Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Regional Qualifying tournament
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Qualifying tournament

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regional Qualifying tournament
    Posted: 05/17/2022 at 6:30pm
The California Regional qualifying tournament is this weekend.  Saturdays part 1 event has 4 entries.  Sundays part 2 has 3 entries.  Part 3 has 0 entries and part 4 has 1 entry.  Another failure of the USATT.
Next year they will tell us how successful this year was and will do it again.  The state and regional qualifying tournaments are a failure and the program should be ended.
Sponsored Links

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2022 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

The California Regional qualifying tournament is this weekend.  Saturdays part 1 event has 4 entries.  Sundays part 2 has 3 entries.  Part 3 has 0 entries and part 4 has 1 entry.  Another failure of the USATT.
Next year they will tell us how successful this year was and will do it again.  The state and regional qualifying tournaments are a failure and the program should be ended.
What's the clubs reasoning for breaking it into parts in the first place? 

ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

What's the clubs reasoning for breaking it into parts in the first place? 

I think that they thought that there are so many players in California that they would need 4 events.  The CA state event didn't draw many players so I'm not sure what inspired them to think that.

The only successful state or regional events that have had a little success is when the event included rating events that would draw players who would, besides entering the rating events might also enter the qualifying events.  Your regional event has 23 players registered.  Of those players how many would go to the Nationals if they qualified.  If your event only had qualifying events, how many players would enter?

Edited by mts388 - 05/17/2022 at 9:38pm
fieldingy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fieldingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2022 at 4:23pm
Everybody gets a medal!  I guess maybe there is not many players in that area want to go to US national this year. 
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2022 at 1:52pm
Regional #1 didn't happen
 Regional #2 had 4 players
 Regional #3 doesn't have any players entered
 Regional #4 has 2 players entered.
I'm glad this wasn't my idea.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2022 at 6:03pm

Regional #1 didn't happen
 Regional #2 had 4 players
 Regional #3 doesn't have any players entered
 Regional #4 has 2 players entered.
I'm glad this wasn't my idea.

"All four tournaments ran on-time, and the participants were enthusiastic about the prizes!" /s
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2022 at 2:08pm
I was mistaken, regional 2 only had 3 players who played a total of 6 matches.  Imagine the prestige of placing in the top three of a major regional tournament.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic