Print Page | Close Window

DIGNICS 05 at 104.99$ (Per butterfly Website)

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85283
Printed Date: 04/27/2024 at 11:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: DIGNICS 05 at 104.99$ (Per butterfly Website)
Posted By: taczkid
Subject: DIGNICS 05 at 104.99$ (Per butterfly Website)
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 8:27am
All, yesterday a friend of mine (jpenmaster) send me a screenshot as he found on Butterflyonline.com website of the NEW Dignics 05 rubber at 104.99$  I could not believe my eyes!!!
Even if this rubber plays on its own, I will not take a leap to even try it. I rather spend the same $$ for new Michelin tires for my car (same price).

Replies:
Posted By: ericd937
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 8:33am
Crazy expensive, butI'm sure lots of people will buy it. Hopefully one of them will let my test their setup. Thumbs Up

-------------
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 9:14am
No way I will pay more than $100 for ONE table tennis rubber. It´s insanity. Things have run out of control here.
That said, I can´t figure what could be the feeling of spending $210 for a pair of Dignics and get beat in the first tournament by someone using a pair of Palio AK47´s...

Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 9:53am
They need a premium price product so that tenergy looks cheap in comparison :p

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

No way I will pay more than $100 for ONE table tennis rubber. It´s insanity. Things have run out of control here.
That said, I can´t figure what could be the feeling of spending $210 for a pair of Dignics and get beat in the first tournament by someone using a pair of Palio AK47´s...

That feeling is absolutely awesome (I'm using AK47...)

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Same feeling like when HZM beat ryu using a 20$ raquet

Posted By: obesechopper
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Crazy expensive, butI'm sure lots of people will buy it. Hopefully one of them will let my test their setup. Thumbs Up

Are you kiddin? That kind of setup is only for looking at! LOL

Super ZLC with dignics on both sides, set it up on the fireplace and wait for the wife to come home 

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

LOL! I used to have that same amused feeling when I had a cheap LKT set up that I would beat club kids with speed glued Bryce and later on Tenergy.  Having a sword does not a Samurai make.  But eventually, the kids improve and they do learn to harness the built in speed glue effect of their rubbers and give me a beating.  That is really the beauty of table tennis.  You use what's best for you regardless of the cost.

And let's not celebrate He Zhi Wen too much.  For sure, he's a legend and he's done well with his cheap racket.  But eventually, at some stage in a tournament, he gets stopped by somebody.  I mean, who would you rather be? RSM who wins an Olympic gold medal and loses to HZW or HZW who beats an Olympic gold medalist but doesn't win anything? Nice serves though!

But back to Dignics, once Butterfly starts advertising that the pros are using Dignics, expect the sheep to follow.  When Tenergy was introduced (was it $70?), people had sticker shock but people eventually bought it.  It seems nowadays, with the introduction of ZLC and Super ZLC blades, people are becoming kinda numb with Butterfly's price increases.  I know I am.  I expect Dignics to settle in the $90-95 range and why would I not pay it if it's just a short little jump from Tenergy? But I have to be honest, the $40-50 range rubbers like Rakza and Rasanter series are looking mighty good right now Smile

Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

LOL! I used to have that same amused feeling when I had a cheap LKT set up that I would beat club kids with speed glued Bryce and later on Tenergy.  Having a sword does not a Samurai make.  But eventually, the kids improve and they do learn to harness the built in speed glue effect of their rubbers and give me a beating.  That is really the beauty of table tennis.  You use what's best for you regardless of the cost.

And let's not celebrate He Zhi Wen too much.  For sure, he's a legend and he's done well with his cheap racket.  But eventually, at some stage in a tournament, he gets stopped by somebody.  I mean, who would you rather be? RSM who wins an Olympic gold medal and loses to HZW or HZW who beats an Olympic gold medalist but doesn't win anything? Nice serves though!

But back to Dignics, once Butterfly starts advertising that the pros are using Dignics, expect the sheep to follow.  When Tenergy was introduced (was it $70?), people had sticker shock but people eventually bought it.  It seems nowadays, with the introduction of ZLC and Super ZLC blades, people are becoming kinda numb with Butterfly's price increases.  I know I am.  I expect Dignics to settle in the $90-95 range and why would I not pay it if it's just a short little jump from Tenergy? But I have to be honest, the $40-50 range rubbers like Rakza and Rasanter series are looking mighty good right now Smile

What I meant is that HZW needed a cheaper raquet to beat younger and better players

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 6:07pm
Greg Letts prophecy of Tenergy 105 he made in his bty parody vid has been FULLFILLED like a motor scooter.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 02/25/2019 at 10:56pm
Insane.

And at that price it should have a better name.

Posted By: speedy
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:13am
https://shop.butterflyonline.com/table-tennis-rubber-super-spin" rel="nofollow - https://shop.butterflyonline.com/table-tennis-rubber-super-spin

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 2:13am

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Posted By: FruitLoop
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:28am
Only if someone let's me but no one I know will be getting it including international players, some with a bigbig butter discount due to sponsorship.

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Are you kiddin? That kind of setup is only for looking at! LOL

Super ZLC with dignics on both sides, set it up on the fireplace and wait for the wife to come home 
it might not work unless you post the $$$$ with setup as the wife will not know the insane price tag

Posted By: koshkin
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:42am
As is always the case, the market will determine if the price is justified.

A sheet of Tenergy 05 lasts me almost double of what MX-S that I played with before used to last.  In other words, T05 costs me about the same in real dollars as MX-S did or close to it.  Dignics will be a little more expensive, but if it lasts me around six months, which is similar to what T05 lasts, the cost of it is in the noise.  I spend more money on coffee.

In other words, I'l buy a sheet and see if I like it more than T05.  Price is not a deterrent if the durability is on par with Tenergies.

ILya

-------------
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05

Posted By: mentortt
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:34pm
Compared to tournament fees and big travel costs, this sheet cost is nothing. But we need to know, is this new rubber worthy it or not? We are very happy with Tenergy 80 FX so far. Hope several early testers can provide some suggestions.

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

A sheet of Tenergy 05 lasts me almost double of what MX-S that I played with before used to last.  In other words, T05 costs me about the same in real dollars as MX-S did or close to it.  Dignics will be a little more expensive, but if it lasts me around six months, which is similar to what T05 lasts, the cost of it is in the noise.  I spend more money on coffee.

In other words, I'l buy a sheet and see if I like it more than T05.  Price is not a deterrent if the durability is on par with Tenergies.

ILya

Does T05 at half-life play similar to Rozena? Or is Rozena more like T80 at half-life?

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 1:10pm
Extended durability over T05 is actually a selling point of D05.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 2:14pm
What a horrible name for a table tennis rubber!

I suppose there's no review yet? 
In any case....I'll pass Butterfly, thank you very much!

FdT.

Posted By: patelaaaa
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 6:21pm
Predicting future of Butterfly rubbers in 2020: 
Introducing Butterfly Dumfac 05 with SpringSponge XXX
Barameters: Spin 5000%, Speed 7000%, Deception 10000%(sticker price LOL)
Price: Only $500 

Players: Shut up and take my money
Clap

Posted By: skip3119
Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by patelaaaa patelaaaa wrote:

Predicting future of Butterfly rubbers in 2020: 
Introducing Butterfly Dumfac 05 with SpringSponge XXX
Barameters: Spin 5000%, Speed 7000%, Deception 10000%(sticker price LOL)
Price: Only $500 

Players: Shut up and take my money
Clap

======================
Great post.

Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

ILya

Does T05 at half-life play similar to Rozena? Or is Rozena more like T80 at half-life?

It is always greippier than Rozena, even at half life.

Ilya

-------------
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05

Date Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:15pm
In my opinion, Rozena plays like a muted version of T80. Slower, less spinny, less durable. Rozena has some catapult feeling out of the box, but not so much as T80. Rozena is also more susceptible to problems relating to moisture and slippage on the topsheet. Most people would be better off playing with Baracuda than Rozena if for some reason (too fast, too expensive, too much catapult) you didn't want to use T80.

-------------

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:07pm
speaking of high prices....wow.....just....wow....

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:14pm

I spend more money on coffee.

you can save this money if you will make coffee at home :)

Posted By: jackwong23
Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

speaking of high prices....wow.....just....wow....

what a rip off.DeadDead

Posted By: igorponger
Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 2:23pm
EGYPT IS SOME PARADISE ON the Eath.

You can purchase T05 in Cairo sports centre at 40 USD.   Butterfly pricing greed is varying from country to country amazingly.

Posted By: FruitLoop
Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 7:31pm
Wonder what the cheapest local tenergy price is. Nigeria maybe? What's it go for there? SEA somewhere? 

Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 9:32pm
Standard price for Tenergy Vietnam is vnd1,400,000 which is about 64usd. if you know the shop owner or a coach you can get about 5 bucks off. 

A higher level player than myself once told me that Tenergy in lower priced markets isn't actually as good as Tenergy bought in higher priced places. Is that true?

-------------

Posted By: anubhav1984
Date Posted: 02/27/2019 at 10:10pm

Standard price for Tenergy Vietnam is vnd1,400,000 which is about 64usd. if you know the shop owner or a coach you can get about 5 bucks off. 

A higher level player than myself once told me that Tenergy in lower priced markets isn't actually as good as Tenergy bought in higher priced places. Is that true?

Never saw any noticeable difference between the ones that I purchased from US (higher priced market) and the one purchased from China/Hong Kong/Singapore.

-------------
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided

Posted By: chop4ever
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 12:40am
100 of frozen deer velvet costs 50AUD.
100grs of Panax Gingseng costs 100AUD
Plus some different precious rare herbal cost me 100AUD
3 lits of Wild Turkey is 150AUD
Then I have a super power juice (3000ml) for 400AUD, similar to a SZLC blade. When I drink 10ml heaven juice, then I feel there is no difference from a $50 blade with H3 in comparison to $600 bat.

-------------
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster

Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:28am

ILya

Dont know a tenergy user that claims that tenergy last more.than cheaper rubbers only a dude who is a pushblocker and only use tenergy to serve

Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:34am

ILya

Dont know a tenergy user that claims that tenergy last more.than cheaper rubbers only a dude who is a pushblocker and only use tenergy to serve

I am a power looper.  Tenergy 05 is consistent and lasts longer for me than any ESN rubber I have tried to date.  I have tried different Chinese rubbers, but no two sheets played the same and durability was all over the place.  Some lasted 3-4 months and others died after a week.  My time has value too.  Replacing rubbers takes time so the less I have to it the better.

ILya

-------------
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:39am

ILya

Count me as one. In my experience, Tenergy definitely retains its original playing characteristics for a  longer time than MX-P and Stiga Mantra.

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:41am
I play T80 on my forehand. It for sure lasts longer than most ESN rubber. Most of the ESN rubbers only last one or two months, especially the newer ESN stuff.  Tenergy lasts at least 3 or 4 months unboosted. After three months I can start boosting it and get at least another 3 months out of it. The only durability issue with Tenergy is chipping and deterioration around the edge of the rubber. Also, with a lot of the new ESN rubbers, I have a big problem with shrinkage. If your ESN rubber happens to come off and you need to reattach it, its always too small. After the shrinkage, it plays much worse as well. 

-------------

Posted By: chop4ever
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 5:22am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

100 of frozen deer velvet costs 50AUD.
100grs of Panax Gingseng costs 100AUD
Plus some different precious rare herbal cost me 100AUD
3 lits of Wild Turkey is 150AUD
Then I have a super power juice (3000ml) for 400AUD, similar to a SZLC blade. When I drink 10ml heaven juice, then I feel there is no difference from a $50 blade with H3 in comparison to $600 bat.
if drinking the reviver makes me write beautiful stuff like that I want to try too! LOL
Oopps sorry for my bad grammar writing...(maybe because of consuming too much Getafix's potion...)
I have counted my vote in.
There are some good points in Tenergy however it doesn't make me the great player.
in my level, what I actually need is a reliable bat that helps me to be confident in the final match of an Open tournament.
In order to come to the grand final, I need more energy drinks...

-------------
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:23pm

Also, with a lot of the new ESN rubbers, I have a big problem with shrinkage. If your ESN rubber happens to come off and you need to reattach it, its always too small. After the shrinkage, it plays much worse as well. 

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Also, with a lot of the new ESN rubbers, I have a big problem with shrinkage. If your ESN rubber happens to come off and you need to reattach it, its always too small. After the shrinkage, it plays much worse as well. 

"They shrink?!" Big smile

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:58pm
Never had any shrinkage with Tenergy or MXP rubbers... maybe I don't glue them correctly LOL

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:14pm
my Vega Pro and Vega Euro don't shrink

Posted By: taczkid
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:39pm
Every rubber will shrink if you or someone will glue your rubbers incorrectly by rolling them with a roller/bottle hand etc and cutting them perfectly flushed with edge of the blade. Such way of gluing stretches the rubber so once you remove glue it will go back to its UN-Sctretched shape, unless u roll it like before u will have visible blade areas....
Also same happens to those players that buy rubber then they boos it first without cutting it to shape of the blade first. So they boost it, then they glue it then they cut it. After booster wears off the rubber starts shrinking to original shape....LOL

Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

my Vega Pro and Vega Euro don't shrink

That is correct. Not every ESN rubber experiences this problem. I'm currently playing Baracuda on my backhand, it doesn't shrink at all. Its worse with the newer generation of ESN rubbers. Gewo Nexxus shrinks like crazy. 

...and to the point about not rolling and stretching your rubbers... Yes, i get that. I know not to roll the rubbers on so firmly as it stretches them. Gewo Nexxus and Rasanter for sure still shrink significantly even put on softly. Someone mentioned MX-P, I haven't tried it. 

-------------

Posted By: patelaaaa
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:31pm
Interesting. Strange that Palio AK47 keeps expanding when ever I try to change it from blade to blade. However, the sponge expanded to an extent that rubber lost its properties and no longer bouncy. Being said, one of the EJ players at the club suggested that to avoid such shrinkage, don't roll the rubber aggressively when you attach it to a blade for the first time. Just put slight pressure while rolling just enough to rubber stick to the blade. Ofcourse, it might also depend on the quality of glue used and how long it has been aired before getting it on to the blade. I use regular elmer rubber cement , 2 layers on the new/old rubber, air it for about 5-8 mins prior to putting it on the blade

Posted By: anubhav1984
Date Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by patelaaaa patelaaaa wrote:

Interesting. Strange that Palio AK47 keeps expanding when ever I try to change it from blade to blade. However, the sponge expanded to an extent that rubber lost its properties and no longer bouncy. Being said, one of the EJ players at the club suggested that to avoid such shrinkage, don't roll the rubber aggressively when you attach it to a blade for the first time. Just put slight pressure while rolling just enough to rubber stick to the blade. Ofcourse, it might also depend on the quality of glue used and how long it has been aired before getting it on to the blade. I use regular elmer rubber cement , 2 layers on the new/old rubber, air it for about 5-8 mins prior to putting it on the blade

I usually lay the sheet on the blade first and then start rolling from the Top of the Head to the handle. This way, even if the roll has any forward stretch, it won't cause the sheet to be stretched out when being stuck fresh. 

I have rarely had problems with rubber shrinkage but I know for a fact that MX-P, Rasant series and Rasanter series do tend to shrink. So do some of the other ESN rubbers. 

Even with me being extra cautious in not rolling it outwards, instead rolling it inwards, I have seen these rubbers shrink but I always use a thin layer of booster to get them back to the original size. 

-------------
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net