Print Page | Close Window

Joola blades K5 and Eagle Fast

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83912
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 11:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Joola blades K5 and Eagle Fast
Posted By: Makelele
Subject: Joola blades K5 and Eagle Fast
Date Posted: 10/02/2018 at 3:46am
Do you know the wood composition of the K5? Megaspin.net says it is a 5 -ply made of "samba yellow, limba nature, samba nature". I would like to comfirm if the outer veneer is samba (ayous) and if the inner core is ayous or balsa.
And has anyone tried the Eagle Fast? How do you compare in terms of speed and hardness with the K5?
Thanks.

Edited: name of the thread. I realized proper English probably is "Joola blades xx" and not "Blades Joola xx".

Replies:
Posted By: Snakefish
Date Posted: 10/02/2018 at 3:56am

Joola K5 is limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 10/02/2018 at 10:13pm
I would like to find a cheaper alternative to BTY Matsudaira blade. It´s made of limba-alc-kiri-alc-limba.
BTY itself has no other blade with same composition. Does anybody know an alternative? It could be other type of carbon but must be with limba outer ply and kiri core.

Date Posted: 10/03/2018 at 4:30am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I would like to find a cheaper alternative to BTY Matsudaira blade. It´s made of limba-alc-kiri-alc-limba.
BTY itself has no other blade with same composition. Does anybody know an alternative? It could be other type of carbon but must be with limba outer ply and kiri core.

Isn't this thread about Joola K5 and Eagle Fast ?

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl

Date Posted: 10/03/2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Yes. But since wood plies is the subject I put my doubt here to avoid creating a new one.

Date Posted: 10/03/2018 at 12:58pm

Thanks. In your experience, did you find accurate Joola's speed rating about this blade when it says that it plays in the range from All to Off +? Is it so versatile?

Anyone has tried the Eagle Fast?

Date Posted: 10/04/2018 at 9:55pm

Yes. But since wood plies is the subject I put my doubt here to avoid creating a new one.

First and foremost, the topic/subject is about K5 and Eagle Fast.

If you want to talk about BTY Matsudaira blade plies, start a new thread. Not nice to hijack this thread.

Just sayin,

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl

Date Posted: 10/04/2018 at 10:04pm

Not nice to hijack this thread.

Just sayin,

Not nice? I would love to show you what is not nice face to face.

Just sayin...

Date Posted: 10/04/2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Thanks. In your experience, did you find accurate Joola's speed rating about this blade when it says that it plays in the range from All to Off +? Is it so versatile?

I haven't tried the K5 blade yet. But other blades with same plies composition I tried were (in order of slowest to faster):  Appelgren ALLplay, Bty Korbel (avg 5.9 thick), Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (avg 6.0 thick)

No way the K5 comes close to Off+   unless it's thicker than 6.0
Do you know the thickness of the blade ?

Other Joola blades I've used are Fever (correct speed), Rossi Fire (rated too fast), Eagle Medium (correct speed), Rossi Force (correct speed). In brackets I indcated Joola's rating

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl

Posted By: doraemon
Date Posted: 10/04/2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

I have Joola K5 and have not tried Eagle Fast.

As already mentioned above, Joola K5 has limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba construction.

Now, if I remember correctly, the thickness is around 5.7 - 5.8 mm.  And this put Joola K5 in between BTY Primorac Off- (not carbon) and BTY Korbel.  Both have the same construction. 

Speed wise, it plays more similar to BTY Primorac Off-.  I am saying in regard to BTY Primorac Off- (made in Japan) because my old European version Primorac has thickness of 6 mm, which is pretty much the same as my Korbel, thus faster.

I hope it helps you.

-------------
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber

Date Posted: 10/05/2018 at 4:15am

Not nice to hijack this thread.

Just sayin,

Not nice? I would love to show you what is not nice face to face.

Just sayin...

Bullying, eh

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl

Date Posted: 10/05/2018 at 2:34pm

I haven't tried the K5 blade yet. But other blades with same plies composition I tried were (in order of slowest to faster):  Appelgren ALLplay, Bty Korbel (avg 5.9 thick), Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (avg 6.0 thick)

No way the K5 comes close to Off+   unless it's thicker than 6.0
Do you know the thickness of the blade ?

Other Joola blades I've used are Fever (correct speed), Rossi Fire (rated too fast), Eagle Medium (correct speed), Rossi Force (correct speed). In brackets I indcated Joola's rating

In Joola's catalogue it says that the thickness is 6 mms. and that the "playing strategy" in which you can use the blade goes from "Off minus to Off plus" (not "All to Off plus", as I wrongly posted initially). Here, see pages 17 and 35.

www.joola.de/ablage/kataloge/hauptkatalog_18_EN.pdf

As they put that the speed of the blade is "fast", may be what they want to say about the "playing strategy" is that "fast" is the normal speed of the blade but that you can make an "Off plus" stroke without much effort.

Date Posted: 10/05/2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I have Joola K5 and have not tried Eagle Fast.

As already mentioned above, Joola K5 has limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba construction.

Now, if I remember correctly, the thickness is around 5.7 - 5.8 mm.  And this put Joola K5 in between BTY Primorac Off- (not carbon) and BTY Korbel.  Both have the same construction. 

Speed wise, it plays more similar to BTY Primorac Off-.  I am saying in regard to BTY Primorac Off- (made in Japan) because my old European version Primorac has thickness of 6 mm, which is pretty much the same as my Korbel, thus faster.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks doraemon.
According to Joola, the thickness is 6 mms., so may be a little faster that the one that you owned.
The fact that Joola says that you can play with it in the range of the "Off minus to Off plus" made me thought that the inner core could be balsa (that´s why I asked about that in my first post).
Although I've never played with a balsa blade, I read that is a kind of wood that let you play in a range of speed from all to off plus (I guess that this feature applies, with certain variations, no matter the balsa is used as the core or the outer ply of the blade).

Posted By: doraemon
Date Posted: 10/07/2018 at 7:43am
There is no balsa in K5. Joola says it’s limba samba combination. It’s the same thing as Limba Ayous.   Just another names. Regarding thickness I don’t know if they change the thickness but I remember that it is slightly thinner than my 5.9-6.0 mm korbel.

My K5 is old though.   The new one might be thicker to cope with bigger plastic ball. Probably. Just my guess.

-------------
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net