FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Reviews: K-5+ BW2+ Palio CJ8000 Biotech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews: K-5+ BW2+ Palio CJ8000 Biotech
    Posted: 08/17/2009 at 6:11am

Disclaimer:- The below mentioned views/reviews are based on my personal findings and they bear no similarity whatsoever with any other reviews mentioned on this forum.

The combination in test here is:-
Blade :- Galaxy K-5 (supposedly a clone of Butterfly Viscaria)
FH Rubber:- Haifu Blue Whale 2 - 39 deg (Factory Tuned)
BH Rubber:- Palio CJ8000 Biotech 36-38 deg

A bit of introduction on my playing style:- I can perform almost all the table tennis strokes mentioned in the book. I prefer to loop kill the ball as and when i get a chance from FH side. From the backhand side, i try to mix my game as much as possible. I punch block from BH, and more often than not, also loop kill from the backhand side too.

I will go step by step in evaluating the combination. Hence, i will first write about my views on the blade, then each of the rubbers.

Galaxy K-5 :-
First impressions:-
Out of the package that it came in, it looks absolutely gorgeous. Very nice flared handle for a short heighted (5 Feet 7 Inches) person like me.
The finish is pretty close to the Butterfly blades. The construction of K-5 is similar to Viscaria, infact, it is identical. The top wood is same, the kevlar (Arylate) carbon layers are same. Even the core wood is same. Everything looks same, except for the handle.
First bounce on the blade: It feels a bit slow in comparison to my existing blade (LKT 9010 SST). I rate my current blade as fast as BTY Gergely, so in effect, K-5 is a bit slower than Gergely. This is justified, as even Viscaria is supposed to be slower than Gergely. The annoying ping sound is NOT there in this blade (LKT has this annoying ping sound coming from it which just affects my concentration while playing somehow).
The blade has a beautiful finish and it does not need to be sealed IMO (atleast for normal VOC glues). With water based glues, however, the story might be a bit different.

You must lightly seal it with water based glues in order to avoid the chances of it being splintered.
Playing characteristics: Absolutely marvelous! That is all i can say about this blade. It has everything. It has the most appropriate amount of speed. It has amazing control for a blade with such a good speed. It has enough dwell time for ease of looping too.
This blade has enough power from mid distance too. It just doesn't let you feel that you have to put in all your might to make the ball reach the table from mid-distance.
I have never played with Viscaria myself so i cannot directly compare it with Viscaria. But if you compare it to a M.Maze, that i have played with, i can say that it has just a touch more speed and rest all the playing characteristics are same.
The ratings of speed and control, from my point of view are:-
Speed:- 8.9 / 10 (Assuming gergely and LKT 9010 are 9.3/10)
Control:- 8.2 / 10 (Assuming gergely is 7.3 / 10 and LKT 9010 is 7.8/10)

The dwell time on this blade is amazing. It is definitely a loopers blade. On another side, it can offer you enough speed to flat kill easily too.
For the vibrations part: I could not feel any vibrations at all. My LKT also does not have any vibrations and feels like a rock. K-5, on the other hand, does not have any vibrations too, but it also does not have that rock hard feeling. Its feeling is similar to M. Maze. I just love this blade for this reason itself. The rock hard feeling of LKT 9010 does not let you feel anything. On the other hand, this blade shuts out the vibration (due to Kevlar/Arylate Carbon layers) and simultaneously gives you a beautiful feel of the ball too. It is too good a combination.
The short game of this blade is fantastic. It is very controlled and not so bouncy. It lets you place the ball exactly where you want. Your short pushes remain short with this blade.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Sponsored Links

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 6:21am

Haifu Blue Whale 2  - 39 deg (Factory Tuned):-
I had got this rubber from Eacheng.net about a month or so back. It was lying in the packet ever since. I received the blade (K-5) from TTRubberMan last week and hence i went ahead and got this rubber cut and stuck on K-5. While sticking, my coach who cuts the rubbers for me, had made a small mistake and so he had to take it out and clean it. So with this the tuning layer (brownish colored glue layer) on the rubber was taken out. Now, i do not know whether it has converted into the ordinary BW2 or does it still have that tuning feel in it.
First Impressions:- This is perhaps the most wonderful FH rubber that i have ever played with. Out of the package, it came a bit tacky. It is not as tacky as a DHS Hurricane 3 though. It does not pick up the ball (for me, atleast). The rubber has a softer, more springier sponge as compared to H3 commercial version that i had laid my hands on some time ago.
Playing characteristics:- This rubber has AMAZING amount of spin. I have never played with anything so spinny (ofcourse, leaving aside H3 from that anything list).
My serves were giving trouble to most of the best rated players at my club. The lower rated players found it VERY VERY hard to return my serves yesterday. My short and long backspin serves had so much backspin on them that the lower rated players were always pushing it into the net. I just loved the sight of their plight.
The crack of this rubber is disturbing for me though. It is similar in sound to most of the other sticky rubbers that i have played with. They don't give you the speed gluish sound. Instead, they give you this unpleasant crackish sound when you hit the ball. My opponents thought that the ball has cracked.
The kick on loops is amazing. Just out of this world. The ball hits the table and then just dips. I mean, it literally dips because of the amount of spin in it. And all of this, is just effortless. I do not even have to snap my wrist to produce that extra spin on my shot. The ball does exactly what you ask it to do. If your action has a side spinning touch to it, you would be amazed to find the amount of side spin this rubber adds on to the shot.
Speed: This might be the only drawback of this rubber. It lacks a bit in this department. This might also be due to the fact that my coach had removed the tuning layer on the sponge. But still it is very very very fast compared to other chinese rubbers that i have played with (729 FX, 729, 729-2, H3 commercial).
Control: In this department, this rubber is excellent. It gives you better amount of control than the newer generation Tensors. Infact, it is better in control than most of the Tensors that i have tried till date (Donic JO Gold, JO Platin, Sonex JP Gold, GKI Euro Chelonz).
Flipping balls is damn easy with BW2. I just love to flip short serves of opponents with this rubber.

Now i will compare this rubber with a H3, which I had personally tuned/boosted. A bit of introduction on the boosting process:- I had applied approximately 12-13 layers of lamp oil (Kerosene) each on the sponge and the top sheet. The rubber had stretched almost an inch. I had to cut the excess out. I am not exaggerating when i say an inch.

It had literally stretched/expanded that much.

Speed:- H3(personally tuned) almost = BW2
Spin:- H3(personally tuned) almost = BW2
Control:- BW2 > H3(personally tuned)
Feel of the ball:- H3(personally tuned) better than BW2

But trust me, there is no possibility of being able to play this sheet of H3(personally tuned) in a tournament. It has deadly amounts of VOC in it because of the tuning process. I aired out the racket for 5-7 days, but the nasty smell does not go at all.
I would still say that BW2 is a better rubber as compared to this H3(personally tuned). And as it is, there is no possibility of DHS making a H3 that has similar feel as the one that i had produced due to tuning/boosting.

Throw angle:- The throw angle of BW2 is slightly on the higher side. It is pretty similar to H3 in this respect. Looping any amount of backspin is almost effortless. With tensors, that i have tried, it is not so easy to loop backspin balls as it is with BW2. I do not intend to say that looping backspin balls is in any manner a difficult task when it comes to tensors. All i am trying to say here is that with BW2 it is much easier. I personally feel that it has to do something with the Throw Angle of BW2 which is slightly on the higher side.

Overall, this rubber gets a 9.5/10 from me. The 0.5 that i have deducted is because of the fact that it still lacks a bit in speed. This rubber has a lot of gears, the only thing missing is the Top Speed gear (again, this might be due to the removal of the tuning layer).
This rubber will remain my forehand rubber for many many days/months to come (until the EJ bug bites me again).

A bit off topic here:- Can some one please tell me the difference between a Factory Tuned and Ordinary BW2? Is it just the speed? or is there some difference in other characteristics too?

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 6:25am

Palio CJ8000 Biotech 36-38 deg:-
Out of the package, it looks a bit tacky. After a few wipings, it loses that tackyness. It is pretty grippy. Sponge feels a bit on the 38 deg side rather than the 36 deg side.

The sponge also has this tinge of purple in it. It is not clear/cream white.
Playing characteristics:- There is nothing amazing about this rubber. But at $14 shipped a sheet, you cannot go wrong with this. It is great for both forehand and backhand.
Speed:-
The speed on this rubber is nice. Not as good as the Tensors, but not that bad either. Just enough for my Back Hand.
Spin:- Nothing great about this rubber when it comes to spin too. The best part about this rubber is its low sensitivity to spin. The topshet became smooth for me (lost that tacky feel) and then, it was very very easy to control the incoming spin. It was damn easy to return any serves with this rubber. Though, BW2 is definitely a bit better than this rubber in this department. But when you compare it to the classics like Sriver EL and Mark V, it is just superb. With Mark V and Sriver family kind of rubbers, it gets a bit too difficult to return serves with great amounts of spin. However, CJ8000 does this with ease.
Throw Angle:-The throw angle is higher than Mark V and Sriver, but lower than BW2. It is easy to loop backspin balls with this rubber too. It is not so easy to loop backspin ball when it comes to Mark V and Sriver. This rubber gets a 9/10 for this ability.
Sound:- There is a faint (very very faint) speed gluish sound coming from this rubber. But that happens on very very hard hits. For ordinary shots, you can easily assume that there is no sound.
Short game is excellent. Short pushes have a lot of backspin. You can easily flip with this rubber. But still it is not as easy as it was with BW2. Decent enough!
It has good amount of kick in loops.
I used this rubber on my BH and opening serves was very easy.

When you look at the exhaustive review about BW2 above and compare CJ8000 with it, Palio CJ8000 might look a bit dull. But don't be fooled. I can definitely say that you cannot go wrong with this rubber anyhow.
It has everything that you can ask for. It definitely suits me on the BH.

I played with BW2 on the BH for a short while and loved it too. I know that BW2 is a FH rubber, but i can definitely say that is would make a lovely BH rubber. I am already planning to buy another sheet of BW2.

I just want to know in detail the difference between normal BW2 and Factory Tuned BW2. If the difference is only there when the tuning layer is there, then i guess i have played with an ordinary (non-tuned) BW2 and my experiences should be accounted accordingly.
But if the tuning is built into the sponge, i guess, i will then have to go with Factory Tuned version again. Please do answer my question!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 7:24am
No comments yet Unhappy!! Very strange!!
People: Please make sure to leave your comments about my reviews!! I am dying to hear something about the reviews!
It took me a long long time to write this!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 9:45am
Nice review
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 10:14am
Thanks for the info... very helpful!
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

Nice review

Good enough review to make me consider BW2 or a different tacky rubber like Hadou Biotech (something I avoided in the past - bad experience 15 years ago).

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 10:35am
Excellent and very helpful reviews. Thank you, Anubhav!

I didn't notice any glue layer on my BW sponge, but still did not use any glue on it - only on the blade. So cannot say the difference between tuned and not-tuned. For me BW II is an interesting alternative to FH H2. The cracking sound will disappear in 2-3 weeks, I had the same worries with my H2 and H3 rubbers lavishly speed-glued by my seller without my sanction.

In the beginning, BW held the ball for 16 seconds but after several clean-ups everything went to normal.

PS. Today, I tried a pair of Kokutaku Bluetenkirsche 868 for $ 3.90 each on my old Vietnamese blade dated 1972. It boosted like Double HK. Now I wonder why should we spend 10 or 100 times more money to get the same effect... And ordered another 10 KB 868 rubbers.

Now looking for my outdated webby paddles to revitalize them.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 2:10pm
silverhair:- If speed is what you want out of a rubber, then i guess BW2 won't be able to amuse you anyhow. However, if you can generate your own speed, or have a carbon blade that can do it for you, it is going to be a good buy for sure. It is more spinny than any other rubber i have tried till date. But yeah, the speed is much slower than Mark V too, but still much better than most of those chinese tacky sheets out there. Make sure that you give it enough time to let the tackyness wear off a bit.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 2:12pm
Imago:- I guess that your BW2 version was not the Factory Tuned one. Did it have a transparent sheet of plastic on top of the sponge which had Haifu written in red diagonally all over it? If this plastic sheet was not there with Haifu written on it, you can very well assume that yours was a non tuned version.
Any idea about the speed? Will it increase ever? Mine is almost grippy now. It is no longer suitable to call it tacky. I cleaned it thoroughly with water to remove the tackyness. Is there anything that i can do to increase the speed of this rubber?
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

silverhair:- If speed is what you want out of a rubber, then i guess BW2 won't be able to amuse you anyhow. However, if you can generate your own speed, or have a carbon blade that can do it for you, it is going to be a good buy for sure. It is more spinny than any other rubber i have tried till date. But yeah, the speed is much slower than Mark V too, but still much better than most of those chinese tacky sheets out there. Make sure that you give it enough time to let the tackyness wear off a bit.

I believe that speed should be a function of technique, less dependent on equipment.  Spin is a little different since it is also a function of the rubber used, but still dependent on good technique.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

Originally posted by anubhav</span><span title=Convert this amount =currency_converter_>1984</span><span =currency_converter_text> anubhav1984 wrote:

I believe that speed should be a function of technique, less dependent on equipment.  Spin is a little different since it is also a function of the rubber used, but still dependent on good technique.

What i mean to say is that compared to Mark V you would not be able to get enough speed. The ball just doesn't get that flying speed. The tensors are also pretty good at this. I know that the speed of the shot is dependent on technique, but still, with the same technique you would get more speed out of Mark V and the tensors. I hope it clarifies!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 2:40pm
It does. 

I have ordered 2 sheets each (r + b) of CJ8000 Biotech 39 - 41, HK1997 36 - 38 and HK1997 39 - 41.  Just curious as to what to expect.  I also have a couple of new sheets of Mark V 2.0 (r + b).  I've used the Mark V in the past and know how it behaves.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 2:43pm
silverhair:- Out of curiosity! Which hard tacky rubber did you have a bad experience with?What was so bad about it?
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 3:04pm
It was 15+ years ago and  I can't remember what I had for breakfast.  Wink

I recall that the rubber was very sticky / tacky, but the sponge was very dead feeling and slow compared to what I was using (probably Mark V or Tornado).  It was supposed to be a looping-attacking rubber.  I think it was Friendship 729 (sounds familiar) but I could be wrong.  I was very disappointed.  I think I switched to Asti (?) rubber or maybe Mark V.  Since that time, I've been strictly EJ, mostly Donic rubbers.  I particularly enjoy hitting with F3 Big Slam just for the fun it helps generate.

Maybe its time to try tacky rubber again?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 3:10pm
silverhair:- The friendship 729 definitely has a dead feeling sponge. But it does come alive with speed glue. It reacts to gluing and boosting very well.
Anyways, that is banned now.
BW2 sponge is much more livelier and springier than the Friendship sponge. Try a 38 deg sponge. That would be a tad bit more lively, i presume. But even the 39 deg, that i have, is springy enough from my point of view.
And i can say this with confidence because i have tried the Friendship 729 rubbers. They are worthless without speed glue.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 3:23pm
That's encouraging.  I've got a LOT of rubber to test for now, but will try BW2 in the near future.  
dealk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 4:35pm
How does BW2 compare to Outlaw - I remember reading elsewhere that you used it previously.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2009 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

It was 15+ years ago and  I can't remember what I had for breakfast.  Wink

I recall that the rubber was very sticky / tacky, but the sponge was very dead feeling and slow compared to what I was using (probably Mark V or Tornado).  It was supposed to be a looping-attacking rubber.  I think it was Friendship 729 (sounds familiar) but I could be wrong.  I was very disappointed.  I think I switched to Asti (?) rubber or maybe Mark V.  Since that time, I've been strictly EJ, mostly Donic rubbers.  I particularly enjoy hitting with F3 Big Slam just for the fun it helps generate.

Maybe its time to try tacky rubber again?

15 years ago almost for sure was either 729fx or Double Fish 815, I used to play them both but I used carbon blades with those. Just before that I used Tornado FH Tackyness chop BH and then when Toranado got banned I used Mark V for a short time. Tacky rubbers ever since, the power you can generate in the short game just can't be matched by a grippy rubber

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 12:02am
Originally posted by dealk dealk wrote:

How does BW2 compare to Outlaw - I remember reading elsewhere that you used it previously.

Outlaw is a different monster! It has a lot of speed. Way past Mark V. So the comparison scale can be drawn something like this:-
Speed: Outlaw >> BW2
Spin: BW2 >> Outlaw
Control: BW2 > Outlaw

Outlaw is a grippy rubber which has a lot of speed and has the speed gluish sound in it. It is also very very good in short game. The serves are spinny with outlaw too, but then Haifu is just a different story altogether. With BW2 your serves catch up a hell lot of spin.
Outlaw is meant for flat hitters rather than loopers. The ball barely stays on the rubber for long. You need to be very patient with Outlaw if you are a looper because it might take a bit of adjusting. But once you get adjusted to Outlaw for looping, there is no match for it. But still, looping great amount of backspins is a bit too difficult with Outlaw.
Whereas, BW2 is a looping rubber. You can loop any amount of backspin with ease.
Any other areas you want to be compared?
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 1:20am
anubhav you are using my favorite equipments... :)

no wonder you are happy... only i wish i started with these instead of going through no less than 40 rubbers and 12 blades to arrive here.

i have changed the blade to amultart though.. which is also very nice.. but regret giving away my k-5.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 2:36am
wow. I must say, this is by far one of the more detailed review's I've seen. Good Job anubhav1984!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 2:46am
cagaragesales :- Hey! Thanks a lot man! I am the same Anubhav who chatted with you on yahoo!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 2:50am
That speed glue feeling and speed comes with the tuned version and lasts about 2 weeks before dying out. I've had some that lasted me a month when I wasn't playing 4-5 hours a day. I average about 20 hours a week normally.

Normal untuned BW2 is slightly harder than BW2 Tuned. Also BW2 does lack a bit in feeling that was part of the H3 Provincial trademark. I've gotten to the point in my game where I'm looking for a wider range of shots. BW2 can't suffice it, so I'm planning on changing back to the H3 Provincials, but I'm still loving BW2 as my primary FH at the moment.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 2:53am

cagaragesales :- Hey! Thanks a lot man! I am the same Anubhav who chatted with you on yahoo!

Ohh! ok! Well Hello There!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 2:55am
Hello Albert! I hope i did justice to the rubbers and blade!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 3:10am
This is an impresive review and a good one.(You should be a writerSmile).Enjoy your new equipement.I hope K-5 is the blade you were looking for.Cheers.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 4:20am
Thanks a lot Ciprian. I really wanted to be a writer! But i am content with writing equipment reviews for now. I hope to review many more equipments in the future. I have a Haifu Shark II Factory Tuned on its way for me to test it, courtsey Alex Li. I will post similar kind of reviews for it once it reaches me.
As for K-5; i am in love with this blade. This is really what i was looking for. An optimal combination of speed and dwell time. I just wish there was something a bit faster with the same dwell time and control. But i now that i am being too demanding when i ask for such a blade.
My next would be a Xi-Enting blade in case i end up losing interest in K-5, which i don't foresee for now atleast. I will hold on to this blade for a long long time for sure, unless someone gives me another blade for free ;). I have spent a lot on EJing till date. I guess this calls for a pause on the budget flow towards TT equipment.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
dealk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by dealk dealk wrote:

Outlaw is a different monster! It has a lot of speed. Way past Mark V. So the comparison scale can be drawn something like this:-
Speed: Outlaw >> BW2
Spin: BW2 >> Outlaw
Control: BW2 > Outlaw

Outlaw is a grippy rubber which has a lot of speed and has the speed gluish sound in it. It is also very very good in short game. The serves are spinny with outlaw too, but then Haifu is just a different story altogether. With BW2 your serves catch up a hell lot of spin.
Outlaw is meant for flat hitters rather than loopers. The ball barely stays on the rubber for long. You need to be very patient with Outlaw if you are a looper because it might take a bit of adjusting. But once you get adjusted to Outlaw for looping, there is no match for it. But still, looping great amount of backspins is a bit too difficult with Outlaw.
Whereas, BW2 is a looping rubber. You can loop any amount of backspin with ease.
Any other areas you want to be compared?

Good comparison.   I found Outlaw to be more forgiving on loops than my previous Mark V.  Seems like BW2 is even more so.  I will stick with Outlaw for now as I also like the speed I get now. Thanks
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2009 at 7:15pm
anubhav:

1. did you have any problems in customs etc.. in receiving the shipments / couriers in India?

2. I think you were interested in K-5 based on my review of many fast blades (since you asked Qs after fast or medium fast)... so if i read your mind correctly the next level speed with same control is extremely expensive option... and currently in my signature. :)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic