Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Q: blade sealing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
patlu08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patlu08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q: blade sealing
    Posted: 02/28/2008 at 1:02am
Hairspray? Sanding Sealer?

What do you use?

What method do you use?

Stiga OC CR - no wrb
FH: Globe 999t/Quattro 2.0
BH: Sriver L 1.9
Sponsored Links

THEMANFZ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEMANFZ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 1:26am
Mine was done with a  semi gloss finish.  but I was thinking about using clay pot sealer next time.  We use this on our lacrosse nets and it prevents the early morning dew off the grass from entering the nylon netting however remains flexible.  So you will get good protection while maintaining the surface flexability. Next blade I get thats what I plan on using. For those of you that are making the same face I did when some one told me about it Confused Here is a link so you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.plaidonline.com/productDetail.asp?itemID=6072
Joola MC1-Inspirit Quattro 2.0 & Palio CJ8000
Ritc V6-Globe 999 2.0 & 729 lightning FX
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 5:12am
I use polyurethane, applied with a rag so I can apply minimum quantity for
each coat.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

flatulenzio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulenzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 6:40am
I always used a "hardoil" (contains different oils and waxes)

You can also use hair lacquer (not "hairspray"!!!)

Benny

a blade, a black Rubber, a red Rubber
2winged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2winged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 10:19am
For those who have sealed their blades did you notice a difference in the play or feel of the blade? Did the blade have a softer feel before sealing and a harder feel afterwards? or vice versa?
Blade: BTY Adolescen, Gergely 21
Rubber: Inspirit Quattro, Innova
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 10:22am
Use the search feature on this forum and search for blade sealing or the like.  You will find more information than you may even care to know about the topic.

pongcrazy
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 11:41am
Originally posted by pongcrazy pongcrazy wrote:

Use the search feature on this forum and search for blade sealing or the like.  You will find more information than you may even care to know about the topic.

pongcrazy

That's true - we already had huge discussions on that! Search for Minwax, Polyurethane or Sanding Sealer.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 1:08pm
with the VOC band around the corner i would suggest using water base sealer on any blade u plan on using after the band

also it is better for u, and is a breeze to use the new products

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

with the VOC band around the corner i would suggest using water base sealer on any blade u plan on using after the band

also it is better for u, and is a breeze to use the new products

As long as you do it in well ventilated place there is nothing to be scared of - what do you think carpenters all die very young because they use this stuff?

Mention of the ban is meaningless here - after day or two there are no vapors at all to talk about. This is the thing you hopefully do just once with your blade so not to worry!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2008 at 2:11pm

[/QUOTE=JimT]

As long as you do it in well ventilated place there is nothing to be scared of - what do you think carpenters all die very young because they use this stuff?

Mention of the ban is meaningless here - after day or two there are no vapors at all to talk about. This is the thing you hopefully do just once with your blade so not to worry
!
[/QUOTE]

what makes u think carpenters use poly or sanding sealer?

and to put in in perspective for u let me ask u, is it better to have 1 cigarette or 0 cigarettes, sure 1 wont harm u but it won't do u any good either

also if u noticed i added that the product is very easy to use

and if the band is meaningless then why are they making these water based sealers

and the original poster asked what do u use? so im i not entitled to give my 2 cents or do u just go over all the post in this forum and knock them if u feel you know better!

and i dont think anyone is scared of using poly, therefore i think your entire post is meaningless
you should really try to keep your posts in this for forum positive and helpful, instead of nitpicking at others, it helps no one and is a waste of time

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic