Print Page | Close Window

2021 WTT Slovenia Nov. 4-14

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: General
Forum Description: This forum is for general discussions about table tennis.
Moderator: NextLevel
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90948
Printed Date: 01/21/2022 at 3:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2021 WTT Slovenia Nov. 4-14
Posted By: kindof99
Subject: 2021 WTT Slovenia Nov. 4-14
Date Posted: 10/31/2021 at 12:19pm
This event is about to start. LGL, LJK, and WCQ will play.

How do you feel about the new WTT? 

Maybe I am stubborn, but I like the old ITTF website and video format better.  WTT is not for amateur viewers.

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Replies:
Date Posted: 11/01/2021 at 5:08pm
Zhou Qihao and Liu Dingshuo will play tomorrow in the second round the qualification. Let's see whether they can go through the three rounds of the qualification. 

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Posted By: Egghead
Date Posted: 11/01/2021 at 8:23pm
Now, it seems that you can watch the matches on Youtube. the problem is that you have no idea who is playing on which table Cry

-------------
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX

Date Posted: 11/01/2021 at 8:26pm
WTT is really a mess compared to the old ITTF TV

-------------

Posted By: reflecx
Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 5:50am
Zhou Qihao is out after losing his first match in the qualifying rounds. Will he still get to go to WTTC?

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 6:02am
Originally posted by reflecx reflecx wrote:

Zhou Qihao is out after losing his first match in the qualifying rounds. Will he still get to go to WTTC?

Of course unless he is injured.   You play tournaments to learn what to fix at big events.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 6:35am
Zhou seems to have some difficulties managing to handle the pressure.
playing Vs FZD or Ma Long, nothing to lose, no pressure or playing Vs European players and having everything to lose...that is not the same story.

-------------
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, dignics 09 max, super do knuckle, 1,4mm

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Now, it seems that you can watch the matches on Youtube. the problem is that you have no idea who is playing on which table Cry

It says who play on which table
https://worldtabletennis.com/results

Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 8:32am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

playing Vs FZD or Ma Long, nothing to lose, no pressure or playing Vs European players and having everything to lose...that is not the same story.

Then that what needs to be worked on.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov

Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Then that what needs to be worked on.

Kosolosky (one of my compatriots) plays in the second German league with a balance of 3  wins and 7 defeats sofar this season. I understand your comment but we can clearly say that Zhou totally messed this match.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 10:19am
Zhou's style is good playing against players he knows very well. Against strange players, I am afraid that he will keep having problems.

CNT does see that their new generation players do not have that dominating power anymore. Can playing more tournaments really fix that? We will see.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Zhou's style is good playing against players he knows very well. Against strange players, I am afraid that he will keep having problems.

CNT does see that their new generation players do not have that dominating power anymore. Can playing more tournaments really fix that? We will see.

Not everybody is able to support such a pressure : "losing from a foreign player is NOT an option"

-------------

Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 10:44am

Not everybody is able to support such a pressure : "losing from a foreign player is NOT an option"

Playing good under pressure is the way to find good player. And ZQH failed the test again. And this is only a WTT event. ZQH will play the WTTC too. See whether he can hold up better in the coming tournament and WTTC. If not, his career in CNT probably ends soon.

-------------

Posted By: Lightspin
Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 11:18am
The Chinese tend to blast the ball at each other fairly close to the table.  Some Euro players are adept at backing up and fishing.  I think ZQH has trouble with players that back up more than he is used to.  Normally at big tournaments I just predict China to win everything in sight.  For the women at the World Championships look for them to win everything in sight.  For the men, well I think they are going to have a hard time.  I think FZD will find a way to win but the other medals are up for grabs.   

Date Posted: 11/02/2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by reflecx reflecx wrote:

Of course unless he is injured.   You play tournaments to learn what to fix at big events.
is there a CNT rule which a CNT player can not play the following event after they lost in the qlf round or first round?

Anyway, that is not the first time zhou out in the qlf draw. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/03/2021 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

The Chinese tend to blast the ball at each other fairly close to the table.  Some Euro players are adept at backing up and fishing.  I think ZQH has trouble with players that back up more than he is used to.  Normally at big tournaments I just predict China to win everything in sight.  For the women at the World Championships look for them to win everything in sight.  For the men, well I think they are going to have a hard time.  I think FZD will find a way to win but the other medals are up for grabs.   

I think Liang and Wang have become pretty solid as well.  A lot will depend in the draw because they don't have separation by national association. 

-------------
Mazunov

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 11/03/2021 at 2:39am

Tbh, they only need FZD lol...

-------------
-------
Hurricane Long 5
FH: Tibhar K1 Plus
BH: Dignics 05

Date Posted: 11/03/2021 at 9:36am
ZQH and LGY lost in the men's double as well..

-------------

Date Posted: 11/03/2021 at 10:26am
I checked the list of registered players for Houston and at first, I didn't see his name but he is still registed......

-------------

Date Posted: 11/03/2021 at 2:17pm
LGY and ZQH lucky losers in double

-------------

Date Posted: 11/05/2021 at 9:47am
Exit for LGY

-------------

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 11/05/2021 at 10:03am

Exit for LGY

Could this be the best career win for Drinkhall?

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 11/05/2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Wang chuqin has defeated all players.

Date Posted: 11/06/2021 at 12:04pm
WANG Chuqin  vs  LIU Dingshuo  (start at 1:12:00) ClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 11/06/2021 at 6:59pm
Poor Wang Chuqin

Date Posted: 11/06/2021 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

For some reason, CNT has never produced a dominating lefty (LGL, KLH, WLQ, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, FZD are all righties), not sure if the curse will continue with LGY and WCQ.

-------------
-------
Hurricane Long 5

Date Posted: 11/07/2021 at 2:23am

For some reason, CNT has never produced a dominating lefty (LGL, KLH, WLQ, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, FZD are all righties), not sure if the curse will continue with LGY and WCQ.

Xu  Xin is not a dominating lefty for you ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/07/2021 at 10:16am
Dramatic win by ZCQ/LGY in men's doubles

-------------

Date Posted: 11/07/2021 at 10:18am
BY the way, does anyone know how to watch the full match of past event at wtt? It appears that there is not highlight or full match replay at all.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/07/2021 at 5:36pm
Is there is on yuotube LGY - Drinkhall game, Jingkun - PERSSON and GERASSIMENKO - LIU Dingshuo? Looks like WTT didn't record it :(

Date Posted: 11/07/2021 at 5:40pm

Xu  Xin is not a dominating lefty for you ? 
He's completely overshadowed by his righty peers (Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Zhang Jike) for the most part - he's like the 3rd seed in the CNT team for the most part.

-------------
-------
Hurricane Long 5

Date Posted: 11/07/2021 at 7:59pm

BY the way, does anyone know how to watch the full match of past event at wtt? It appears that there is not highlight or full match replay at all.
Did you register at their website? maybe it is avaiable in the video section.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/08/2021 at 2:20pm
WTT contender NOVO, MESTO just started  today. More highly ranking players will play

-------------

Date Posted: 11/08/2021 at 2:22pm

Couldn't find videos of the recent matches. I would say that the WTT website is much worse than the ITT website in many aspects. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/09/2021 at 6:11pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxgHWEfTwYE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxgHWEfTwYE

Date Posted: 11/10/2021 at 8:32pm

Couldn't find videos of the recent matches. I would say that the WTT website is much worse than the ITT website in many aspects. 
Ya, it seemed they would remove the livestreamed gamedays' video link from their youtube channel after couple days. Unless they will have a VOD service very soon, makes no sense at all.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2021 at 9:55am
WTT website and live stream are a mess and "I don't care about you silly viewers" is written everywhere.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2021 at 10:01am
Lebrun defeated a poor CCY ! I think with Lebrun, the French have a player with a big potential. A nice RPB game

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2021 at 11:15am

Lebrun defeated a poor CCY ! I think with Lebrun, the French have a player with a big potential. A nice RPB game

Surprised to see a French playing RPB, with glasses professional TT playerSmile

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2021 at 11:18am

Surprised to see a French playing RPB, with glasses professional TT playerSmile
only 15 years old..also qualified in the doubles.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/13/2021 at 8:56am
Ni, Xialian , 58 just beat Wang yidi 3:2

-------------

Date Posted: 11/13/2021 at 12:27pm

And Bergström.....Now she is in final....

-------------

Date Posted: 11/13/2021 at 2:50pm

Wait what? How did it happen lol

-------------
-------
Hurricane Long 5

Date Posted: 11/14/2021 at 2:19am
Intelligence VS brutality...Intelligence won.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/15/2021 at 4:05pm
Highlights of the final between LJK and WCQ

https://www.ixigua.com/7030636065228587523?logTag=0751a39adecd43776496" rel="nofollow - https://www.ixigua.com/7030636065228587523?logTag=0751a39adecd43776496

-------------

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 11/17/2021 at 1:24pm
It's reported CCY's right hand was experiencing numbness the week before this tournament, during the ETTU Champions League. He couldn't control his BH at all. Suspected to be related to an old injury from a herniated disk, he wanted to pull out at first to get it checked back home but decided to take part after 3 days of rest.

https://sports.ltn.com.tw/news/breakingnews/3734088" rel="nofollow - https://sports.ltn.com.tw/news/breakingnews/3734088
Quote 世界排名25的莊智淵名列男單第7種子,但他上週在歐洲冠軍聯賽期間就出現右手臂發麻的症狀,反手拍完全無法控制,懷疑是椎間盤突出的舊疾,�£�迫神經導致。

因為過去從未發生這麼嚴重的情況,莊智淵很擔心桌球生涯受影響,原本想放�£�這一站賽事,直接�£�回台�£做詳細檢查,但在休息3天後,仍決定硬著頭皮上場。

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 11/17/2021 at 10:30pm

Highlights of the final between LJK and WCQ

https://www.ixigua.com/7030636065228587523?logTag=0751a39adecd43776496" rel="nofollow - https://www.ixigua.com/7030636065228587523?logTag=0751a39adecd43776496
Thank you for the link.
LJK scored 5 points in a row when facing 3 match points, we'll put that one in the mentally solid category.

-------------
/forum/fs-blades-that-matter_topic89990.html" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 11/18/2021 at 6:00am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NkqzOD_FA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NkqzOD_FA

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net