Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seamaster 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus, Portugal Open
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seamaster 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus, Portugal Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 11:20pm
LSW was ahead in the 3th and 4th games like 6:2 or 5:1 and HH kept coming back. I wondered why Ma Lin did not call time out during these two games. It is almost impossible for LSW to come back after 1:3 down.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 2:08am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Olympics only allows two players per gender.
LSW probably is out of the picture due to her recent performance.

If Ding Ning doesnt win the WTTC, it will be whoever wins.  It only remains open if Ding Ning wins again.  So there is no point on counting anyone out.  It will take a near disaster for Liu Shiwen not to play the WTTC.  The CNT doesn't make knee jerk decisions.   They will evaluate the whole match and see that it was a competitive match not because LIu Shiwen was playing badly.  There were just things they were not ready for.  If they played the match tomorrow, the score could change. 
======================
I was talking about Olympic games, not WTTC.

I think LSW will not play at the next WTTC:
Who would you remove from the team:
-Chen Meng: not: she is the best player for months
-Ding Ning: not
-Zhu Yuling: not, only 1 bad result...the Ito Mima match
-Wang Manyu: not, very regular and probably the n°1 within the next 2 years

There is only 1 place remaining and Sun Yingsha won the first qualifying tournament for the WTTC.

Liu Shiwen lost from Hayata, from Ito Mima (twice) and of course from other CNT players but most of all, she seems to have mental problems during matches. I think it could be over for her, regarding the qualification for WTTC. 
 CNT is not a sentimental organisation.
Regarding the Olympics, it is already over.

Edited by kakapo - 02/17/2019 at 2:08am
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 2:15am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

LSW was ahead in the 3th and 4th games like 6:2 or 5:1 and HH kept coming back. I wondered why Ma Lin did not call time out during these two games. It is almost impossible for LSW to come back after 1:3 down.

I did watched several matches with Chinese players in this tournament and several times, I saw Chinese coaches dissapeared (physically or by behaviour ) while his player was in difficulties.
Or the coach does not feel concerned...
The best exemple is the match between Hu Limei and Shibata Saki....I had the feeling that the Chinese coach was watching ...another match instead of focussing on his match :)) and when Hu Limei was down...he simply left and let her alone...

accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 3:33am
In case people didn't know, CNT sends only a minimal amount of coaches(not sufficient) along to keep cost down. This has been going on for a few years.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 5:30am

If Ding Ning doesnt win the WTTC, it will be whoever wins.  It only remains open if Ding Ning wins again.  So there is no point on counting anyone out.  It will take a near disaster for Liu Shiwen not to play the WTTC.  The CNT doesn't make knee jerk decisions.   They will evaluate the whole match and see that it was a competitive match not because LIu Shiwen was playing badly.  There were just things they were not ready for.  If they played the match tomorrow, the score could change. 
======================

I was talking about Olympic Games too. China sends the WTTC winners to the Olympics.  So if Ding Ning doesnt win in 2019, it will be whoever does.  World ranking is not as important as winning the WTTC in the past qualification cycle. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Qabod
FH: Fastarc G1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc G1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT
No train. Just tricks.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 5:32am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

======================

I think LSW will not play at the next WTTC:
Who would you remove from the team:
-Chen Meng: not: she is the best player for months
-Ding Ning: not
-Zhu Yuling: not, only 1 bad result...the Ito Mima match
-Wang Manyu: not, very regular and probably the n°1 within the next 2 years

There is only 1 place remaining and Sun Yingsha won the first qualifying tournament for the WTTC.

Liu Shiwen lost from Hayata, from Ito Mima (twice) and of course from other CNT players but most of all, she seems to have mental problems during matches. I think it could be over for her, regarding the qualification for WTTC. 
 CNT is not a sentimental organisation.
Regarding the Olympics, it is already over.

If Ali Shiwen wins the WTTC,  she will go.  If she doesnt she will not.  It is really that simple.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Qabod
FH: Fastarc G1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc G1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT
No train. Just tricks.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 6:04am
The sound on the live stream, lol ...
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 7:29am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

The sound on the live stream, lol ...
Sounds like a Darth Vader voice box. Zeio's YouTube link works fine though. 

Come on Vladi!
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 7:52am
Thanks for the link. Came on in time to see a great match!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 9:45am
LJK in trouble?

Down in games:  1-3   (against Liu)
=======
Update:  Now 3-3.

Edited by skip3119 - 02/17/2019 at 10:00am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 10:04am
LYB is dictating all of the points.  Impressive how he's able to maintain both aggressiveness and consistency.  Reminds me a little like Harimoto.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

LYB is dictating all of the points.  Impressive how he's able to maintain both aggressiveness and consistency.  Reminds me a little like Harimoto.
========
Despite his loss to LJK, LYB is the new face to watch in future ITTF events.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 10:18am
LJK pulled it off.  He had been playing passive for much of the match, but pulled it together at the end.  Scary how good many of China's young players are: WCQ, LJK, LYB.  Will be interesting to see how LYB does in more Pro Tours.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 10:24am
LJK is guaranteed a move up to WR#14.  Winning the finals should put him at WR#13.
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 12:43pm
rubbers of hayatA?
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 3:45pm
WOW, Liang Jingkun, Nice Work,

Congratulations!!

Liang - I can do what you do. Just wait - Jingkun, growing stronger and wiser, proves his worth.
Winning the final against his compatriot and teammate, WR#3 LGY, almost seems anticlimactic when you consider that the semifinal against another compatriot 17 yr old young gun LYB was so brutal that he almost got off the track. Finding his way out of the maze from being down 1:3 in games, almost like ML in a tough situation, shows how much he has grown.

Great job!!

Edited by fortunateluck - 02/17/2019 at 3:58pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 3:56pm
You can see that he played without pressure in the final. When he plays like that, he can beat anyone in the world. His semi final was a good test for him dealing with the one being hunted. He continues to prove himself as top ten worthy.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 4:23pm
Note to self: get Rakza X
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 9:39pm

You can see that he played without pressure in the final. When he plays like that, he can beat anyone in the world. His semi final was a good test for him dealing with the one being hunted. He continues to prove himself as top ten worthy.

Liang Jingkun reminds me of a young Zhang Jike prior to WTTC... He might be one of the dark horses that will go all the way! Such determination and  power....I'm fearful for Fan Zhendong, he really needs to up his game fast! His Olympics spot is safe if Ma Long or if he wins the WTTC, but if someone else in the CNT gets it his place will be usurped, just like Ma Long in 2012. 

This WTTC will be incredibly interesting, with Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan, Harimoto all being very worthy contenders for the throne...

I really doubt Ma Long will take it this time around with such strong competitors here, his position is a bit like Wang Hao in the WTTC 2011....

-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3 Neo
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 9:40pm
What "RET" stands for?

In women's singles Main Draw, Round 64.
The player in position 30, has a red RET behind her name.
What RET stands for?

Thanks in advance.
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 11:41pm

Retired

ZHANG Lily USA -  SHCHERBATYKH Valeria RUS

10-12,11-5,11-5,11-4,11-0

4 : RET

Edited by VladCeller - 02/17/2019 at 11:46pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 6:39am
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

Retired

Yes, but retired for what reason? We know there is a separate abbreviation for injured, INJ. And I think disqualified uses the abbreviation DISQ. 
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 7:08am
I do not know ....Embarrassed It is retired, not injured ....
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 8:56am

Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

Retired

Yes, but retired for what reason? We know there is a separate abbreviation for injured, INJ. And I think disqualified uses the abbreviation DISQ.
=======================
Lily lost 1 game and won 3 games.
SHCHERBATYKH Valeria didn't want to play the 5th game.
ITTF labelled this situation as "RET" (retired).
So, it seems.

YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 8:57am
Doesn't that just mean she gave up the match?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 9:13am
I didn't see the match so I'm just speculating here. I'm wondering if Valeria got faulted for serves, got irritated, and just said I'm not going to play any more.  There's got to be some *reason* for giving up.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 9:31am
The said match was on Table 5, that means No Video to watch.

Edited by skip3119 - 02/18/2019 at 10:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic