Print Page | Close Window

Kenta Matsudaira losing to a girl

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Coaching & Tips
Forum Name: Coaching & Tips
Forum Description: Learn more about TT from the experts. Feel free to share your knowledge & experience.
Moderator: yogi_bear
Assistant Moderators: APW46, smackman
URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=88796
Printed Date: 04/18/2024 at 3:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kenta Matsudaira losing to a girl
Posted By: blahness
Subject: Kenta Matsudaira losing to a girl
Date Posted: 09/03/2020 at 9:44pm

LOLLOL

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Replies:
Posted By: trumpet_guy
Date Posted: 09/03/2020 at 11:58pm
Kenta needs to maintain a better practice routine against choppers.

Also, her chops went all over the table, and her backhand punch shot was devastating.

Posted By: mickd
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 1:48am
And she's only 17 too. In her last year of high school.

Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 2:30am
Originally posted by trumpet_guy trumpet_guy wrote:

Also, her chops went all over the table, and her backhand punch shot was devastating.

Tbh I played against players like that before who could chop, block and attack with pips, it was extremely difficult to play against (compared to normal choppers or even pips attackers) because you never really know what's gonna come back at you and it really messes up your rhythm!

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: ghostzen
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 5:26am
It's a nice fun video for sure. I did wonder in game 3 and really in 4 when it was 8-0 if he pulled into a higher gear to take it to a 5th to take it to a final end.

strong backhand hit really pounced on everything he did which was higher.

Weird Kenta didn't go wide forehand hardly at all or slow spin to to the forehand.

Nice video - I think Joo did something similar a while back when he was playing matches like that.

Will try and dig out.

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 9:55am
Was that short pips? Wonder what she uses on forehand/backhand... 

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 10:01am
Not sure how hard Kenta was trying.

Posted By: liXiao
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 11:06am
Lol, this is not "a girl", that is Noa Fukuoka. She's a double inverted chopper. She uses Darker Spline N2, Tenergy 05 and Rasanter R42.

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 12:02pm
did she learn that punch bh from mima? is it evolving as a signature shot form the JNT Womens team? too high a push will be punished badly!

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Tbh I played against players like that before who could chop, block and attack with pips, it was extremely difficult to play against (compared to normal choppers or even pips attackers) because you never really know what's gonna come back at you and it really messes up your rhythm!

She plays with tenergy 05 1,9mm on both sides (according to the Japanese forum), before she used to play with rasanter r42 on FH.
That's why, sometimes, she eats so much spin...but..when she manages to chop correctly, this is a razor's cut.

-------------
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Posted By: balldance
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 12:54pm
i don’t rate Kenta Matsudaira too high, he can easily lose to some of jnt women players but i don’t think he tried hard in this match. This is just a match for his youtube channel I guess, youtube matches are where stronger players often try to make the weaker players look good and the match look closer/more interesting.

Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

She plays with tenergy 05 1,9mm on both sides (according to the Japanese forum), before she used to play with rasanter r42 on FH.
That's why, sometimes, she eats so much spin...but..when she manages to chop correctly, this is a razor's cut.

Wow unbelievable...I did not know it was actually possible to chop competitively with inverted....

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: WingTT
Date Posted: 09/04/2020 at 9:29pm
He obviously wasn't  playing seriously given how he pops some of the balls over high and exaggerates the arc on his loops against her chops.

Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by WingTT WingTT wrote:

He obviously wasn't  playing seriously given how he pops some of the balls over high and exaggerates the arc on his loops against her chops.

Definitely not the Kenta who defeated Samsonov and Ma Lin and came close to beating Xu Xin haha....

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: kevo
Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 10:54am
I agree that Kenta may have been sandbagging a bit at times, tossing the loops up a bit and making a bit of drama for the channel, but from what I could understand with my rusty Japanese, he said at the end that her style is quite unique, that she's a new kind of 'cutman' (chopper) that will suprise many top players. He wouldn't, I imagine, lose to her again, or if he'd a coach in his corner or whatever, but it was a lovely bit of TT to watch anyway. She is a fabulous player who could go places maybe. And he was very respectful of her as a player in his comments. 

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

I agree that Kenta may have been sandbagging a bit at times, tossing the loops up a bit and making a bit of drama for the channel, but from what I could understand with my rusty Japanese, he said at the end that her style is quite unique, that she's a new kind of 'cutman' (chopper) that will suprise many top players. He wouldn't, I imagine, lose to her again, or if he'd a coach in his corner or whatever, but it was a lovely bit of TT to watch anyway. She is a fabulous player who could go places maybe. And he was very respectful of her as a player in his comments. 

For sure, this girl is able to surprise some top players, especially those who are not able to keep on looping quite fast and low without pushing between 2 loops. I would like to see her against a player like Samara for instance.

-------------
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Posted By: jfolsen
Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 1:25pm

Wow unbelievable...I did not know it was actually possible to chop competitively with inverted....

To the best of my knowledge, the last world class double inverted chopper was Norio Takashima.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, the last world class double inverted chopper was Norio Takashima.

Satoshi Aida doesn't count?

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: jfolsen
Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Satoshi Aida doesn't count?

Maybe? His highest ranking is about 150. I watched his match against Par Gerell, he chopped about 10% on the FH and 50% on the backhand. I guess there is no such thing as an allround player anymore?

Posted By: liXiao
Date Posted: 09/05/2020 at 8:01pm
Both Masato Shiono and Yuka Ishigaki were double inverted when they were in High School, but switched to pips once they gained more experience. One player I'm aware of that had success at the senior level was Kazuko Naito, who was top 60 in the world and played in the Bundesliga. She also competed at the Sydney Olympics.

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing

Posted By: assam
Date Posted: 09/06/2020 at 3:38pm
She can't win any girl from China, and I doubt about wining some one from Singapure, Korea or her team mates main teams

Date Posted: 09/08/2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by RohaW RohaW wrote:

no need to resort to cheating using [long] pimples or such weird rubbers , which takes less skill

I am not going to even try to respond to this .. but i am sure that: 1) you aren't very high level yourself 2) time and time again you've been destroyed by pimple players because you have no idea how to play them

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 11:49am
Anyone recognize this troll?

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Of course.

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 12:58pm

unlike ugly less skilled long pimple players like Joo Sehyuk or Chen Weixing etc

LOL LOL LOL

Posted By: Vince64
Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 1:28pm

If seeking the truth in a democratic entertaining way by not being politically correct, then yes I am guilty as accused
 After you save Table Tennis from pips, people have been down right irate since the forward pass in football was allowed to be the main way of moving the ball down the field and in Baseball pitchers should only be allowed to throw fastballs only. Can you get those fixed next? Lol

-------------
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 2:24pm
I really think that LP make the game richer and knowing how to play against them makes us more complete players. Chopping with LP is an art that should stay, it produces magnificent rallies and styles and thinking of banning them is like "everybody eats porridge and nothing else.". Nope! I want wide and rich and LP are here to stay.
Now the fact that double inverted could produce world class choppers is overwhelmingly exciting. Nobody tried from a young age to world class all the way and if it is possible to deliver the same lethal chops with as much success rate, then the LP will die out by themselves, no need to help them with legislation.

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Of course.

Guys please use the report post button.  Thanks.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 4:23pm

Of course.

What's his old username? Ive been here for quite some time but can't recall anyone hating on pips so much lol.

Date Posted: 09/09/2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Of course.

What's his old username? Ive been here for quite some time but can't recall anyone hating on pips so much lol.

He is a serial offender who has been banned under a lot of names.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: AcudaDave
Date Posted: 09/10/2020 at 3:54pm
I noticed Kenta's world ranking has dropped to 121.  What happened?  He must have not been competing as much on the international scene.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net