Print Page | Close Window

Joola Rhyzer Pro 45

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86443
Printed Date: 03/29/2024 at 2:57am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Joola Rhyzer Pro 45
Posted By: Johnny Erasure
Subject: Joola Rhyzer Pro 45
Date Posted: 07/24/2019 at 3:30am
Hi,
Has anyone tried this rubber? How it's in comparison with Tenergy 05?
A review will be perfect.

-------------
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j

Replies:
Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 08/26/2019 at 11:34pm
I played with Pro 45 tonight for about an hour. Compared to Rhyzer 48 it has a higher throw and is faster. Comparing spin  against T05 is difficult right now cause of the large speed gap. Pro 45 is quite a bit faster than T05/D05.  I should have paid more attention  to the Joola web site . For some reason I thought this would be between Rhyzer 43/48 but in fact it's between 48 and Pro 50 in terms of speed / spin.. 

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I played with Pro 45 tonight for about an hour. Compared to Rhyzer 48 it has a higher throw and is faster. Comparing spin  against T05 is difficult right now cause of the large speed gap. Pro 45 is quite a bit faster than T05/D05.  I should have paid more attention  to the Joola web site . For some reason I thought this would be between Rhyzer 43/48 but in fact it's between 48 and Pro 50 in terms of speed / spin.. 

no offense, but...
it is faster than T05/D05 if you loop like a little girl
LOL

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 11:24am
I thought I’d report that fake, negative camaraderie taking down valuable positions with empty remarks. 
Thanks to jpenmaster for the valuable content he has brought consistently over the years.

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I thought I’d report that fake, negative camaraderie taking down valuable positions with empty remarks. 
Thanks to jpenmaster for the valuable content he has brought consistently over the years.

quite sad how you get triggered by a remark that
1) isn't empty as it states the truth
2) isn't ad hominem
3) apologizes in advance for knowing that it might be offensive to some.

narcissism running rampant these days, check your own behavior.

and just so you know, jpenmaster's viewpoint is so narrow that I had the moral obligation to throw in a curveball.

Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 1:29pm
Don't worry about Hozuki. He/ She didn't read the part that this observation was just after an hour .  No need for anyone to get worked up so let's just keep our coolheadedness.....haha after a week or so of play I'll post up some more about this rubber.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 1:58pm

Don't worry about Hozuki. He/ She didn't read the part that this observation was just after an hour .  No need for anyone to get worked up so let's just keep our coolheadedness.....haha after a week or so of play I'll post up some more about this rubber.

that's good to hear. I agree on the coolheadedness :)
while 45 degree rubber with soft topsheet might seem very fast on low impact, harder loops usually lack spin, speed and arc. but you are free to make your own observations.

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 5:51pm
Not sure how objective of a statement the looping like a little girl remark was, I don't think every adult power loops that strong now do they? Cool

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Posted By: FlatHitter
Date Posted: 08/27/2019 at 9:39pm
Glad there is a spot already open to discuss the RHYZER 43 rubber that I installed last night on my new un-tested Joola ZeLeBRO blade...I put RHYZM TECH on the backhand side.The only actual testing I have done with it is service practice... last night and tonight but, tomorrow I will use it in competition at the Modesto table tennis club and I will report back with my second grade short review but, Review #1 is right now..I have about 3 hours of service practice with it but It only took one serve to see that it had more spin than the sticky GAMBLER BURST "max tack" rubber that I have been using for over a year (3rd sheet) on my Joola TPE fight blade...I had a hard time laying out a double bounce serve with enough spin to make it look like it was going off the table but hitting the brakes instead...Now, I can do that serve with a lot less effort and I can also do top spin kick serves like a boss! I have also spent time with the Joola RHYZM TECH and honestly, it's not even close...RHYZER 43 blows it away too...I don't know how it's going to perform for me with my Flat hitting style but Im thinking that even if it's a tad down on power It might be worth it just for the serves..(both rubber sheets are 2.0)

-------------
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...

Date Posted: 08/28/2019 at 8:13am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Not sure how objective of a statement the looping like a little girl remark was, I don't think every adult power loops that strong now do they? Cool

a very young body cannot exert enough power to use the optimal gear of harder rubbers.
if you are physically weak and have poor technique you will find soft rubbers faster than hard ones.

Date Posted: 08/28/2019 at 1:24pm
After some more time with Rhyzer Pro 45 it  is  faster than Rhyzer 48 and has more spin. The larger pimpled top sheet feels stiffer but still has a soft compound.  The throw seems to be about the same as 43 but with a longer trajectory. 43 always felt too slow and mushy. Short game is actually good even with the softer sponge the rubber isn't too bouncy. Compared to T05 which has a high throw I would consider Pro 45 medium to medium high. T05 can still generate spin more easily. This is most evident on medium power shots.  On all out  power shots they both generate excellent spin but Pro 45  is just faster. T05 is still better on service but Pro 45 is no slouch. For me the are Pro 45 shines is counter looping and mid range play. It's one of the best rubbers I have tried in those 2 aspects. My testing was done on  Nittaku Violin but maybe I should switch to a composite blade since I am a weak girl ; ) 

-------------

Date Posted: 08/28/2019 at 2:35pm

After some more time with Rhyzer Pro 45 it  is  faster than Rhyzer 48 and has more spin. The larger pimpled top sheet feels stiffer but still has a soft compound.  The throw seems to be about the same as 43 but with a longer trajectory. 43 always felt too slow and mushy. Short game is actually good even with the softer sponge the rubber isn't too bouncy. Compared to T05 which has a high throw I would consider Pro 45 medium to medium high. T05 can still generate spin more easily. This is most evident on medium power shots.  On all out  power shots they both generate excellent spin but Pro 45  is just faster. T05 is still better on service but Pro 45 is no slouch. For me the are Pro 45 shines is counter looping and mid range play. It's one of the best rubbers I have tried in those 2 aspects. My testing was done on  Nittaku Violin but maybe I should switch to a composite blade since I am a weak girl ; ) 

it is faster than 48 for you, because you cannot consistently compress the harder sponge to a degree where 48 would produce more speed and spin. you just found your optimal sponge hardness, congratulations. and weak girls would probably prefer even softer rubbers. my original statement merely implied that a girl would prefer r45 over d05 due to softness, it did not imply that this would be the optimal hardness for her. Anyways I find your assesment now much more accurate, except that any sentence would benefit from the addition "for my strokes".

Date Posted: 08/28/2019 at 2:44pm

a very young body cannot exert enough power to use the optimal gear of harder rubbers.
if you are physically weak and have poor technique you will find soft rubbers faster than hard ones.
I'm not doubting that but it's also not polite if a significant portion of adults don't have a power looping game akin to what you describe.! Did no-one teach you manners at school? 

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 08/28/2019 at 3:28pm
There are more factors than just sponge hardness to determine speed.  48 and Pro 45 have different top sheets  . Joola lists in terms of speed  from slowest to fastest 43, 48, Pro 45  and Pro 50. If physical strength was the only factor for developing speed and spin  in TT I would be better than any player in the ITTF right now haha.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/29/2019 at 10:43am
stating the facts in a calm and concise manner is the most polite and responsible thing in regards to the readers. lashing out in confusion and acusing someone of bad manners when your belief system is challenged is not.

Not really a mystery who would benefit from some schooling here.

speed is subjective, so manufacturers' ratings are an average at best.
And that's exactly why the 'fastest' rubbers have medium sponge. T05, MX-P, etc, as average players with average impact, average strength, average footwork and average effort find average hardness rubber optimal.

And about
"If physical strength was the only factor for developing speed and spin in TT I would be better than any player in the ITTF right now haha."

1) you falsely assume spin and speed are much more important than other relevant factors like control
2) you falsely assume physical strength is proportionally transfered to impact. You forgot stroke efficiency matters
3) you falsely assume that there are no ITTF players more buff than you.

This much folly isn't even funny as a joke.

Date Posted: 08/29/2019 at 11:23am
If physical strength was the only factor for developing speed and spin in TT I would be better than any player in the ITTF right now haha."

If you notice at the end there is a haha which means I'm  joking. The thread was created by  a player looking for information on Pro 45. I have actually used the rubber and gave some information about it. If you have some useful information about Pro 45 you should share . If you want to post on sponge hardness, physical ability, techniques, buffness or other info there are other threads for that.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/29/2019 at 11:51am

If physical strength was the only factor for developing speed and spin in TT I would be better than any player in the ITTF right now haha."

If you notice at the end there is a haha which means I'm  joking.

Try to guess why I wrote

This much folly isn't even funny as a joke.

The thread was created by  a player looking for information on Pro 45. I have actually used the rubber and gave some information about it. If you have some useful information about Pro 45 you should share . If you want to post on sponge hardness, physical ability, techniques, buffness or other info there are other threads for that.

I was initially stating a fact, then merely responding to others who unjustly derailed the thread.
Sure, if I had anything more meaningful to say about r45 I would, but I did not since to me it plays 85% like any other modern ESN rubbers at 45 degree, and I have played all of them. The biggest difference between them being shelf time, as old ones suffer from booster evaporation.

Posted By: Johnny Erasure
Date Posted: 09/04/2019 at 12:31pm
Thanks a lot for the short review jpenmaster. Exactly I'm interest about the comparison with Rhyzer 43 and 48 in terms of speed and spin.

-------------
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 09/09/2019 at 4:43pm
what is the weight please?

-------------
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH

Posted By: virtuososiu
Date Posted: 08/17/2020 at 7:15pm
I am very interested in this Pro 45 rubber. Anyone care to share more information / comparision? 
It will be much appreciated

Posted By: unstopabl3
Date Posted: 08/22/2020 at 9:38am
Hi, can anyone please compare Pro 45 with MX-P in terms on speed, spin, grip & dwell. Planning to try it on my HL5.

Posted By: virtuososiu
Date Posted: 04/14/2021 at 9:39pm
Still looking for more info on trhis rubber, have more people tried this? 
I want to know how it compares to Fastarc G1 and Tibhar EL-S

Date Posted: 05/20/2021 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

????

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 05/21/2021 at 11:38am

Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

????

Memory is hazy but I think it is about 67 to 68 grams uncut. 

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net