Print Page | Close Window

Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91289
Printed Date: 04/19/2024 at 9:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC
Posted By: jpenmaster
Subject: Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC
Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 8:00am

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Replies:
Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 8:03am

-------------

Posted By: andzejgolot
Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 1:53pm
faster and flexier
if you know Oikawa used old Viscaria 

Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 2:27pm
it’s a little thinner (5.7mm), heavier (89g) , softer feel and more power from Bfly description. Price is $269.99 USD 

-------------

Posted By: DonnOlsen
Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

it’s a little thinner (5.7mm), heavier (89g) , softer feel and more power from Bfly description. Price is $269.99 USD 

This sounds super!  Plus, a "super" price!

So now it's this: The Truls' blade or the Super?  What to do, what to do?

Thanks

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 6:50pm
 Cybershape is cutting into profits release the Super Viscaria!! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 9:26pm

Cybershape is cutting into profits release the Super Viscaria!! LOL

We of honest spirit know the EJ answer: Both!

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Posted By: jfolsen
Date Posted: 01/20/2022 at 9:46pm
Let's see:
1. A lightly regarded* player uses a radically designed racket and within 2 months carves a path to the finals of the Worlds with it. *(lightly regarded; left off the Swedish Olympic team and outside the top 50)

Or

2. Yet another blade from Butterfly, faster!, better touch!, more power!, increased price!

I know which one I would pick.

Date Posted: 01/21/2022 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

This sounds super!  Plus, a "super" price!

So now it's this: The Truls' blade or the Super?  What to do, what to do?

Thanks
if I will be honest

one for stock two to rock

Super alc will be limited  in my opinion so for stock, and Truls' blade is choice for good players  in Poland so on first sight super alc, just to see how market is going up, and cybershape will be still on shop

Posted By: kindof99
Date Posted: 01/22/2022 at 10:49am
This Viscaria super alc seems to be widely marketed just like regular Viscaria. Don't think the supply will be limited. Golded Viscaria has been inflated in  the market, and luckily its price will go down with the coming of the super alc.

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Date Posted: 01/22/2022 at 1:39pm
we have c19, we still have problems with suppliers and production cost
and if you  are consumer ? Old Viscaria and price 129 euro?
it is not hot right now
first->put new product on small stock, see if people wants. 
sell all old products from shelf (Viscaria)
and make big stock of Super Viscaria.

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 01/22/2022 at 2:48pm
butterfly claims it took 10 years to develop…it’s just bad marketing…with all that money they can do better and innovate more.
I’m sure it was not even planned and it’s a countermeasure to stiga cybershape.

It takes 1 month for butterfly to develop a super alc

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:05am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

butterfly claims it took 10 years to develop…it’s just bad marketing…with all that money they can do better and innovate more

They re liars. Just an excuse to charge more.

Posted By: windysummer1
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 12:33pm
What is next? Viscaria ZLC?

-------------
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696

Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 2:58pm
there is already the zhang zlc which is koto+zlc

Posted By: windysummer1
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 3:49pm
Then maybe Inner Viscaria?

-------------
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696

Posted By: dajdosta
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

butterfly claims it took 10 years to develop…it’s just bad marketing…with all that money they can do better and innovate more

At least they have an excuse.
And what's the players excuse for buying it?

Posted By: achoomai
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 9:16pm
I heard "Super ZLC" concept many time from Chinese brand like Sword and Loki. Also many of OEM suppliers are able to supply it. Just tighter this ALC woven material then it will be higher density and heavier. That why blade can be thinner with more weight. Is it mean BTY  behind Chinese brand now ?

By the way, I am looking for Sanwei to source for "Super ALC" and use Cold Press process similar to thier Froster blade. I believe it will be surprisingly good with attractive price

-------------
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094

Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

At least they have an excuse.
And what's the players excuse for buying it?

Anyone can make up an excuse . A player needs the brand " oh looks expensive"
10 years to design  the blade ..yeh right.

Posted By: guni4you
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 9:30pm
Is golden viscaria softer and more dwell than regular viscaria or it is it harder and more crispy than the regular one? Moreover, why is it so expensive now?

Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:05pm
Golden has a softer feel and more dwell. It also feels very balanced. If Viscaria Super ALC plays like Golden and is lighter it will be a big seller and yes I have owned a golden.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:22pm
why not just use a innerforce blade if one needs more dwell and softness. Is golden Viscaria more popular Cz it is softer than regular one? Can you please explain why it is so popular. 

Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:24pm
I am currently using S series Viscaria ( 92 g). It plays amazing. I read somewhere that S series is supposed to have more dwell compared to Viscaria of other series. So maybe S series is quite similar to golden Viscaria too. Not sure. Maybe jpenmaster you can elaborate as you have so much experience about equipment.

Posted By: tt2005
Date Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:38pm
there are 2 epoxy resin pieces in the handle of Golden - that explains the weigh and the flex

Date Posted: 01/26/2022 at 9:40am
All the current Viscaria with the halo gram in the handle are the same . The variation comes from the manufacturing process and natural variations with wood not which letter the serial number starts with . I have seen the inner handle pics of a golden that are filled with a light green substance . It does look like epoxy but I can not confirm any of this cause I would not destroy a golden to see if it is true . The main difference as stated  before is the weight and balance of the blade . It does feel softer but that could be from the weight distribution  or another factor. The price of golden has gotten out of control and driven by the market since the MSRP is  $299.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/26/2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by achoomai achoomai wrote:

I heard "Super ZLC" concept many time from Chinese brand like Sword and Loki. Also many of OEM suppliers are able to supply it. Just tighter this ALC woven material then it will be higher density and heavier. That why blade can be thinner with more weight. Is it mean BTY  behind Chinese brand now ?

By the way, I am looking for Sanwei to source for "Super ALC" and use Cold Press process similar to thier Froster blade. I believe it will be surprisingly good with attractive price

The high tension rubbers were available from double fish in 1993 before butterfly.

Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 9:01am
super alc is consider to get the same thick arylate with less woven of carbon so the material can be used in Innerforce koto blades so maybe 10 years of develop is not lie but I will buy for resell

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 10:08am
what does 10 years of development really mean.  one man spending 24hrs per year for 10 years or one man spending all his time for the 10 years or some variant of the above?  mkting bs

Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

super alc is consider to get the same thick arylate with less woven of carbon so the material can be used in Innerforce koto blades so maybe 10 years of develop is not lie but I will buy for resell

Viscaria do exist at  least  from 1998 and why suddenly people started to buy it after zjk won the worlds in 2007?. I m pretty sure that many people said viscaria sucked before started to become popular. Thats the power of Marketing. Butterfly owns a lot of money to zjk.

Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 12:34pm
viscaria is from 1993

Posted By: jonyer1980
Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 2:01pm

Viscaria do exist at  least  from 1998 and why suddenly people started to buy it after zjk won the worlds in 2007?. I m pretty sure that many people said viscaria sucked before started to become popular. Thats the power of Marketing. Butterfly owns a lot of money to zjk.

Indeed.

In other time, Primorac Carbon was the most popular of fiber based blades. The reason was quite plain& simple: Zorac was at his prime being the second 2nd of WR at that time. Everyone rejected those weird blades such as Viscaria, Moonbeam or Keyshot.
Surprisingly, after falling into the oblivion for decades, it has become popular once again because of Timo switched to it.

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Indeed.

In other time, Primorac Carbon was the most popular of fiber based blades. The reason was quite plain& simple: Zorac was at his prime being the second 2nd of WR at that time. Everyone rejected those weird blades such as Viscaria, Moonbeam or Keyshot.
Surprisingly, after falling into the oblivion for decades, it has become popular once again because of Timo switched to it.

Boll used viscaria in 2000 and wasnt popular until zjk used to win in 2007 ,I got a pretty cheap viscaria in 2004 because nobody wanted.all players were after primorac carbon

Date Posted: 01/27/2022 at 4:48pm
at the bremen wttc 2004 you could buy viscarias at the butterfly shop for like 70-80 euros, i remember my coach bought 20 pcs at that time 

Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 9:02am
yo guys, in early 00's people still use soft rubbers on glue like sriver/fx and bryce/fx
the thickness and hardness of primorac carbon with hinoki on top gives a lot of spin and control with pause on shots.
Look how 00's player use their force, first shots were very spinny but natural game style was one - two metres away the table with powerful long swing with enormous kick and proportional rotation at the time 
Old viscarias won't be good to this type of game because look how  Japan vs France match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrn9OhY-VA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrn9OhY-VA
Kishikawa used Spirit and his shots was not the hardest to return for pros 

Posted By: astaroyd
Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 12:58pm
remember that until 2009 you could speed glue.
even the chinese national team were using 5 ply wood blades then.

add 2 or 3 years for the transition... 2012 is more or less when viscaria started becoming really popular.
then when 90% of the chinese team switched to it... that's when it became the best selling blade.

Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by astaroyd astaroyd wrote:

add 2 or 3 years for the transition... 2012 is more or less when viscaria started becoming really popular.
then when 90% of the chinese team switched to it... that's when it became the best selling blade.

2009 speed glue wasnt allowed, viscaria got popular because zjk.. how many top  players with viscaria in 2009?
2 years for transition? too much time.
Chinese team were on clippers in 2009, 5 ply blade doesnt mean it will be slow, mazunov has 5 ply structure, even persson played with a clipper with donic handle and was sued.

Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 1:29pm

2009 speed glue wasnt allowed, viscaria got popular because zjk.. how many top  players with viscaria in 2009?
2 years for transition? too much time.
Chinese team were on clippers in 2009, 5 ply blade doesnt mean it will be slow, mazunov has 5 ply structure, even persson played with a clipper with donic handle and was sued.  zjk won in 2011 then it became popular to use viscaria.

Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 1:32pm

yo guys, in early 00's people still use soft rubbers on glue like sriver/fx and bryce/fx
the thickness and hardness of primorac carbon with hinoki on top gives a lot of spin and control with pause on shots.
Look how 00's player use their force, first shots were very spinny but natural game style was one - two metres away the table with powerful long swing with enormous kick and proportional rotation at the time 
Old viscarias won't be good to this type of game because look how  Japan vs France match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrn9OhY-VA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrn9OhY-VA

Boll played with viscaria in 2000 worlds team in malasya. Kishikawa was one of the worst japanese players I ve ever seen in japanese team.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 01/28/2022 at 2:02pm
The 5+2 structure of Viscaria was ahead of its time when it was released in 11/1993. Back in the 38mm celluloid ball era, composite blades by Butterfly, Stiga et al. usually came in 3+2 construction, with thick top plies and core. The vibration damping property of Vectran(reduced feedback) was completely at odds with players when touch was an important aspect in that era and all-wood coupled with gluing could offer the best of worlds.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 01/29/2022 at 6:27am

Boll played with viscaria in 2000 worlds team in malasya. Kishikawa was one of the worst japanese players I ve ever seen in japanese team.

if you know Timo Boll personal Tenergy was very soft, I hear story when Timo Boll gives one of his new personal Tenergy to one of  Polish female player on Pro Tour and it was too soft on Innerforce ZLF. Timo Boll talks a lot  about his favourite 97 grams Spirit  so for me I am correct, he had brick spirit with enormous grip
I even used 05 fx on garaydia zlc, and feel the vibe of good control in service on the table 
blocks but the most shining part of game was looping 1-2 metres away
Soft rubbers are very good choice for Primorac Carbon on old celluloid balls.

Kishikawa
https://tabletennis.guide/alldata.php?name=seiya-kishikawa-104675
I never disrespect guys like him, his old ranking is around top 20-50 with old structure= u must be very good 

Date Posted: 01/29/2022 at 6:32am
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/ma-longs-equipment-pictures-20052015_topic72188.html

you can see that  koto/limba  alc start to be popular in 2009Wink

Date Posted: 01/29/2022 at 8:37am

if you know Timo Boll personal Tenergy was very soft, I hear story when Timo Boll gives one of his new personal Tenergy to one of  Polish female player on Pro Tour and it was too soft on Innerforce ZLF. Timo Boll talks a lot  about his favourite 97 grams Spirit  so for me I am correct, he had brick spirit with enormous grip
I even used 05 fx on garaydia zlc, and feel the vibe of good control in service on the table 
blocks but the most shining part of game was looping 1-2 metres away
Soft rubbers are very good choice for Primorac Carbon on old celluloid balls.

Kishikawa
https://tabletennis.guide/alldata.php?name=seiya-kishikawa-104675
I never disrespect guys like him, his old ranking is around top 20-50 with old structure= u must be very good 

Saying he s the worst player I ve ever seen is not an insult.

Date Posted: 01/29/2022 at 7:43pm

Now, that's funny.

Saying he s the worst player I ve ever seen is not an insult, it's a/an ________.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/29/2022 at 11:11pm

Now, that's funny.

Saying he s the worst player I ve ever seen is not an insult, it's a/an ________.

You can mock all you want , yeh ishikawa is the GOAT.

Date Posted: 02/07/2022 at 8:13am
I find pure happiness in using soft rubbers with hinoki 3+2 blade. That s why I feel table tennis players loved that combination when they have small rubber choice.
For Me super viscaria is made for pro players WHO use hard rubbers that s why IT will be Play like koto Kevlar blade like drinkhall powerspin but with  better japanese quality 
I saw a lot of players on good level and I think about first Polish division and they change his viscarias, to cca unlimited because it is a lot softer and faster so they can choose hard rubbers like r53/mxp50/05hard/dignics/k3/triple double extra/rhyzen without any problems, soft blades give them more rubber flexibility.

New Super Viscaria will be small stock because hype is high, so IT is normal part of business. 
Everybody knows that first stock of butterfly new blades  are very good. 
They sell 10k blades for 200 euro and IT is 2millions and normal viscaria dissapear because WHO wants sell outdated product for 50% of new product?
You will feel the Vibe when  they make Super Maze Alc with Denmark flag ( Freitas didnt deserve his own blade) or Super Timo Boll ALC, 
No one will want to buy Revoldia,. 
Super Apolonia alc with green and cherry handle, I want that 
No one will want to buy Layer Alc. 
Thats how they handle the buzz

Posted By: astaroyd
Date Posted: 02/07/2022 at 8:49am

I find pure happiness in using soft rubbers with hinoki 3+2 blade. That s why I feel table tennis players loved that combination when they have small rubber choice.
For Me super viscaria is made for pro players WHO use hard rubbers that s why IT will be Play like koto Kevlar blade like drinkhall powerspin but with  better japanese quality 
I saw a lot of players on good level and I think about first Polish division and they change his viscarias, to cca unlimited because it is a lot softer and faster so they can choose hard rubbers like r53/mxp50/05hard/dignics/k3/triple double extra/rhyzen without any problems, soft blades give them more rubber flexibility.

New Super Viscaria will be small stock because hype is high, so IT is normal part of business. 
They sell 10k blades for 200 euro and IT is 2millions and normal viscaria dissapear because WHO wants sell outdated product for 50% of new product?
You will feel the Vibe when  they make Super Maze Alc with Denmark flag ( Freitas didnt deserve his own blade) or Super Timo Boll ALC, 

zhang jike blue dragon super alc could be the greatest blade ever made.

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 02/07/2022 at 9:31am

at the bremen wttc 2004 you could buy viscarias at the butterfly shop for like 70-80 euros, i remember my coach bought 20 pcs at that time 

Don't forget about inflation. Since 2004 we had almost 50% inflation (in dollars, probably similar in euros too).

Date Posted: 02/07/2022 at 4:39pm

if I will be honest, it can be very good, the idea of Super ALC is the same as they did with Zhang Jike - very soft, super sonic fast but I don't care haha
I will buy just to have because I love black handle from Super Viscaria
If you wanna be so  funny... I  change top ply from W968 National that cost 1k$ who the fook is (you) "that guy" ????
I saw hype in Poland from 1st league to 4th league, everybody wants new Viscaria.

Date Posted: 02/27/2022 at 1:19am
Airoc;363634

For those who care, BTY Germany announced limited quantities in their first shipment, and FL handle is already sold out from the pre-orders.

Comment from tabletennisdaily.

Date Posted: 02/28/2022 at 8:47pm
First Sighting!!  Before my very eyes, a coach at the Maryland Table Tennis Center (MDTTC) in the state of Maryland, USA showed me today a Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC.  It lives!!

I said to him: "How did you get it?  You must know people."  He said he is Butterfly sponsored, that is the key. 

Apparently in this table tennis backwater country, there are but a very few around.

I didn't play with it but I must say it had the most gorgeous of an attractive handle, which was flared.

Thanks. 

-------------

Posted By: mon22
Date Posted: 02/28/2022 at 10:55pm
Super ALC (89g) vs t Viscaria (87g) 

Initial 4 hour impression 
1. SWEET SPOT (had a lot of mis hits that still had quality spin) 
2. Longer deeper arc on FH shots (overshooting if not careful)
3. Softer feel (not THAT soft. Still feels crisp)

Rubbers 

Yinhe Jupiter II FH: Dignics 09c BH on both blades 

-------------
I am a total Newb. Come at me!

Posted By: JediJesseS
Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 1:48am

First Sighting!!  Before my very eyes, a coach at the Maryland Table Tennis Center (MDTTC) in the state of Maryland, USA showed me today a Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC.  It lives!!

I said to him: "How did you get it?  You must know people."  He said he is Butterfly sponsored, that is the key. 

Apparently in this table tennis backwater country, there are but a very few around.

I didn't play with it but I must say it had the most gorgeous of an attractive handle, which was flared.

Thanks. 

Butterfly just released them early. I got mine Monday afternoon and I'm a complete nobody. LOL

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 2:49am
It's said in China the purchase of a Viscaria Super ALC at list price comes with a free rubber such as Aibiss plus two or three Butterfly products such as racket case/shirt/towel/bag, while others say they get 2 or 3 free Aibiss. OTOH, some stores offer a 25% discount(standard practice for Butterfly blades and rubbers) with no bundling.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Posted By: Flobert
Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 3:31am
Got mine too, straight handle with nicely 86g. Smile

-------------
BTY Keyshot ST - 92g
+ Tibhar MX-P
+ Tibhar EL-P

Posted By: mon22
Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 7:45am
forgot to mention about the FLARED handle

The Super ALC handle is SLIGHTLY squarish (towards the Plies) Not as consistently round as Viscaria. Still very subtle, but it allows you to LOCK your grip angle (good for blocks and countering?)  Depends on how you play/spin your shots. I personally like it. I know some players like to ROLL the racket angle CLOSE when contacting.

LGY > Super ALC > TB Alc > Viscaria 

-------------
I am a total Newb. Come at me!

Posted By: kindof99
Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 8:01am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

It's said in China the purchase of a Viscaria Super ALC at list price comes with a free rubber such as Aibiss plus two or three Butterfly products such as racket case/shirt/towel/bag, while others say they get 2 or 3 free Aibiss. OTOH, some stores offer a 25% discount(standard practice for Butterfly blades and rubbers) with no bundling.
What I read is that they need to buy other additional items in order to buy a Viscaria salc. And many stores are out of stock very fast 

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 9:14pm
Hi,

Here in the USA, Butterflyonline, the North American Butterfly distributor has a note on their website as to the ordering status of this blade.

Coming Soon

I'm tellin' ya: You need to know somebody.

Nobodies UNITE!

Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: speedy
Date Posted: 03/01/2022 at 9:22pm
They are here in the USA.  I ordered Viscaria Super ALC in ST handles.  They are shipped and are on their way.  Hopefully, I will get them in a few days.

Hi,

Here in the USA, Butterflyonline, the North American Butterfly distributor has a note on their website as to the ordering status of this blade.

Coming Soon

I'm tellin' ya: You need to know somebody.

Nobodies UNITE!

Thanks.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: nittakuball
Date Posted: 03/02/2022 at 3:29am
i saw this morning at 9am it said have 11 ST  handle in stock.FL sold out

-------------
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Date Posted: 03/02/2022 at 7:55am

It's that Timo Boll/European thing with the ST handles.  Some of these manufacturers think this theme is followed more but it is not; the Chinese flared handle is.

Flared handled Nobodies UNITE!

-------------

Posted By: jt99sf
Date Posted: 03/02/2022 at 2:56pm

It's that Timo Boll/European thing with the ST handles.  Some of these manufacturers think this theme is followed more but it is not; the Chinese flared handle is.

Which website ? Tia 

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Posted By: tomchu77
Date Posted: 03/02/2022 at 4:31pm
I believe I saw some in stock on tabletennisstore.us

Date Posted: 03/02/2022 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Which website ? Tia 

Butterflyonline, the North American Butterfly distributor

-------------

Date Posted: 03/03/2022 at 12:58am
I bought them from gotabletennis.com

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 03/03/2022 at 6:37am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

The current status of the Viscaria Super ALC Blade - Flared Handle at gotabletennis.com is: 

Sold Out

-------------

Date Posted: 03/03/2022 at 5:21pm

The current status of the Viscaria Super ALC Blade - Flared Handle at gotabletennis.com is: 

Sold Out

They must have sold all 5 left

Date Posted: 03/03/2022 at 9:44pm
So sorry to hear that.  I received my blades today.

Sold Out

They must have sold all 5 left

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 03/03/2022 at 9:49pm
I just received my blades this afternoon.

https://ibb.co/PWZsL26" rel="nofollow">

https://ibb.co/BBmc2nQ" rel="nofollow">

https://ibb.co/myPY18n" rel="nofollow">

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 03/04/2022 at 12:15pm

if I will be honest, it can be very good, the idea of Super ALC is the same as they did with Zhang Jike - very soft, super sonic fast but I don't care haha
If you wanna be so  funny... I  change top ply from W968 National that cost 1k$ who the fook is (you) "that guy" ????
I saw hype in Poland from 1st league to 4th league, everybody wants new Viscaria.

So Butterfly said they spent 10 years designing this blade? In 2012 there was another ball so they designed a blade based on old 40mm  ball ? How come you design a blade to be used with  ball that nobody uses early in 2012? Plastic  ball was used in 2015

Posted By: powerhouse
Date Posted: 03/04/2022 at 7:21pm
Looks great Speedy, may I ask what are the weights please

-------------
Blade: Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c

BH: Dignics 05

Date Posted: 03/04/2022 at 7:23pm
Hi Speedy what are the weights

-------------

Posted By: JediJesseS
Date Posted: 03/04/2022 at 9:30pm
My flared handle model weight is 87g.

Posted By: GrayGhost
Date Posted: 03/04/2022 at 10:16pm
I received 3 a few days ago; 89,90,91.  I put 09c both sides on the 89g. I find it has better feel than alc, more predictable than zlc and not quite as stiff/fast as szlc. I’d say it’s a winner but I need way more time with it to make a final judgement.

Posted By: Robin.w
Date Posted: 03/04/2022 at 11:41pm
They spent 10 years to mess up with the original Viscaria by using thinner fiber layer  and finaly they can name the  one with thick fiber layer Super ALC. 

So Butterfly said they spent 10 years designing this blade? In 2012 there was another ball so they designed a blade based on old 40mm  ball ? How come you design a blade to be used with  ball that nobody uses early in 2012? Plastic  ball was used in 2015

-------------
https://goo.gl/2TTiS3" rel="nofollow - Feedback
https://goo.gl/eug8XN" rel="nofollow - CustomBladeBuild
https://goo.gl/AoL4sU" rel="nofollow - Rubbers+Blades

Date Posted: 03/05/2022 at 5:13pm
After playing with my VSALC I can say it’s pretty similar to Golden Viscaria. The SALC has a slightly higher throw and a lower weight but overall they are very similar to one another . To me they both feel softer and a little less stiff compared to a regular Viscaria. If you always wanted a Viscaria with a softer feel and a little more catapult at distance this would be a good choice. If you play close to the table,prefer  a lower throw angle  and like a crisper feel stick with the standard Viscaria .

-------------

Date Posted: 03/08/2022 at 9:01pm
Some new Viscaria Super ALC are serial number V and some are W . Which ones will be better ? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03/08/2022 at 9:58pm

After playing with my VSALC I can say it’s pretty similar to Golden Viscaria. The SALC has a slightly higher throw and a lower weight but overall they are very similar to one another . To me they both feel softer and a little less stiff compared to a regular Viscaria. If you always wanted a Viscaria with a softer feel and a little more catapult at distance this would be a good choice. If you play close to the table,prefer  a lower throw angle  and like a crisper feel stick with the standard Viscaria .

Thanks!...........Good information.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/09/2022 at 6:59pm

Some new Viscaria Super ALC are serial number V and some are W . Which ones will be better ? LOL

V serials salc is far more expensive than the w in the China aftermarket. I think it’s just more rare other than better quality. They belong to the same first batch.

-------------

Posted By: chongqinghotpot
Date Posted: 03/09/2022 at 8:50pm
received my SALC of 92 gram, very similar to my custom made Vis. Seems to have more carbon in the synthetic layer. Ball bounces and sounds the same 

-------------
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64

Date Posted: 03/09/2022 at 9:22pm
The one with the 'V' is made for North America.  On the box, it should also has 'MK' near the serial number.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 03/09/2022 at 9:23pm
'V' is made for North America.  GoTableTennis confirmed this.

Originally posted by Robin.w Robin.w wrote:

V serials salc is far more expensive than the w in the China aftermarket. I think it’s just more rare other than netter quality. They belong to the same first batch.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 03/09/2022 at 9:37pm
Shipped to North America? Rarity is a must.

'V' is made for North America.  GoTableTennis confirmed this.

V serials salc is far more expensive than the w in the China aftermarket. I think it’s just more rare other than netter quality. They belong to the same first batch.

-------------

Posted By: Magic_M
Date Posted: 03/10/2022 at 1:38am

I think it’s just more rare other than netter quality. They belong to the same first batch.
Exactly. Thumbs Up

Butterfly simply started to produce this blade at the end of 2021. So the first produced blades got the V (=2021) and when 2022 started, they used the W as first letter of the serial.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a quality difference. 

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51774&title=feedback-magic-m" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 03/10/2022 at 2:33am
now the search for the fish scale viscaria super alc begins...

Posted By: Creek
Date Posted: 03/10/2022 at 8:38am

now the search for the fish scale viscaria super alc begins...
But only with V-series, because it’s the first and most superst alc blade in the world :D

Date Posted: 03/15/2022 at 5:10am
Hi,

Over here in the good ol' U. S. of A., our go-to Butterfly source is Butterflyonline.  Since at least March 10th, this blade's status on the website has been "Coming soon."

A little birdie just told me the next date for the blade's availability is end of April.  The end of April is "soon."

Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: GrayGhost
Date Posted: 03/15/2022 at 5:04pm
I may have an extra if anyone is looking for a FL 

Posted By: amoen
Date Posted: 03/16/2022 at 11:42am
Bij mij weten is de eerste frame van Butterfly viscaria van 1987.

Date Posted: 05/03/2022 at 8:11pm
I would be interested

-------------

Date Posted: 05/03/2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by GrayGhost GrayGhost wrote:

I may have an extra if anyone is looking for a FL 

I'll be interested