Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Maplewood VII vs V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Maplewood VII vs V
    Posted: 09/11/2011 at 2:06am
want to ask opinions :

- which one is better?

- what is combination of wood type for this blade?

- where can i buy it combo with special price?

tq for your respond.
Now i use DHS Hking 655 but i miss my the moments i use dr neubaeur firewall plus.
Sponsored Links

nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2011 at 9:50pm
bump...

i got this info from one of my contact... maplewood if one piece of wood is heavy n vibrate a lot.. but that day the stiga maplewood blade that i test (bounce a ball with it) quite light, have a good feel and has high throw.

seems like not many people using this blade yet?
Now i use DHS Hking 655 but i miss my the moments i use dr neubaeur firewall plus.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 8:34am
supposedly the maplewood 7 is a very good blade but with one draw back, weight which is 95-100 gms range and vibration that hurts your hand when doing flicks
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 9:13pm
this is the 2nd time i heard that maplewood vibrate a lot... emm..
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2012 at 4:14pm
Yesterday, we've got MW5 which is only 82 g. With T05 it is slower than EH5, with Mars 2, an absolutely forgiving blade even for me, the technically impaired...

Heavily varnished by Stiga, upper layer is like a mirror, you have either to fine sand it, or some more rough varnish.

I'd like also to congratulate the guys from Presports for their superfast Fedex delivery.

Edited by Imago - 01/14/2012 at 4:14pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2012 at 7:13pm
stiga has furnished me another maplewood 7 with a lighter weight and also a maplewood 5, i will be having a comparison this week
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2012 at 7:40pm
i have used the mapplewood v quite often lately.

mine was quite heavy. and the quality was very good.

it is not always good light stiga hardwood blades. it is good about light weight but a lot of times quality or power is worse. particularly ebenholz v series. last series are light but the outer is worse and at the end the blade is worse.

there are no miracles. less weight usually brings something.

i would not recommend to go under 85 gr. in anycase. this is going to mean weak blade sometimes.

about the mw v is a very good blade with a lot of control feeling. the only thing i do not like so much is some lack of directional precision about the ash outer.

the mw v has better control and touch in short game than eb or rw but lacks some crispness as the rw v has.

in my blade to get 1-1,5 mm out of the head was really an improvment. this also reduces vibration. the blade keeps on being flexible and vibrating enough with better balance and behaviour. 

in anycase the mw v is a good blade with very good control feeling.

Edited by ejmaster - 01/15/2012 at 9:10am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by nashron nashron wrote:

this is the 2nd time i heard that maplewood vibrate a lot... emm..

The added vibration mostly comes from a bigger head size.  The Maplewood series has the same head size as those of OC and Clipper, which is larger than those of Ebenholz and Rosewood series.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 11:25am
i have the mw 7 and i dont have a great technique and i can place the ball just fine
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 11:49am
to place the ball fine depends a lot on the playing level of your opponent.

to a weak player it can be fine and to a good level player maybe it is not.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 5:33pm
i never though of that but you are totally right
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Sofaires Sofaires wrote:

i never though of that but you are totally right

Sofaires let me tell you i am totally impressed by your post.

a gentleman saying 'you are totally right' without any kind of problem.

this is personality, charisma and culture. hats off.

i have to learn from you.

this is the real King. 

Edited by ejmaster - 01/15/2012 at 6:54pm
EJ Club.

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 10:51pm
hehe thanks for your words, i know a few things about table tennis cause i watch a lot of games and i try to copy what i just saw so in other words i know what to do but i dont know why it works that way if that makes sense and what you said is completly right, i come from a pre made paddle and i made this huge jump in quality of equipment and found that i can place the ball better compared to my last paddle but if i try another blade i probably will say that my mw 7 is horrible in control. 

im happy that i found this website cause everyone seem very helpful and aren't afraid to share their experiences, i love tt and i hope that in the future i will be giving tips to others and a good start to start learning is to know that there is a lot of players out there that know more me and i have to listing thaks again!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 4:14am
sofaires, if you knwo how to do backhand flicks properly, have you ever had the experience of having vibrations when flicking the ball? thats what i hate about. im gonna try my maplewood 7 and 5 tomorrow when they arrive since stiga sent me 2 blades and 2 magna tx to test.. this will be my 2nd time testing the mp 7 but 1st time of the mp 5

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 6:48pm
it does vibrate but i dont think its that much at least in my opinion, let me know what you think when you try it
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 12:31am
...let me know .
+1
Me too . Thumbs Up

Edited by igszoctan - 01/17/2012 at 12:32am
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 6:55am
@yogi bear

sir if its not much of inconvenience maybe you can do a side by side comparison with rosewood V and ebenholz V, ive been wanting to get 1 of these hardwood blade series of stiga but im not sure what to get
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 9:59am
i read somewhere that out of all the hardwood series the maplewood its not the hardest and its the one with less dwell time not sure if its true
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 10:13am
i will tomorrow be posting the reviews and comparison

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Sofaires Sofaires wrote:

i read somewhere that out of all the hardwood series the maplewood its not the hardest and its the one with less dwell time not sure if its true

how is your set up? i see you use maple wood
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2012 at 11:24pm
its quite fast and takes time to get used to the speed of the blade and since i have the calibra lt plus makes it even faster but the draw back its that its harder to make spinny serves but not impossible, i like it and i will love it once i feel more comfortable with it
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 9:47am

fortunately i own both the maple wood 5 and 7!

Maplewood 7 Legend flared:

Weight: 87 grams
Plies: 7 (dont know the wood plies)
Thickness: 6mm
Size: its 1mm longer than other stiga hardwood series blades

Weight: 85 grams
Thickness: 6mm
Plies: 5 (dunno the wood plies)
Size: same size as maplewood 5 

The MP7 that I have now is considered light and its only 87 grams. if you can see the sides of the blade rather have the chance to check the blade out you can see that the plies are not that obvious to be a 7 ply blade because of the thin plies on the outer layers. Some people are correct to say that the MP7 is a reinforced version of the MP5 (not the navy submachine gun). 
Anyway, i tested both and both the MP7 and MP5 are the slowest among its brothers in the stiga hardwood series, 7 ply & 5 ply respectively. Its also good to know that among the hardwood series both the maplewoods have the least amount of vibration. I can only see that the only difference bet the 5 and 7 blades is that the 7 is faster and has more solid shots built for mainly attacking. The mp5 does its best as the better looping blade among the 5ply hardwood blades. its still fast Its stiffer than a p500 and almost as fast as the mazunov minus the weight. its flexible with good control.  The Mp7 is the slowest among its 7 ply brothers in the hardwood series. This is a controlled version of a 7 ply blade that is a little faster than the regular clipper cr wood. Loopers would find the MP7 still good for fast loops with less vibrations. I never had any problems on the short game for both blades and the touch is maintained on the 2 blades especially on the 5.

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 9:58am
what did you think of the surface of the blade do you think it need sealing to avoid peeling off the wood when it comes to remove the rubber?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 10:08am
it doesnt need sealing. IMO, the sealing in the hardwood series are good enough as protection though i think the maplewood blades have a more slippery surface compared to the other 2. i dont know if its just on my blades. the past mp7 i owned had a very slippery surface but gluing wasnt a problem

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 10:17am
i see, thanks for the fast reply!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic