Print Page | Close Window

Best low cost Hurricane for boosting?

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86320
Printed Date: 03/29/2024 at 1:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best low cost Hurricane for boosting?
Posted By: ericd937
Subject: Best low cost Hurricane for boosting?
Date Posted: 07/03/2019 at 2:25am
So, I'm thinking about giving boosted Hurricane a go but I don't really want to invest too much money. If I like it, I can go for a provincial version on the next purchase. I intend to boost it with Reviver Phoenix. This would be on the for the forehand.  

So, Which one:
Hurricane H3-50
Skyline TG 3 60
Hurricane 3 NEO 
Hurricane 3
Hurricane 8 (Slightly more expensive, but the local shop has it on-sale for -30%)

-------------
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Replies:
Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 07/03/2019 at 2:37am
Hurricane 3 Neo

Posted By: Leftstudio
Date Posted: 07/03/2019 at 4:56am
Eric I sent  you a PM!

-------------
No signature required

Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 07/03/2019 at 10:40am
H3N or mercury 2 hard.

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 07/03/2019 at 11:05am
I think Chop's boosters are not supposed to soften the rubber so you will have to take that into acct

Date Posted: 07/03/2019 at 12:12pm
No, they don't soften the rubbers at all unless you way over boost it. 

-------------

Posted By: chop4ever
Date Posted: 07/04/2019 at 1:08am
Well, actually my Revivers are specially making for "DHS rubbers in VN" because they are all soft and slow.

-------------
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster

Date Posted: 07/04/2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Well, actually my Revivers are specially making for "DHS rubbers in VN" because they are all soft and slow.
please explain what you mean by all soft (slow I agree). I feel the DHS H3 for eg. is quite hard

Date Posted: 07/04/2019 at 9:51am
Well, I went with Hurricane 3 Neo. I removed the glue layer. So far I've done two applications of Reviver Phoenix. The rubber is good a domed. Just waiting for it to relax a bit before I put it on. 

-------------

Date Posted: 07/04/2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

please explain what you mean by all soft (slow I agree). I feel the DHS H3 for eg. is quite hard

Because it has been exported to Canada or US continent.

-------------
Falco is not a booster

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 07/04/2019 at 11:18pm

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Because it has been exported to Canada or US continent.

Any store in US?

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 1:22am
chop4ever, have you thought about selling packages? something like 3 h3 commercial rubbers and 1 little bottle of reviver to pump them up (don't say boosting ok? Big smile)?
I am asking because you told us before commercial is as good as it gets if you choose it well. There is value in being certain that we get a nice h3 commercial, we customers are ready to pay a premium to be sure of that. Any h3 rubber you would choose arguably might be somewhere between a random commercial h3 and a random provincial h3. With you we'd get something consistent, better than the worst provincial, as good as the best commercial, but you would charge us less than the provincial price; then there is the reviver to make things blurry price wise: do I buy good h3? do I buy good reviver? do I buy a good combo where the whole is greater than the sum of the 2? do I buy an upgraded game? all that blurriness helps jacking the price up and getting away with it. I know you'd play with it (who would not?) in the limits of the reasonable and the result is even paying a bit more, people arrive at positive results faster and cheaper overall than if they choose to experiment on their own.
You can even think about adding your special glue to that package; and maybe the "pre-revived" (previved?) service, one of the 3 h3 you sell them is already "previved", vived in advanceBig smile.

This is fun stuff to talk about!

Your problem is the shipping of course. From where you are it is so much harder. You need to find people you can trust I guess. They receive a stock of reviver, special glue and h3 in gross and they ship packages, send you a cut. In such an easy model, I bet you could keep all your sources safe. The only pb that could arise is when a reseller just sells its own crap at your price lol. It's very hard to come around that one, we know it will happen LOL.

Good luck!

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 5:12am
How is one to obtain a good sheet of commercial H3 vs a bad sheet of commercial H3? 

-------------

Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

How is one to obtain a good sheet of commercial H3 vs a bad sheet of commercial H3? 
can't be sure unless you can visually (if that helps) inspect it before

Posted By: fmarek
Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 10:15am

I go for blue older package like here:  https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/images/products/54d12e6644937_full.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/images/products/54d12e6644937_full.jpg

I noticed that tackiness of red sheets is very durable. Lasts longer than black in "new" package  https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB18DGDg46I8KJjy0Fgq6xXzVXaQ/New-version-DHS-Hurricane-3-Control-Loop-Pips-in-Table-Tennis-PingPong-Rubber-With-Sponge-2.jpg_640x640.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB18DGDg46I8KJjy0Fgq6xXzVXaQ/New-version-DHS-Hurricane-3-Control-Loop-Pips-in-Table-Tennis-PingPong-Rubber-With-Sponge-2.jpg_640x640.jpg

Btw, I haven't noticed any "bad" H3 commercial samples. Not even sure how to define bad. All H39, 2.15 where perfect (I still have 3 or 4). Without hardness measuring device, impossible to tell if labeled hardness H39 is actually consistent across all sheets. Cannot feel the difference.

But being a supporter of H3 commercial rubbers I have to admit that there are better options on the market for slightly higher price. One example is Double Fish QIJI H40 (hard version) with pink sponge. Their softish topsheets works so well with hard thin sponge (2.1 or 2.0). Perfect match. Easier to play (more forgiving to errors after rubbers breaks-in)

-------------
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1

Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 10:17am

So, I'm thinking about giving boosted Hurricane a go but I don't really want to invest too much money.

Me too. I put 2 layers a week ago and waiting for it to flatten back. No signs of flattening yet LOL. Never boosted before, just curious.

Btw, I have two new Hurricane 8 sheets of sale.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 10:20am

... for the forehand.  

So, Which one:
Hurricane H3-50 - NO
Skyline TG 3 60 - NO. This is perfect BH rubber H37, no need to mess with booster.
Hurricane 3 NEO - NO (already boosted)

-------------

Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 10:30am

Well, I went with Hurricane 3 Neo. I removed the glue layer. So far I've done two applications of Reviver Phoenix. The rubber is good a domed. Just waiting for it to relax a bit before I put it on. 

I hope you got specific hardness, 2 degree variation is ok, but 6 is not.
A close analogy would be you buy rasanter but you get either r42 r47 or r50 at random

Date Posted: 07/05/2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

chop4ever, have you thought about selling packages? something like 3 h3 commercial rubbers and 1 little bottle of reviver to pump them up (don't say boosting ok? Big smile)?
I am asking because you told us before commercial is as good as it gets if you choose it well. There is value in being certain that we get a nice h3 commercial, we customers are ready to pay a premium to be sure of that. Any h3 rubber you would choose arguably might be somewhere between a random commercial h3 and a random provincial h3. With you we'd get something consistent, better than the worst provincial, as good as the best commercial, but you would charge us less than the provincial price; then there is the reviver to make things blurry price wise: do I buy good h3? do I buy good reviver? do I buy a good combo where the whole is greater than the sum of the 2? do I buy an upgraded game? all that blurriness helps jacking the price up and getting away with it. I know you'd play with it (who would not?) in the limits of the reasonable and the result is even paying a bit more, people arrive at positive results faster and cheaper overall than if they choose to experiment on their own.
You can even think about adding your special glue to that package; and maybe the "pre-revived" (previved?) service, one of the 3 h3 you sell them is already "previved", vived in advanceBig smile.

Your problem is the shipping of course. From where you are it is so much harder. You need to find people you can trust I guess. They receive a stock of reviver, special glue and h3 in gross and they ship packages, send you a cut. In such an easy model, I bet you could keep all your sources safe. The only pb that could arise is when a reseller just sells its own crap at your price lol. It's very hard to come around that one, we know it will happen LOL.

Good luck!

Firstly, thanks for your words. You are a very first kind person who writes for me such a long business plan.
I am not a seller, nor business man. Money is only a number to me as I used to say "pay for me shipping cost, I will send you something to enlighten your view about H3 and booster".
I am only a problem solver.
However I know my limitation and bad luck, I am a kind of Don Quixote who could see a giant where everyone think it is just a harmless windmill. 

-------------
Falco is not a booster

Posted By: pleiades
Date Posted: 07/08/2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Good luck!

product line expansion chop4ever!! Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net