Print Page | Close Window

Big Dipper 4

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86965
Printed Date: 04/28/2024 at 8:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Big Dipper 4
Posted By: mog1111
Subject: Big Dipper 4
Date Posted: 10/17/2019 at 5:06am
Anyone tried this yet, I have a new sheet but want to know what others think first before I try it?

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler

Replies:
Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 10/17/2019 at 6:03am
🙄

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:10pm
i have two sample sheets but I really don't like/use dhs and I haven't had any takers trying to sell them to dhs fans out of the bag, despite the nice looking sponge with heavy fingerprint texturing.

I can tell you looking at the sponge and the cut that it's 100% a dhs made product.  What it might be like I have no idea.

-------------
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Date Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:36pm
thanks, I glued it on my spare blade anyway just to see what it is like

I have been playing well with tenergy in general and probably should not change

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:51pm
don't take this the wrong way but I think if you really want an honest workout, traditional Chinese type rubber is the way to go

Date Posted: 10/17/2019 at 1:57pm
I dont, I want to win the most games I can with the limited ability I have!!

If i tighten up my short serves with Tenergy I will be laughing!!

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: juanma4080
Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:35am
.no

Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:45am
so i tried the big dipper 4  at a tournament on the weekend, and had my worst ranking loss for 2 years, tried it again on Sunday at a tournament and was so disgusted at how i played i ripped it off the blade and ripped it in half with my hands.  I can confirm it ripped easily and is not as strong as Hurricane in the tear your rubber in half in anger test!!

FYI!!  I then switched back to Tenergy 05fx and won 5 matches in a row and won the Vets consolation event beating several of my peers!!

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

so i tried the big dipper 4  at a tournament on the weekend, and had my worst ranking loss for 2 years, tried it again on Sunday at a tournament and was so disgusted at how i played i ripped it off the blade and ripped it in half with my hands.  I can confirm it ripped easily and is not as strong as Hurricane in the tear your rubber in half in anger test!!

FYI!!  I then switched back to Tenergy 05fx and won 5 matches in a row and won the Vets consolation event beating several of my peers!!

basically, the rubber is not very durable.

Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 11:28am
Ha ha ha ha

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by juanma4080 juanma4080 wrote:

.no

Juanma,  stop posting like that. It is weird and pointless.

Posted By: lasta
Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 1:29am
So, if you lost while using the T05, would you rip that in half as well?

I believe there is lesson on perceived value buried here!

BTW for stress relief, I recommend buying a stack of Yinhe 9000's. <$5 a pop (for a TWO-pack!!!), you can rip 4 sheets a day on the daily coffee budget. Helps with anger, trust me.

Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 3:26am
Originally posted by lasta lasta wrote:

So, if you lost while using the T05, would you rip that in half as well?

I believe there is lesson on perceived value buried here!

BTW for stress relief, I recommend buying a stack of Yinhe 9000's. <$5 a pop (for a TWO-pack!!!), you can rip 4 sheets a day on the daily coffee budget. Helps with anger, trust me.

No, lol great advice, I also went back to 1.8 spectol from 1.5 which was much better for attacking too!

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: lasta
Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 3:49am
Did you rip the 1.5?LOL

Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 3:52am
No lasta, ha ha.  Might try that again one day, it is better for touch shots, but I want to play like a 49 year old, slightly overweight, slightly balding Mima Ito.

1.8 is better for that.  Much better in attacking and lifting etc.

Smile

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: jabemu
Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 6:38am
Where do you buy BD4?. It is medium tacki as the first versions of the old model?

I used the old version but finally the last pieces had very few tackiness or nothig and stop to use it.

Thanks in advance

Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 6:43am
It felt quite tacky, but I could not seem to get massive spin out of it.  TBH I think it is probably a very good rubber and a bit easier to use for mortals like us than Hurricane Neo, It was just not quite right for me.  I think many players will like it as a good hybrid that is closer to Hurricane Neo than a modern Tensor,  I also think it could be fantastic on a nice 5 ply looping blade and would be pretty quick too.

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Posted By: jackwong23
Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 1:40pm

This is a real life example that your equipments do matter alot. 
It is often the difference between losing and winning some tight matches.
People who say equipments do not matter have no bloody clue. 

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 2:28pm
the adjustment period was very short

Posted By: Egghead
Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 4:02pm

It felt quite tacky, but I could not seem to get massive spin out of it.  TBH I think it is probably a very good rubber and a bit easier to use for mortals like us than Hurricane Neo, It was just not quite right for me.  I think many players will like it as a good hybrid that is closer to Hurricane Neo than a modern Tensor,  I also think it could be fantastic on a nice 5 ply looping blade and would be pretty quick too.
There is a short video showing the tackiness in this store. I believe it is too tackiness for the 40+ ball
https://shopee.com.my/YINHE-BIG-DIPPER-IV%E9%8A%80%E6%B2%B3%E5%8C%97%E6%96%974-i.73044570.2420652805" rel="nofollow - https://shopee.com.my/YINHE-BIG-DIPPER-IV%E9%8A%80%E6%B2%B3%E5%8C%97%E6%96%974-i.73044570.2420652805

-------------
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX

Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

I totally agree!

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by jabemu jabemu wrote:

Where do you buy BD4?. It is medium tacki as the first versions of the old model?

I used the old version but finally the last pieces had very few tackiness or nothig and stop to use it.

Thanks in advance

Hi, must I open a new thread to ask this?.

Thanks for your response.

Posted By: ericd937
Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 3:43am

While I do agree that "People who say equipments do not matter have no bloody clue." I would imagine that the you would have have the same thing happen if you played BD4 for a long period of time and tried to switch back to Tenergy 05fx for a tournament. I'd imagine they are quite different rubbers. I also would be willing to bet that the blades each of these rubbers works best with are completely different blades. I wouldn't just slap an untested rubber on and go to a tournament. That's never a good idea. 

-------------
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 3:45am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

While I do agree that "People who say equipments do not matter have no bloody clue." I would imagine that the you would have have the same thing happen if you played BD4 for a long period of time and tried to switch back to Tenergy 05fx for a tournament. I'd imagine they are quite different rubbers. I also would be willing to bet that the blades each of these rubbers works best with are completely different blades. I wouldn't just slap an untested rubber on and go to a tournament. That's never a good idea. 

Eric,

I often switch seamlessly between Hurricane and Tenergy on the same day without a negative effect.  But you are right I think generally.

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 3:46am
I do not know were you can buy Big Dipper 4, maybe my sheet was a sample!!

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:00am

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Eric,

I often switch seamlessly between Hurricane and Tenergy on the same day without a negative effect.  But you are right I think generally.

There's a lot of difference between your used sheet of oft-glued h3 and a new sheet, I'd guess.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:02am

Thanks in advance

When I talked to yinhe about them they told me they just got a limited run, and it wasn't really available yet.  If you want to buy mine I'll sell them to you.  If you want me to ask about availability or future availability, I can.  In fact, I will.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:04am
I will never use a big dipper IV again, I thought it was a horrible rubber.  It was like a tacky rubber in its reaction, but a really bouncy uncontrollable tensor.  It was like slow and bouncy and uncontrollable all at the same time.  Weird. 

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:08am
Well, it's obviously a dhs product and I never liked dhs, so you'll get no argument from me.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:31am
LOL,

I like Hurricane 3 Neo though generally, it just annoys me for its inconsistency in different environments and I find it too slow on slow tables especially when its humid

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 11:14am
Thanks 

Date Posted: 10/24/2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Thanks in advance

When I talked to yinhe about them they told me they just got a limited run, and it wasn't really available yet.  If you want to buy mine I'll sell them to you.  If you want me to ask about availability or future availability, I can.  In fact, I will.

Thanks for your response.. Pm sent

Posted By: MartyC
Date Posted: 02/26/2020 at 8:45am
Hello cole_ely,
I play 3 weeks with Big Dipper IV H40 and I am very satisfied with. I am wondering ,that my rubber is very different product than  old version Big Dipper available in China  , wich have too.
Not only rubber , but package too.
Do you thing  , that this version IV is only limited edition produced by another producer and wil be not produced in the future?

-------------
OSP Expert CRWi FL, Donic Bluegrip S1 max , Spinlord Killer Ex. 1,8mm

Date Posted: 02/28/2020 at 11:30am
Well, the dippers before 4 were all similar to other yinhe rubbers through the years.  Who makes them? Not yinhe...maybe 729 and/or palio?  

The dipper4 though was clearly a dhs made product.  The sponge was obviously dhs.

-------------

Posted By: MartyC
Date Posted: 03/06/2020 at 8:15am
Cole_Ely: Thank you very much!

My experience with this two rubber - Big Dipper and Big Dipper IV ,both H40:
Total different rubbers!
1.Big Dipper IV Hardness 40 , red untuned , 20hour playing time on True Carbon blade , Forehand side , Backhand short pips : Yinhe alternative to DH H3 Neo commercial (probably in the new line of Dippers - Spin , Pro , Tour , IV is Version IV substitute for them) , playable less booster , but probably planned to use booster for maximal power and spin. More advanced stiffer topsheet against classical version. Playing characteristic - stiff chinese tacky rubber with slightly tensor effect similar to commerc. H3 Neo.

2. Big Dipper classic black Hardness 40 , white package on Viscaria blade  , after only 1 session: Despite cheaper cost more exclusive package. Due to factory tunning (rubber has foil on topsheet and sponge , sponge has glossy tacky layer on it) is feeling more hybrid , dynamic , softer... More speed than by version BD IV , despite review from TT-Maximum said this on the contrary. Spin is similar , more speed component due tunning , not so easy short play and extrem arc loop vith high spin. Classical Big Dipper is much more similar to Euro/Jap tensor/high tension rubber than version IV , but is still not so dynamic and with only moderate catapult effect. After tests both rubbers I am sticking with cheaper , factory tuned version classical Big Dipper , IMHO best compromisse for my playing style. Very good match with Butterfly Viscaria 92 gramm , but probably with another ALC-ZLC blade too.

-------------
OSP Expert CRWi FL, Donic Bluegrip S1 max , Spinlord Killer Ex. 1,8mm

Date Posted: 03/06/2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by MartyC MartyC wrote:

Cole_Ely: Thank you very much!

My experience with this two rubber - Big Dipper and Big Dipper IV ,both H40:
Total different rubbers!
1.Big Dipper IV Hardness 40 , red untuned , 20hour playing time on True Carbon blade , Forehand side , Backhand short pips : Yinhe alternative to DH H3 Neo commercial (probably in the new line of Dippers - Spin , Pro , Tour , IV is Version IV substitute for them) , playable less booster , but probably planned to use booster for maximal power and spin. More advanced stiffer topsheet against classical version. Playing characteristic - stiff chinese tacky rubber with slightly tensor effect similar to commerc. H3 Neo.

2. Big Dipper classic black Hardness 40 , white package on Viscaria blade  , after only 1 session: Despite cheaper cost more exclusive package. Due to factory tunning (rubber has foil on topsheet and sponge , sponge has glossy tacky layer on it) is feeling more hybrid , dynamic , softer... More speed than by version BD IV , despite review from TT-Maximum said this on the contrary. Spin is similar , more speed component due tunning , not so easy short play and extrem arc loop vith high spin. Classical Big Dipper is much more similar to Euro/Jap tensor/high tension rubber than version IV , but is still not so dynamic and with only moderate catapult effect. After tests both rubbers I am sticking with cheaper , factory tuned version classical Big Dipper , IMHO best compromisse for my playing style. Very good match with Butterfly Viscaria 92 gramm , but probably with another ALC-ZLC blade too.

Thanks for that write up. Its what I expected. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net