FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Professional blades weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professional blades weight
    Posted: 08/07/2019 at 7:18pm
Does anyone know the average weight of the Viscarias or Innerforce ZLC that professional players use?  I'm tempted to try out my 81g Viscaria CS, but I know for a fact that the blade will be much slower compared to my 1-ply Jpen, but at least the shots will be more consistent and land on the table more frequently compared to my 1 or 2 jpen power shots.  Any insights would be appreciated.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 8:10pm
There is not any pro player using blades under 95 grams or close.
Some are going even after 105.
With the power these players have, they will break 80 grams blades in seconds.
Also the power and stability is very important. With a big surprise I found several years ago
that in one of my best moments I have used 99-100 grams blades 15 years ago, when el.scales weren't so popular.
Bigger weight = bigger level.
Hope that helps.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 8:48pm
Thanks.  I have always used 92g+ over, but now I'm giving a 81g Viscaria a try.  I hope the relative lightness to keep my shots more consistent on the table
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 9:03pm
Break 80 gram blades in seconds? I'd love to see that, lol...

I've only ever heard of one blade actually breaking from hitting a ball, and it was claimed to be a balsa some 20 years ago. 
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Also the power and stability is very important. With a big surprise I found several years ago
that in one of my best moments I have used 99-100 grams blades 15 years ago, when el.scales weren't so popular.
Hope that helps.

No offense but I would like to ask you for evidence. I am with you, I also believe similarly but I have no proof.
DO you have any photo or statistic about pro's blades?
Equipment Alchemist
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Hope that helps.

Please tell me you are joking. It's a piece of plywood with carbon and arylate. Superman couldn't break it by hitting a ping pong ball.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 12:55am
I own 4 blades of Kreanga, and I have measured other 3 blades of pro players. The heaviest was 92 grams...

Edited by *_strataras_* - 08/08/2019 at 12:55am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
john18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 3:15am
Fan Zhendong already answered in an interview that he required his blades to be around 90g :)
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 5:49am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Thanks.  I have always used 92g+ over, but now I'm giving a 81g Viscaria a try.  I hope the relative lightness to keep my shots more consistent on the table

Topic for 80 grams Viscaria shouldn't even exist. A blade for children, I could say. You can better try some real blades for Children from China, they are even better in stability than this Viscaria.
I think you must read the topic for the new Viscaria ST. I posted there my opinion more widely.

I am not kidding for the weight of the blades. With bigger weight wood you can block more easy faster and powerful loops. Also counter-attacks have more higher throw, at least you must be able to handle the speed of the heavier blades.
If I remember correct, Kreanga carbon is kind of balsa carbon?! Some balsa blades have good throw even with lower weight, especially combined with carbon.

Of course, breaking a blade in seconds was kind of joke lol I am surprised you didn't find it!
I don't know professional player using very light blade, but surely someone is trying until he find his best set-up.

DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 7:18am
It would be interesting question to ask DHS (i think there was a thread here about questions for them)--- if they had an idea about the average weight of their CNT players.

With the game being more close to the table, taking the ball early with quick counters and flicks....maneuverability has its benefits.  I feel like in today's game...even for the athletic beasts that are professionals....going past 95grams has diminishing returns.  

Especially as rubbers/sponges are getting harder....and 'factory boosted' (wink wink)....all adding to the *overall* weight.  
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 8:01pm
I paired my 81g Viscaria CS with brand new sheets of T05 and T64 glued up against the handle.  Although shots felt consistent, they were still slow compared to Jpen, even though I have Rakza 7 Soft on my Jpen.  The speed is just incomparable. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 8:41am
I do think pros (including women) use heavier setups, or so people have written for years. Never heard the breaking thing

I think a newbie might be more likely by maybe trying to bullwhip it or something

Edited by cole_ely - 08/13/2019 at 8:43am
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 4:48pm
didnt someone here post earlier this summer about holding other pro's rackets at some big event and how some of them (cant remember the names, maybe mizutani's...?) used something in the mid 80g range? 

I also remember reading about Timo's ALC and it is in the low 90s i think.
Force Pro BE FL 82g | H3 Neo 2.15 + FTL | Aurus Select 2.1
Force Pro BE AN 82g | 2x Aurus Prime 2.1
FS Feedback
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

didnt someone here post earlier this summer about holding other pro's rackets at some big event and how some of them (cant remember the names, maybe mizutani's...?) used something in the mid 80g range? 

I also remember reading about Timo's ALC and it is in the low 90s i think.

I think this was in the T2, where the fans and players have more contact.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 12:32am
When in discussion with Avalox (the manufacturer), they said that the professional players always asked for heavier blades, in the low nine-ties.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2019 at 5:57pm
what about total weight
1dennistt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2019 at 8:40am
Are today's rubbers heavier than what was used in the 80's?  Also back then rubber was usually 2.0 not the max thicknesses used today.  Compare a 2.0 Mark V or Sriver L to a Tenergy 05 or MXP in max thickness.  So blade weight might be adjusted lighter overall today to reflect the difference in weight of rubber sheets used.  Of course this is not accounting for the speed glue used back then or boosters used today that soak in and add weight to the sheets.

What I could find gives the weight in Sq/cm, here is the link if you want to see more:   https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/

Tenergy 05 Hard  .256
Dignics 05            .232
Sriver L                .192

Hurricane III Prov .256
PF4                       .226

MXP                       .241
MXS                       .246

Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Victas V>15 Stiff (Black) Max, Spinlord Keiler (Red) 1.8 mm,
Wt. 167 gm total weight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic