Print Page | Close Window

Butterfly Dignics 09C

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87578
Printed Date: 04/16/2024 at 1:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Butterfly Dignics 09C
Posted By: Ray
Subject: Butterfly Dignics 09C
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 5:10am
Butterfly officially announced that D09C will be released on April 1, 2020.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Replies:
Posted By: DonnOlsen
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Butterfly officially announced that D09C will be released on April 1, 2020.

Excuse me but: Did you say April Fools Day?

Thanks.

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 7:03am
I have had that association in mind, but this year April 1 will be Dignics 09C Day.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

I have had that association in mind, but this year April 1 will be Dignics 09C Day.

One may stand by the insinuation of the term usage of fools.

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 9:48am

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Thank you for the post.

Dignics 05
Speed: 13.5
Spin: 12.0
Hardness: 40

Dignics 80

Speed: 13.75

Spin: 11.75

Dignics 64 

Speed: 14.0

Spin: 11.0

Dignics 09c

Speed: 13.0

Spin: 13.0

Hardness: 44

Some significant differences represented.  From this I would say they are targeting the Tenergy 05 Hard people.

-------------

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 3:04pm
All these new Dignics rubbers are retarded. $100 a piece, 40 different versions and there is no end to this madness. 

Posted By: ProtossTT
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

All these new Dignics rubbers are retarded. $100 a piece, 40 different versions and there is no end to this madness. 

True if you pay 100% markup retail price lol. Just ask around and you'll be paying much less. 
Tbh butterfly has Soo much money that even if their rubbers didn't sell dignics wise, that the sales alone from tenergy series from the past decade would suffice. Rozena was a failure and they slashed it's prices.

Posted By: liulin04
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 4:14pm
after playing with dignics 05 for less than 5 hours, I've come to the conclusion that it is not for my playing style.  I'll happily go back to my Tenergy 05/64

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35056&PN=14&title=feedback-liulin04" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 4:25pm
For me Dignics 80  is a much better choice than Dignics 05 . Dignics 80 is more similar to Tenergy 05 than Dignics 05

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Posted By: h0n1g
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 6:00pm
Tacky - this sounds interesting!

-------------
---
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71705&title=feeback-h0n1g" rel="nofollow - My Feedback Thread

Posted By: bokai
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 8:23pm
The last tacky spring sponge rubber that was brought out by butterfly was spinart and that was a failure. However, i have high hopes for this one Tongue

Posted By: TwiddleDee
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 9:26pm
Have been playing with 05Hard on both sides of my 89 gram Viscaria for almost a year. Got a good deal on a sheet of Dignics05. I tried it on my backhand and forehand. I didn't see much of a difference. My practice partners said that the 05Hard was faster with a lower throw, and that the Dignics was slightly spinnier with a slightly higher throw. I prefer the 05Hard on both sides. Reminds me of playing with Sriver S, back in the 38 mm ball days. I will, however, give this new Dignics a try when it becomes available, just to see how it compares to 05Hard.

Posted By: Lightspin
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 9:58pm
Lets say someone bought 1000 identical paddles and put each type of tenergy and dignics on the paddles.  Could people identify what rubber they are playing with? I seriously doubt it.  It is great to have so many choices, but I wonder if there is a dramatic difference between tenergy 05fx and dignics 09c-fx or 80 or 32 or 22timo-limited edition or whatever new version they come out with.

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 01/20/2020 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Lets say someone bought 1000 identical paddles and put each type of tenergy and dignics on the paddles.  Could people identify what rubber they are playing with? I seriously doubt it.  It is great to have so many choices, but I wonder if there is a dramatic difference between tenergy 05fx and dignics 09c-fx or 80 or 32 or 22timo-limited edition or whatever new version they come out with.
You could tell differences though, you're just throwing in a red herring buddy

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Posted By: h0n1g
Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 12:00am

Yes you could tell differences and different performances

-------------
---
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71705&title=feeback-h0n1g" rel="nofollow - My Feedback Thread

Posted By: benfb
Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 1:36am
So this is Dignics 09C?  But wasn't Timo playing with Tenergy 09C last winter?  And it never came out?

Personally, I think it sounds really interesting.

Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 4:27am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

So this is Dignics 09C?  But wasn't Timo playing with Tenergy 09C last winter?  And it never came out?

Yes, correct.  I believe it was reported Timo then went to Tenergy 05 Hard on his forehand.

I too, at this point, find it interesting.

Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: lasta
Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 5:16am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

For me Dignics 80  is a much better choice than Dignics 05 . Dignics 80 is more similar to Tenergy 05 than Dignics 05

So there's finally an official T05 alternative?

Posted By: col6628
Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 8:47am
hi i have apolnia blade, dignics 05 fh, back hand tenergy 05, going to give d 80 a try on my bh.

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 9:45am

maybe they paid the licensing fee only to allow timo to play with 09C

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 11:16am
Would have been a better thread if named "Dignics 401k or 403b" imo.

Date Posted: 01/21/2020 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Yes, correct.  I believe it was reported Timo then went to Tenergy 05 Hard on his forehand.

I too, at this point, find it interesting.

Thanks.
Well, Timo switched to T05 hard on the FH in the fall of 2018, which I think is when it came out.  But last winter (first quarter of 2019), there were a series of matches on video (mostly Bundisliga) where he was playing with what looked like T09C.  It was on the ITTF approved list and was reported to have a tacky top sheet.  I don't know how long he stuck with it, but I think he eventually switched back to T05h.  There was a whole thread here about T09C and i thought we'd eventually see it.  Now, instead, we get D09C.

There is a Daily Dan interview with Timo where he talks about playing with D05 on the BH and T05h on the FH.  He said that T05h was better for generating power.  I wonder if he'll stay with that once D09C comes out.

I've been using D05 on the backhand (where I really like it) and Nittaku Turbo Orange on the FH.  The question for me will be whether D09C is a suitable upgrade for the Turbo Orange.

Posted By: taczkid
Date Posted: 01/23/2020 at 9:27am
butterflyonline.com Officialy posted today, that 09C will be available April 1. Time to start saving, if you start today with about $1.50/day savings by the time it comes out you will have $ to buy it lol

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 01/23/2020 at 2:57pm
no need selling your kidney. most people could save up for a sheet of Dignics over 3-12 months by lowering their callorie intake and toilet paper usage.

Posted By: Basquests
Date Posted: 01/24/2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

no need selling your kidney. most people could save up for a sheet of Dignics over 3-12 months by lowering their callorie intake and toilet paper usage.

Buy a bidet for 35-40 usd and your toilet paper usage will decrease by maybe 80%, and your butt will be far cleaner.

You can reinvest your savings into whatever EJing you need to do

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 01/24/2020 at 10:55am
no need to change your life style - just don't pay for overpriced products

Posted By: b3nhold
Date Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:56pm

Well the 09c would be tacky for a start

-------------
JPen player.

Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 12:07am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I've never seen an over-priced item in table tennis; can you show me one and explain how it's over-priced?  I've already seen things that not everyone would choose to buy, but to be really over-priced, it would imply that almost no one would buy that product due to too high of a price.  That certainly can't apply to Dignics, since I know plenty of people who buy it without complaint, including myself.

Posted By: GeneralSpecific
Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 8:27am

I've never seen an over-priced item in table tennis; can you show me one and explain how it's over-priced?  I've already seen things that not everyone would choose to buy, but to be really over-priced, it would imply that almost no one would buy that product due to too high of a price.  That certainly can't apply to Dignics, since I know plenty of people who buy it without complaint, including myself.

That's a bad definition and a very unhealthy and poor mentality to have. For example, there are pharmaceutical drugs that are vastly overpriced and yet people still buy them because they often have no other choice.

Outside of pharmaceuticals, where people do have more of a choice, there are a vast number of products that are overpriced and have much more evenly priced counterparts equal in quality, but people still purchase the overpriced product because it has a logo that makes their brain release feel good chemicals.

Perceived value and actual value are often very different things. If you perceive an overpriced item to be worth more than it is, despite a flood of information indicating otherwise, you are intentionally participating in willing ignorance.

Keep in mind, I and almost everyone at the time of this writing has never even touched a sheet of Dignics 09C, but if Dignics 05 is any indicator, 09C will likely not be worth the price. I just can't base full judgement on mostly conjecture.

-------------
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 12:24pm

Free country, you can pay for any available (legal) product - people know what I am saying, no need to elaborate - two completely different points of view

Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

That's a bad definition and a very unhealthy and poor mentality to have. For example, there are pharmaceutical drugs that are vastly overpriced and yet people still buy them because they often have no other choice.

Outside of pharmaceuticals, where people do have more of a choice, there are a vast number of products that are overpriced and have much more evenly priced counterparts equal in quality, but people still purchase the overpriced product because it has a logo that makes their brain release feel good chemicals.

Perceived value and actual value are often very different things. If you perceive an overpriced item to be worth more than it is, despite a flood of information indicating otherwise, you are intentionally participating in willing ignorance.

Keep in mind, I and almost everyone at the time of this writing has never even touched a sheet of Dignics 09C, but if Dignics 05 is any indicator, 09C will likely not be worth the price. I just can't base full judgement on mostly conjecture.
I disagree with most of what you're saying.

Pharmaceuticals is a special case because you're balancing the moral needs of people's health against the price that a supplier chooses to charge and supplies are usually offered under monopoly conditions due to patents..  However, most products sold in the world are optional, and that certainly applies to table tennis.

The value of something that is sold is whatever people are willing to pay.  There is no intrinsic "actual value".  800 years ago it was proposed that items have a "fair value", but that's a pretty discredited idea now.  And perception is a part of value.  In fact, economists would measure value as marginal utility, which basically means what something is worth to a person for whatever reason, including perception.

Whether a given product is over-priced would be measured by whether there are enough people buying that product to justify its manufacture.  If Dignics sells well for Butterfly at its current price, then its not over-priced.  It may not be worth that price to you, but that's true for lots of things: you (or I) might not think it's worth spending a million dollars on a famous painting; or (in more prosaic terms), we might insist on buying generic store-brand products at the grocery store, rather than identical name brand products.  We make those choices about what things are worth to us (their utility), but that doesn't really say anything about the products themselves.  If there are other people who will pay what you or I will not, then that's what those items are worth.

Where I live, I know a number of people who use D05, ranging from 1400 level to 2200 level.  Virtually none of these people have any special loyalty to Butterfly or keep much track of what professionals play with (so marketing had no affect on them).  They just tried the rubber (sometimes by borrowing my paddle) and found they liked it enough to pay the price.  On the other hand, I know of a wealthy doctor who tried D05 (again, on my paddle), and really liked it, but refused to buy it on general grounds (because he just didn't want to spend that much on table tennis equipment).  

My personal experience in transitioning to D05: I was a long-time T05 user, but I always felt like there were certain aspects of T05 that could be improved (specifically for my play, not for anyone else).  When D05 came out, it sounded like it had the changes i wanted, but I was in no hurry to buy it. However, an opportunity came my way to buy a single sheet at a heavily-discounted price.  Once I tried it, I found that it really did resolve my concerns with T05 and was enough of an improvement for my game that it's worth the extra cost.  Having now used D05 for a while, I have also found the added bonus that it's more durable that T05, so that I don't really consider it more expensive that T05 anyway.

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 2:06pm
Only two out of the top ten best selling rubbers in Japan are made by BTY (T05 and Rozena). To me, this is a fairly good indication that BTY rubbers are overpriced. 
http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php" rel="nofollow - http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php

Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 2:29pm

Only two out of the top ten best selling rubbers in Japan are made by BTY (T05 and Rozena). To me, this is a fairly good indication that BTY rubbers are overpriced. 
http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php" rel="nofollow - http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php
I don't see your logic there.  In most retail categories, the top selling items are the modest items, but that doesn't make the more expensive items over-priced.  Luxury cars don't sell as well as more moderately priced cars, but people like them enough that they do sell. It would be absurd to call them over-priced.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 2:32pm

Amongst the general population?  Sure.  Amongst serious players?  Who knows.  Demographics matter.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 01/25/2020 at 3:57pm

I don't see your logic there.  In most retail categories, the top selling items are the modest items, but that doesn't make the more expensive items over-priced.  Luxury cars don't sell as well as more moderately priced cars, but people like them enough that they do sell. It would be absurd to call them over-priced.

A luxury car is truly better built than cheaper car but  butterfly rubbers are slightly better  in performance but way expensive. I see people with korbel and TBS blades  that are splintered in the surface

Posted By: koshkin
Date Posted: 01/27/2020 at 11:59pm
Price is set by the market.  That's it.  If it does not sell in sufficient quantities, Butterfly will lower the price.

In terms of actual price, D05 has more than double playing life of any ESN rubber I have tried to date and plays better for my spin heavy style of play than anything else I have tried to date.

In other words, for me, it is absolutely worth the money and, given the longevity, is a good value.

I will most certainly try D09C on the FH when it is available.  It sounds like it will be right up my alley especially if durability is comparable to D05.

ILya

-------------
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05

Posted By: vik2000
Date Posted: 01/28/2020 at 11:04am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

A luxury car is truly better built than cheaper car but  butterfly rubbers are slightly better  in performance but way expensive. I see people with korbel and TBS blades  that are splintered in the surface

Sounds like you don't know anything about cars.

Date Posted: 01/28/2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Sounds like you don't know anything about cars.

Sounds ?but I know the diffrence you can love and breathe butterlfly but you cant compare both brands people dont have audis because they cant pay but me and many people can buy butterfly but dont like it

Posted By: seguso
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 7:19am
I tried a brand new D09C for 2 minutes, and I found it very very similar to the rubber I'm using, Hurricane 8 40deg with 3 layers of booster. So if you want to save money...

D9c might have a bit more catapult, but same throw, similar hardness, similar grip. basically you play the same. For comparison, Dignics 05 is low throw and faster, with respect to both rubbers. If you play with D05 with the same stroke you use with H8 or D09c, you net the ball .

Note: the D09c was was mounted on a TB ALC; the H8 on my Viscaria, which is almost the same blade.

Note: H8 black is a bit different from the red , more inconsistent (some play well and some are very dead and don't react to boosting).  so I suggest you get a red one first.

-------------
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - https://youtu.be/dBMqj0CN7XU" rel="nofollow - 2015 video

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

I tried a brand new D09C for 2 minutes, and I found it very very similar to the rubber I'm using, Hurricane 8 40deg with 3 layers of booster. So if you want to save money...

D9c might have a bit more catapult, but same throw, similar hardness, similar grip. basically you play the same. For comparison, Dignics 05 is low throw and faster, with respect to both rubbers. If you play with D05 with the same stroke you use with H8 or D09c, you net the ball .

Note: the D09c was was mounted on a TB ALC; the H8 on my Viscaria, which is almost the same blade.

Note: H8 black is a bit different from the red , more inconsistent (some play well and some are very dead and don't react to boosting).  so I suggest you get a red one first.

If you count the cost of the time involved in boosting, it'll pay for itself very fast LOL

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 9:03am
I tried a brand new D09C for 2 minutes, and I found it very very similar to the rubber I'm using, Hurricane 8 40deg with 3 layers of booster. So if you wa
nt to save money...

Your analysis is very sound.  D09C, with its hard sponge and tackier topsheet, must have been designed to compete with the Hurricane line, without the hassle of boosting, to strive to realize the benefits of this famed rubber line.  Butterfly was successful here.

D05 was targeted to the Tenergy users and attempted users who find the bounciness of Tenergy just a bit too much for the all around play that is needed in today's game or to those Tenergy users who wanted to explore an advanced and emergingly important topsheet trend that is resulting in a degree of greater spin generation.

Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: seguso
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 9:04am
@blahness
fair enough :))
though iIn my experience you just need 3 layers to prime the rubber before glueing, then you don't need to unglue it . (baby oil on topsheet every 2 days without unglueing)

-------------
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - https://youtu.be/dBMqj0CN7XU" rel="nofollow - 2015 video

Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 9:10am

fair enough :))
though iIn my experience you just need 3 layers to prime the rubber before glueing, then you don't need to unglue it . (baby oil on topsheet every 2 days without unglueing)

You are way out of my league here!  ;>}

-------------

Posted By: kindof99
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 9:35am
Hurricane 8 does not have that solid feeling of D09c. For an advanced player, I doubt that boosted H8 can provide as much power and support as D09c for strong hit or loop.

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 10:28am
dignics rubbers (09C included) are made for booster...the rubbers without booster feel dead. 
For sure you can still play with them but there are many less expensive rubbers out there.
If you play at a good level (i wont say pro but a semipro player) then dignics with booster are just on a different planet.

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

dignics rubbers (09C included) are made for booster...the rubbers without booster feel dead. 
For sure you can still play with them but there are many less expensive rubbers out there.
If you play at a good level (i wont say pro but a semipro player) then dignics with booster are just on a different planet.

You can say the same for any rubber. That is, most high level players prefer a boosted rubber if allowed and if they can afford it.

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

If you count the cost of the time involved in boosting, it'll pay for itself very fast LOL

@Blahness, agreed. Seguso has accidentally(?) stated a case to buy Dignics 09c over H8. Especially if those players don't play frequently enough to want the hassle of boosting their rubber.

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 11:17am
I disagree...tenergy and esn are playable out of the package. To bring out dignics potential you need to boost.
There is no reason to prefer a dignics over a tenergy without booster because if you apply just water based glue the rubber reaches 30% of its potential whereas with tenergy or all esn rubbers you have 80% without booster.
What i mean is that you can play with an unboosted dignics but you are wasting money

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 09/06/2021 at 10:07pm
D64 and D80 are perfectly playable without any booster. Boosting would ruin them.

Posted By: Hozuki
Date Posted: 09/08/2021 at 9:43pm
09c is perfectly fine out of the package, but it needs a reboost after 4-5 months. My 9 months old sheet has only had one reboost and still way better performance than a comparable esn rubber after that time.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net