Print Page | Close Window

Most & least expensive places for pong NAmerica

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: NextLevel
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=88648
Printed Date: 09/18/2020 at 4:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Most & least expensive places for pong NAmerica
Posted By: Robpens
Subject: Most & least expensive places for pong NAmerica
Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 3:35pm
I was wondering which are the most expensive and least expensive places to play ping pong in North America . Also the worst & best places to play. Friendliest & most hostile etc for a beginner to intermediate older player playing strictly for exercise and not wanting lessons trying to become a professional player 

Replies:
Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Robpens Robpens wrote:

I was wondering which are the most expensive and least expensive places to play ping pong in North America . Also the worst & best places to play. Friendliest & most hostile etc for a beginner to intermediate older player playing strictly for exercise and not wanting lessons trying to become a professional player 

Are you wanting advice strictly around Ontario? My club is free but I don't think you'd want to drive here. I suppose a lot of clubs are free. The most expensive clubs might be interesting

-------------
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

[QUOTE=Robpens]I suppose a lot of clubs are free. The most expensive clubs might be interesting   

Some clubs are free but not a lot. Few clubs are inexpensive.

Yes I am near Toronto & I can post about most expensive clubs but am afraid of retaliation and harassment. I know at least few of my player acquaintances who were shunned for not joining or taking lessons for instance.

Rob  

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 8:18pm
There are clubs that are set up to be training clubs.  If you go to one of those clubs it can be hard to find players that aren't training.  I've played in 5 Northern California clubs (Sonora, Modesto, Folsom, Santa Cruz and Sacramento) where they welcome all players.  Training clubs tend to be expensive and recreational clubs inexpensive.  Of the above clubs 4 are $5 a night and 1 $7.  Unless you're have a mental illness and are an EJ Smile table tennis is a great deal.

Posted By: chongqinghotpot
Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 8:32pm
SpinBlock in Indianapolis is by far the most friendly club in NA.

-------------
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64

Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Unless you're have a mental illness and are an EJ Smile table tennis is a great deal.

What is an EJ ?  Is it related to mental illness ?

Sorry I am not too familiar with advanced ping pong lingo unless this is related to mental illness 

Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

SpinBlock in Indianapolis is by far the most friendly club in NA.

I am not moving there LOL but was just curious as to why you say that (friendliest) 

How much does it cost ? Are there other clubs in that area also ?

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 10:53pm
You'll learn EJ fast. Stands for equipment junkie and yes it's a mental disorder a lot of us suffer from

-------------
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: ejprinz
Date Posted: 07/30/2020 at 11:44pm
I thought EJ is my first name. I just got 4 new blades and several new rubbers so it could go both ways (Also tabletennis11.com has a special on short pips rubbers and the FastArc G-1, the Mima Ito special :-) ).
With respect to clubs, Austin Texas has two clubs, the big one North, Austin TTC, and the much smaller club South, PongClubATX. Both are very nice and the ATTC also does tournaments in better times. Prices are not too bad. They do have coaching for people who want/need it.

-------------
Sanwei Fextra, Nittaku FastArc G1 / Moristo SP

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net