Print Page | Close Window

Spinniest Rubber for Serves is _____!

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85976
Printed Date: 04/25/2024 at 10:37pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Spinniest Rubber for Serves is _____!
Posted By: tommyzai
Subject: Spinniest Rubber for Serves is _____!
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 2:34pm
What is the spinniest rubber for serves? I'm talking about serious ball rotation that causes anxiety and fear for opponents. ;-)

-------------
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]

Replies:
Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 2:36pm
IDK, but T05 set the standard for me.

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 4:29pm
I'll grant this is subjective.
 I can only answer from my own experience.
 DHS Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge is fantastic at this. Better at it than a whole bunch of rubbers I   tried, including Tenergy 05.

FdT

Posted By: AmiciSumus
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 4:49pm
I use Rasant Grip ... But they dont make them anymore ...

-------------
Xiom Ice Cream AZXi FL
- FH ALC: Butterfly Dignics 2.1 Red
- BH ZLC: Butterfly Dignics 2.1 Black

Xiom Ice Cream AZXi FL
- FH ALC: Adidas P7 Max Red
- BH ZLC: Rasanter R53 2.0 Black

Posted By: assam
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 4:52pm
Any good chinese rubber.
For fast serves european/japanese are better

Posted By: hunkeelin
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 5:37pm
dignics 05

-------------
USATT: Current 2139 as of 11/2019

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 5:47pm
Hurricane rubbers have crazy spin, much more than any grippy rubber!

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Posted By: Slowhand
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 6:28pm
Tacky > grippy. For grippy rubbers, D05 > T05 > MXS > all the others I've tried.

Posted By: smackman
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 7:30pm
Dignics 05 pro

-------------
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Posted By: ericd937
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

What is the spinniest rubber for serves? I'm talking about serious ball rotation that causes anxiety and fear for opponents. ;-)

Honestly, once you get past intermediate and well into advanced level or higher, no serves cause fear and anxiety. At higher levels you don't often win points outright with the serve. Its more about setting up the third ball. 

-------------
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Honestly, once you get past intermediate and well into advanced level or higher, no serves cause fear and anxiety. At higher levels, you don't often win points outright with the serve. It's more about setting up the third ball.  

True. It's about setting up for the 3rd ball. Very few pros teed off on Ma Lin's serve. They often brushed or pushed back, which enabled Ma's 3rd ball attack. I'm not expecting to ace advanced players, but I'd sure like to set them up for the KILL! One thing I've finally come to realize about this sport . . . making the opponent uncomfortable is the key to success. Crazy spinny serves with good placement will make most players uneasy. 

-------------

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Honestly, once you get past intermediate and well into advanced level or higher, no serves cause fear and anxiety. At higher levels, you don't often win points outright with the serve. It's more about setting up the third ball.  

True. It's about setting up for the 3rd ball. Very few pros teed off on Ma Lin's serve. They often brushed or pushed back, which enabled Ma's 3rd ball attack. I'm not expecting to ace advanced players, but I'd sure like to set them up for the KILL! One thing I've finally come to realize about this sport . . . making the opponent uncomfortable is the key to success. Crazy spinny serves with good placement will make most players uneasy. 

It depends on how high your serving level is with your opponent's serve receive level. Even Harimoto ate An's serves for breakfast during the WTTC... Btw I believe An is also using H3 national rubber for his FH!

For me the key is an extremely spinny, fear inducing backspin serve, if you have that then your sidetopspin and no spin serves are gonna give you a lot of sweet popups to finish!

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Posted By: DLC1325
Date Posted: 05/08/2019 at 10:37pm
TG2 Neo or MX-S for me. 

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75309" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 12:05am
It all depends on how you strike the ball (on serves), some strokes are optimised for non-tacky rubbers, some for tacky rubbers. For me it's Joola Golden Tango or Victas 401.

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 12:33am
IMHO the real answer to you question is ... any modern rubber.  If you have advanced serves and know not only the basics but understand nuances , i.e. why, when, where, how.. placement, spin, speed on serves. you would cause some serious anxiety and fear regardless of what rubber you use. Some of our coaches train (as in teach) with worn rubbers and they can produce unreal spin even with those. Not only spin but also deception, so if you misread their serve just a tiny little bit - it pops up for an easy loop. At highest levels many people often serve deceptive no spin while trying to emulate heavy under motion. Being able to serve super heavy under is important, only to serve light under/no spin a couple serves later Big smile

I would suggest to read a couple books written by one of our coaches, Larry Hodges... Serving is an art and honestly the rubber doesn't matter as much as the skill.

Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 12:44am
Improved technique will certainly help, but that can be enhanced by the rubber. Hence, this thread! ;-)

-------------

Posted By: Kolev
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 4:55am
From my arsenal of rubbers the TG3 Neo clearly stands out while serving. I am sure with H3 will be even better

-------------
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

From my arsenal of rubbers the TG3 Neo clearly stands out while serving. I am sure with H3 will be even better

Years back I did a detailed comparison of DHS rubbers, and from what I remember:

TG2 was similar to H3
TG3 was similar to H2

The options have expanded over the years . . . Neo, Blue Turbo Sponge, Pro, Provincial, National, etc.

-------------

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 2:25pm

Improved technique will certainly help, but that can be enhanced by the rubber. Hence, this thread! ;-)

Practice is orders of magnitude more important than the rubber. 

I do not understand how tacky rubbers are more spinny that grippy ones with good sponge. It is all I can do to get a chinese tacky rubber to clear the net it I graze it correctly. (I do not boost). I get much better spin by engaging the sponge on non-tacky rubber. My experience. 

Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 2:53pm
Why not do both? Practice/Train/Skill-build AND get best rubber for serves.

-------------

Posted By: hunkeelin
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 2:59pm
Don't know why people say tacky rubber serve is more spinnier than grippy rubber. The dignics 05 is the current king in terms of serve spin. Unless you can get a real h3 national (h3 national is actually not that tacky it's more grippy than tacky).

Any about people saying t05 serve have spin? LOLOLOLOL

-------------
USATT: Current 2139 as of 11/2019

Posted By: ThePongProfessor
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 4:31pm
Tacky Chinese rubbers by a mile, at least the way I serve... 

-------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/feedback-thepongprofessor_topic69419.html" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

Tacky Chinese rubbers by a mile, at least the way I serve... 

For grippy rubbers, most will probably say Tenergy or its clones.
For tacky rubbers, what would you suggest? So far, there's a lot of praise for H3 and TG2. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 8:23pm
I decided to buy a 39º Blue Sponge H3 Neo from  http://mytabletennis.net/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=35957" rel="nofollow - Robin.w . Compared to eBay and other online options, his price and service is the best!

-------------

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 10:44pm

I decided to buy a 39º Blue Sponge H3 Neo from  http://mytabletennis.net/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=35957" rel="nofollow - Robin.w . Compared to eBay and other online options, his price and service is the best!

Be careful with this double-edged sword.. yes, this thing will be wicked spinny when new. Your serves will likely have more spin. Howerver, it will also be ridiculously sensitive when you receive serves. Just be careful committing to something like this.. test it and take your time

Date Posted: 05/09/2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Be careful with this double-edged sword.. yes, this thing will be wicked spinny when new. Your serves will likely have more spin. However, it will also be ridiculously sensitive when you receive serves. Just be careful committing to something like this.. test it and take your time

Thanks for the warning. Agreed. In this sport, if you get one thing, you sacrifice another. Many of the blade/rubber ratings are deceiving. How can something rate:  Speed = 10, Spin = 10, Control - 10? I mean, if the thing is crazy fast and/or spinny, how can it also have great control? Yeah, a spinny rubber will be sensitive to spin. That's where my LP on BH will have to help out.

-------------

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Be careful with this double-edged sword.. yes, this thing will be wicked spinny when new. Your serves will likely have more spin. Howerver, it will also be ridiculously sensitive when you receive serves. Just be careful committing to something like this.. test it and take your time

Also you have to deal with all the spin coming back on the third ball. Makes it hard to follow up that serve.

-------------
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 12:22am
Grippy loose grip fast whip serve rubber does it for me... I don't care if it is H3 or Aurus, I'm gunna get my heavy spin when I want it... and next to no spin when I pull the rug.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Posted By: DonnOlsen
Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 8:31am
Hi,

I have forgotten: In this context, is stickiness a synonym for tackiness or gripiness?

Thanks,

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Posted By: YoAss
Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 9:59am
I'd say sticky and tacky are synonyms.

Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

Sticky and Tacky mean almost the same thing; however, I would say sticky is stickier. Yet, with regard to top sheets, I think the terms Tacky (sticky) and Grippy make more sense . . .

TACKY:  I began my table tennis career playing with DHS P4. I could pick up a ball and hold it upside down indefinitely. In fact, it actually worked as flypaper . . . while in Guangdong where it's hot and humid . . . mosquitos would often get stuck to it. I needed to keep a towel nearby to wipe wipe wipe. THAT IS STICKY!!

GRIPPY:  From Mark V/Sriver to Bryce to Tenergy . . . most Euro/Jap rubbers won't catch bugs. They are more like automobile tires that have traction. They can grip, but won't hold on.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:23pm

Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

Sticky and Tacky mean almost the same thing; however, I would say sticky is stickier. Yet, with regard to top sheets, I think the terms Tacky (sticky) and Grippy make more sense . . .

TACKY:  I began my table tennis career playing with DHS P4. I could pick up a ball and hold it upside down indefinitely. In fact, it actually worked as flypaper . . . while in Guangdong where it's hot and humid . . . mosquitos would often get stuck to it. I needed to keep a towel nearby to wipe wipe wipe. THAT IS STICKY!!

GRIPPY:  Since Mark V/Sriver to Bryce to Tenergy . . . most Euro/Jap rubbers won't catch bugs. They are more like automobile tires that have traction. They can grab, but won't hold on.

-------------

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:31pm
I agree tommyzai. Tacky is a term that's often mixed up with grippy... even some of the manufacturers use the term tacky when in fact it's really only grippy. So I tend to use only the terms grippy or sticky, so there is no confusion.

Going back to the question of spinny rubbers for serves, I tend to get significantly more spin if the topsheet is relatively soft. That's why I get more spin from Golden Tango or Victas 401, compared to Hurricane 3, whose topsheet is harder. For loops h3 gets tons of spin though, but it's not as spinny for serves (for my technique).

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Posted By: nachalnik
Date Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:38pm
I used to play with the Rasant Beat and thought I won’t be able to find anything better for serves. I was wrong. Yasaka Shining Dragon. This thing is really good. Japanese sponge with the Chinese top. Not fast and incredibly spinny.

Posted By: darucla
Date Posted: 05/11/2019 at 9:56am
Three Sword Leap is the tackiest rubber I've tried.  And according to the ads, it's better than H3 National Blue Sponge Wink. It is very hard though, and requires more effort than H3 to land a winner.  Might be useful for training your strength, and very cheap.

Posted By: KomiTTa
Date Posted: 05/11/2019 at 7:40pm
Tommyzai, instead of going through my memories as a server , I am mentioning my experiences as a receiver when I was surprised with the amount of spin on the serves,  so much so, that I had urge to ask my opponents afterwards what rubber they were using. To avoid redundancy I am skipping some already mentioned rubbers and new to list, are:
-R47 UltraMax -though served by former pro, January 2019 made it in Japan top 16 
-Acuda S2 - couldn't believe when I was told, so I asked, if I could have a look, and got explanation that his forearms were strong and used wrist snap while serving 
-Genesis II M
-Mark V - after my disbelief, I asked the guy, if he boosted, treated or if any SpeedGlue used, he said: "Actually it is factory pre assembled, Ma Lin Carbon, racquet by Yasaka", Whaaat!!!, and he handed it to me if I wanna look. 
-Vega Pro
-MX-P
-Nittaku H3 Turbo Orange, when served fast diagonally with sidespin, it was crazy curving in the air

Posted By: DLC1325
Date Posted: 05/12/2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by KomiTTa KomiTTa wrote:

Tommyzai, instead of going through my memories as a succesful server , I am mentioning my experiences as a receiver when I was surprised so much wiith the amount of spin on serves, that I had urge to ask my oponents afterwards what rubber they were using. Well, to avoid redundancy I am skipping some well known and already mentioned. New additions to the list, in order of surprise effect on me are,
-Mark V, after my disbelief, I asked the guy, if he boosted, treated or any SpeedGlue used, he said: "Actually it is factory preassembled Ma Lin Carbon, racquet by Yasaka", Whaaat!!!, and he handed it to me if I wanna look. 

These stories are my favorite. There’s a guy at my club with what is probably a 20 year old 1.8 rubber and his serves are nasty. 

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75309" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: bozbrisvegas
Date Posted: 08/14/2022 at 7:55am
Not every rubber can produce the same spin to speed ratio.  Period.  And you should add to that the blade, because everything will add to dwell or its opposite.  Of course technique is key... dam you can spin up with pimples even... and a beginner could use the spinniest ever rubber and have hardly any spin in their game but instead nightmares of keeping it on the table.

I think the softest sponged tacky rubber like H3-50 would trump any of the grippy ones for spin to speed ratio.

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQgNPkpILsg&list=PL9V-XUSPJgk-loYl2zRhQZ29lsAK7tdLX" rel="nofollow - Watch me playing TT

Posted By: Twiddler
Date Posted: 08/14/2022 at 10:10am
Dignics 09C

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net