Print Page | Close Window

Stiga Cybershape Blade Review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91095
Printed Date: 04/24/2024 at 9:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stiga Cybershape Blade Review
Posted By: yogi_bear
Subject: Stiga Cybershape Blade Review
Date Posted: 12/09/2021 at 5:38pm

Stiga Cybershape Blade

Weight: 84 grams

Thickness: 6.1mm

Blade head Size: 155mm x 157mm

Plies: 7 (Koto Outer -2nd layer ayous? – CCF layer – Ayous?)

Speed: Off to Off+

Now I have it in my hands! I had the new Stiga Cybershape blade 2 weeks ago and I spent a lot of time testing this and also showing it to other people. Stiga has spent a lot of effort for this product. For the first time, I have seen they have doubled their efforts even just the packaging. The box itself has instructions on how to care for the racket and the box design is out of the ordinary packaging for a Stiga blade. The packaging really stands out from the rest of their blade boxes because this one is unlike any other blade box they have made and it is beautiful to look at.  The Blade itself is unique. Actually, I did not expect Stiga to gamble on this design because it is unconventional. I was doubtful at first to be honest. There are types of players like me who are bothered by certain blade designs maybe on the little obsessive-compulsive side but I really wanted to give the Cybershape a try. Afterall, it is the way a blade plays and the performance that makes it a great blade. Aesthetically speaking, the hexagonal shape is not for everybody but the more you look at the Cybershape blade, the more it becomes pleasant to watch. In my own opinion, this looks better than the Damien Eloi Blade which looks like a violin or a Madara character accessory from anime.

The Cyber shape has a 155mm width and a 157 length when I measured it. The measurement for its width was measured on its widest bilateral pointed parts. The sides measure each 8cm and 7 cm alternately starting from the top of the blade. For years, I have been bothering Stiga about the neck or wing part of their blades because we all know Stiga blades need sanding on their blades. The Cybershape on this area has a good feature because due to the angled designed on the bottom part of the blade, the neck or wing part is much smaller and it does not bother my middle finger anymore. I do not think you would need sanding of the neck part anymore for this blade. The top koto ply is lacquered but the seal is thin so I suggest you would still seal the blade before gluing rubbers onto it. The metal logo is a first too from Stiga. The changing of colors when vexposed to light at different angles reveals a bluish or purple hue and this is beautiful to look at. I would say the construction of this blade is very detailed and impressive.

The speed of the Cybershape is actually not too fast. Although it inclines more on the off+ side, it is still not that fast compared to previous Inspira, Legacy or Dynasty blades. It is plenty fast but despite having a 6.1mm to 6.2mm thickness, it is not on par with the previously produced blades by Stiga. In my opinion, Stiga made this blade as a more controllable blade because of their DNA Platinum rubber series. The Platinum rubbers especially the Hard and Extra Hard versions are one of the fastest rubbers in the market right now so it is only fitting to pair it with a controllable blade. I have tried the regular DNA H, Dragon Grip and an entry-level Chinese rubber on the Cybershape and I would never categorize the setup as a slow one. Even with the entry level Chinese rubber, I never felt the blade to be slow. In fairness, I did boost the entry level Chinese rubber but the difference between the boosted and unboosted one is very small in terms of speed so it would still indicate that the blade has more than enough speed to cover the Chinese rubber’s slow speed. I encourage everyone to maybe consider a setup that has a more controllable blade with fast rubbers instead of the opposite because the blade is like an extension of your arm and it is easier to handle a more controllable blade rather than using a very fast one even with a slower pair of rubbers.

The Cybershape has a medium stiff feel. The 6.1mm to 6.2mm thickness makes it thicker than most of the looping blades in the market. The Cybershape’s performance is not really mainly on its speed but rather on the good and unique feel plus a balance of easy handling and good speed. Do not expect too much speed from the Cybershape but expect the good ball feedback in your hand to play better. Due to my being partially obsessive-compulsive, had this been a regular shaped-blade this could have been the perfect blade but if you can look past the hexagonal shape of the blade then the blade’s performance will make up with the unique shape. The arc is mostly affected by the rubbers you use. I used the DNA H regular, Dragon Grip and an entry-level Chinese rubber for the test and the set up overall has a medium to medium low arc.

Now for some concerns of most people. Does the Cybershape vibrates a lot? Definitely no! This has the finest feeling of all Stiga composite blades right now and never had excessive vibrations. Does the Cybershape help players hit better with its increased hitting area? Yes and no. To some extent if your hitting area is scattered, the large sweet spot will help you in a way but for trained players usually the ball hits an area of 2x2 inches in the middle of the blade head so I do no think it matters a lot. Can you use rubbers from normal shaped blades to the Cybershape. I know people have concerns about transferring and reusing rubbers due to the unique shape of the Cybershape but so far, only rubbers from large headed blades like defensive blades could be reused with the Cybershape. Does the angled or pointed sides of the blade hit the table when doing short strokes like dropshots or flicks? No, I have not experienced it. I did hit the angled side of the blade with the ball but it was more due to timing because the blade was lighter than my original setup.

Stiga took a lot of gamble in making this blade and in my opinion, they succeeded! I have heard Stiga sold a lot of Cybershape blades after Truls Moregard reached the finals. Some would argue that he is a pro and he can use any blade but we can also argue the other way around that the blade really plays well and I believe it goes beyond the shape. I am more focused on how it plays as what I was pointing before. This is a great blade if you can look past the unconventional shape. I have seen some blade makers online follow the shape of the blade so it might be something! Overall, this balde will not disappoint you in terms of performance and feel.

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Replies:
Posted By: aerial
Date Posted: 12/09/2021 at 6:11pm
thanks for the review

Posted By: plazm
Date Posted: 12/09/2021 at 6:13pm
Stiga should release Cybershape Clipper or other all-wood variant, and I will buy them for sure..

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 12/09/2021 at 10:03pm
I still wonder why everyone who talk about this blade call it "hexagonal shape"...

Posted By: jfolsen
Date Posted: 12/09/2021 at 10:14pm
Heptagon sounds weird.

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 1:47am
I heard a lot of good stuff for this blade, will most probably try it when it comes out. I heard the increased sweet spot helps tremendously in reducing unforced errors.

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 3:11am
Perhaps what remains from Stiga is a cybershape ball Wacko
Stiga has been selling the same old blade compositions and designs forever now. They have not innovated with new materials or composition like Butterfly or Xiom (lately) have, so they have gone overboard with changing the head shape...bonkers

Does this blade have joint or is it jointless?
How high/low is the balance point? Is it head heavy?
What are the chances of clipping the edge when hitting a half long ball?

Posted By: Basquests
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 4:37am
Given the blade is 220euro and rubbers are going to be junk if you don't like it, seems like a 300 euro experiment.

I'll wait, although I do think it'd suit SP FH / my game, potentially. Just may be too fast.

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Given the blade is 220euro and rubbers are going to be junk if you don't like it, seems like a 300 euro experiment.

I'll wait, although I do think it'd suit SP FH / my game, potentially. Just may be too fast.

It may be too soft for SP but the speed is not too fast. 

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:37am
As always in reviews everything is perfect :)

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:38am
The core is most likely kiri.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Yes because I cannot fund the holes of an ayous layer that is why i placed a question mark. 

-------------

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 10:44am
From the review, I gather the cybershape dimension is an unnecessary inconvenience as far as swapping rubbers is concerned and without enough offsetting benefits.  My take save- your money and use it for a superior regular blade unless this novelty tickles your fancy.  Perspective from a value (cheap) guy.

Posted By: Zwill
Date Posted: 12/10/2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

From the photos it looks 100% kiri core.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max

Date Posted: 12/11/2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

It may be too soft for SP but the speed is not too fast. 

I don't know too much about hardness and softness, I just know what plays wells and tinker from there, knowing I probably won't benefit from a huge change in stiffness/hardness/throw. 

Given I use Falck's SP's on the FH [Razka PO] with an Acoustic Inner carbon [medium hardness], I'll have to do more research and see where cybershape stacks up relative to my blade.

I'm sure given Falck's SP's are kind of a halfway house between old-style SP's and normal rubber, its far less solved/temperamental towards slightly softer blades etc. You can loop/push with heavy spin, normal spin, loop (or push) w/ no spin or flat-hit. It's just yeah,  the tradeoff flat-hitting is not nearly as easy as it would be with classic SP's.

Date Posted: 12/11/2021 at 11:33pm
This will probably play amazing with high dwell rubbers like the cheapo tacky rubbers haha

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: jfolsen
Date Posted: 12/11/2021 at 11:37pm
Stiga is missing the boat here, they could have sold hundreds of these in the United States if they were available.

Posted By: igorponger
Date Posted: 12/12/2021 at 1:51am
PLAGIARISM AT 220 USD.
Fine doings these. They took over the original plywood structure from a China maker and they just cut off the original ellipse..
The original Chinese blade is here.

Be happy.

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 12/12/2021 at 2:56am
Just a common blade with..a different shape...

-------------
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Date Posted: 12/12/2021 at 3:53pm
Most stores will not have these blades until Feb. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2021 at 6:48pm
Heh, keep a dress seven years and it comes in vogue again.
http://sun9-24.userapi.com/zlrg_ye2SUuiYkhLZpw0wAMytrccZVXG5tGh8w/XDhdJe_a1og.jpg" rel="nofollow - Chinese product to offer you playgame just the same as the Sweden's.

Be happy. Play the game on the economy benefit.

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 12/12/2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Heh, keep a dress seven years and it comes in vogue again.
http://sun9-24.userapi.com/zlrg_ye2SUuiYkhLZpw0wAMytrccZVXG5tGh8w/XDhdJe_a1og.jpg" rel="nofollow - Chinese product to offer you playgame just the same as the Sweden's.

Be happy. Play the game on the economy benefit.

Igor the mad umpire strikes back.

Posted By: ddoocc
Date Posted: 12/17/2021 at 1:18am
All blade makers have their own version of Viscaria, and probably also have their own version of Inner force ALC, it's not a shame.

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 12/17/2021 at 5:20am
Yogi: Did you find it easier or harder to cut the rubbers for this blade?

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Date Posted: 12/19/2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yogi: Did you find it easier or harder to cut the rubbers for this blade?

it was easier bro. it's just that I am used to cutting rubbers in a single or 2 slices.

-------------

Posted By: DonnOlsen
Date Posted: 12/19/2021 at 9:29pm
Hi, 

Oh, this is precious: The detailed review poster is in the Philippines and the poster has the blade?  The Philippines?

Now it is obvious what is needed for the best understanding: How does it compare to the much-used popular blades like Viscaria and the Timo Boll series.  

The interesting and informative review indicates it is a first rate blade; if so, it is not inappropriately priced.

Thanks.

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Date Posted: 12/20/2021 at 7:52am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi, 

Oh, this is precious: The detailed review poster is in the Philippines and the poster has the blade?  The Philippines?

Now it is obvious what is needed for the best understanding: How does it compare to the much-used popular blades like Viscaria and the Timo Boll series.  

The interesting and informative review indicates it is a first rate blade; if so, it is not inappropriately priced.

Thanks.

Second the motion for the comparison to Viscaria.

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: dajdosta
Date Posted: 12/20/2021 at 10:40am
Viscaria is more rounded blade.

Posted By: DonnOlsen
Date Posted: 12/20/2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

OK, that's a start.

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Posted By: Simon_plays
Date Posted: 12/20/2021 at 11:21am

Clap

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 12/20/2021 at 3:48pm

OK, that's a start.
We're going somewhere! LOL 

In my opinion, Viscaria is neither hexagonal nor heptagonal, it is more oneagonal.

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 1:03am

Hi, 

Thanks.

What has the location have to do with the review?? And yes I have blades from different companies now for 10 years. Why would I compare it directly to a Viscaria if it has a different structure? The Cybershape has an inner carbon layer??
Its is almost the end of 2021 and people online still insert stupid comments. Goodness! 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 2:21am
@yogi_bear 

Thanks for the review, could you also mention about the dwell / spin characteristics of this blade? I guess being an inner carbon blade it would play similarly to say innerforce ALC or hurricane long 5? Also, how does it feel in the short push game (especially with say Chinese rubbers)?

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: yoyoman
Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:11am

Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:32am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

@yogi_bear 

Thanks for the review, could you also mention about the dwell / spin characteristics of this blade? I guess being an inner carbon blade it would play similarly to say innerforce ALC or hurricane long 5? Also, how does it feel in the short push game (especially with say Chinese rubbers)?

I have used it with H3 37 and as was mentioned in the review an entry level chinese rubber. It was a Sanwei T-88 that has 2 layers of Seamoon. It dis not feel too bouncy with both Euro and Chinese rubbers. There were times the IF ALC was a bit faster. It ia not picky on rubbers. If you worry about short shots, you will not have any problem with Cybershape. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:33am
Originally posted by yoyoman yoyoman wrote:

I ordered A cybershap blade shape all wood by someone who makes handmade blades.
I just like to have another model / shape blade .
Also because I don,t like playing with faster carbon blade

So you are the one who ordered this from SDC

-------------

Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 6:44am
Carbonized veneer is the key.
What is it? Well, it is the greatest innovative wooden material introduced by Chinese XVN since 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 6:55am
Reply to yogi bear

I am the second one I think the first one is not me.
If Stiga would have made a cheaper model from normal or 5 or 7 plie wood for a normal price I would have bougt it there.
There is also someone in Turkey *(thats the foto bellow) who made this model. But I did not know about that one.
And by the time I found out I ordered allready the other one.
But I still have about 7 or 8 decent other frames / bats I can use while waiting. :-)

Posted By: aeoliah
Date Posted: 12/21/2021 at 8:22pm
Isn't it patented by Stiga ?

-------------
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Date Posted: 12/22/2021 at 4:56am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Isn't it patented by Stiga ?

Website says patent is pending. 

Posted By: Oliverpool
Date Posted: 12/22/2021 at 11:36pm
I just tried the penhold version. Its slightly more head heavy then standard blades. But as my blade is 83grams while my normal ones are around 93grams, its still ok.  

Used Dragon Grip on my FH as opposed to my normal H3 Neo 39degree on my Dynasty carbon. And I have to say, the larger sweet spot is very real. It almost seems like you can even hit the ball near the edge and it still feels very much like a normal ball.  I would say its way slower then Timo Bolt ALC and slightly softer/slower then the dynasty carbon.  But still pretty easy to activate the carbon even with a medium stroke. Almost plays like a control blade but faster.  

Date Posted: 12/23/2021 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Oliverpool Oliverpool wrote:

I just tried the penhold version. Its slightly more head heavy then standard blades. But as my blade is 83grams while my normal ones are around 93grams, its still ok.  

Used Dragon Grip on my FH as opposed to my normal H3 Neo 39degree on my Dynasty carbon. And I have to say, the larger sweet spot is very real. It almost seems like you can even hit the ball near the edge and it still feels very much like a normal ball.  I would say its way slower then Timo Bolt ALC and slightly softer/slower then the dynasty carbon.  But still pretty easy to activate the carbon even with a medium stroke. Almost plays like a control blade but faster.  

I always mishit the ball in areas with poor lighting, this would probably help me reduce those errors a lot :)

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Posted By: ericd937
Date Posted: 12/23/2021 at 2:29am
I can't help it, I just want to call it the cybersex blade. LOL

-------------
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.

Posted By: Simon_plays
Date Posted: 12/23/2021 at 3:03am

I ordered A cybershap blade shape all wood by someone who makes handmade blades.
I just like to have another model / shape blade .
Also because I don,t like playing with faster carbon blade

So you are the one who ordered this from SDC

No, this is my blade at the moment. Have played with it about 5 times now and really like it. 

Might be because this is just a heavier version of my regular blade, might be the new rubbers OR might be the 11% larger sweet spot and knowledge that I'm hitting with Thor's hammer.

Hopefully Stiga will produce some of their classic blades in this shape.

Date Posted: 12/23/2021 at 3:26am
BTW the blade shown below is sold by me now to a team mate. Smile
I liked the SDC blade I bought better than the Chinese version cybershape and I can't afford the real one. 

Date Posted: 01/04/2022 at 6:45pm
@ Yogi Bear
Some more information, please    
AB = 155 mm
EH = 157 mm

Could you please give us geometrical measurements on the blade, as shown
CD =
Ef =
fg =
L =

Thanks a lot in advance.

Date Posted: 01/04/2022 at 8:03pm
I have the Chinese cheap version all ready here.  uploads/39216/IMG_20220104_153855.jpg" rel="nofollow - uploads/39216/IMG_20220104_153855.jpg

Date Posted: 01/04/2022 at 8:13pm
Here I have more pics 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYT_wY6jdQuSsPn-HUJ_pFOS8-oWDgwYEV3jHg0/?utm_medium=copy_link" rel="nofollow - https://www.instagram.com/p/CYT_wY6jdQuSsPn-HUJ_pFOS8-oWDgwYEV3jHg0/?utm_medium=copy_link

Date Posted: 01/06/2022 at 8:35am
@igorponger

AB= 155mm
CD=134mm
EH=160mm
Ef= 72mm
fg= 91mm
L= 86mm
Lenght of the handle =98mm

Posted By: notfound123
Date Posted: 01/06/2022 at 8:42am

AB= 155mm
EH=160mm

160x155 is a chopping blade size. If they ever release a 7ply version w/o carbon, I should be able to chop with this thing.

Date Posted: 01/06/2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

AB= 155mm
EH=160mm

160x155 is a chopping blade size. If they ever release a 7ply version w/o carbon, I should be able to chop with this thing.

The guy in Portugal where I bought the other one can make it for you.
I have payed quite a reasoneble price for the beatifull looking one. *(check the first page of this subject) that one is 5 ply but he can make it as you like. (7ply or 2 different woods for backhand and forehand 1 side one sort of wood and another kond of wood and carbon on the other side, Whatever you want you can also choose the handles. etc. etc.
One of my teammates is gonna order a fast one with penholder,next month as he has no money for it now. Also because of the different size you cant use old rubbers on it, so you have to buy new rubbers.
I bought mine from SDC 
https://www.sdcttblades.com/home" rel="nofollow - https://www.sdcttblades.com/home
https://www.instagram.com/sdc_tt_blades/" rel="nofollow - https://www.instagram.com/sdc_tt_blades/

Date Posted: 01/10/2022 at 9:12am

@igorponger

AB= 155mm
CD=134mm
EH=160mm
Ef= 72mm
fg= 91mm
L= 86mm
Lenght of the handle =98mm
Dear Sir,
Your information is very prompting, indeed.

Thanks a lot
Yours gratefully

Posted By: andzejgolot
Date Posted: 01/11/2022 at 4:25pm
I didn't read the review, but I really like the Stiga's  "clout"
If Aruna....we would have the same hype with green rubbers because one leg Timo Boll was not hard to beat, shout out LHA Lanak for taking his  "L" 

Date Posted: 01/21/2022 at 8:37pm

STUOR looks the closest to the original product. I dont bother much about the geometry unless I want to get a real feel of STIGA Cybershape.

Posted By: ankitduhai
Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 2:55am
Now this topic help me a lot to choose one for my self.

Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 3:14am
Originally posted by ankitduhai ankitduhai wrote:

Now this topic help me a lot to choose one for my self.

This one is realy excellent, the Stuor i mean

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 8:28am
I had Stuor HL5. It’s just garbage

Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 8:50am
if so get the SDC cybershape, I have it now it is excellent 👍

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 02/01/2022 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

STUOR looks the closest to the original product. I dont bother much about the geometry unless I want to get a real feel of STIGA Cybershape.
Stuor made by igor drinking vodka

Posted By: jt99sf
Date Posted: 02/01/2022 at 6:13pm
my club mates bought some of those Aliexpress copies. The reason they don’t play well is because they were made too thin. 

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Posted By: Dr.Cho
Date Posted: 02/08/2022 at 7:36pm
I noticed on the AliExpress site where some of these cheap imitations are sold.

They are using official Stiga background photos too.

Im wondering doesn't patent pending mean it can't be duplicated?

Dr. Cho

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

First of all "patent pending" doesn't mean much, just that a patent application has been filed but it has not been reviewed and granted yet. Often patent applications need to changed (or sometimes even completely dropped) once they are reviewed as some claims might be disallowed due to existing prior art. Then it would also be important to know in which countries and regions the application was filed since you only get the patent protection in the countries you filed. The more countries and regions you file in, the higher your fees are which can be quite substantial so this is often also an important consideration. And then there are a few countries where it tends to be notoriously difficult for foreign companies to have their patents legally enforced as courts will often rule in favor of the local company.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

First of all "patent pending" doesn't mean much, just that a patent application has been filed but it has not been reviewed and granted yet. Often patent applications need to changed (or sometimes even completely dropped) once they are reviewed as some claims might be disallowed due to existing prior art. Then it would also be important to know in which countries and regions the application was filed since you only get the patent protection in the countries you filed. The more countries and regions you file in, the higher your fees are which can be quite substantial so this is often also an important consideration. And then there are a few countries where it tends to be notoriously difficult for foreign companies to have their patents legally enforced as courts will often rule in favor of the local company.
don't be shy just say "in China"

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

don't be shy just say "in China"
There are some other countries as well though they may not be as relevant for TT.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: mon22
Date Posted: 10/04/2022 at 1:30am
what are people pairing this blade with?

ARCH is low but far 

I have Nittaku G1 Fastarc on both sides

Compared to HUGO HAL - the Hal definitely is slower, more control, higher arch and more flex 

Cyber shape is leaning more for flat hitters. This thing is great at service receive. It’s like a mini return board. 

Curious how Dignics 05 on the backhand will work. I felt the G1 too soft on this blade 

-------------
I am a total Newb. Come at me!

Posted By: liulin04
Date Posted: 10/04/2022 at 3:44am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

ARCH is low but far 

Compared to HUGO HAL - the Hal definitely is slower, more control, higher arch and more flex 

Cyber shape is leaning more for flat hitters. This thing is great at service receive. It’s like a mini return board. 

Curious how Dignics 05 on the backhand will work. I felt the G1 too soft on this blade 

I just purchased mine cpen version too!  Can't wait to try it out!

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35056&PN=14&title=feedback-liulin04" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Date Posted: 10/04/2022 at 8:08am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

ARCH is low but far 

I just purchased mine cpen version too!  Can't wait to try it out!

DNA Dragon Grip for forehand and DNA Platinum M for backhand works really well. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10/05/2022 at 9:28am

ARCH is low but far 

I just paired it with good old boosted Hurricane 3 and it's starting to work amazing. So on softer shots the Hurricane 3 topsheet will do it's magic (short game, serve, receive), but on harder shots for eg loops the blade will provide the much needed speed that Hurricane lacks. 

I think on the BH D05 will also work amazing, although I currently have V15 extra on BH which has it's advantages although it's not as spinny as D05 - namely more linear control and being relatively spin insensitive which allows for really easy chiquitas and service receive. I dig this setup at the moment. 

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 10/05/2022 at 9:58am

Cyber shape is leaning more for flat hitters. 

Flat hitters? It's a looping blade. My son plays with V>15 extra on his cybershape, both sides, and it's a looping monster.

Date Posted: 10/05/2022 at 1:02pm
I’m sure anyone can loop with any blades.

Based on my experience in COMPARISON to a Hugo Hal at 5.8mm thickness or TB ZLC at 5.6mm.

It’s “leaning” and excelling better at flat hits. 

Happy for your son though. 

-------------

Posted By: bard romance
Date Posted: 10/05/2022 at 2:17pm

Cyber shape is leaning more for flat hitters. 

Flat hitters? It's a looping blade. My son plays with V>15 extra on his cybershape, both sides, and it's a looping monster.

I don't think it's an unreasonable description. Every blade can be looped with, and loops can vary from flatter with an emphasis on speed over spin to spinnier with emphasis on speed over spin. 

Stiga blades in general do tend to feel better when hitting through a bit more, and it's probably a good reason why Truls uses it. He punches and flat hits a lot. I think he has mentioned this in one of his interviews but am not 100% sure.

Date Posted: 10/05/2022 at 5:44pm

Based on my experience in COMPARISON to a Hugo Hal at 5.8mm thickness or TB ZLC at 5.6mm.

I agree, the spin is not as much as say Viscaria or Hurricane Long series and imo it's one of the weaknesses of the blade. Having Hurricane does a lot to offset this issue though!

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 10/06/2022 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I agree, the spin is not as much as say Viscaria or Hurricane Long series and imo it's one of the weaknesses of the blade. Having Hurricane does a lot to offset this issue though!
i would say it flat hits good because of the material which has similar. properties to zlc but I never experienced it as a blade that loops less effectively compared to Viscaria or Innerforce ALC blades. I would say it it drives and smashes easily though. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/03/2022 at 3:55pm
recently transitioned to Tibhar Hybrid K3 on the forehand and felt the arc much safer

With the G1 i felt my FH had a lower trajectory coming off my racket -- K3 feels like a higher throw rubber and with its harder sponge a little more stable with my current stroke

-------------

Date Posted: 11/04/2022 at 9:30am
funny TT11 still hasn't offered the Cybershape

Date Posted: 11/04/2022 at 10:14am

I never experienced it as a blade that loops less effectively compared to Viscaria or Innerforce ALC blades.

Thank you. I agree 100%.  If anything this blade has a lot of dwell and IS a very nice looping blade. Does it smash well? Sure it does.    

Date Posted: 11/09/2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

funny TT11 still hasn't offered the Cybershape

Possibly a region locked type thing - like with butterfly products generally.

I don't want to really put money in dandoys pocket after they sold me a dud robot and refused to remediate that.

Also dandoy exclude the cybershape from the volume discount, you could pick up a cybershape for 180 euro less 30% if tt11 carried it and priced it competitively (tt11/dandoy are effectively the same price for 99% of products they share)

Date Posted: 11/10/2022 at 2:02am

I never experienced it as a blade that loops less effectively compared to Viscaria or Innerforce ALC blades.

Thank you. I agree 100%.  If anything this blade has a lot of dwell and IS a very nice looping blade. Does it smash well? Sure it does.    

You can loop well with either blade, but I think the loops from the Cybershape are faster with less spin in general compared to the more traditional blades. The real test is in chiquita play, you can see how even Truls does only a half-hearted slow chiquita instead of the full-on aggressive high spin high speed chiquita from say Lin Yun Ju or Harimoto or Wang Chuqin, and almost always prefers the straight BH flip... 

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net