Print Page | Close Window

Zeio: What do Japanese coaches recommend?

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80334
Printed Date: 04/18/2024 at 8:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Zeio: What do Japanese coaches recommend?
Posted By: shaun729
Subject: Zeio: What do Japanese coaches recommend?
Date Posted: 09/22/2017 at 3:33am
Hi Zeio and everybody else, have you ever seen an article stating what Japanese coaches recommend for beginners and intermediate players? I wonder if they still get kids to start out with Sriver or Mark V or if they would start them out with Rozena now. It would also be good to find out if they still recommend a thin 5 ply flexi blade like a Primorac to learn to loop with. It would be great if Table Tennis Kingdom did an article on this. I emailed a top German coach and he said to use thinner Tenergy but Rozana wasn't around yet.

Replies:
Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 09/22/2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by shaun729 shaun729 wrote:

Hi Zeio and everybody else, have you ever seen an article stating what Japanese coaches recommend for beginners and intermediate players? I wonder if they still get kids to start out with Sriver or Mark V or if they would start them out with Rozena now. It would also be good to find out if they still recommend a thin 5 ply flexi blade like a Primorac to learn to loop with. It would be great if Table Tennis Kingdom did an article on this. I emailed a top German coach and he said to use thinner Tenergy but Rozana wasn't around yet.

coaches recomend any 1.8mm soft rubbet like mark v sriver any soft rubber not speedglue effect will help

Posted By: henningf
Date Posted: 09/22/2017 at 6:59pm
I don’t know about japanese coaches, but Rozena to beginners? I usually recommend a full setup to a beginner that costs less than one Rozena rubber. (729 rubbers and blade about $40) for beginners it’s mostly about movement and getting the strokes right. Don’t get me wrong, Rozena is a good rubber, but a bit much for a beginner in my eyes.

Learning to loop is about being in the right plase, rotating your hip and using your arm «just right». This is a bit simplified, but get the fundamental technique right, then you can start to think about the equipment.

Date Posted: 09/22/2017 at 10:15pm
I was surprised that the German coach said Tenergy.

Date Posted: 09/22/2017 at 11:41pm
I'm curious about Japan now because Butterfly don't have anything between the X-Star and the Korbel in Japan.

Posted By: Basquests
Date Posted: 09/23/2017 at 1:02am

I was surprised that the German coach said Tenergy.

The cynic in me wants to see his Butterfly sponsorship contract :D

Date Posted: 09/23/2017 at 1:29am
He was a Butterfly Coach but you think he would have said Sriver or something in between.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 09/24/2017 at 2:49am
The ones below get mentioned a lot.

For blade:

Swat,
Korbel,
Allround Evolution.

Vega Euro @ 2.0mm,
Mark V @ 1.8mm,
Original Extra @ medium or thick.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 09/24/2017 at 8:52am
Thanks everybody, zeio it's funny how Mark V is in the top ten but not Sriver.

Posted By: HuLimei
Date Posted: 09/24/2017 at 9:59am
I noticed they recommend their young players to Cho at the top of their lungs before and after every point.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 09/24/2017 at 5:00pm

Thanks everybody, zeio it's funny how Mark V is in the top ten but not Sriver.

It may have to do with Yasaka's marketing. They still spend money on advertising Mark V. In http://www.saispo.com/saispo/files/takkyubinvol.48.pdf" rel="nofollow - one issue of the newsletter published by Niigata Prefecture TTA, the Yasaka ad reads the following:

Quote 原点回帰

ノングルー時代こそ元祖●高弾性高犘擦ラバー

MARK V へ帰る

(Return to the Origin
The Original of the Non-Glue Era - High Elasticity and High Friction Rubber
Return to MARK V)

When you flip through their catalog, Mark V is still shown first, before Rakza 7 and other newer models.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 09/24/2017 at 6:24pm
It seems to me that Butterfly Japan have given up on the beginner & intermediate market because they have nothing between the X-Star and the Korbel. They only seem to be interested in the upmarket players.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net