Print Page | Close Window

2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: JimT
Assistant Moderators: mmerkel

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84223
Printed Date: 09/15/2019 at 3:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11
Posted By: kindof99
Subject: 2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11
Date Posted: 11/04/2018 at 8:16am
Many players just like Swedish Open. Excited to see how Ito will perform.

Link to ITTF info:

https://www.ittf.com/tournament/2822/2018/2018-ittf-world-tour-austrian-open/" rel="nofollow - https://www.ittf.com/tournament/2822/2018/2018-ittf-world-tour-austrian-open/

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Replies:
Posted By: benfb
Date Posted: 11/04/2018 at 12:20pm
This should be better than the Swedish open.  The top 38 players are there (by WR).  

Posted By: skip3119
Date Posted: 11/04/2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

This should be better than the Swedish open.  The top 38 players are there (by WR).  
============
Yes.
The Swedish Open is just a World Tour.
The Austrian Open is a World Tour - Premium (commands higher ITTF ranking points.)

Posted By: BRS
Date Posted: 11/04/2018 at 1:03pm
With 141 women signed up, how do the mechanics work? How many are automatically in and how many have to qualify?

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 11/04/2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

With 141 women signed up, how do the mechanics work? How many are automatically in and how many have to qualify?
I think only the first 16 best ranked will go straight in the main draw. All the others will have to win 3 or 4 rounds if they want 1 of the 16 remaining places.

-------------
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm

Date Posted: 11/04/2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I think only the first 16 best ranked will go straight in the main draw. All the others will have to win 3 or 4 rounds if they want 1 of the 16 remaining places.
==========================
That's what I think for a World Tour:  16 seeds and 16 qualifiers. 32 players in the Main Draw.
--------------------------------------
For some Challenge Series, it may have 32 seeds and 32 qualifiers.  64 players in the Main Draw

Posted By: VladCeller
Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 12:34am
So, as in Sweden, in the qualification of 8 Chinese women...
Theoretically, a maximum of six of them will be able to qualify ....
In addition to the six seeded ...
It will be curious to see the main grid, R-32 ...

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

So, as in Sweden, in the qualification of 8 Chinese women...
Theoretically, a maximum of six of them will be able to qualify ....
In addition to the six seeded ...
It will be curious to see the main grid, R-32 ...
=======================
There are 2 pairs Chinese women players duke it out against one another.
2 will be knocked out by another Chinese player - leaving only 6. (You are right about that.)

We will see if all of them can get to the Main Draw.

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 9:30am
Ito Mima is in this one:  Austrian Open
So are some top Chinese women players.
Ito will bound to run into some of them.

See if Ito can win this one.

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 12:02pm

So, fate has appointed a possible meeting Z.Y.L. and ITO Mima is already in the quarter finals .....
And a possible meeting with L.S.W.(or C.M.) .... in the semi-finals .....
Unless, of course, she would have to play with HE Zhuojia, WANG  Yidi or SUN Yingsha until R8 ...

Posted By: pongfugrasshopper
Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 12:22pm

So, fate has appointed a possible meeting Z.Y.L. and ITO Mima is already in the quarter finals .....
Unless, of course, she would have to play with HE Zhuojia, WANG  Yidi or SUN Yingsga until R8 ...

This brings up an interesting problem for China.  Let's say Wang Yidi meets Mima Ito in the Round of 32 or 16 and she beats Mima Ito.  This then prevents ZYL, LSW, CM, WMY, or DN (all Olympic spot hopefuls) from meeting Mima Ito.  Whichever two players selected for the Olympics are going to want and need as much experience playing against her as possible.  So for the sake of the CNT does Wang Yidi purposely lose?  Or let's say CXT has a great tournament and takes out CM and LSW and Mima Ito crushes ZYL again.  Now, CXT meets Mima Ito preventing both LSW and CM a shot at her, and if CXT beats Mima Ito, that prevents WMY and DN from matching up against her as well.  Same question, would the CNT force her to lose for the sake of the team?  This problem continues for subsequent tournaments where China hasn't selected their two Olympic hopefuls.

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 12:37pm
Right ... ... There is a problem for C.N.T. coaches, and I wonder how they will solve it .....
I would like to wish ITO Mima good luck!Embarrassed

Posted By: igorponger
Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Ito should take some break in playing now, for medical reasons.

Posted By: troubadour
Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Ito should take some break in playing now, for medical reasons.
LOLLOLLOL

-------------
How many eyes have seen their dreams

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 2:24pm
If Zhu Yuling and Ito Mima meet again, they will meet much earlier - in the quarter final.
Don't think their opponents can beat them.

So, definitely, they will meet again soon.

Last time, just a few days ago, Ito just killed Zhu really really bad. (It sure surprised me.)

Posted By: patwhall
Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Unless, of course, she would have to play with HE Zhuojia, WANG  Yidi or SUN Yingsga until R8 ...

This brings up an interesting problem for China.  Let's say Wang Yidi meets Mima Ito in the Round of 32 or 16 and she beats Mima Ito.  This then prevents ZYL, LSW, CM, WMY, or DN (all Olympic spot hopefuls) from meeting Mima Ito.  Whichever two players selected for the Olympics are going to want and need as much experience playing against her as possible.  So for the sake of the CNT does Wang Yidi purposely lose?  Or let's say CXT has a great tournament and takes out CM and LSW and Mima Ito crushes ZYL again.  Now, CXT meets Mima Ito preventing both LSW and CM a shot at her, and if CXT beats Mima Ito, that prevents WMY and DN from matching up against her as well.  Same question, would the CNT force her to lose for the sake of the team?  This problem continues for subsequent tournaments where China hasn't selected their two Olympic hopefuls.

Please, whoever CNT player is, she will do her best to beat ITO the first chance she's got.  

-------------
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 2:50pm

If Zhu Yuling and Ito Mima meet again, they will meet much earlier - in the quarter final.

Last time, just a few days ago, Ito just killed Zhu really really bad. (It sure surprised me.)

They will probably meet in the quarterfinals, but there's the *possibility* that Wang Yidi gets through the qualifiers and lands in Mima Ito's bracket such that Wang Yidi meets her in the Round of 32 or 16 (so before ZYL).  And the last time they played (2018 Bulgaria Open), Wang Yidi won.

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 3:24pm

They will probably meet in the quarterfinals, but there's the *possibility* that Wang Yidi gets through the qualifiers and lands in Mima Ito's bracket such that Wang Yidi meets her in the Round of 32 or 16 (so before ZYL).  And the last time they played (2018 Bulgaria Open), Wang Yidi won.
==============================
In order for that to happen, Wang Yidi will need to be drawn into the position 6 or position 7.
The probability is 2/32 = 6.25%  (Not a very high probability.)

Ito played at much higher level, than her normal playing level, at the recent Swedish open.
Has she improved? It sure looks like that she has.

Should Wang Yidi meet Ito, Wang may find that the current Ito may be a very different Ito than she played last time in Bulgaria Open.

(Footnote:  Zhu Yuling previously played Ito Mima 3 times, Zhu won all 3, reference:  ITTF head-to-head.
                 But, Zhu lost badly to Ito in the recent Swedish Open.)

Posted By: FruitLoop
Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 7:53pm
I look forward to seeing Timo trying to go deep Vs the Chinese army.

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 9:02pm
There is something called momentum. I would say that in the Swedish Open beating LSW and DN brings out the beast in Ito Mima. For the Austrian Open, if Ito meets with ZYL, it might be a totally different story. Still hard to believe that Ito's style can be very consistent. We will see.

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 10:25pm

==============================
In order for that to happen, Wang Yidi will need to be drawn into the position 6 or position 7.
The probability is 2/32 = 6.25%  (Not a very high probability.)

Ito played at much higher level, than her normal playing level, at the recent Swedish open.
Has she improved? It sure looks like that she has.

Should Wang Yidi meet Ito, Wang may find that the current Ito may be a very different Ito than she played last time in Bulgaria Open.

(Footnote:  Zhu Yuling previously played Ito Mima 3 times, Zhu won all 3, reference:  ITTF head-to-head.
                 But, Zhu lost badly to Ito in the recent Swedish Open.)

I emphasized *possibility*.  There are 16 potential slots, 2 of which would allow a potential match up in R32 or R16.  No question that Mima Ito has improved.  Would be interesting for Mima Ito as you always want to play someone who beat you before.  Another interesting encounter would be with SYS.  No matter which CNT player plays, every new encounter is different and should be fun to see.

Date Posted: 11/05/2018 at 10:49pm
I think younger CNT members have better chance against Ito than senior ones. WYD is damned fast. DN beat her in the Swedish Open mainly for her Tomahawk serves.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 4:36am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I think younger CNT members have better chance against Ito than senior ones. WYD is damned fast. DN beat her in the Swedish Open mainly for her Tomahawk serves.

In addition to being fast, WYD is powerfully built. But the key difference between WYD and ZYL in a matchup between them and Mima Ito is that WYD applies pressure and does a better job at creating angles than ZYL. ZYL may be the more talented player over all, but in a style matchup against ultra aggressive Mima Ito, I like WYD better. ZYL looked like a fish out of water whereas at least LSW and DN were competitive. With almost no time between tournaments, if ZYL and Mimma Ito play again, I would favor Mima Ito again. Mima Ito loves it when opponents play passively.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 8:21am
I Wonder what would be a match between Sun Yingsha and Ito Mima...Maybe the draw will end to this match….

-------------

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 8:47am
4 rounds of preliminary matches, that is just insane.

-------------

Posted By: pipboy76
Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 9:19am
Vladi surprisingly getting destroyed by an unknown german player

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 9:42am
With Zhu Yuling facing Ito Mima so soon after a lopsided defeat, it doesn't have enough time for Zhu to develop necessary skill/strategy to deal with Ito Mima's relentless short-pips attacks and Ito's speed: it will be very challenging for Zhu to pull off a revenge.  IMO.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

He's not unknown, he got to the German national final and lost to Timo. Also Vladi turning it around.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

He's not unknown, he got to the German national final and lost to Timo. Also Vladi turning it around.
I know. I was trying to delete the comment but can't find how.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 11:29am
Wang Chuqin was knocked out by Sathiyan.
1-4.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 12:27pm
deleted.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 1:31pm
Falck gone!

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 2:03pm

With Zhu Yuling facing Ito Mima so soon after a lopsided defeat, it doesn't have enough time for Zhu to develop necessary skill/strategy to deal with Ito Mima's relentless short-pips attacks and Ito's speed: it will be very challenging for Zhu to pull off a revenge.  IMO.

Good Opinion

-------------

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

Good Opinion

more or less depends on Ito

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 2:24pm

1-4.

And that's why he and a few other talented ones will be in the dirt for a long time in terms of getting opportunities and improving their rankings, I mean all respect to Sathiyan, he's an incredible player, he even took Tomokazu to 7 games in the Qatar Open or so( I'm not sure), but Wang Chuqin has to win these matches to both get a chance to play in the main draw for opportunities to fight the big 5 for titles and prove himself to the coaches, and also to improve his rankings,
He's currently ranked 103, when will he even be top 100??, when he's 20??, It's even more disappointing because he just wasted a privilege, he,Xue Fei and Zhou Kai are not supposed to play in this tournament because they lost in the qualification rounds in Sweden to foreigners, And I know the team sticks to this rule even if you're registered for 2 tournaments that directly follow each other in the same week, but the shock of Mima Ito's performance and the delirium it must have given the coaches probably didn't let them think about those that should be restricted to being training partners for this Austrian Open.

So a great opportunity just came around and he, Xue Fei( who's just not cut  for it, and only won the WjTTc last year cos he just overpowered all those kids) and Zhou Kai ( who I don't know why he still playing, I think he's even been demoted to the B Team now) just misused it and didn't take it, and probably for the next tournament in Hungary next year, they'll not be allowed to play

-------------

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 3:02pm
Wang Chuqin is top 20 standard so it's just poor from him the last few tournaments. He'll get more chances though. He's young enough.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 4:08pm

Wang Chuqin is top 20 standard so it's just poor from him the last few tournaments. He'll get more chances though. He's young enough.
=========
For a consecutive 2 tourneys, Wang Chuqin was unable to get to the Main Draw.

Because he is still young, he will get more opportunities to play. He had better to improve soon.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 4:59pm
Just looked at Nov 2018 ITTF ranking:

Gnanasekaran Sathiyan:   ITTF #35
Wang Chuqin:   ITTF #103

So, Sathiyan beat Chuqin is not an upset at all.  Then why Sathiyan was so happy as if it were an upset?

May be because Wang Chuqin is a promising rising junior player of China, also he won Gold in the Men's Singles event at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 6:40pm
Not an upset by ranking, but any time you beat a CNT member that's cause for celebration. Make no mistake. WCQ is very good. Beat him while you still can. Once he gets enough experience under his belt, it will be much harder.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 6:51pm

<font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Just looked at Nov 2018 ITTF ranking:
<font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">
<font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Gnanasekaran Sathiyan:   ITTF #35
<font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Wang Chuqin:   ITTF #103
<font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">So, Sathiyan beat Chuqin is not an upset at all.  Then why Sathiyan was so happy as if it were an upset?
<font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">May be because Wang Chuqin is a promising rising junior player of China, also h<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34;">e won Gold in the Men's Singles event at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina.</span>

Chinese rankings outside the top few are not reflective of ability. WCQ is top 20 ability, maybe top 10. No doubt he would have been strong bookies favourite for this match where any offering odds.

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 6:52pm
Not just experience. When FZD was out in 2013, he beat DM in the Germany Open 4:0 or 4:1 with dominant power. 

WCQ just does not look that promising, at all.

-------------

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 7:34pm

Not just experience. When FZD was out in 2013, he beat DM in the Germany Open 4:0 or 4:1 with dominant power. 

When ma long was 18 wasnt playing like wcq

Date Posted: 11/06/2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

When ma long was 18 wasnt playing like wcq

True, but Ma Long is the goat, and FZD will be among the goat when his career is over. They've set the bar so high that anything else looks like failure. It remains to be seen how WCQ's career will turn out, but at least give him a chance.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 2:55am
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

1-4.

It's even more disappointing because he just wasted a privilege, he,Xue Fei and Zhou Kai are not supposed to play in this tournament because they lost in the qualification rounds in Sweden to foreigners, And I know the team sticks to this rule even if you're registered for 2 tournaments that directly follow each other in the same week, but the shock of Mima Ito's performance and the delirium it must have given the coaches probably didn't let them think about those that should be restricted to being training partners for this Austrian Open.

They changed the policy a week ago - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19526-Austrian-Open-2018&p=248805&viewfull=1#post248805" rel="nofollow - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19526-Austrian-Open-2018&p=248805&viewfull=1#post248805

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 9:54am

Just looked at Nov 2018 ITTF ranking:
Gnanasekaran Sathiyan:   ITTF #35
Wang Chuqin:   ITTF #103
So, Sathiyan beat Chuqin is not an upset at all.  Then why Sathiyan was so happy as if it were an upset?
May be because Wang Chuqin is a promising rising junior player of China, also he won Gold in the Men's Singles event at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
======================

Gnanasekaran Sathiyan, after beating Wang Chuqin, went on to beat Pistej Lubomir and Jeong Sangeun.
Sathiyan advances to the Main Draw.

Have seen his name a few times before, but never knew he is that good.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 9:55am
Wang Yidi lost to Honoka Hashimoto.  There goes the possibility of Wang Yidi vs. Mima Ito matchup.  Sun Yingsha is still in the running though.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:03am
It will be interesting to see ...
R-32
Ishikawa-HE Zhuojia
Hirano-Hayata

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:15am

Wang Yidi lost to Honoka Hashimoto.  There goes the possibility of Wang Yidi vs. Mima Ito matchup.  Sun Yingsha is still in the running though.

Sun Yingsha advances to the Main Draw, she is in position 30.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:33am

Sun Yingsha advances to the Main Draw, she is in position 30.

Nice.  At least she'll have an opportunity to improve her ranking.

I see there are 2 JPN-JPN and 1 CHN-CHN match-ups in R32 of the the main draw.  I guess it's bound to happen when half of the players are either from China or Japan.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:50am
Mytt site has problems occasionally.
Not all the time, but from time to time - unable to connect to the site.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 1:54pm
Not sure if it has been posted earlier.

Ma Long withdrew from this Austrian Open.
(Previously he withdrew from the Swedish Open.)
==========

Just look at the Men's singles main draw.  He is in position 24.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 8:56pm
Most likely Zhu Yuling will meet Ito Mima in the quarter final.
(Don't think any of their opponents can take either one out.)

Zhu just doesn't have enough time to prepare to deal with Ito's relentless short-pips attacks, and Ito's super speed. Most likely Ito will win the match.

If so, Ito's next match (semi final) will be against either Chen Meng or Liu Shiwen.
If Ito should face Liu Shiwen, I think Liu Shiwen is likely to win. Liu's playing style is suitable to play Ito.

Only time will tell.

Date Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:12pm
I pick Mima Ito and WMY to make the finals. With back to back tournaments, it'll be tough to win twice so I pick WMY to win this one.

I'm also interested to see if SYS can beat DN in an int'l tournament. I think she will do it this time as I suspect the back to back tournaments will take a toll on DN.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 6:45am
My assesment is that Ito will be able to win against Zhu Yuling.

Ito will then run into either Chen Meng or Liu Shiwen in the top half.
If she runs into Chen Meng, the odds will be 50/50.
However, if she runs into Liu Shiwen, my money will be on Liu to win.

Then again no one thought Ito could take out 4 Chinese players, 3 of them are world top players, and won the Swedish Open.

All eyes will be on Ito Mima for this Austrian Open.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 7:10am

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 8:46am
Ishikawa is in deep trouble.
0-3 against He Zhoujia.
Table 2

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 8:48am
Ishikawa is getting wrecked right now

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 8:52am
Today is not Ishikawa's day, lost to He Zhoujia, 0-4.

Ishikawa has improved a lot in the past year, she just played poorly today.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:24am
Bernadette Szocs is battling Hitomi Sato 7th game on Table 3.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:31am
Bernadette did it!  12-10 in the 7th.  Falls to the ground in joy.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:33am
Szocs B. has improved a lot in the past year, but beating Sato Hitomi is undoubtly a great accomplishment.

What a great match, playing deuce in the 7th game.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:37am

Szocs B. has improved a lot in the past year, but beating Sato Hitomi is undoubtly a great accomplishment.

What a great match, playing deuce in the 7th game.

I guess the windows of the venue are shattered

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:42am
All eyes are on Ito Mima.  She is playing on Table 3 now.
She should not have any problems with her opponent in R-32 and R-16.

It will be interesting when she reaches the Quarter Final and play Zhu Yuling.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:46am
Wu Yang playing Chen X T, then Wu was injured. Match stopped.

Posted By: avova
Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:06am

Does losing a game 0-10 count as a problem? :)

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:18am
Zhou Qihao has been playing great recently, very impressive.
Is Zhou good enough to deal with Koki Niwa?

Table 4.

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by avova avova wrote:

Only if you lose a match - she won it 4:1 though. ;)

-------------
USATT: ~1870
Donic Defplay - AK47 blue - Dtecs OX

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:24am

Sun Yingsha also lost a set 11-1 against a much weaker player at the YOG but she went on to win to tournament so..

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:28am
MIMA IS JUST A HUMAN, DO NOT BLAME ON HER, PLEASE...    

Mima Ito is nor a kind of God nor a Herculesus Hero. He is just a little girl and she unable of heroic deeds so oftentimes.

Next time, 2020 Tokyo, I hope for.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:29am

[QUOTE=skip3119]Does losing a game 0-10 count as a problem? :)
====================
Ito Mima is a high risk player.
One can not win by playing safe against the top Chinese players.

Posted By: HuLimei
Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:41am

For that game yes but it also highlights her mental fortitude in the big picture. After getting destroyed 11-1 in that game she bounced back and won the match.
There's something about Ito where she gets 2-0'ed by Feng Tianwei, she catches up. She gets 2-0'ed by Ding Ning, she makes a comeback.
Her game is a high risk high reward style

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:13am

Table 4.
============
Oops, Zhou Qihao is gone.  Koki Niwa is just too strong for Zhou.
------------------------
Btw, Lin Gaoyuan is gone too.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:27am

Table 4.
============
------------------------

Zhou started playing a little annoyed today at the start of the 1st game

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:34am

Table 4.
============
------------------------
all we need now is WCT over LJK

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:52am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Table 4.
============
------------------------

Ranking wise WCT is higher than LJK so that would not technically be an upset. However, LJK beating WCT is technically an upset. and that's what happened... LJK beats WCT 4-2. Technically an upset but we all know how good LJK is.

Posted By: jackwong23
Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:54am

Table 4.
============
------------------------

Wct should swap ranking spot with
ljk.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:56am
Poor Liu Dingshuo. The guy can't catch a break.  Get's FZD in Sweden and XX in Austria in opening round of the main draw.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:58am

Table 4.
============
------------------------

Ranking wise WCT is higher than LJK so that would not technically be an upset. However, LJK beating WCT is technically an upset. and that's what happened... LJK beats WCT 4-2. Technically an upset but we all know how good LJK is.

Ljk would beat him 9 out of 10 times. So I don't think it is an upset at all.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:59am
Lin Yun-Ju is playing well on Table 2. (vs Dima)
Ahead in games, 3-1.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:01pm
Ruh-roh Dima. He beat Lin Jun Yu 4-1 last week.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:14pm

Ruh-roh Dima. He beat Lin Jun Yu 4-1 last week.

WOW! LJY takes out Dima 4-2!

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:14pm
Man, junior can improve fast.
Lin J Y just took out Dima, 4-2.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:19pm
Two things to take, Dima isn't quite back to 2017 level, also LJY is a savage and right up there as a prospect.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:22pm

Two things to take, Dima isn't quite back to 2017 level, also LJY is a savage and right up there as a prospect.

Yes, Taiwanese table tennis is in good
hands, chuang chih yuan can retire now.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:23pm
LSS loses from 3-1 up and also with 3 match points Vs JWJ in all Korean battle.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:27pm

LSS loses from 3-1 up and also with 3 match points Vs JWJ in all Korean battle.
Funny, same thing happened to WCT against JWJ at the Swedish Open.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:44pm
Not many audiences there. 

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:54pm
Polcanova got a great BH.
Sun Yingsha may be in a world of troubles.

Table 1.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:59pm

Polcanova got a great BH.
Sun Yingsha may be in a world of troubles.

Table 1.

SYS pulling herself together now.  Looks like a BMW in the background.  Do they win that Bimmer if they win the tournament LOL ?  That would be a nice incentive!

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:12pm
Earlier SYS looked playing poorly while Polcanova playing great.
Then the table turned, Polcanova played terrible.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:20pm
Jang Woojin always coming back from 3-1 down to win 11-9 or 12-10 in the 7th,AngryEvil Smile , BTW, Hina Hayata is looking faster and her hitting is so crispy

-------------

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:36pm
A really back and forth battle between Hina Hayata and Miu Hirano.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:43pm
WHY ITO MIMA SUPERIOR TO OTHER GIRLS BY FAR ?

MIMA ITO looks hefty, sturdy gal. This massive muscularity is a great advantage over all the other gals.

ITO's daily physical exersise is punching the "sand bag" vigorously, like a boxer. It is Japanese COACHING KNOWHOW, not so popular in China yet.      

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

WHY ITO MIMA SUPERIOR TO OTHER GIRLS BY FAR ?

MIMA ITO looks hefty, sturdy gal. This massive muscularity is a great advantage over all the other gals.

ITO's daily physical exersise is punching the "sand bag" vigorously, like a boxer. It is Japanese COACHING KNOWHOW, not so popular in China yet.      

Massive muscularity?  Uhm... look, I'm a huge fan of Mima Ito, but if Mima Ito and Cheng I Ching get into a boxing ring, I'm gonna have to take CIC.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 2:33pm
Timo Boll and Patrick Franziska in a tight one right now 1-1.  Timo won in the 7th at the Euro championships.  Let see how he and Patrick play this one out.

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 2:48pm

A really back and forth battle between Hina Hayata and Miu Hirano.

So sorry for Hayata Hina ...
The fall in the rating is growing ....Notable deductions for November and December 2017 ....And reserve points are small ...

12/2018-8498
1/2019-7531

Shocked

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:00pm
Timo Magic Boll....

-------------

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:01pm
so sad for Franziska, he had two match points yet he couldn't convert, I hate the confidence and stability that Timo has to always make this crazy comebacks, It's so annoying, This boy should win, I doubt if Franziska would ever beat Timo, the European Champs and this tournament, he had the win in his hands but he couldn't convert, he'll probably psychologically lose the match even before playing any time he meets Timo again

-------------

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:32pm
It's a shame. As much as i love Timo, Franziska played so well and really deserved to win. Especially after his tough loss at the ETTC against Timo..

Date Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:35pm
Don't know the points what these guys were talking about Franziska's deserving to win. If he lost, it means he is not good to beat TB in that match. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net