Print Page | Close Window

Dr. Neubauer Grand Master (blade)

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85713
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 4:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dr. Neubauer Grand Master (blade)
Posted By: tommyzai
Subject: Dr. Neubauer Grand Master (blade)
Date Posted: 04/13/2019 at 11:32pm
First Impressions (also posted on OOAK Forum as they are pip/blocker enthusiasts) . . . 

For blockers and darksiders . . . 

So far, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I haven't felt excitement over a blade in a while. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to it . . . seems like two gears or maybe it's just two strokes . . . balls die and drop short in gear #1. Once I adjusted to the amount of effort, this was extremely effected. In short, more balls landed on the table . . . way less errors long. Yet, when I needed to put a ball away, it did not come back. I feel like the amount of dwell/flex was just enough to provide feel for up-close and personal shots AND provided a bit of catapult for mid-distance and/or put-away shots. Do to my physical disability, I tend to rely heavily on quick wrist shots as opposed to graceful full-body shots a la loops. Grand Master seems to suit my game perfectly. I've always been a fan of Dr N gear and have owned many of his/their blades, included the mighty "Special", a couple combination blades, and Firewall Plus. They are all sweet, but I'm finding that the thick balsa blades don't suit my game as much as the thinner counterparts. 

Disclaimer: The blade was equipped with Killer on FH (SP) and Trouble Maker on BH (LP). I am not 100% sure what attributes to attribute to the blade vs rubbers as it was the first time playing with all them.

Expertly sealed by me using AFM's Safecoat Poly in Matte

-------------
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]

Replies:
Posted By: Dr.Cho
Date Posted: 04/14/2019 at 8:27pm
Tommy,

If you find you like the Neubauer stuff, You should check out the Rendler line!

Rendler  is the brand that makes most if not all Neubauer blades.

Very similar and some more advanced.

Dr Cho

Date Posted: 04/14/2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

Tommy,

Dr Cho

Thanks, Doc. I'll check out Rendler. Yet, Carsten has been wonderful to me over the years so I feel a sense of loyalty. 

-------------

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 11:34am

Tommy,

Dr Cho
That is incorrect I'm afraid as only the Dr. N blades with the very thick balsa core are made by Rendler. These are only very few of his earlier blades. Most of recent years (and that's quite a few!) blades do not use any, or if only a thin, balsa core and are not made by Rendler.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 3:20pm
I know Rendler made lots of Neubauer blades with thick balsa cores.

Also for the last 4 or 5 years Rendler also made lots of non thick varying types of blades non balsa

Rendler also has unique technology that they didn't incorporate into Neubauer blades they made.

Tommy could ask Carston but don't know if it would be something they would want to disclose.

Rendler is a superior product but not as well known in the USA.

Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 4:10pm

Also for the last 4 or 5 years Rendler also made lots of non thick varying types of blades non balsa
Since when does Rendler make non thick non balsa blades?

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 4:59pm
They've been making them for at least 4-5 Years

They started out making blades for people who had shoulder and  elbow injuries or physical disability's 
Hence the Balsa for lightweight and vibrational qualities.

Several combo type blades with balsa on one side too
Look up Re-Impact or Rendler.

Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 5:13pm

Several combo type blades with balsa on one side too
Look up Re-Impact or Rendler.
I'm very familiar with Re-Impact and also the few blades they made for Dr. N, however I have not seen a single blade they have made (double checked today on their website) WITHOUT balsa.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 5:42pm
How bout Taipan.. Mephisto... Taipan Delta.... and... Katana

All No Balsa

There might be more if you want to check 

Neubauer might be ok...EXPENSIVE

Its like Neubauer sells Leopard short pips (43.00) is the exact same rubber as friendship 802-40 (15.00)

Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 6:19pm

How bout Taipan.. Mephisto... Taipan Delta.... and... Katana

All No Balsa
That's incorrect! For Taipan (and its off shoots) you are correct but the other blades you mentioned contain balsa though not necessarily very thick. Just check the Re-Impact website.

-------------

Posted By: nachalnik
Date Posted: 04/15/2019 at 9:47pm
BTW, I have a brand new Grandmaster with the Troublemaker on it. If anyone wants it, I’ll sell for a fraction of what I paid.

Date Posted: 04/16/2019 at 1:29pm
Great so I was right .. Rendler does make non balsa blades!

Whew.. Rendler: ORIGINATIOR Superior products

Neubauer: the reseller of other peoples manufacturing

No thanks for the troublemaker I believe I have one.

Date Posted: 04/16/2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by nachalnik nachalnik wrote:

BTW, I have a brand new Grandmaster with the Troublemaker on it. If anyone wants it, I’ll sell for a fraction of what I paid.

I PM'd you. ;-)

-------------

Date Posted: 04/16/2019 at 3:13pm

Great so I was right .. Rendler does make non balsa blades!

Whew.. Rendler: ORIGINATIOR Superior products

Neubauer: the reseller of other peoples manufacturing

No thanks for the troublemaker I believe I have one.

Dr. Cho,
I'm grateful for your comments and suggestions . . . I will check out the Rendler line, but I'm starting to wonder you work for Rendler and/or have an issue with Dr. Neubauer. ;-0
Tommy Zai

-------------

Posted By: Przemas
Date Posted: 05/09/2021 at 5:07pm
Is the grand master a soft board? I play tibhar smash (4 layers ayous) and wonder if it's a similar board
?

Posted By: AcudaDave
Date Posted: 05/09/2021 at 11:59pm
Come on guys...everyone knows that Dr. Neubauer blades are made by the Wood-Elves of Mirkwood! Once they complete a blade they add a special enchantment to it to give the blade it's special powers!

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Date Posted: 05/10/2021 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Przemas Przemas wrote:

Is the grand master a soft board? I play tibhar smash (4 layers ayous) and wonder if it's a similar board
?

It's been a while since I held one in my hands . . . and I've become feeble. Sorry, I cannot remember. ;-(

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net