Print Page | Close Window

Spinny Medium Pips

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91762
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 1:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Spinny Medium Pips
Posted By: Rollko
Subject: Spinny Medium Pips
Date Posted: 05/13/2022 at 9:35pm
Hello

Can you please recommend some spinny medium pips? To be used on BH for blocking, service return, a bit of disruption etc. 

Replies:
Posted By: kim_taek_soo
Date Posted: 05/13/2022 at 10:06pm
Armstrong Attack 3 is good. I've used the L version (wider pips), which gives a bit more spin. The M version (narrower pips) is probably a bit more deceptive.

-------------
BTY Neutrino R

Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0

My feedback: https://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic92859.html

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 12:41am
Originally posted by kim_taek_soo kim_taek_soo wrote:

Armstrong Attack 3 is good. I've used the L version (wider pips), which gives a bit more spin. The M version (narrower pips) is probably a bit more deceptive.

What armstrong pip is closer to short pip with more disruption ?

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 4:34am
Medium pips with relatively good spin but still the possibility of disruption: spinlord keiler
you can play with it like a SP rubber but when you block, it can be quite dangerous.

-------------
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Posted By: WingTT
Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 7:40am
Nittaku Pimplemini. It has enough control and spin that the better way to use it is press the attack with it if you have enough stamina and the opportunity. It will catch other players out if you have soft enough hands for the dead balls.

Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 7:49am
Originally posted by WingTT WingTT wrote:

Nittaku Pimplemini. It has enough control and spin that the better way to use it is press the attack with it if you have enough stamina and the opportunity. It will catch other players out if you have soft enough hands for the dead balls.

I think pimple mini is a SP rubber, very short pimple, not half long one

-------------

Posted By: WingTT
Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 8:09am
The Pimplemini can't really be categorized as a short pip. I definitely does not play or feel like any of the short pips I have tried and is closer to medium pips and also depends on the sponge thickness. It is something quite fine. My other top pick would be the 563 but that one is even more for an offensive style like Ai Fukuhara.

Posted By: liXiao
Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 9:10am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Medium pips with relatively good spin but still the possibility of disruption: spinlord keiler
you can play with it like a SP rubber but when you block, it can be quite dangerous.

Surprised you didn't suggest Super Do Knuckle. I've used it both middle and ultra thin and it's so much fun to play with.

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing

Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Surprised you didn't suggest Super Do Knuckle. I've used it both middle and ultra thin and it's so much fun to play with.

I ve been playing with it for years but it is not very spinny. Its strenght is the control and the disruption when you block but...it is not spinny.

-------------

Posted By: liXiao
Date Posted: 05/14/2022 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I ve been playing with it for years but it is not very spinny. Its strenght is the control and the disruption when you block but...it is not spinny.

Well how spinny can you expect a medium pip to be? I'm often surprised how much spin (relatively speaking) I can put on the ball with it, and getting it to land safely on the table.

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing

Posted By: Sedis
Date Posted: 05/15/2022 at 2:47am

It might also be worth looking at another Spinlord rubber, Orkan or Orkan II.
The topsheet is a gripper compound than Keiler, but the pips are cylindrical and more flexible. 
For me it has, it does everything Keiler does, only slightly better, e.g. you can play it like a SP but still get quite a bit of disruption when hitting flat.

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 05/17/2022 at 11:18am
dawei 388c1 is a spinny medium pip, and cheap to try

-------------
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: jt99sf
Date Posted: 05/17/2022 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ‘ Red has more spin than black.

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

ζž—εΎ·ζˆ HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 05/17/2022 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ‘ Red has more spin than black.

I'll take your word and I'm not going to open some to check, but that would be unusual.

-------------
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net