Print Page | Close Window

I've been banned from Princeton Pong event

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: NextLevel
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=88620
Printed Date: 10/24/2020 at 7:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I've been banned from Princeton Pong event
Posted By: DonnOlsen
Subject: I've been banned from Princeton Pong event
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 8:13am
Hi,

Effectively, I've been banned from the Princeton Pong upcoming tournament.  

In their ongoing efforts to keep the residents of their fine states from exposure to the foreign infected riffraff, the Governors of New York/Conn./New Jersey have compiled a list of 31 states the residents of which are required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon entering these three states before being allowed legally to interact with their beloved population.

Being from Maryland, a state recently added to the quarantine-required list mentioned above, I have not and am not in compliance with this regulation, therefore I become ineligible for the New Jersey-based Princeton Pong tournament in early August. 

More interesting than me, I noticed two Omnipong tournament registrants are from Maryland; both, I know, also are not in compliance with this quarantine requirement.  What then becomes intriguing is what happens if one of these players shows up on tournament day?  Will the New Jersey Quarantine Enforcement Police be waiting at the club's door?  Will the tournament officials seek verification that the two week quarantine has been fulfilled?  Will the tournament officials ban the player from the tournament?  Will fines be issued?  Is the club in jeopardy of the accusation of fostering this delinquent behavior?

I know none of the answers.

Thanks.

-------------
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Replies:
Posted By: Fabian1890
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 9:34am
You have problems... In most countries where the situation is so much better than in the US (I actually wonder if there’s a country where the situation is worse) we still don’t have tournaments.

The USA should get their s... together before they think about playing tournaments.

Playing a tournament right now with people coming from different places is just irresponsible in the current situation. It will only further spread the virus.

Posted By: h0n1g
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 10:38am
maybe stay at home instead of playing a freakin table tennis tournament at a time where hospitals are starting to send home patients to die. 

This is literally what is wrong with the US. People are not used to making sacrifices when it comes to their “personal freedom”. 

-------------
---
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71705&title=feeback-h0n1g" rel="nofollow - My Feedback Thread

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 10:53am
Donn, I haven't been following Maryland so don't know what the Covid-19 stats are there.   All I can say is that I live in Houston,  and states in the northeast and elsewhere that are getting this thing under control would have to be NUTS to allow anyone from here to enter without imposing a  mandatory quarantine upon arrival.  It sucks but that's just being prudent.   In Italy they ended up shutting down travel between the different provinces for awhile   That is  one of the reasons they now have been able to return to something more or less like normal life.  Right now a pingpong tournament doesn't seem like a great justification for something ill advisesd from an epidemiological perspective.   Again, I'm talking in this case about Texas, Florida,  Georgia,  Arizona, etc. Like I said, I haven't been following Maryland.  But why not jus voluntarily  respect the decisions of New Jersey public health officials for now?

Posted By: Egghead
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

You have problems... In most countries where the situation is so much better than in the US (I actually wonder if there’s a country where the situation is worse) we still don’t have tournaments.

The USA should get their s... together before they think about playing tournaments.

Playing a tournament right now with people coming from different places is just irresponsible in the current situation. It will only further spread the virus.
First of all, you need to know not all states in USA are hot states. So, it is fine for people in some states to have a "normal" activities with "a measure of caution." Having said that, you are damn right. That tournamnent should local only. Look at HK now, they are in big shxt. In fact, they have number of newly infected people from a single case (after playing a tt torunamnent).

-------------
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX

Posted By: Fabian1890
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

First of all, you need to know not all states in USA are hot states. So, it is fine for people in some states to have a "normal" activities with "a measure of caution." Having said that, you are damn right. That tournamnent should local only. Look at HK now, they are in big shxt. In fact, they have number of newly infected people from a single case (after playing a tt torunamnent).

Yes, that’s why practice in clubs is allowed here but tournaments are not. For tournaments you have many players coming from different places and the player pools are always changing. That’s why it is much worse than club practice.

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

maybe stay at home instead of playing a freakin table tennis tournament at a time where hospitals are starting to send home patients to die. 

This is literally what is wrong with the US. People are not used to making sacrifices when it comes to their “personal freedom”. 

Wow

We should be a lot more like China, Huh? 

-------------
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: idk
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Wow

unfortunately that ship has sailed but if by "like china" you mean there was a capable government response from the beginning, then yeah things wouldn't be where they are at right now.

but that's not possible exactly because of what h0n1g says. americans are simply too damn self-centered and as a whole cannot actually do something for the greater good even if it means temporarily sacrificing "MUH FREEDUM"

-------------
W7 baby

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Wow

unfortunately that ship has sailed but if by "like china" you mean there was a capable government response from the beginning, then yeah things wouldn't be where they are at right now.

but that's not possible exactly because of what h0n1g says. americans are simply too damn self-centered and as a whole cannot actually do something for the greater good even if it means temporarily sacrificing "MUH FREEDUM"

Just can we make our points without insulting America? That's my only concern.

That and insulting the OP.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

More interesting than me, I noticed two Omnipong tournament registrants are from Maryland; both, I know, also are not in compliance with this quarantine requirement.  What then becomes intriguing is what happens if one of these players shows up on tournament day?  Will the New Jersey Quarantine Enforcement Police be waiting at the club's door?  Will the tournament officials seek verification that the two week quarantine has been fulfilled?  Will the tournament officials ban the player from the tournament?  Will fines be issued?  Is the club in jeopardy of the accusation of fostering this delinquent behavior?

I know none of the answers.

Thanks.

At some point the TD will review the participants list and contact those people from banned states to remove their entries.

If those players show up they would be turned away by club staff/TD and any resistance would probably end up with a police call and a future ban from tournaments.

I believe state police are patrolling the highways near state entry points and monitoring out of state license plates.

-------------
W7 baby

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 12:11pm

Wow

Yes but it would be denying the obvious to not acknowledge this. The US, both the government response and the response of the people is the laughingstock around the world right now and for good reason.

-------------
W7 baby

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 12:16pm

Wow

Yes but it would be denying the obvious to not acknowledge this. The US, both the government response and the response of the people is the laughingstock around the world right now and for good reason.
Actually, I don't think their government is a laughingstock. Of course, if you count that inflated balloon, that is a different story.

-------------

Posted By: Chairman Meow
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 1:58pm
I've played there recently. I'm not sure how they are going to run a tournament, but with open play they are pretty serious with restrictions. So I would assume that people from the banned states would be contacted to say they can't play. And I assume that there is some sort of enforcement from the state when a person from a restricted area comes to cross the border into NJ. If there isn't, then that's really not great. But like others have said, it would be good to be responsible and safe and make the decision to stay home.

-------------
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 3:37pm

Wow

I get why the response of the government is a laughingstock.  As for the people, we will see in a few years.  People don't understand what it is like to have your livelihood taken away without a clear plan to support you in the absence of it.  Ultimately most people get their understanding of how to respond to the virus from the politicians.

In any case, I am registered for the event.  Ny, NJ and PA have been closed down for months to reduce the pandemic impact.  Eventually we will get to a better understanding of how many lives are being affected by lockdown since every analysis assumes that people are only dying from covid19 and not from lockdowns.  

We are slowly reopening.  If you are from another state where you haven't reopened, no need to come over.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245
FH: D09C 1.9 R/B
BH: D09C 1.9 B/R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 4:19pm

Wow

That and insulting the OP.

In turns of the national response to this particular crisis?  America deserves to be insulted (or maybe pitied). It should  be a wakeup call. I say that as a native born American.  

Too damned many people are refusing to do the minimal things we need to do  to get past this because...???  Selfish?  Stubborn?  Ignorant?  Who knows?   

And too many people in a position to make decisions refuse to look at what other countries have successfully done and say, gee, that might work here.  Why?  Who knows   A misplaced sense of exceptionalism?  But it's the reason Donn can't go to NJ to play  a tournament, and no European country will let me visit this summer. 

Posted By: mjamja
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 4:20pm
Don,

Could your ban have been the result of someone at the club reading your book PATT  (Principled Approach to Table Tennis) and then bribing the governor to keep such heretical TT thoughts from infecting their states Table Tennis community.

Seems a little heavy handed to ban all of Maryland just to keep you out but people do have strange reactions to reading PATT

Mark - Proud owner of a copy of PATT.

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 4:32pm
I do as well. 

-------------

Posted By: mentortt
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 5:57pm
Are you sure you got ban? At least 4 person from MD all registered. If MD is banned, they should be all banned. As far as I know, they have no empty spots left for two high rating events.

Posted By: kenneyy88
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 6:22pm

Wow

Yes. They actually controlled the virus. While in America, theres so many idiots not caring about the health of themselves and the people around them. 

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Don,

Could your ban have been the result of someone at the club reading your book PATT  (Principled Approach to Table Tennis) and then bribing the governor to keep such heretical TT thoughts from infecting their states Table Tennis community.

Seems a little heavy handed to ban all of Maryland just to keep you out but people do have strange reactions to reading PATT

Mark - Proud owner of a copy of PATT.

Thank you for your comments.  I have a very strong suspicion you are correct.  I have anticipated this since I penned the Circumstantial Shot Type Selection Hierarchy principle in the book that it was a step too far, and that, given a chance, the authorities would act.  That my whole state must suffer for my actions is regrettable.

Thank you for your continuing astuteness. 

-------------
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 7:09pm
Donn, I haven't been following Maryland so don't know what the Covid-19 stats are there.

Well, though you may not be familiar with the latest COVID-19 outcomes in Maryland, the tri-state triumvirate is, in its collective mind, sufficiently conversant to add Maryland to the list of the 30 other states also deemed unworthy of uninhibited wanderings in the three states.

This judgment on the worthiness of Maryland is not universally held, as our esteemed Governor quickly and publicly stated the decision was "a mistake".  [He may or may not have a copy of PATT.]

Thanks.  

-------------
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 7:37pm
Perhaps the tristate area is just skeered.  

Of your TT techniques.

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

Wow

Yes. They actually controlled the virus. While in America, theres so many idiots not caring about the health of themselves and the people around them. 

Anyway, just saying their meaning of "controlled" is not what you think it means. If you believe they did, I have some Bre-X stock that you may interested in LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

Are you sure you got ban? At least 4 person from MD all registered. If MD is banned, they should be all banned. As far as I know, they have no empty spots left for two high rating events.
I think he needs 14 days quarantine, so he cannot play.

-------------

Posted By: mentortt
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 9:47pm
Cannot register because over the limit is not equal to be banned unless all MD players got banned. True, NJ just add VA and MD on the list. But things can change within next two weeks. 

Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

I think he needs 14 days quarantine, so he cannot play.

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 07/25/2020 at 9:56pm
Ultimately we must face what we think we are as human in a group and when we understand that our relationships mainly define who we are, we want to protect other people more and self quarantine is the key: to better protect other people, I stay away from them. If I go out, I wear a mask, easy. It's easier for me with a job and a family and I feel for those respectful of other people and staying alone, going through what I hope is a spiritual experience that improves them. My hat's off to those. No tourney!

-------------
forum_posts.asp?TID=87220" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 07/27/2020 at 5:34pm

Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

Wow

Anyway, just saying their meaning of "controlled" is not what you think it means. If you believe they did, I have some Bre-X stock that you may interested in LOL

Yea right and America started hiding its data and stopped reporting data to WHO.

Date Posted: 07/27/2020 at 5:48pm
Stopped reporting directly to CDC, actually.  It now goes to HHS first.

Date Posted: 07/27/2020 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Stopped reporting directly to CDC, actually.  It now goes to HHS first.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/hygrqb/usa_did_not_provide_current_covid19_case_data_to/" rel="nofollow - https://old.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/hygrqb/usa_did_not_provide_current_covid19_case_data_to/

Date Posted: 07/27/2020 at 8:42pm
This also

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

Date Posted: 07/28/2020 at 11:29am
Hi,

An update on the Governors' clash: one of the two Marylanders I know of who had registered for the tournament is no longer in the list on Omnipong.  [He was on the wait list for one of the events.]  I mentioned the quarantine requirement to his mom a few days previously, of which she was unaware of at the time.

Thanks. 

-------------
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Posted By: Tiggs_1
Date Posted: 07/28/2020 at 1:20pm
Sweden and Brazil never shutdown. Brazil isn’t any worse off than India and Sweden’s mortality rate is on par or better than most EU countries that did shut down. People relying on a Vaccine for a virus are going to be disappointed as it won’t be better than flu vaccine. The purpose of shutdown was not to avoid the disease but flatten the curve so medical facilities are not overwhelmed. You have to open sometime. The destroyed lives from destroyed economies will take a far greater toll than Covid. You protect the vulnerable, boost your immune system and slowly open. 

Date Posted: 07/28/2020 at 7:50pm
Hmmm.  To draw a proper conclusion  you should probably compare Sweden to Denmark,  Norway and Finland ( instead of Spain or UK).  If you look at deaths per 100K population 
(the key statistic) Brazil is 20-times worse than India,  although I suspect numbers from both those countries are hard to get from remote areas.  And staying open hasn't helped the Swedish economy  in any noticeable way (from the stats you can get online, I'm certainly not an economist) 

We have no idea how effective a Covid-19 vaccine will be or when we'll get it but there are quite a few ways in which SARS-COV-2 is different from influenza viruses and I am optimistic that Covid-19 vaccines will work pretty well (I teach at a medical school and I follow this pretty closely).  The fact is that only time will tell. 

But preventing people from traveling from hot spots (like most US sunbelt  states) to areas where cases have been declining makes good epidemiological sense. Those are the kinds of measures that have worked in other countries.  A pingpong  tournament is maybe not a good reason for people to travel from hot spots.   With that said,  I cant  figure why Maryland is on the hot spot list.  

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality" rel="nofollow - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Date Posted: 07/29/2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Hmmm.  To draw a proper conclusion  you should probably compare Sweden to Denmark,  Norway and Finland ( instead of Spain or UK).  If you look at deaths per 100K population 
(the key statistic) Brazil is 20-times worse than India,  although I suspect numbers from both those countries are hard to get from remote areas.  And staying open hasn't helped the Swedish economy  in any noticeable way (from the stats you can get online, I'm certainly not an economist) 

We have no idea how effective a Covid-19 vaccine will be or when we'll get it but there are quite a few ways in which SARS-COV-2 is different from influenza viruses and I am optimistic that Covid-19 vaccines will work pretty well (I teach at a medical school and I follow this pretty closely).  The fact is that only time will tell. 

But preventing people from traveling from hot spots (like most US sunbelt  states) to areas where cases have been declining makes good epidemiological sense. Those are the kinds of measures that have worked in other countries.  A pingpong  tournament is maybe not a good reason for people to travel from hot spots.   With that said,  I cant  figure why Maryland is on the hot spot list.  

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality" rel="nofollow - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

That's interesting. I was just admiring Sweden's fantastic-looking curve. I've never heard the argument that not shutting down didnt help their economy.  That's quite a judo flip! I'll take a look at that. Econ was my first major, so Im interested.  My guess is the economy is heavily intertwined with neighbors who did shut down.  Looking at a couple of articles, they seem to think the swedes more or less shut down voluntarily. Certainly possible.

I do agree with the previous poster that economic impact does have an impact on misery, and even death, and that it tends to get overlooked, or cast as greed. Esp when we go into debt I really dont like it. If the system was to collapse...well there would be deaths.

None of that excuses risky behavior 

-------------

Date Posted: 07/29/2020 at 9:24pm

That's interesting. I was just admiring Sweden's fantastic-looking curve. I've never heard the argument that not shutting down didnt help their economy.  That's quite a judo flip! I'll take a look at that. Econ was my first major, so Im interested.  My guess is the economy is heavily intertwined with neighbors who did shut down.  Looking at a couple of articles, they seem to think the swedes more or less shut down voluntarily. Certainly possible.

None of that excuses risky behavior 

I think that's it.  A global pandemic screws up all sorts of things. Like I said, I know virtually nothing about economics, but I think this is one of those things where maybe it is best to wait several months or a year to see how it all works out.  

Anyway, here is something on that.  https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-coronavirus-strategy-high-death-toll-no-economic-gain-data-2020-7" rel="nofollow - https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-coronavirus-strategy-high-death-toll-no-economic-gain-data-2020-7

Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 1:23am
Yeah, I'd seen similar.  My only thing is, I think it's kind of cherry-picking to compare them to "other nordic countries."  Are we sure they don't have traffic patterns and contact that run more into comparison with the rest of europe?  Why not consider the entire west? That said, they sure did something right in denmark and I'm sure they interact a lot with everybody.

And I also don't doubt that they've had a higher death rate.  But presumably they're further along the curve, while other countries are still experiencing little waves. To some degree flattening the curve equals postponement to keep the hospitals steady. You might think other countries would catch up a little now until the vaccines hopefully make the conversation somewhat moot. 

What I notice is that they're down to single digits now, even one.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 4:33am
I lived there for awhile.  Norway has a robust oil industry and is far more of a tourist destination than Sweden.   Denmark has a border with Germany, although probably the largest traffic interaction  itnormally has is with Sweden.  Copenhagen and Stockholm are pretty equivalent.   So no, Cole, it is the obvious comparison. Also similar climate,  latitude and genetics. 

Common sense has to prevail. We know how the virus gets from person A to person  B.  

Sweden made these policies knowing full well that there would be health consequences for their people.  Denmark,  Norway  and Finland took different actions and it is reflected in their fatalities100/K people.   Sweden made the decision that there would be economic advantages to their policy that outweighed the health effect,   and possibly also following the "herd immunity " theory.  Eventually we'll see if their economy fares better.  Of course  Norway also takes a hit from the decline in oil prices.  But don't have any illusions about the idea that Sweden's decision  to  not shut down was without effects on spread of the disease.   It was a policy developed largely by one person in the  government and it was protested quite vigorously by Swedish infectious disease specialists who work at universities and hospitals (but accepted by most Swedish people).   

In any case more than half of Swedish people live alone and they offer universal  healthcare.   So even if you could argue for it there, the US is quite different.. 

Again, the thing I call attention to is that the situation in the US is very different from Europe. The disease here is taking much longer to come down and the economic consequences are very bad.  

People here are allowed and in some circles ENCOURAGED to engage in risky behavior. 

Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 11:12am
You clearly know a lot more about it than I do. I've never even been there.   I'd be curious to know who you meant with the last line, but maybe it's better that I don't.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/31/2020 at 8:50am
Sweden’s new cases have gone down, almost an inverted V curve and they are reporting almost no new mortality. You have to open sometime. The cases in Texas and Florida are coming down and may follow Sweden’s pattern. You will have more health problems caused by Financial ruin and stress resulting from Covid shutdown than Covid itself. Teach people to boost immunity, protect the vulnerable and open. The purpose of shutdown was to flatten the curve and that has been accomplished. The virus doesn’t kill you, it’s the overreaching response from a compromised immune system that does.

Date Posted: 08/01/2020 at 7:42am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

An update on the Governors' clash: one of the two Marylanders I know of who had registered for the tournament is no longer in the list on Omnipong.  [He was on the wait list for one of the events.]  I mentioned the quarantine requirement to his mom a few days previously, of which she was unaware of at the time.

Thanks. 

Another update: The second of the two Marylanders I mentioned has also dropped out of the list of entrants; both are now gone.  However, two more Marylanders have recently appeared on the list.

Thanks.

-------------
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Posted By: Simas
Date Posted: 08/08/2020 at 7:12pm
Sweden 2nd quarter GDP contracted -8,6% compared to all Europe -12%. So different strategies, different death rates per 100k and nearly same drop in economy. It does not seem that Swedish strategy is paying off at the moment...

-------------
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

Date Posted: 08/08/2020 at 7:24pm
Since it’s a global economy, Sweden’s economy was expected to contract. Economy did contract less than other EU countries, and 3.6% is not insignificant considering few other EU countries in the mix didn’t have a strict shutdown. Compare it to US or Britain, Spain, Italy or France. Also they have probably reached herd immunity while we are far from that in the US. 

Date Posted: 08/08/2020 at 9:03pm
The tournament was very covid19 influenced and just about ever reasonable precaution I can think of was taken.  Tables were reduced and well spaced out.  You had to wear a mask if you were outside the playing area.  Players did not change sides.  Tables were to be wiped down by the winner after every match.  Balls were sanitized between matches.  The doors to the playing hall and the main entrance were kept open through out, which unfortunately introduced an element of humidity that affected some players.

It wasn't an entirely fun experience but if we can keep TT alive during the pandemic by doing this, I will oblige.  Hope anyone else who made it had fun.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245

Date Posted: 08/08/2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The tournament was very covid19 influenced and just about ever reasonable precaution I can think of was taken.  Tables were reduced and well spaced out.  You had to wear a mask if you were outside the playing area.  Players did not change sides.  Tables were to be wiped down by the winner after every match.  Balls were sanitized between matches.  The doors to the playing hall and the main entrance were kept open through out, which unfortunately introduced an element of humidity that affected some players.

It wasn't an entirely fun experience but if we can keep TT alive during the pandemic by doing this, I will oblige.  Hope anyone else who made it had fun.

Thank you for the report.  The two Marylanders are in the results.  Did you observe anything associated with the two week quarantine requirement?

Thanks again.

-------------
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Date Posted: 08/09/2020 at 4:27am
I don't know who the two MD players are or what event(s) they played.  You were asked to sign a questionnaire about your travel and exposure in the last 14 days.  Your temperature was also taken at the entrance.  So I guess they must have responded in ways to those procedures that gave the organizers confidence.

-------------
Carbonado 245

Date Posted: 08/09/2020 at 6:30am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I don't know who the two MD players are or what event(s) they played.  You were asked to sign a questionnaire about your travel and exposure in the last 14 days.  Your temperature was also taken at the entrance.  So I guess they must have responded in ways to those procedures that gave the organizers confidence.

Thanks for the response.  The eminent Mr. Larry Hodges has informed me the two players in question, though still listed as residing in Maryland, have moved to New Jersey.

-------------
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net