Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Pips FH haifu dolphin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Pips FH haifu dolphin
    Posted: 03/08/2019 at 8:28am
Hi SP users!

I trying to get a hand on a sheet of haifu dolphin without sucees at this time. It seems to be "out of stock" in the shops I'm used to deal with. 
Will this brillant rubber be interrupted? Where from do you get yours?
Or what woulb be a suitable replacement for forehand?

Thanks by the way!

Edited by elgaro - 03/14/2019 at 9:26am
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 2:11pm
I found Andro Blowfish is a better alternative.
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 5:36pm
Actsully I might give a go to victas v102.
good choice?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I found Andro Blowfish is a better alternative.

Dolphin has a lower arc than blowfish. Many juniors at high level play with dolphin.try japsko
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 12:44pm
Out of order at japsko's!! I've found it at 40$ which is quite expensive for a chinese rubber IMHO.
What would be a cheaper alternative, this for hitting and spinning on FH, on a 7ply blade Avalox P700(like a stiga clipper).
Spinpips? V101? Blowfish? 802-40 mystery?

hardbatpower View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardbatpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 10:37pm
I had the same problem recently. I use just the top sheet so I don't care if I get the tuned version or not. I bought it on dhgate.com for $28.
Der Material Spezialist Revolution, Haifu Dolphin OX + Curl P3alphaR
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 2:53am
that's for the tips!
if someone knows where to buy the purple sponge separately ...
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 3:41am
Originally posted by hardbatpower hardbatpower wrote:

I had the same problem recently. I use just the top sheet so I don't care if I get the tuned version or not. I bought it on dhgate.com for $28.

How is the quality?
hardbatpower View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardbatpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 7:57am
Quality is what it is. Haifu has never been pretty. But it's good enough that I bought more and will buy more. 
Der Material Spezialist Revolution, Haifu Dolphin OX + Curl P3alphaR
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by hardbatpower hardbatpower wrote:

Quality is what it is. Haifu has never been pretty. But it's good enough that I bought more and will buy more. 

Some shops sell good sheets some dont
Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 2:09am
Originally posted by elgaro elgaro wrote:

Hi SP users!

I trying to get a hand on a sheet of haifu dolphin without sucees at this time. It seems to be "out of stock" in the shops I'm used to deal with. 

Thanks by the way!
I am familiar with Dolphin as I tested more than 5 versions before ( red, yellow, orange, purple sponge). also, there are 4 types of top sheet before. actually, there is no replacement. Dolphin is quite unique which is a balanced and all round SP with control, spin, sink.

if u can go to Taoboo, it is easy to buy. now it is standardized of using purple ( pink) sponge.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Johnny1996 Johnny1996 wrote:

Originally posted by elgaro elgaro wrote:

Hi SP users!

Thanks by the way!
I am familiar with Dolphin as I tested more than 5 versions before ( red, yellow, orange, purple sponge). also, there are 4 types of top sheet before. actually, there is no replacement. Dolphin is quite unique which is a balanced and all round SP with control, spin, sink.

if u can go to Taoboo, it is easy to buy. now it is standardized of using purple ( pink) sponge.

I bought in ttnpp and amazon and got flawed versions . Who sells good dolphin sheets?
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 10:42pm
Hi Johnny,

Is there a significant difference in the sponges? The last 2 I got were yellow.

Thanks,
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 3:29am
used this rubber for like ten years. The quality has gone so bas and now i think they are not doing it anymore. My rubber last like 3 weeks, after that i am not allowed to play with it. To expensive for that. Also talked with Japsko that Said they think they are not doing them anymore and looking for alternative. 

I recommend you to look for alternatives too. At the moment i try 802 40 with white sponge without booster. Works well. Maybe you can boost it yourself. Japsko have two good alternative too, a boosted 802 40 and one the same But with degu topsheet. I Tried spinpips blue But it was not close to the same feeling and hit as dolphin. 

Frustrating to need to change when you Do not want too. Good luck. 
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 6:31am
Elgaro
You can buy haifu dolphin here:

Edited by igorigor - 03/21/2019 at 7:32am
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

used this rubber for like ten years. The quality has gone so bas and now i think they are not doing it anymore. My rubber last like 3 weeks, after that i am not allowed to play with it. To expensive for that. Also talked with Japsko that Said they think they are not doing them anymore and looking for alternative. 

I recommend you to look for alternatives too. At the moment i try 802 40 with white sponge without booster. Works well. Maybe you can boost it yourself. Japsko have two good alternative too, a boosted 802 40 and one the same But with degu topsheet. I Tried spinpips blue But it was not close to the same feeling and hit as dolphin. 

Frustrating to need to change when you Do not want too. Good luck. 

802 40 is very diffrent from dolphin 
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 12:06am
i Tried spinpips blue. That was very different. A boosted 802 40 i would say is one of the closest to dolphin. Alot of the other pimple rubbers are way to soft. Do you have a good alternative? I only Tried four rubbers yet, and i like the feeling of 802 40 best. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 1:10am

i Tried spinpips blue. That was very different. A boosted 802 40 i would say is one of the closest to dolphin. Alot of the other pimple rubbers are way to soft. Do you have a good alternative? I only Tried four rubbers yet, and i like the feeling of 802 40 best. 

From what I know dolphin  has a lower arc than 802 40. Try booster sa  i like it
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 3:22am
okay. I am still interested in What rubber you think comes closer to being like dolphin? Like i Said i need to change. Tried 802 40 and it feels pretty similar in my opinion. I feel that i can even use it without booster, that i felt Did not work with dolphin. 

Edit: i thought you Said that i should use booster, But you mention a rubber? Is this soft compared to dolphin? Feel that all rubbers are very soft

Edited by Lula - 03/22/2019 at 3:25am
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 11:01pm

okay. I am still interested in What rubber you think comes closer to being like dolphin? Like i Said i need to change. Tried 802 40 and it feels pretty similar in my opinion. I feel that i can even use it without booster, that i felt Did not work with dolphin. 

Edit: i thought you Said that i should use booster, But you mention a rubber? Is this soft compared to dolphin? Feel that all rubbers are very soft

The sponge is midhard and the pips feel stiff the rubber is called mizuno booster SA  less spinny version of moristo I know why it sells a lot in japan
speedypo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2019 at 11:32pm
someone tried friendship 802-40 with  42° sponge or 40°?
blade:galaxy 2024
FH:bty flarestorm 2,5mm
BH:bty speedy p.o. 2,1mm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 3:34pm

Booster SA is the only spinny rubber I know that has a strange mix of sink spin and control. Have you tried dolphin topsheet with another sponge?
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 1:16am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Booster SA is the only spinny rubber I know that has a strange mix of sink spin and control. Have you tried dolphin topsheet with another sponge?

Can you compare the Booster SA to any other ESN spin oriented pips with a similar sponge hardness, Andro Hexer Pips Force and Yasaka Rakza PO and Nittaku Moristo SP AX look to have similar shape pips with horizontal alignment (or the option with the Hexer) and a similar sponge hardness.

Thanks!
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 12:44pm

Sa is  slower but not too far when you hit hard the ball sinks I think it has taller but wide pips.more spin than yasaka not so flat..hexer pips are too boosted from factory 1.7mm is more bouncy than yasaka 2mm
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 1:35pm
Thanks, that's useful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic