Print Page | Close Window

Tibhar Hybrid K3

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90872
Printed Date: 04/24/2024 at 6:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tibhar Hybrid K3
Posted By: SmackDAT
Subject: Tibhar Hybrid K3
Date Posted: 10/13/2021 at 11:17am
This rubber is absolutely insane - faster than 50deg Gold Arc 8, and feels great on the forehand and backhand. 

Only weighs 71g uncut too for a 53deg, tacky rubber. Better than all the hybrids I've played before (I'm nearly at double digits)!

Thoughts?

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Replies:
Posted By: DreiZ
Date Posted: 10/14/2021 at 1:45am
Interested too, 

Wanna give it a try once my MX-D wears out.

-------------
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Posted By: Hans Regenkurt
Date Posted: 10/14/2021 at 4:55pm
I have ordered me a sheet and I will get it soon if everything goes well. I am not sure if it is fully available yet.

@SmackDAT: Could you give a description of how it is different to the hybrids you have tried? Also, is it a step up from the current ESN offerings which culminate in the likes of Donic Z1, Rasaner 48?

Date Posted: 10/14/2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I have ordered me a sheet and I will get it soon if everything goes well. I am not sure if it is fully available yet.

@SmackDAT: Could you give a description of how it is different to the hybrids you have tried? Also, is it a step up from the current ESN offerings which culminate in the likes of Donic Z1, Rasaner 48?
Step up for sure, faster than k1 euro but still feels as controllable - way faster than 'dead' Rakza Z, slightly tacky but has a slap noise when I go for chinese style topspins (just like H3). 

Faster than gold arc 47.5 (or at least as fast), can do fan zhendong backhands like mad.

It's a crazy rubber and was destroying people in league today, first time ever using it

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: guni4you
Date Posted: 10/16/2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Step up for sure, faster than k1 euro but still feels as controllable - way faster than 'dead' Rakza Z, slightly tacky but has a slap noise when I go for chinese style topspins (just like H3). 

Faster than gold arc 47.5 (or at least as fast), can do fan zhendong backhands like mad.

It's a crazy rubber and was destroying people in league today, first time ever using it

Can you please compare it to dignics 09c?

Date Posted: 10/16/2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Can you please compare it to dignics 09c?
No

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 10/16/2021 at 9:24pm
Haven't tried 09c

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: ghostzen
Date Posted: 10/17/2021 at 8:46am
Interested to know if you boosted it from the packet and if you did with which booster. I've heard it's quite heavy boosted straight out of the packet as well.

It sounds to have quite a few advantages both having that tacky topsheet sheet and lighter weight with an good level of speed.

I'm guessing everyone will want to make the D09C compare...to be honest.

Cheers

Date Posted: 10/17/2021 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Interested to know if you boosted it from the packet and if you did with which booster. I've heard it's quite heavy boosted straight out of the packet as well.

It sounds to have quite a few advantages both having that tacky topsheet sheet and lighter weight with an good level of speed.

Cheers

No booster, for my stroke it's quite close to MX-P/at least as fast as Gold Arc 8 - and the weight surprised me, less than Rakza Z by far - very happy

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 10/17/2021 at 7:48pm
Wow this is promising, been looking for a 09c and D05 replacement forever coz they cost a bomb...

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 10/17/2021 at 9:47pm
What is the color of K3 sponge? I could not find this information anywhere.

Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 4:37am

Cheers

No booster, for my stroke it's quite close to MX-P/at least as fast as Gold Arc 8 - and the weight surprised me, less than Rakza Z by far - very happy

Cheers thanks for the info. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 8:16am

Cheers

Cheers thanks for the info. Thumbs Up
No worries, total setup weight is 193g with edge tape (so ~50g per sheet cut).

Lovely cracking sound when I drive and topspin, it for sure has sticky rubber properties and I prefer it significantly over T05H or T19. Faster than H3 Neo boosted, less tacky though ofc.

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 8:26am
Another comment, out of the box, black is slightly tackier. Red works well for the FH though, but better suited for BH side.

I play both sides as I don't lose enough speed to justify going full euro. In fact, I think overall it is faster than a T05 (unless you count the really light shots a lot). I can rip backhands more efficiently with K3

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 8:27am

What do you mean by faster than "dead" RazkaZ? You find RZ dead or RZ than has been boosted and lost its boost, or RZ loses its speed quickly and becomes dead? (BTW-I think RZ is an euro rubber that is tacky rather than a hybrid-if that makes any sense...)

Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 8:43am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

What do you mean by faster than "dead" RazkaZ? You find RZ dead or RZ than has been boosted and lost its boost, or RZ loses its speed quickly and becomes dead? (BTW-I think RZ is an euro rubber that is tacky rather than a hybrid-if that makes any sense...)
I don't mean properly dead, but if you watch TT11's review, I agree with them - it's heavier and duller than most euro rubbers, and even other hybrids like Donic Bluegrip. 

I'm really being picky as Rakza Z is fast enough, and only slightly slower than K3. But in this case, the marketing is right, something with the factory boosting is just one level above Rakza Z, it's almost like K1 Euro harder and slightly faster too!

It is a hybrid - it's the same thing (just depends on your definition) - by your definition K3 is also euro rubber that's tacky, I call it a 39.5deg hybrid (says on packaging).

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 6:41pm
There is something to say for wanting lighter rubbers-to get the right overall weight set-up one likes. I play with LP on one side so more weight on my inverted side is a plus for me. I really like razkaZ-I find it very linear. 
By saying that it does not seem like a hybrid I guess I mean that it is tacky, but I can play loop and do topspin play with exactly the same stroke I used for rasanter R47. I play with it like it is a euro rubber. But it i

There is a 15 dollar price difference between K3 and RZ at TT11.

But back to K3....

Posted By: Magic_M
Date Posted: 10/18/2021 at 11:14pm
I have also tested several of those "hybrid" rubbers like Butterfly Dignics 09C, Nittaku Sieger P50, DHS Hurricane 8-80 and Hurricane 3-50, Joola Golden Tango and Golden Tango Powersponge, Donic Bluegrip R1 and Yasaka Rakza Z.

Actually I am playing with Rakza Z on forehand, because ...
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I really like razkaZ-I find it very linearBy saying that it does not seem like a hybrid I guess I mean that it is tacky, but I can play loop and do topspin play with exactly the same stroke I used for rasanter R47. I play with it like it is a euro rubber.
and because of the fact that the over all speed is not as fast as hell and very controllable.
That's the reason why I play with RZ on forehand (T05 on backhand).

In the last days I tested the Tibhar Hybrid K3 during 2 training sessions and like the feeling. K3 is not really tacky, but extremely grippy. It is a big fun to loop with this rubber, because it grips the ball at least as good as Tenergy 05 or better.

If I compare K3 with Butterfly rubbers, it does not feel like Dignics 09C. It is more a combination of Dignics 05 and Tenergy 05. For me K3 has the feeling of T05 with the speed of D05. This sounds very positive for a Tibhar rubber (especially if I compare it with the prices of those Butterfly rubbers), but for me this high speed is a little disadvantage in the moment, because it is (like D05) a bit too fast for me (at least on my actual blade). 

For lower level players like me the higher control of rubbers like Tenergy 05 or Rakza Z seems to be more important than the higher speed of K3 or D05. But if you are playing at a higher level and prefer to power-loop, do not hesitate to test the new K3, because you will like it. I really do not see any argument to buy a D05 instead of K3.

Personally I have 2 options: 
1. I will continue playing with Rakza Z because of the higher control.
2. I could switch to a more controlled blade, paired with K3 on both sides.

As our season will have a break between the middle of November and the middle of January, I will test the K3 with 1-2 AR (+) blades in these 2 months. But for the moment Rakza Z is still my favourite.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51774&title=feedback-magic-m" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: carmelomaf
Date Posted: 10/19/2021 at 6:08am

Another comment, out of the box, black is slightly tackier. Red works well for the FH though, but better suited for BH side.

I play both sides as I don't lose enough speed to justify going full euro. In fact, I think overall it is faster than a T05 (unless you count the really light shots a lot). I can rip backhands more efficiently with K3

I bought right now both colors and I cannot appreciate differences in terms of tackiness

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Date Posted: 10/21/2021 at 4:38pm
My sheet has arrived and I am giving it a go tomorrow. I ordered through a friend and although I knew it would be more expensive than the usual Tibhar price I toyed with the thought of skipping meals for a few days - just kidding. Yet, I expect it to be as good as the reviews say. I have also ordered myself a Donic Bluegrip C2 that I will be putting on my Viscaria. The K3 will most probably go on my Tibhar Szocs for the time being but in the long run I will be using it on the Viscaria.

Date Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:46pm

My sheet has arrived and I am giving it a go tomorrow. I ordered through a friend and although I knew it would be more expensive than the usual Tibhar price I toyed with the thought of skipping meals for a few days - just kidding. Yet, I expect it to be as good as the reviews say. I have also ordered myself a Donic Bluegrip C2 that I will be putting on my Viscaria. The K3 will most probably go on my Tibhar Szocs for the time being but in the long run I will be using it on the Viscaria.

Did you try the rubber? Can you please compare it to other hybrid rubbers as well like dignify 09c.

Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 8:20am
I came off Butterfly rubbers a long time ago and I have not had one in 5 years so I cannot compare the HK3 to anything Butterfly.

As for my thoughts, it is a very good rubber indeed. However, it is not as special as the reviews might suggest. If I look at the prices of similar rubbers on TT11 to compare: HK3 costs 63,4 EUR,  Donic Bluegrip C2 52,81 EUR, Victas Triple Double Extra 52,81 EUR I find a 10 EUR difference which does not manifest itself in performance compared to its competitors.

Why did I say that? I bought a C2 along with this new Tibhar wonder and tested them yesterday in training. I am convinced that the sponge under C2 and the Tibhar HK3 is the same and the difference lies in the topsheet: the Tibhar's is visibly thinner and the pimples are a tad smaller and perhaps a little more densely spaced.

I put the C2 on my Viscaria and the HK3 on a Tibhar Szocs. In terms of endspeed we did not see a significant difference between the two. Spinwise, both of them are terrific.

How it compares to other hybrids? The original Hybrid K1 Euro pales in comparison to this new rubber in every possible way, that is for sure. Other than that, I have tried the aforementioned C2 / C1 and Victas TDE. The difference is the way the topsheet bites and releases the ball.

The THK3's topsheet is more rigid but still grips the ball fantastically in terms of ESN rubbers. The C2, C1 and the Victas TDE (I know it is made in China) have a slightly more supple topsheet that bears resemblence to the way the Bluestorm series  work in spite of them being a hybrid. Therefore they lose a little edge on close to the table opening topspins. The THK3 fixes this and is noticeably harder from the topsheet, taking it closer to a Hurricane Neo 3, for example. You can be more aggressive with it from close up. This rigidity also translates into less catapult compared to the others. Blocking against strong topspin is easier. It is adequately fast up to 2-3 meters from the table.

The throw angle is definitely lower than C2. As far as spin goes, I do not think it is spinnier.

So in summary, in terms of feel, this hybrid comes the closest to a H3 Neo that I have come accross. There is a lot more speed to it, too. It is a step forward from the relentlessly catapulty rubbers such as Z1 and its equivalents because is a rubber at long last that leaves the user more say into what arc they want to produce on loops which is especially important in my view. However, I do not see that somebody using a C2 would be at a disadvantage against a THK3 user. I think the price difference is not justified.

Please bear in mind that these are my first thoughts and by next Wednesday I will have probably moved my sheet to a Viscaria. I will give an update then.

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 10:15am
@Hans - In the K3 thread on a german tt forum several posters stated that contrary to Tibhar's advertizing spiel K3 is not really tacky like H3, just very grippy. Care to comment on that aspect of K3?

Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

@Hans - In the K3 thread on a german tt forum several posters stated that contrary to Tibhar's advertizing spiel K3 is not really tacky like H3, just very grippy. Care to comment on that aspect of K3?
It is the same level as Rakza Z at best

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 10:28am

Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

It is the same level as Rakza Z at best

Thx. I'll stick with K2 then.

Posted By: Magic_M
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 12:09pm
K3 is far away from the tackiness of Rakza Z. It is NOT tacky from my definition, but VERY grippy. 

Don't misunderstand this. Although K3 is not tacky, you are able to produce as much spin with it as you get with Rakza Z or other hybrid rubbers - especially if you are used to European rubbers normally.

K3 is also very linear. Short game is really easy because it is not bouncy in this part of the game.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51774&title=feedback-magic-m" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 1:56pm
K3 picked up a ball for the same time as Rakza Z in my testing (just for a short time), or slightly less

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 2:01pm
Which ESN rubber is really tacky?

Posted By: kindof99
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 5:09pm
Is Hybrid K1 Euro professional similar to Razka Z? 

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Posted By: BRS
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Which ESN rubber is really tacky?

None of them?

Posted By: MydasDiablo
Date Posted: 10/24/2021 at 8:40am
Xiom Tau & Tau II, Palio Thors.

I really like Nittaku Hurricane Pro Turbo Blue & Orange (not ESN obviously), but they are stupid heavy. I am going to try them in 1.8mm next to see if that saves enough weight to make them useable. I don't think you need much sponge thickness for those given the hardness of their sponges, plus I mainly brush loop. 

*Update* 1.8mm NH3PT Blue & Orange on a 90g blade still comes in at 206g glued, so you only save around 5-6g vs 2mm. The low weight of Hybrid K3 is a massive advantage it has over rivals, even if it isn't 'sticky' and is closer to D05/D09 than H3. My team mate is using K3 on his forehand and I have never seen him be more consistent and he seems to have less trouble returning spinny serves than when he used MX-D before. 

Date Posted: 11/21/2021 at 4:35pm
Wanted to know if this is factory boosted and loses its tuner effect after something like 1-2 months? Or is it more like the Dignics 05 sponge which maintains its performance for a long time?

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 11/21/2021 at 4:59pm
Was about to ask a similar question. Do you add a couple of layers straight out of the packet?

Have a sheet coming for FH and views would be appreciated. 

Date Posted: 11/21/2021 at 6:12pm
I concluded the final testing of my sheet today and to me, it is a huge disappointment. After about two weeks it lost its tightness and its qualities faded away. I have not tried Dignics 09C but I managed to compare it to one of my teammate's T80 and they are lightyears apart.

It was a clever move from Tibhar to bring it out this time of the year after baiting the audiences by dragging out the market  launch. I have tried it on a Viscaria: there was no real spin difference compared to a Bluestorm Z1 or Z2. Then I put it on a Boll Forte OFF- but the end result was the same.

In brief, my take is that it is absolutely not worth the money. If you are into true Chinese rubbers, the K3 is very far from it. At the same time, it does not do anything better than any recent ESN rubber (Bluestorms and the likes from other brands).

Date Posted: 11/21/2021 at 6:34pm

I concluded the final testing of my sheet today and to me, it is a huge disappointment. After about two weeks it lost its tightness and its qualities faded away. I have not tried Dignics 09C but I managed to compare it to one of my teammate's T80 and they are lightyears apart.

It was a clever move from Tibhar to bring it out this time of the year after baiting the audiences by dragging out the market  launch. I have tried it on a Viscaria: there was no real spin difference compared to a Bluestorm Z1 or Z2. Then I put it on a Boll Forte OFF- but the end result was the same.

In brief, my take is that it is absolutely not worth the money. If you are into true Chinese rubbers, the K3 is very far from it. At the same time, it does not do anything better than any recent ESN rubber (Bluestorms and the likes from other brands).

Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 2:21am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!

Yes, I have found it to be so.

I am curious as to what other members have experienced. I know my review is very abrupt.

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 5:54am
so i guess it's like the mx-p...the booster starts to lose its effect after a few weeks. 
Honestly i played in the past with mx-p and the rubbers were still going strong even after 2 months. 
Then it's up to you if you prefer to play with a fresh rubber sheet every month or so...
truth is probably the 95% of people on this forum (me included) are not even capable of exploiting the full potential of this kind of rubbers and would benefit more by playing with slower equipment

Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 6:30am

I am curious as to what other members have experienced. I know my review is very abrupt.

Damn if that is true, I'm sticking with tried and true Dignics....

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:10am
My K3 arrived today so will get chance to have a hit in a few days. Also give a sheet to a mate as well to try. Sounds like to give it some longer life a fair bit of boosting will be needed...

Posted By: skv_lviv
Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:22am
2 weeks so far: 3 training sessions and 1 competition. Hopefully it won't start loosing its qualities in a week or less, that would be a huge disappointment

Posted By: Zwill
Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 9:23am
Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max

Date Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.

My 09c lasted almost a year with only minor degradation in performance.... It is really something else altogether. I'm trying out K1 plus now and it's amazing out of the packet but I feel like I'll probably go back to 09c if the performance deteriorates after just 1-2 months, ironically that makes it even more expensive than 09c....

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 11/23/2021 at 1:49am
I haven't played with a rubber that lasts longer than 3 months at least since 2008 (don't really remember how it was with a speed glue, but I suspect that it was the same up to 3 months that time too). Haven't tried too many different rubbers, and most of them were ESN, but there was T05 as well. Topsheet is usually still fine, but sponge is dead (maybe except H3 neo, but I didn't like it that time, so I still replaced it after 3 months). I don't believe that I'll be able to play D09C for a year. 6 month sounds possible, but currently K3 doesn't make me want to try something else. And if K3 will be able to keep properties I like in it for at least 3 month, then I'll stick with it on my FH for long. I wish it was a tiny bit faster, but not that critical, especially on a FH side.

Date Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:27am

Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

My 09c lasted almost a year with only minor degradation in performance.... It is really something else altogether. I'm trying out K1 plus now and it's amazing out of the packet but I feel like I'll probably go back to 09c if the performance deteriorates after just 1-2 months, ironically that makes it even more expensive than 09c....
For me it's 80 euro (£67.5) per dignics vs £26.5 per rubber with 4 K3 and 4 MX-P.

I prefer to have a newly factory boosted rubber every 2 months (I'm rather addicted to the out of pack tensor effect), than change every 5 months for dignics

Personal preference as my level is similar, if that makes sense

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:34am
£26.50 a sheet is good. Where are you getting that from online?

Cheers

Date Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:01am

£26.50 a sheet is good. Where are you getting that from online?

Cheers
Tabletennis11

4x MXP (4 for 3), 4x Hybrid K3 (30% off)

Comes to 200 something Euros, divide by 8 and convert to GBP ;)

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:22am
Cheers nice one. Thanks

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 11/25/2021 at 5:14am
Originally posted by skv_lviv skv_lviv wrote:

I haven't played with a rubber that lasts longer than 3 months at least since 2008 (don't really remember how it was with a speed glue, but I suspect that it was the same up to 3 months that time too). Haven't tried too many different rubbers, and most of them were ESN, but there was T05 as well. Topsheet is usually still fine, but sponge is dead (maybe except H3 neo, but I didn't like it that time, so I still replaced it after 3 months). I don't believe that I'll be able to play D09C for a year. 6 month sounds possible, but currently K3 doesn't make me want to try something else. And if K3 will be able to keep properties I like in it for at least 3 month, then I'll stick with it on my FH for long. I wish it was a tiny bit faster, but not that critical, especially on a FH side.

SKV,

One of my local TT buddies is a good level amateur player and simply LOVES the K1 (sry, not K3) and it is one of the most controlable rubbers he ever played - everything there for spin and feel.

K1 lasts him MONTHS and MONTHS. I can use K1 on BH in any hardness - Euro or Plus or Pro. For the money a very worthy rubber usable on both wings.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Posted By: andzejgolot
Date Posted: 11/26/2021 at 8:28pm
I read that Dignics 09c Has the worst durability, I mean IT is designed to be backhand rubber= less energy is involved on shots

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 11/27/2021 at 3:12am
dignics (all dignics) must be the most durable rubbers i tried so far…

Date Posted: 11/27/2021 at 3:45am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

I read that Dignics 09c Has the worst durability, I mean IT is designed to be backhand rubber= less energy is involved on shots

Dude, 09c is specifically designed as a FH rubber lol

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 11/28/2021 at 10:17pm
Anyone tried K3 on an innerforce blade? Feels nice on my treiber CI

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 12/01/2021 at 11:59am

I didn't notice drop in catapult. Vice versa, I feel it got faster after ~6 training sessions, flat hits/smashes and blocks became a little bit better than at the beginning. Not sure whether spin got worse, but spin/speed ratio slightly changed due to speed change. Today is 1 month since I switched to it, still happy with it, despite it feels a little bit different.

Date Posted: 12/07/2021 at 6:29pm
After hitting the practice tables pretty hard... 2 weeks plus in and quite a few sessions on the table and must say pleasently surprised by this rubber. It's definitely very positive on loop drives and nice grip on the spin ups from slower balls. 

Durable so far with very if any signs of wear. 

Hopefully the feeling lasts... Fingers crossed! 

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:34am

After hitting the practice tables pretty hard... 2 weeks plus in and quite a few sessions on the table and must say pleasently surprised by this rubber. It's definitely very positive on loop drives and nice grip on the spin ups from slower balls. 

Durable so far with very if any signs of wear. 

Hopefully the feeling lasts... Fingers crossed! 

Told ya! What blade?

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:57am
TB ALC. It's actually better after a few weeks than out of the packet as it gains a bit of speed.

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:53am
After ~ 6 weeks I guess I'll change my mind and join those who say that it looses its qualities quite fast.
First 4 training sessions were like: somewhat slow but spiny rubber, I felt that I lack some speed but that I simply cannot miss any ball
Then like 3, maybe 4 training sessions I felt like it became faster and that I can spin like it was in celluloid era with speed glue, or like when I tried Tenergy 05 back in 2008 (if I remember its release year properly). That feeling was ideal to me, I could overspin any of my regular opponents simply due to this rubber, people started making mistakes on my topspins not due to placement or speed, but due to spin much more often.
Now like 4-5 training sessions later, it got a little bit faster, but I don't feel that spin potential anymore. It feels like it is simply hard grippy rubber, nothing extraordinal. It is still good, it is fast enough, it is quite spiny, but not that ideal like it used to be 2 or 3 weeks ago. And that makes me think about trying some other hybrid rubber in a couple of months or about trying booster, just to see whether it will restore anything in this rubber (or in my impressions)

P.S. Maybe it doesn't hold a ball as long as it used to be, but it still can lift it a little bit, I would say even higher than when it was brand new. 

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by skv_lviv skv_lviv wrote:

After ~ 6 weeks I guess I'll change my mind and join those who say that it looses its qualities quite fast.
First 4 training sessions were like: somewhat slow but spiny rubber, I felt that I lack some speed but that I simply cannot miss any ball
Then like 3, maybe 4 training sessions I felt like it became faster and that I can spin like it was in celluloid era with speed glue, or like when I tried Tenergy 05 back in 2008 (if I remember its release year properly). That feeling was ideal to me, I could overspin any of my regular opponents simply due to this rubber, people started making mistakes on my topspins not due to placement or speed, but due to spin much more often.
Now like 4-5 training sessions later, it got a little bit faster, but I don't feel that spin potential anymore. It feels like it is simply hard grippy rubber, nothing extraordinal. It is still good, it is fast enough, it is quite spiny, but not that ideal like it used to be 2 or 3 weeks ago. And that makes me think about trying some other hybrid rubber in a couple of months or about trying booster, just to see whether it will restore anything in this rubber (or in my impressions)

P.S. Maybe it doesn't hold a ball as long as it used to be, but it still can lift it a little bit, I would say even higher than when it was brand new. 
I use 1 medium layer of seamoon national yellow to revive over the weekend.

Magic trick that manufacturers hate me for

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:50pm

TB ALC. It's actually better after a few weeks than out of the packet as it gains a bit of speed.
Nice I am using on viscaria, switched to T64 bh as mxp topsheet *too* stiff

Your backhand rubber?

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:58pm
A German Timo Boll style spinny player in the usatt 1900 told me that his Vega Europe on his TBS feels exactly like T64. Assuming you tried both, is it true in your experience?

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 9:51pm
I mean no, T64 is way faster

But the feel can be similar in that T64 feels soft like 43-45 degrees

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 12/12/2021 at 6:19pm
D05 usually but am thinking of maybe going a bit slower. Had even though about chinese rubber on the backhand.

I don't mind D05 it's a really great rubber but the price is becoming an issue after wrecking a brand new sheet on a crazy opening backhand opener.... after about 40 mins of play ...Cry

Just pain in one word...ok 5...

Date Posted: 12/13/2021 at 10:21am

D05 usually but am thinking of maybe going a bit slower. Had even though about chinese rubber on the backhand.

I don't mind D05 it's a really great rubber but the price is becoming an issue after wrecking a brand new sheet on a crazy opening backhand opener.... after about 40 mins of play ...Cry

Just pain in one word...ok 5...

Go for something like Victas V15 or even tenergy 80?

I will boost Hybrid K3 with seamoon national (just 1 medium layer) after the factory boost wears off. I think it will respond very well - what do you think?

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 12/13/2021 at 3:58pm
I've been lucky enough to get a sheet of K3 from Simon (MOG).  Very impressive rubber.  I wasn't sure what to make of it when it arrived - not as tacky as I'd expected (less than Rakza Z), small pore sponge, and incredibly short pips under the topsheet.

But man, it's a top rubber.  Bit harder to use than R-Z, arc stays a little low, but wow you can generate serious power with good contact on the ball.

I would expect it to respond well to booster - if it starts to fade away.

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 12/13/2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

But man, it's a top rubber.  Bit harder to use than R-Z, arc stays a little low, but wow you can generate serious power with good contact on the ball.

What about the amount of spin AndySmith? Always interested to hear your view, as mine often seems the same, so we must have similar technique perhaps. Wink

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Date Posted: 12/14/2021 at 5:54am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

What about the amount of spin AndySmith? Always interested to hear your view, as mine often seems the same, so we must have similar technique perhaps. Wink

Spin is very high on anything other than passive shots.  And it makes an incredible "CRACK" sound too, so probably heavily factory boosted as people have suggested already.

Best comparison I can think of - it's like a very, very slightly tacky MX-S.  Has very high stability on drives and counters, little bit slower, but instant grab on the ball and easier to brush loop.  But not as forgiving in terms of arc as Rakza Z.  If you're fast on your feet and have good technique then that won't matter to you.  If you're old, fat and lazy like me then you might find it a bit demanding.  It rewards active play more than R-Z.

It has a great mix of being relatively easy on direct shots (block, counter) while having a really dangerous top-end.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/14/2021 at 7:47am
Yes that click sound is absolutely ridiculous, louder than my T64 with a 53deg sponge. 

Feel like because it's so boosted out of the pack, once it dies, it will respond well to maintenance boosting - what do you think?

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Spin is very high on anything other than passive shots.  And it makes an incredible "CRACK" sound too, so probably heavily factory boosted as people have suggested already.

Best comparison I can think of - it's like a very, very slightly tacky MX-S.  Has very high stability on drives and counters, little bit slower, but instant grab on the ball and easier to brush loop.  But not as forgiving in terms of arc as Rakza Z.  If you're fast on your feet and have good technique then that won't matter to you.  If you're old, fat and lazy like me then you might find it a bit demanding.  It rewards active play more than R-Z.

It has a great mix of being relatively easy on direct shots (block, counter) while having a really dangerous top-end.

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:02am
I might go for something like a cheaper battle 2 or even a H3 on the backhand. Boost the life out of it and see if the grip helps. If not I'll stick with D05 I think. 

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:08am

I've been lucky enough to get a sheet of K3 from Simon (MOG).  Very impressive rubber.  I wasn't sure what to make of it when it arrived - not as tacky as I'd expected (less than Rakza Z), small pore sponge, and incredibly short pips under the topsheet.

I would expect it to respond well to booster - if it starts to fade away.
Andy, Is the top end spin or if you want power, significantly different between the THK3 and R-Z?

Date Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:26am

Yes that click sound is absolutely ridiculous, louder than my T64 with a 53deg sponge. 

Feel like because it's so boosted out of the pack, once it dies, it will respond well to maintenance boosting - what do you think?

I looks like it has a good sponge for that, impossible to know until you try but a friend of mine has had a lot of fun boosting Rakza Z (with falco).  Can't see why it wouldn't work with K3.

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Andy, Is the top end spin or if you want power, significantly different between the THK3 and R-Z?

I think it's noticeable yes.  K3 plays faster, more direct, with similar spin levels so the end result is a better combination of speed and spin.  Counterlooping is very impressive.  I feel safer playing with R-Z though.

-------------

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 12/14/2021 at 10:07am
"I think it's noticeable yes.  K3 plays faster, more direct, with similar spin levels so the end result is a better combination of speed and spin.  Counterlooping is very impressive.  I feel safer playing with R-Z though"
Know what you are saying.  Thanks.

Date Posted: 12/15/2021 at 9:37am

I looks like it has a good sponge for that, impossible to know until you try but a friend of mine has had a lot of fun boosting Rakza Z (with falco).  Can't see why it wouldn't work with K3.

I think it's noticeable yes.  K3 plays faster, more direct, with similar spin levels so the end result is a better combination of speed and spin.  Counterlooping is very impressive.  I feel safer playing with R-Z though.
Yes I think will be nice boosting, especially as it will die faster than my Tenergy on backhand.

Also I found K3 to have similar tack (maybe slightly lower) than Rakza Z, but it's significantly faster which is great

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 12/15/2021 at 10:44am

Yes I think will be nice boosting, especially as it will die faster than my Tenergy on backhand.

Also I found K3 to have similar tack (maybe slightly lower) than Rakza Z, but it's significantly faster which is great

I have one question. My friend has tenergies on his timo boll alc. They are 1.5-2 years old. They look worn out and don't feel really grippy. But, he can produce tremendous spin it on chops and topspins. Moreover, he says that this the benefit of butterfly rubbers like tenergy and dignics that they last for a long time. Is that true? If this is the case then the high price of tenergy is justified. Isn't it?

Date Posted: 12/15/2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

I have one question. My friend has tenergies on his timo boll alc. They are 1.5-2 years old. They look worn out and don't feel really grippy. But, he can produce tremendous spin it on chops and topspins. Moreover, he says that this the benefit of butterfly rubbers like tenergy and dignics that they last for a long time. Is that true? If this is the case then the high price of tenergy is justified. Isn't it?

I have a friend who does this too - uses rubbers until they're worn out, and then carries on anyway.  He then has a shock when he eventually replaces them.  Fair enough if that's your bag.

I don't like using rubbers when the surface grip has REALLY died.  Some players can get along with it and focus on generating spin mechanically via the sponge and not the topsheet, but that's not my way.  Using a sheet of tenergy for 2 years and then claiming that they last longer is tenuous in my opinion because that 2 year old sheet isn't playing like a fresh one for the majority of players.

Having said that, I find that tenergies and dignics do last longer than average.  But not to the extent that I'd pay £80 for a sheet of Dignics over £30 for a sheet of Rakza Z, which I prefer in playing characteristics anyway.  Important to remember that this stuff is all very subjective, there are no right answers, and people find value-for-money in different ways.

-------------

Posted By: Jackcerry
Date Posted: 12/26/2021 at 9:22am
we have made a video review of the K3! I Hope you like it!

You can enable english subtitles Smile

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 12/26/2021 at 9:36am
TTD in Italian ))

Date Posted: 12/26/2021 at 9:51am
Ok I see hype about K3, why no one cares about Tibhar Quantum X Pro and X Pro soft? I find one of their (Tibhar) top model with blue and pink color, I asked because I have EJ problem with short pips on backhand (a lot of Black and less red short pips but I still want use red and black on different days and I know about rules different color of topsheet=red) but in amateur league they didnt care so I want try blue/pink rubber on forehand and change pips, not to confuse my opponent but still gluing different color pips without problems on even training. I don't want to change every day my forehand rubber

Posted By: ThePongProfessor
Date Posted: 12/28/2021 at 3:43pm
For anyone interested, my review of this rubber has been published http://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-tibhar-hybrid-k3" rel="nofollow - here .

-------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/feedback-thepongprofessor_topic69419.html" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 12/28/2021 at 8:18pm
So many years have gone by, but I have still not found anything close to a well boosted H3N.
Tried K3, disappointed by the lack of gears and lack of top end speed. Short game is so so and this hybrid leans more towards the Euro side rather than the Chinese side. Reminds me of Oalio Thors.

Definitely a step below Dignics 09C and a little worse off compared to Rakza X EH.

Date Posted: 12/28/2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

So many years have gone by, but I have still not found anything close to a well boosted H3N.
Tried K3, disappointed by the lack of gears and lack of top end speed. Short game is so so and this hybrid leans more towards the Euro side rather than the Chinese side. Reminds me of Oalio Thors.

Definitely a step below Dignics 09C and a little worse off compared to Rakza X EH.

I've been using K1 plus and it's quite good like boosted H3 Neo. But imo D09c is really hard to beat but it does cost a bomb Dead 

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 12/29/2021 at 4:36am
maybe sieger pk 50?

Posted By: pleiades
Date Posted: 01/03/2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

Xiom Tau & Tau II, Palio Thors.

I really like Nittaku Hurricane Pro Turbo Blue & Orange (not ESN obviously), but they are stupid heavy. I am going to try them in 1.8mm next to see if that saves enough weight to make them useable. I don't think you need much sponge thickness for those given the hardness of their sponges, plus I mainly brush loop. 

*Update* 1.8mm NH3PT Blue & Orange on a 90g blade still comes in at 206g glued, so you only save around 5-6g vs 2mm. The low weight of Hybrid K3 is a massive advantage it has over rivals, even if it isn't 'sticky' and is closer to D05/D09 than H3. My team mate is using K3 on his forehand and I have never seen him be more consistent and he seems to have less trouble returning spinny serves than when he used MX-D before. 
Take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt as I'm not an expert player or table tennis equipment reviewer.
My blade is an OSP Virtuoso AC 150x157. I useT05 on BH and on FH prior to K3 I used MX-D.
From memory I found K3 to be as spinny as MX-D but perhaps not quite as fast below full power, K3 had a slightly harder feel as well initially.
With the K3 I over hit less and in general was able to use more power/was more comfortable putting more into strokes without fear of hitting long/over hitting.
Took this rubber off after 8/9 weeks approximately 80-100 hours as the top sheet was worn to the point I felt it was an issue in the hit areas and felt like there was slippage/lack of grip  on brush strokes. The entire top sheet looked battered/like it had seen much better days in general really.  Don't know if I'm expecting to much but i expect more duration than this from rubbers.
Have put on a sheet of very very lightly (few hrs) used 09c. First session 2/3 hrs was not great, had a terrible time adjusting. 9/10 hrs in and I'm still adjusting, some things I did with K3 I just can't do with 09c at the moment. Haven't worked out bat angles yet and don't feel comfortable using as much power as with K3 yet.  10 or so hours of focused training/multi ball is going to help familiarisation/adjustment.
very interested in the durability as well!?

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 03/08/2023 at 7:00am
Did anyone try K3 on ZLC blades, IF ZLC for example? Is it a good match?

Posted By: Zwill
Date Posted: 03/08/2023 at 3:21pm
I'm now trying it on the Joola Vyzaryz Trinity, which is the triple weave blade, zylon, arylate and carbon.
It is an outer carbon as well but it works beautifully with it. Too good in fact.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net