3 [1.68%]
6 [3.35%]
16 [8.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
looper17 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looper17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 10:16pm
 fredrik Hakansson 's backhand is the best. its quick and he has good loops.
vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 10:42pm
Lol Kalinkos. We can appreciate your like for your idol, Kreanga, but to say your backhand is almost as good as his is like saying I'm going almost has good as Wang Liqin.....

If you were that good, you wouldn't be on this forum, you'd playing on the ITTF pro tour right now.
"Courage is ability to let go of the familiar"
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2005 at 1:31am
rosskopf by far...
clipper
magna
hammond
Spontaneous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spontaneous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2005 at 2:22am
Originally posted by ariel winter ariel winter wrote:

petr korbel.

yeah what happened to korbel. His short game backhand is awesome.
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2005 at 2:42am
"Mine is almost as good as his."

thats tops mate.....now go walk on water or something.

Horsekopf's is pretty good... whats his name.....
fredrik Hakansson has an awesome BH.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
longpong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2005 at 12:52pm
Kreanga and Ma Lin ,Ryu Tse Min,has the heaviest/fastest bh's ever - loop and counter, Perssons is also quite good and Bolls bh is very safe. Ma Lin uses both ways penhold bh's!! and very good to ..amazing...
Japsko allround straight
Destroyer 1.5mm black/729 2mm red (HurricaneIII red 2mm soon I hope....
kalinikos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalinikos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 3:10am
well im only 14 i still got time to work on my game. 
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 4:20am
no you dont, your too old already, you have to do training when your 6, 14 is too old, go home grandpa
clipper
magna
hammond
Mushin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 6:07am
Id say Wang Liqin from what ive seen. Kreanga does have very good looking backhand but it is not as well disguised and effective as wangs.
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D (penhold)
FH: Yasaka New Era 2.2
BH: LKT XT Pro 2.2
longpong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 7:57am

but its definitive the heaviest ever (Kreangas)he's bh is more like a topspin bh in tennis,with big backswing and plays the hole stroke thru ending up in the sky...beautiful,but hard to produce in the quicker moments,as it is to hide,but it is lovely to watch,not totaly pointless that either,cause the game is for the audience as well.

I saw him slashing out Weixing with it,he allmost couldn't return all,couse of the fantastic spin(side and over) and what great angles he find with it sometimes.

Japsko allround straight
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 8:43am
to who every said ryu......his BH is useless......

having J-pen its hard to hit a BH, but witht he cclassic way you can stab......but chiang had a good BH stab/punch....ryu has nothing....

of corse he has amazing footwork and a monster FH....but this is about BH
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
nesko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nesko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 1:24pm
Allan Bentsen

Romanian player..., i can't remember

longpong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 1:26pm
danish citizen! (Allan Bentsen)
Japsko allround straight
longpong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2005 at 1:29pm
B T W Kongs bh is also quite delightful!
Japsko allround straight
nesko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nesko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2005 at 5:34am
Originally posted by nesko nesko wrote:

Romanian player..., i can't remember

I remember:

Adrian Crisan!
ttplayer05 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2005 at 3:17pm

Kreanga has an amazing backhand, he definitely has the best backhand out of everyone. Allan Bentsen also has a very good backhand.

vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2005 at 4:08pm
Like I've said before, fast, spinny, and entertaining doesn't mean best or amazing. Kreanga's use of his backhand hurts his style, because when a fast ball goes to the middle of the table, he uses his backhand, which makes the next point harder for him either way. His stroke is also too big to be used close to the table. His backhand is powerful, but not versatile.
kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2005 at 11:46pm
i think kreanga has the most explosive backhand in the game but his choice of when to use the big swing vs a compact swing is flawed.

because of that i'd have to say oh sang eun's backhand is the best of the game. not just because of his actual technique(s), which is excellent, but because of his timing on when to use which technique. which is why he's above kreanga now in the rankings.

i also think chuan chih-yuan has an excellent backhand.

you guys will no doubt disagree, but i was watching one of his recent matches with wang liqin and i sincerely think he should be no. 1 in the world. but he won't be...

i think he can outhit practically everybody in the world, except possibly kreanga and i say that tentatively.

his problem is the same as kreanga's: in his country, he can hit a couple of shots and draw a miss from everybody, but when he plays internationally and encounters top-10 players, all those balls he hits come back and he (and kreanga) are just not used to the ball coming back after they hit what in their home countries (and to most people on the planet) would be an incredible shot.

what i noticed when he plays wang is that he tries to backhand loop wang off the table and often in the 1st game it works. chuan's arms is shorter than wang's and therefore much faster.

so, what wang is forced to do is to fall back far from the table to give himself more time to swing his longer arms and put back the quicker backhand strokes from chuan.

but what does chuan do? instead of nailing one down the line to forehand for a clean winner (since wang is way out on the backhand side) he just keeps hitting the ball back to wang hoping to draw a miss. and he does the same with the forehand. and it usually doesn't work!

actually, when you see his rallies it looks like he's during a training drill and not actually trying to win a point.

so, i just wonder what could his mom (his coach) possibly be telling him cuz it's so obvious that a relative amateur like myself can see.

he is just way too predictable and that's why wang beats him every time even though chuan is much faster and can outpace him on any shot.

which reminds me of the 2003 worlds. qiu yike said the same thing about boll after dismissing him in the 2nd round. he said boll was just too predictable and after losing the 2nd game and going down 0-2, he figured out what boll was doing and that's why he came back for the upset.

so, there you go... you can have the best shots in the world, but if don't know what to do with them, or when to use them, then you'll lose everytime, regardless...
vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2005 at 10:47pm

Well said Kimei, well said.

Btw, have you read Sun-Tzu's art of war? In it has some incredibly useful advice on how to play table tennis, as well as be a cheap-ass (aka successful) businessman.

Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 12:42am

"because of that i'd have to say oh sang eun's backhand is the best of the game. not just because of his actual technique(s), which is excellent, but because of his timing on when to use which technique. which is why he's above kreanga now in the rankings. "

I'd have to say Oh's is far from the best because of how sparatic it is. I like Timo Boll's, Schlager's, Samsonov's, Crisan's, Wang Liqin's, and many Russian players' backhands. Out of all of them, I'd probably want one of the first three I mentioned. They all give deep and spinny topspins when they are given an underspin and then give a controlled, deep, and well-placed topspin when they are in rallies.

Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

"because of that i'd have to say oh sang eun's backhand is the best of the game. not just because of his actual technique(s), which is excellent, but because of his timing on when to use which technique. which is why he's above kreanga now in the rankings. "

I'd have to say Oh's is far from the best because of how sparatic it is. I like Timo Boll's, Schlager's, Samsonov's, Crisan's, Wang Liqin's, and many Russian players' backhands. Out of all of them, I'd probably want one of the first three I mentioned. They all give deep and spinny topspins when they are given an underspin and then give a controlled, deep, and well-placed topspin when they are in rallies.

yes, but... didn't you see the post in the "oh sang eun equipment" thread?

he has changed his racket combination recently and has acknowledged that he was inconsistent in the past, but now, with the new combo, he says he's more consistent.

one of my hitting partners went to us open and all he could talk about was oh's backhand. he said that shot(and his incredible footwork) more than anything else was what took samsonov out.

so, i'm sticking to my prediction: oh will be no. 1 soon!!
spinex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 1:20am
I think Kreanga is the best man in Backhand! It is so power like David Backham
vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by kimei kimei wrote:

Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

yes, but... didn't you see the post in the "oh sang eun equipment" thread?

he has changed his racket combination recently and has acknowledged that he was inconsistent in the past, but now, with the new combo, he says he's more consistent.

one of my hitting partners went to us open and all he could talk about was oh's backhand. he said that shot(and his incredible footwork) more than anything else was what took samsonov out.

so, i'm sticking to my prediction: oh will be no. 1 soon!!

Lmao, if you wanted footwork, Ryu is lightyears (an exaggeration) ahead of Oh. If you want overall, Wang Liqin is lightyears ahead of Oh. If you want short game, trick shots, close the table shots, and crazy blocks, Ma Lin is light years ahead of Oh. I will make a bet with Kimei right now. I bet that Oh will never reach no.1 in the world. He may possibly win a few opens, and be in the top-5 in ranking, but never will win World Championships, Olympics, or World Cup. Oh is a good player, but not good enough to defeat the Chinese.

Lastly, Kimei, you seemed to have forgot that after the decline of Wang Liqin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Hao Shuai, Chen Qi, Kong, Liu Guozheng, Qiu Yike, etc..... there are hundreds more players ready and capable to take their spots. The only reason Wang Nan, Li Ju, and certain players were allowed to play internationally was because they beat Deng Yaping, a 4-time Olympic champion, and the first women to complete a grand slam. There will be nothing that can stop the Chinese, save flukes.

kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 2:55pm
vici,

you are reading into my messages things that i have never said.

i have never said that oh was better than wang or ma, though, he has had more success against ma than wang in the past!! nonetheless, i strongly disagree with notion that ma has better shots than oh!!

wang and ma don't dominate the other top-20 players because they have a better backhand loop or forehand flip or a better this or a better that, per se.

they win because they have a near complete mastery of the "physics" of table tennis, and so, whatever shot you give them, no matter how you spin it, or how fast you hit it, or at whatever angle you hit it at, they are always (well, usually enough) aware of all their options and can come up with an effective response to it.

when you've acquired that kind of knowledge, then the table tennis game (or any game for that matter) becomes a chess game, a game of strategies. and ma and wang are good enough to counter just about any strategy anybody else in the top-10 or top-20 comes up with.

when i watch wang or ma play all the others, i feel like i can almost see the wheels turning in their heads and can see how they work around the problems they encounter from the other players and find solutions and eventually win.

for example, the few times i've seen kreanga play wang, by the last game, he just becomes totally exasperated and pretty much throws the game away.

it almost looks to me like he has never sat down (by himself or with his coach) and stopped to think "so what do i do if so-and-so hits my big backhand loopkill back?" "or my big forehand loop?"

he just looks like he's saying to himself, "i'm gonna take these big swings and i'm gonna hit the ball as hard as i bloody well can and if i miss or if it comes back i don't care. i just don't want think about doing anything else!!"

anyway, not to digress... on another thread, i did say that to get to no. 1, oh would need some help from somebody else.

wang and ma have had bad days and lost to lower-ranked people before, you know that as well as i, so you can't say it's a total impossibility.

would it be a fluke?? yes, it probably would be, but, however it happens, i think it will happen, so long as he doesn't get injured.

speaking of injuries, who knows, maybe wang and ma will have some. and then, adrian crisan will take out wang hao again, and boll will take out chen qi and then somebody else will take out samsonov (anybody can) and then BOOM!! oh sang eun will be there to mop up the mess.

yes, i'm joking, but any number of scenarios could present themselves in the coming months which would allow someone as good as oh to rise up and take the no. 1 spot.

would he stay there very long if it were to happen? i doubt it!! but, as i've said on other posts, players other than wang liqin generally don't stay at no. 1 for very long.
vici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 4:48pm

Ma has better 3rd ball kill shots, as well as those pen-holder only shots, and crazy blocks. They are unique to the penholder, and would obviously be better than Oh.

Kimei, I would love to see (not love, but laugh) Oh take the no. 1 spot. I would laugh even harder if the best Chinese players all got injured and a no-name player mopped up Oh just like Qiu Yike mopped up Boll at 2003 WTTC.

Lastly, I think Oh is ugly, but that's just preference.

kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 7:23pm
i don't think oh is ugly at all.

also, i like his energy--he appears to be a calm and thinking person, in a korean sort of way.

as for laughing, it'll be i who'll be doing all the laughing!! laughing at you and all the other naysayers when he finally does make it to no. 1!!
Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 7:56pm
how about kim Taek Soo backhand smash?does that count?
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Blade: Galaxy T4
FH: Globe 999
BH: Butterfly Cermet I'm not re-gluing anymore
kimei View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2005 at 8:35pm
please, this is serious!!
henok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2005 at 2:36pm

I would say kreanga,chuan,samsonov and crisan

butterfly/donic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly/donic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2005 at 2:57pm
i would say kreanga his backhand is amazing.
schlager-light
fh:bryce 2.1
bh:almana 2.3

klampar-st(butterfly)
fh:f1 max
bh:bryce fx 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic