Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Status of US Closed 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Status of US Closed 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HiddenName View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiddenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Status of US Closed 2020
    Posted: 07/20/2020 at 3:17pm
What is the status of US Nationals 2020 and many other major events in USA & Worldwide ?

I checked this forum & USATT website & cannot find any concrete information 

What about US Open Teams 2020 at National Harbor ?

There were many competing teams events for teams on same weekend,. I think one was by Dan Seemiller. There was another one in California 

Why would  they hold a big event like Teams up North in the winter cold ?
Should it not be somewhere like Oklahoma City or Dallas in the middle of the country where everyone can come ?  Or maybe Dan Seemiller should revert the event to Detroit where more Canadians can come also (I am sure you have correctly guessed that I am Canadian living in USA).

Maybe you should hold it in North Dakota (in the middle of USA & Canada) , a state that probably has no national landmarks or no yearly events & they would love to have something like this ?  Even South Dakota has Mount Rushmore & annual Sturgis

What is the biggest & most popular Open event in Canada for example ? 

Or what is the biggest Open event in Mexico ? 
Sponsored Links

tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2020 at 4:15pm
Midwest=Tornadoes and Flooding. Pass. 
HiddenName View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiddenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by tabl10s tabl10s wrote:

Midwest=Tornadoes and Flooding. Pass. 

REALLY ?  Outdoor table-tennis ?

They used to have a tournament in NY City couple of years ago 
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2020 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by HiddenName HiddenName wrote:

What is the status of US Nationals 2020 and many other major events in USA & Worldwide ?

There were many competing teams events for teams on same weekend,. I think one was by Dan Seemiller. There was another one in California 

Should it not be somewhere like Oklahoma City or Dallas in the middle of the country where everyone can come ?  Or maybe Dan Seemiller should revert the event to Detroit where more Canadians can come also (I am sure you have correctly guessed that I am Canadian living in USA).

Maybe you should hold it in North Dakota (in the middle of USA & Canada) , a state that probably has no national landmarks or no yearly events & they would love to have something like this ?  Even South Dakota has Mount Rushmore & annual Sturgis

usatt announced in one of their pong positive interviews that they were planning on having the US Nationals in Las Vegas in December. I don’t remember which interview it was though.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Originally posted by HiddenName HiddenName wrote:

usatt announced in one of their pong positive interviews that they were planning on having the US Nationals in Las Vegas in December. I don’t remember which interview it was though.

I heard something about a joint Open/Nationals event but not sure about the details or if that is for sure.
W7 baby
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 11:55am
I received confirmation that Usatt is moving forward with their plan to hosts the US Nationals (as well as a Veterans 40+ Tournament) at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center December 14-19.
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 12:02pm
Where was this confirmation? 
THE SPIN IS REAL
Timo Boll ALC|T05 Hard|D05
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Shiro Shiro wrote:

Where was this confirmation? 
In email correspondence with one of the directors of usatt.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Derak Derak wrote:

I received confirmation that Usatt is moving forward with their plan to hosts the US Nationals (as well as a Veterans 40+ Tournament) at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center December 14-19.

What do you mean Veterans 40+ ? How is it any different ?  Don't they have a lot of 40+ events anyway in Nationals (& US opens) ? 

Unless you meant an Open (to all) 40+ that is also international. Then you might as well have held a combined US open & Nationals that does not discriminate against  40- players

Or it is just a new naming gimmick ?
The 40+ Veteran’s tournament will be set up
Similar to the World Veterans tournament structure and will be December 14-16. The Nationals events will start in the afternoon on the 16th. They will be two completely separate tournaments. 
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 5:55pm
It looks like the old people get the first 2 1/2 days and the younger ones get the 2nd 2 1/2 days.  Probably (just a guess) won't be any rating events in the tournament.

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

It looks like the old people get the first 2 1/2 days and the younger ones get the 2nd 2 1/2 days.  Probably (just a guess) won't be any rating events in the tournament.

My guess is the odds of either event happening is less than 50%.
sunila View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2020 at 10:06pm

Similar to the World Veterans tournament structure and will be December 14-16. The Nationals events will start in the afternoon on the 16th. They will be two completely separate tournaments. 

So is the veterans 40+ tournament open to anyone over 40 WORLDWIDE (not restricted to just US Citizens) ?

I think this is a good idea.  

*  I plan to win both 40+ as well as US Nationals but was just curious on behalf of others who will lose to me *     
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by sunila sunila wrote:

So is the veterans 40+ tournament open to anyone over 40 WORLDWIDE (not restricted to just US Citizens) ?

I think this is a good idea.  

*  I plan to win both 40+ as well as US Nationals but was just curious on behalf of others who will lose to me *     
The Veterans 40+ will be a "open" event to anyone.  Its nice you are worried about the people losing to you. At least let them win a game during the match so they aren't to depressed. LOL. On a serious note make sure your plane ticket and room charge are fully refundable. 
sunila View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2020 at 11:02pm

The Veterans 40+ will be a "open" event to anyone.  Its nice you are worried about the people losing to you. At least let them win a game during the match so they aren't to depressed. LOL. On a serious note make sure your plane ticket and room charge are fully refundable. 

I am not "worried" about "other" people "losing". I am worried about other people not having information as early as possible, so more people can come to lose to me.

Then you say buy refundable ticket and room. What do you mean ?   USATT might cancel ?

It does not effect me that much as we will drive from Los Angeles.  As long as I get my entry fee refunded or carried over for my next year's entry when I will win. Now don't tell me I won't get any prize money.

On a related note , if I am not mistaken, I don't think WVC gives out any prize money.....that is one great racket (bordering scam) .  The organizers of WVC should be making lot of money as they charge a lot and they even have huge waiting lists like was this year's postponed  event at France.

I can't make a living like that just playing table tennis. Have to take up a second job  
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 12:23am
Originally posted by sunila sunila wrote:

I am not "worried" about "other" people "losing". I am worried about other people not having information as early as possible, so more people can come to lose to me.

Then you say buy refundable ticket and room. What do you mean ?   USATT might cancel ?

It does not effect me that much as we will drive from Los Angeles.  As long as I get my entry fee refunded or carried over for my next year's entry when I will win. Now don't tell me I won't get any prize money.

On a related note , if I am not mistaken, I don't think WVC gives out any prize money.....that is one great racket (bordering scam) .  The organizers of WVC should be making lot of money as they charge a lot and they even have huge waiting lists like was this year's postponed  event at France.

I can't make a living like that just playing table tennis. Have to take up a second job  
I say get refundable tickets because I say the odds of the tournaments happening are less than 50% right now.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2020 at 10:10am
Vince64:

I think you are right, both events may be cancelled.
(Re-worded based on Vince64's recommendation.)

Edited by skip3119 - 08/10/2020 at 3:47pm
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Vince64:

I think you are right, both events are cancelled.
Skip, you might want to reword your response so that anyone reading it knows that you are predicting the tournaments will be ultimately cancelled. Some may read it and think the tournaments have been cancelled already.

Edited by Vince64 - 08/10/2020 at 1:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic