Print Page | Close Window

best hybrid rubbers in the market now?

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91864
Printed Date: 04/26/2024 at 1:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: best hybrid rubbers in the market now?
Posted By: kindof99
Subject: best hybrid rubbers in the market now?
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 10:52am
What would you consider the best hybrid rubber in the market now, besides D09C?

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Replies:
Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 11:00am
Rakza Z?

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 11:58am
tibhar hybrid K3 no doubts

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Rakza Z?
Rakza Z Extra Hard sucks. It does not generate speed at all. I heavily boosted it but it remained slow.
Spin is good enough, but there´s no tackiness in the topsheet. It´s very grippy, like a 2 months-used H3 Neo.
Hurricane 3 Neo or even Friendship Battle II BS are better than Rakza Z EH in every aspect.

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Rakza Z?

Rakza Z Extra Hard sucks. It does not generate speed at all. I heavily boosted it but it remained slow.
Spin is good enough, but there´s no tackiness in the topsheet. It´s very grippy, like a 2 months-used H3 Neo.
Hurricane 3 Neo or even Friendship Battle II BS are better than Rakza Z EH in every aspect.

I didn’t mention extra hard

Posted By: Slowhand
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:27pm
Stiga Dragon Grip and Tibhar K3.

Posted By: Simon_plays
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:32pm
Has anyone tried Donic BlueGrip S2? 

Especially interested especially if any former Acuda S2 players have tried it.

Posted By: Rinforzando
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:55pm
Xiom Tau 2 and Victas Triple Double Extra if you want something really close to chinese boosted rubbers, otherwise I'd Suggest Donic Bluegrip C2.

-------------
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2

Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 2:22pm
I think the problem for most hybrid rubbers is the short durability and inconsistency after a while. 

I used to like Rakza, but after one month, it plays quite different.

Joola Dynaryn cmd getts good reviews among Chinese amateur players, but it seems to be heavy and have short durability.

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Posted By: firetack
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 2:45pm
my Rakza z seemed quicker than my usual T05 at first but that didn't  last  long and even after boosting with Falco long I couldn't  get the original speed back,the tack does fade ,I restored it ok with olive oil but gave up on the rubber due to the dramatic drop in speed

-------------
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Posted By: anubhav1984
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 5:39pm
My experience with my Rakza Z extra hard was very different. Fresh out of the packet the rubber felt extremely slow. It had a weird throw angle too. I was using H3 neo provincial 41 deg, boosted with 2 layers of Haifu Seamoon, prior to the Rakza Z EH. 
As days went by, the rubber lost its minor tackiness and started becoming more and more explosive in terms of speed. That speed lasted for at least 30-40 hours, I would say. After that, I found some noticeable reduction in overall spin and speed on power shots but the serve game still remained spinny as hell.
In my opinion, Rakza Z EH takes a bit of time to adjust to but it is definitely a very good hybrid alternative. 
The other one that I have tried is Donic Bluegrip C2. C2 was an absolute delight to play with. I am not too sure about the top end speed of it though as the blade that I played it on was an all wood blade. It felt powerful but it had a weirdly high dwell that made it feel a bit hard to generate top end speed.

Right now, I am eagerly waiting to try Tibhar Hybrid K3 and DNA dragongrip. 

On a side note, I did try the Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Red recently that a pro player had on his custom ZLC blade and I felt like it was a decent rubber, even though it wasn't boosted. It did not have huge amount of springiness to it but when you engage the sponge, it really delivered a lot of power. It is definitely on my list of hybrids to try out.

-------------
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided

Posted By: berkeleydoctor
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 7:39pm
No love for butterfly spinart? I haven't tried it, but local club players do sing its praises as a hybrid rubber

Posted By: jt99sf
Date Posted: 06/10/2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

No love for butterfly spinart? I haven't tried it, but local club players do sing its praises as a hybrid rubber

Spinart is a great rubber, huge amount of spin. Probably in the same class as 09C.

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 06/11/2022 at 3:35am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Spinart is a great rubber, huge amount of spin. Probably in the same class as 09C.

Spinart was a poor seller for Butterfly, while 09C is quite popular. That does not make it a 'bad rubber' of course, there's quite a few rubbers out there which sell very poorly, yet they're hugely popular amongst a small number of players. That might be a good subject of a new topic. Big smile

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Date Posted: 06/11/2022 at 9:17am
I wonder if anyone has used Omega VII China Ying or Guang.

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 06/11/2022 at 11:33am
Victas V20 double extra.

-------------
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Date Posted: 06/11/2022 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

my Rakza z seemed quicker than my usual T05 at first but that didn't  last  long and even after boosting with Falco long I couldn't  get the original speed back,the tack does fade ,I restored it ok with olive oil but gave up on the rubber due to the dramatic drop in speed

This functional curve of Rakza Z also puzzles me. When the tackiness fades, the rubber is supposed to be faster.

I don't understand why a hard rubber suddenly becomes slower after a while. 

-------------

Posted By: ghostzen
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 4:16am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

Second on that Thumbs Up

Haven't found anything that I've tried as good yet. 

Posted By: anubhav1984
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 5:48am

I wonder if anyone has used Omega VII China Ying or Guang.

I played with the Guang version for a while and it was a great hybrid and was a seamless and powerful switch from boosted h3 Neo. However, the performance and speed faded after 1.5 months of use. And the Booster did not help after a while. 
I found rakza z eh to be better bang for buck but it definitely needs a bit more body power to generate speed as compared to omega 7 china Guang. 

-------------
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided

Posted By: guni4you
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 6:24am
waiting for reviews for andro rasanter c53 and 48

Posted By: Harald
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Has anyone tried Donic BlueGrip S2? 

Especially interested especially if any former Acuda S2 players have tried it.

played both on Bh,i find the Acuda more predictable and stable,the Bluegrip has more spin and another topsheet to sponge process.
I stayed with the Acuda for a while and the Bluegrip seems to me like a forray into the soft Hybrids.
Just my 2 cents.

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 7:10am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Second on that Thumbs Up

+1 

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Posted By: firetack
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 8:42am
I'd like a tacky t05,same spring sponge and pimples configuration ,I have gained a slight tack on t05 with regular spinmax application but would like a little more,like a tackiness c type tack...they'll never do it though 

-------------
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Second on that Thumbs Up

+1 

Seth Pech agrees with you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rRWII8PteU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rRWII8PteU

Posted By: aerial
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Victas V20 double extra.

i thought this one was going to be an improved v15 (so not tacky)

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 12:51pm
K3 is the best in this bracket I've tried.  I still prefer something a little tackier on the FH so I keep drifting back to Rakza Z EH. And am curious to try something a little softer on the BH, so I'm looking forward to Rasanter C48.  But honestly that's just tinkering around the edges and I should stop faffing around and use it both sides.

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 1:23pm
If you want something tackier than K3, K2 is the answer. I have not found another hybrid that's as tacky as K2.

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

K3 is the best in this bracket I've tried.  I still prefer something a little tackier on the FH so I keep drifting back to Rakza Z EH. And am curious to try something a little softer on the BH, so I'm looking forward to Rasanter C48.  But honestly that's just tinkering around the edges and I should stop faffing around and use it both sides.
K3 not ideal for BH if you need to play variable due to medium-hard topsheet/hard sponge/tack slowing direct shots/blocks etc down

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Date Posted: 06/12/2022 at 9:20pm
I see some K3 users here, what can you say about its durability?

Posted By: chop4ever
Date Posted: 06/13/2022 at 12:51am
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

There is no problem with Rakza Z but I would rather blame Falco
Falco will act similarly with tacky hard rubbers

-------------
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster

Posted By: timoboll89
Date Posted: 06/13/2022 at 1:30am

I see some K3 users here, what can you say about its durability?
I used it for 3 months.
At the beginning i didn’t like it fresh out of the pack, after a few trainings the rubber became more lively.
You start to see the surface deteriorating after 10 days but it does not affect play and rubber starts to feel a bit less responsive after 3 weeks but after the performance is quite constant.
Let’s say if you train a lot it’s a rubber that lasts 2,5 months

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net