FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

¿SLOw rUBBA == BAd tEKNIQ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ¿SLOw rUBBA == BAd tEKNIQ?
    Posted: 06/24/2019 at 4:29pm
since I switched to slow blade and chinese rubbers I find sometimes I need to put a lot of strength forwards on bh strokes.
I didn't have to do this when using faster equipment.
does this mean that slow rubbers are actually hurting my technique?

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/24/2019 at 4:36pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 5:55pm
Nope.

It just means you have to adapt to the new equipment.

It could be argued that it is the fast equipment that is detrimental to the development of good technique.
Now you have to do a full stroke, and engage the whole body on your strokes, which allows for better control. With fast equipment I find that you truncate your strokes in order to stop missing the table.

I'm sure others have different opinions. Also, not all chinese equipment is the same quality. So don't just shove all chinese equipment in the same bag!

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 06/24/2019 at 9:28pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 7:44pm
It could do wonders to your game by forcing you to engage more of the body. 

-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 8:11pm
so according to you it's not possible that rubbers hurt your technique due to being too slow?
now I'm not talking about a guy who started playing 6 months ago.
I'm talking about a guy with rating 2564 US.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 9:24pm
Kind of a loaded question. Better one might be, is it making me CHANGE my technique? 

Does that mean hurt? Or just different? 
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 9:45pm
If your rating is 2564 what the hell are you doing on mytt talking to us?  Shouldn't you be training for a tournament or something?
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 9:50pm
Lol, seriously, at 2500+ why the hell are you even going back to a slower equipment? Anyone with that rating has played long enough that it makes zero sense to go back at this time. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2019 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

If your rating is 2564 what the hell are you doing on mytt talking to us?  Shouldn't you be training for a tournament or something?

Writing like a teen? 

Edited by mykonos96 - 06/24/2019 at 10:02pm
SignatureDish81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SignatureDish81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 9:52am
If you look by rating on usatt.simplycompete.com, there are no players listed with a rating of 2564, AT ALL. I’d disregard all future posts from this person.
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 10:06am
Just based on his writing, he seemed like some teenager faking his identity anyway. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by SignatureDish81 SignatureDish81 wrote:

If you look by rating on usatt.simplycompete.com, there are no players listed with a rating of 2564, AT ALL. I’d disregard all future posts from this person.

I just put that as a hypothetical rating bro.
I don't live in US.
But I can hold my paddle.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/25/2019 at 11:27am
notfound123 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 12:30pm
FYI..At 2500+ you are likely on a national team in your country or at least train with them. Just ask your teammates LOL
VKMO | V>15 Extra | Curl P4
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Just based on his writing, he seemed like some teenager faking his identity anyway. 

Since pingpunhpeng posted a cartoon mocking about LJK I see that he has a lot of free time to post and tries to make many post of anyyhing...doubt he s beyond.1800
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Since pingpunhpeng posted a cartoon mocking about LJK I see that he has a lot of free time to post and tries to make many post of anyyhing...doubt he s beyond.1800

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never posted no cartoon about ljk.
show your evidence!!!!!
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never posted no cartoon about ljk.
show your evidence!!!!!

My bad .a video of a dancing chicken
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 3:09pm
you deny he looks like a dancing chicken when he raises his arms?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 8:46pm

Thats why you re not a serious poster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 10:00pm

sometimes I post serious things, sometimes funny things.
it's a table tennis forum, it's not the worldwide council of nuclear weapons.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2019 at 1:06am

Neither cartoon network
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2019 at 9:46am

Neither cartoon network

yeah that's why I corrected you mercilessly when you said I put a cartoon of ljk.
1dennistt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2019 at 4:27pm
Wow, this got off track quickly.  So what were you using before?  Give us some idea of how big a change it is, and were you planning on boosting the Chinese rubber to get a little more performance out of it?
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Victas V>15 Stiff (Black) Max, Spinlord Keiler (Red) 1.5 mm,
Wt. 167 gm total weight
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Wow, this got off track quickly.  So what were you using before?  Give us some idea of how big a change it is, and were you planning on boosting the Chinese rubber to get a little more performance out of it?

went from 
-tibhar chila with joola rhyzer 48 max+ both sides
or
-tibhar chila with butterfly tenergy 05 both sides

to

-tibhar lebesson with dhs h3 (fh) and sanwei target (bh)

the idea is that since I'm not yet a pro my points never are so long so I never really use far from the table power.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2019 at 1:05am
<Ignoring all the arguing about who is posting serious stuff and who is posting silly stuff, since I find that kind of arguing a waste of time...> I will post my thoughts on switching to slower equipment.

For anyone who categorically claims that playing with faster equipment is bad or that slower equipment is good, you're really missing the point. 

Generally, faster equipment requires more skill to control, but that only means that the equipment you choose should be appropriate to your level and playing style.  If you're a beginner, then slower equipment is a smarter choice because you'll learn to control the equipment and rely on technique.  

On  the other hand, I've seen stronger players try switching to slower equipment because they want to "refresh" their technique.  In that case, they lose power compared to what they're used to.  In that case, those players tend to over hit (try too hard) to recreate the power they're used to.  So then playing with slower equipment hurts their play.

So if you play  with equipment too fast for your skill level, then it hurts your play because you can't control the equipment and because the equipment can become a crutch.  If you play with equipment to slow for your skill level, then it temps you to try too hard to generate power.  It will also hurt your technique and possibly lead to injuries. At the least, trying too hard will cause you to make too many mistakes.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

<Ignoring all the arguing about who is posting serious stuff and who is posting silly stuff, since I find that kind of arguing a waste of time...> I will post my thoughts on switching to slower equipment.

For anyone who categorically claims that playing with faster equipment is bad or that slower equipment is good, you're really missing the point. 

Generally, faster equipment requires more skill to control, but that only means that the equipment you choose should be appropriate to your level and playing style.  If you're a beginner, then slower equipment is a smarter choice because you'll learn to control the equipment and rely on technique.  

On  the other hand, I've seen stronger players try switching to slower equipment because they want to "refresh" their technique.  In that case, they lose power compared to what they're used to.  In that case, those players tend to over hit (try too hard) to recreate the power they're used to.  So then playing with slower equipment hurts their play.

So if you play  with equipment too fast for your skill level, then it hurts your play because you can't control the equipment and because the equipment can become a crutch.  If you play with equipment to slow for your skill level, then it temps you to try too hard to generate power.  It will also hurt your technique and possibly lead to injuries. At the least, trying too hard will cause you to make too many mistakes.

slower equipment only makes the first part easier.
that is... serves, pushes, anything that is really close to the table.
once you start to move from the table, the faster setup makes it easier to play.

so I guess it depends on how long the points you play are.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2019 at 3:34pm
That's why players usually use Chinese rubber on FH and tensor on BH and not vice versa. Your FH is much more powerful than your BH and Chinese rubbers are more linear so they need  more power to engage, but if you are on full power, the ball flies full power. Tensor rubbers are not linear and you need less power to achieve good speeds and that's why you put them on BH.

I have this type of setup. Rather slow blade (Stiga OFF), H3Neo on FH and tensor Bluefire on BH. If I flip my my sides to use H3Neo on my BH I immediately feel the extra power I need to get the same speed.

TO answer the question, I don't think that it should heart your technique (but off course it depends on how "mature" your technique is).  You just have to adapt to the new equipment and the strength you need to generate to make a good ball.

Edited by Simas - 06/29/2019 at 3:35pm
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic