Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SF East Bay: Coach Lin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 2:34pm
we all love this sport.  just don't need the attitude.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Sponsored Links

hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 2:37pm
[/QUOTE]

Thats really for you. would you be nice to him free of charge?

I have all the students I can handle.  Better than me in what way ??  please do tell.

Have you done much on the National level??  some of my US Nationals medals.

[/QUOTE]

Then why do you even care? Too much time wasting in this forum on me for a coach like you. Allow me ask, did your students get those medals or you won them yourself in tourny? I am pretty sure we are discussing about coaching here. Winning medals and showing you are good just proves you are a good athlete but a coach takes a different quality. 
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

we all love this sport.  just don't need the attitude.

I said it over and over again. My antics is already up there and I will never be able to take back my words especially when it is in the internet; it will be there forever. What YOU did is insult a credible member in this forum and a student of mine. Feel free to insult me as I deserve it, but you went over the line and insult someone else other than me and he deserve none of that. You owe an apology to nanthso.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Thats really for you. would you be nice to him free of charge?

I have all the students I can handle.  Better than me in what way ??  please do tell.

Have you done much on the National level??  some of my US Nationals medals.

[/QUOTE]

Then why do you even care? Too much time wasting in this forum on me for a coach like you. Allow me ask, did your students get those medals or you won them yourself in tourny? I am pretty sure we are discussing about coaching here. Winning medals and showing you are good just proves you are a good athlete but a coach takes a different quality. 
[/QUOTE]

Whose are my medals.  I coach kids at two churches, and private lessons for some adults for their health. They have different goals than me.

I only said you're being nice because you are paid to be, that's nothing to apologize for.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Too many time and space in mytt for this fictional "coach"...

I will always be a beginner in English because it is my 2nd language but I keep trying to improve; you can do the same. Anyway,

1) Use "much" with time & space; "many" is more appropriate for something that can be counted (as in "1,2,3..."). Example: "I am much annoyed with the many negative people around here (guess who). I have many things to say about them but it would be much difficult as it would go against the many good society elementary rules I want to promote (like encouraging the best in people)".

2) Putting quotes around "coach" was redundant because the adjective that preceded it; they actually worked in hunkeelin's favor as you created a sort of multiple negation.

I hope it helps; good luck!

-

to all stone throwers: don't you have anything to do with your lives beside putting down people? it reflects so badly on your self-esteem.

to all stones receivers: let the bitter remarks slide over your ID like water on a duck's feathers (ignore and let them self-destruct). Any answer is calling for some more.

-

No quoting and commenting necessary; thanks.

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 3:09pm
Very well said.
Shifter
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 3:49pm
Fatt,

Are you serious, bro ? Is my mistake about "many" instead "much" is so important for you according to the things in this topic? I am speaking english more than 20 years. Please receive my apologize for this huge mistake! I hope you will sleep better this night after the note.

Yes, english is not my mother's language and I wanted to write another thing, but then I decided do not write so long letter once again here and I just forgot to change "many" with "much" in the finishing/deleting some of the letters in my sentence and it is because I really felt bored myself about reading non-acceptable things for Lin's skills and so on..., so you are right and thanks for the correction.
About the "coach" - sorry, but according to the topic he posted and explained things there - this man is not any table-tennis coach.
And probably if he is smart boy he will never use the title Coach for himself, but I doubt.
I know much more experienced players than him who are "Spare-Partners", but not and Coaches.
Too pity if you think 1600 USATT rated hobby player can be a Coach.

Thanks!

Edited by kolevtt - 09/07/2013 at 4:24pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 4:23pm
Shocked I just meant to help in a constructive way.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 4:42pm
I never seen people that mad before over the internet, I can almost feel his spit across the world. Was my antics that bad? 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 5:03pm

I never seen people that mad before over the internet, I can almost feel his spit across the world. Was my antics that bad? 
were...; "were my antics that bad?" LOL

enjoy this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 6:39pm

Fatt,

Are you serious, bro ? Is my mistake about "many" instead "much" is so important for you according to the things in this topic? I am speaking english more than 20 years. Please receive my apologize for this huge mistake! I hope you will sleep better this night after the note.

Yes, english is not my mother's language and I wanted to write another thing, but then I decided do not write so long letter once again here and I just forgot to change "many" with "much" in the finishing/deleting some of the letters in my sentence and it is because I really felt bored myself about reading non-acceptable things for Lin's skills and so on..., so you are right and thanks for the correction.
About the "coach" - sorry, but according to the topic he posted and explained things there - this man is not any table-tennis coach.
And probably if he is smart boy he will never use the title Coach for himself, but I doubt.
I know much more experienced players than him who are "Spare-Partners", but not and Coaches.

Thanks!

What did he do wrong?
He turned up early.
He made good suggestions.
The 1600/1700 rated pupil was satisfied.
I have been coaching for a long time. If I could do the above every time, I would be pleased

inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 12:02am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

were...; "were my antics that bad?" LOL

enjoy this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM

After the quick reply, I was haunted; I knew I made a grammar mistake and it should be "were". Luckily you were the one who picked it up first instead of the trolls. lol.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

Fatt,

Thanks!

What did he do wrong?
He turned up early.
He made good suggestions.
The 1600/1700 rated pupil was satisfied.
I have been coaching for a long time. If I could do the above every time, I would be pleased

Well, few weeks ago when I was a little high I claim to be #1 in usa thus making a lot of enemies LOL. It's like the film hangover, after I realize what I've done, trolls pile up in every thread about me LOL. 
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Lol you guys act like I slandered the hell out of nathanso or what I said was some huge crime. I simply stated the obvious and it's very possible. OK so I wasn't aware that nathanso has done some equipment reviews in the past, does that exempt the possibility that he's friends with keith and just wanted to get in on the joke a bit? Not at all. Plus, if nathanso's review was 100% legit, why would Keith later feel the need to create another fake account to bolster his credibility after getting vouched for? Let's use some common sense here guys. 

Let's up the ante. I'll have my friend in the area right now visit the club at the date and time you claim to be having the lesson. If he verifies that it's going on, I'll give the formal apology that people requested. I'll be waiting for the PM.

Your formal apology please? I was there as well as nathanso. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 12:26am
To fatt:

If minimum competency of English writing is required to post, a good 90% of posters here won't be able to pass.

However, there are posters here whose mothers' tongues are not even English, but showed a high degree of English writing proficiency.

Btw a poster here claimed to have spoken English for a good 20 years, I don't think 40 years will help him any.  Also, I did see a guy who said that hunkeelin's English was very good - that guy sure didn't know what he was talking about.

That's the way it is.  Just keep one of your eyes closed, please.
skip3119
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 1:20am
I was all a joke; my message was that it is easy to go after somebody with the will to do so. As the (quite abusive) saying goes, when you want to beat up a dog you always find a stick.
As long as  people's idea is communicated I do not care about their English proficiency; really.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 1:28am
Actually it is very peaceful these days.  Dogs are resting undisturbed.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

To fatt:

If minimum competency of English writing is required to post, a good 90% of posters here won't be able to pass.

However, there are posters here whose mothers' tongues are not even English, but showed a high degree of English writing proficiency.

Btw a poster here claimed to have spoken English for a good 20 years, I don't think 40 years will help him any.  Also, I did see a guy who said that hunkeelin's English was very good - that guy sure didn't know what he was talking about.

That's the way it is.  Just keep one of your eyes closed, please.

I am agree with the post of skip3119 about the english, nobody is perfect, but I wasn't pretty clear in my post. I am using English 20 years, but not in English native speaking community. There is a big difference. Bulgarian and English are too far each other, but I admire all of the posters here that are trying to give us different kind of information.
When I was in Australia, I hardly understood what the people are saying. In England too. Most of my friends who leave BG and they are working in English speaking country told me one or two years later : I though I know English LOL
So - fatt... May be not only one of your eyes you must keep closed. Sometimes you may close both your eyes and airs too LOL
Thanks and good luck to the "coach" Lin.
I will be glad to see one day some video of this great skilled "coach".
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 3:47am
Deleted. Realizing I am only feeding the trolls. No words from Idk yet, as I am proven to be a "real" person he owe an apology. 

*edit: The court was so loud that I was yelling to nathanso ear to ear, I was amazed your scout can even hear my words. Nice try. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 09/09/2013 at 3:50am
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 3:58am
Keith

I don't think these people can be labelled trolls, they just don't like you.

And there are 2 things you can do.
1) get them to like you
2) don't get them to like you

again, your call
Or, you can make world war 3 with these people and see who wins.

btw, since you already acknowledge the "bad reuptation" history that you have create, I highly suggest you not to do the same things again. In business terms, we call that Business Insanity.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 4:04am
LOL *grabs popcorn and watches*
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 4:25am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Coach,
I'm good in making pop corns,
wanna join me?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 6:22am

Yeah, but there is no any video of the great skilled "coach" Lin available yet LOL
So many forum members are waiting for this epic coaching video with the future many times champion of USA!!!
Clap
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 6:49am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Coach,
wanna join me?

tony, can you put cheese on it? hehehe LOL
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 6:53am

Coach,
wanna join me?

tony, can you put cheese on it? hehehe LOL

Yeah, I got these pop corn shakers!!
I like the Butter Salt one too LOL
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 12:20pm

Coach,
wanna join me?

I'm pretty sure I am in the scene while you are watching, you can leave some for me after the scene. LOL. 

Still waiting for idk's apology, even his trolls friends confirmed my existence. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 09/09/2013 at 12:39pm
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2013 at 12:55pm
I think you need to let this go and move on, just my opinion.
Shifter
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2013 at 1:18pm
k. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2013 at 1:37pm

k. 
=========================

Oops, hunkeelin, you didn't let it go, and keep this thread alive.

For all the new coaches came to that area, you have received the most publicity.
You are well known now, over there.  Hope your business is great, as that area is one of the TT hot spots.

Plenty of TT cold spots in lots of places here in the US, and still have coaches competing in a market where there is no demand.

Edited by skip3119 - 09/16/2013 at 3:17pm
skip3119
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2013 at 8:47pm
Could be an ingenius marketing strategy...any publicity is good publicity. Now everyone on mytt knows who he is.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic