each participant before and after the race ?

-------------
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 08/14/2017 at 9:51pm
i think getting the blood pressure after the race especially immediately after they stopped running will give you a false reading.

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Nice! Don't think I know the dude in blue shirt (who got bronze medal). I wish I could trade each minute per mile of pace for 100 rating points, would put me close to Rich rating-wise. :)

The dude in blue shirt is John Andrade. Here he is in his 2200 state in the early 1990's.

Posted By: HuLimei
Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 12:00pm
1 mile is too much effort.

Make it 0.1 mile and have the participants wear $5000 running shoes and it sounds just right.

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 12:34pm
New competitors are welcome for future races.
Requirements: Over 40 years old and at least 50 pounds heavier than lightest weight since age 20.
Note that the weight minimum does not apply to Rich DeWitt and there's no rating history requirement. 

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 12:45pm
Hey Heavyspin,  the idea is bold and entertaining but do you think it is wise to have a bunch of overweight people racing 1 mile?  The winner (you) was going pretty fast at the end.  Aren't there quite a bit of health hazards involved?

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Hey Heavyspin,  the idea is bold and entertaining but do you think it is wise to have a bunch of overweight people racing 1 mile?  The winner (you) was going pretty fast at the end.  Aren't there quite a bit of health hazards involved?
I came in 2nd to Rich, btw. The race was planned well in advance for us to train properly for it. Appreciate the concern. 

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:06pm
"The race was planned well in advance for us to train properly for it"
good to hear that - keep up the good work and best wishes!

Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:12pm
"I came in 2nd to Rich, btw"

you had a nice sprint at the end!

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 08/15/2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

New competitors are welcome for future races.
Requirements: Over 40 years old and at least 50 pounds heavier than lightest weight since age 20.
Note that the weight minimum does not apply to Rich DeWitt and there's no rating history requirement. 

awesome! I qualify. 
My only chance ever to beat DeWitt and Heavyspin. Sounds like it is worth the trip.

Date Posted: 08/16/2017 at 10:22am
Is it coincidence that during my month's preparation for this race I had 4 wins over higher rated players in a single tournament? Is it also coincidence that I lost to 2 lower rated players the day after this race?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net