FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Sword Blue Feather a Viscaria Clone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sword Blue Feather a Viscaria Clone?
    Posted: 08/02/2013 at 11:59am
2 months back, I visited Beijing and got myself the latest Sword BLue Feather (BF) and some new rubbers...

Havn't got a chance to play it till recently. The setup for BF was FH (Maze Green) and BH (Maze BLue). 

To my surprise, it play exactly like the Yinhe Viscaria Clone (YVC), which I have been using for the last 4 months. My YVC setup was FH (Maze Red) and BH (Maze Blue). The switch to BF was a breeze...

So I decided to put the Viscaria nd BF side by side.... And I realised that they are almost exact identical in thickness and composite. BF uses Julong Carbon, slightly different compare to arylate carbon. Visually, the BF fibers look whitish where as the Viscaria fiber look bluish. YVC fiber look thicker.

In term of blade face shape, BF is slighly more oval compare to Viscaria. 

The scale on the koto wood is very obvious on both Viscaria and YVC. No obvious scale notice on the BF. 

The specification is as follow: 
5W + 2 JLC
Thickness is ard 5.5mm

I think the Composite is Koto + JLC + Ayous + Ayous + Ayous + JLC + Koto, according to some china forum review.

Will try to provide some review on the rubbers later.

Meanwhile, enjoy the photos...

BF on top, YVC in centre, and Viscaria bottom. (Viscaria is lightly sealed on face and side)

My 2 setup:

BF

YVC
<

For the rubbers, the Maze Blue, Red and Green varies interm of tackiness and speed... Enjoy the photos... (looks like the Stiga TOur series rubber... lol)

Edited by Antiq - 09/20/2013 at 9:56am
I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
Sponsored Links

garrotinho View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrotinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 10:57am
Hi Antiq.
Do you know where i can buy that Sword Blue feather blade?

Im looking on internet but i havnt found any store that sell the item.

Donic Ovtcharov Senso V1
FH: Haifu Shark 2 Upgrade (Soft, max)
BH: Haifu Shark 2 (37º, max)
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 11:19am
You can't find it yet because they just launch this product in May 2013, and I was there as a invited guest : ) I'm helping them to market thru online forum.

Likely available in the China market later of the year ... and the rest of the world a few years later... because Sword is weak in marketing them aboard. 

For those interested, I'll post a sale thread later. 

Enjoy the photos...

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 12:12pm
If you're taking names, put me down for one.

Any ideas on price yet?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 10:49am
The retail price is 588RMB.... which is about $96 :(

machmach_3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machmach_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 11:41am
Too much better get a real viscaria with this price
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 11:49am
Far to much money for a Chinese made blade
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 12:32pm
Usually the retail price is higher. See FS thread if you are interested... $80 shipped w tracking.

The specification is as follow: 

5W + 2 JLC
Thickness is ard 5.5mm

I think the Composite is Koto + JLC + Ayous + Ayous + Ayous + JLC + Koto, according to some china forum review.

AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 4:23am
Sort of funny that the clone market's taken off so much that they now cost in ballpark of "original"; at least butterfly has a pricey PR office.

Whether a few plies of cheapy wood and few cents of fiber weave costs $100 to press together is up to readers' imagination.

pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 5:52am
Poor AgentHex has a lot of equipment hangups...don't drag anyone else into your limbo bruh.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 5:56am
It's the same in just about every hobby. Clueless nubs played by marketeers because it's their profession. Therefore by definition some will be naive where the money for their salary comes from. That's how the world works, bruh.

For example, consider how Galaxy's market works compared to Butterfly. Generally pretty good value means less profit margin, that's why they make like 1000 different models so they make money back from volume. Like android vs. iphone.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:00am
it's their money, it's your pain...don't let em share your pain.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:10am
No, you don't understand what's going on at all. I very much enjoy analysis of "equipment" in addition to all aspects of the hobby/sport. It's just that what exists is so completely worthless because it's all based on lies. It's one of the ironies of life that those who seek to protect the deception are the targets.

My vested interested in this is that maybe one day I can see some TT material related to blades or whatever that's not so shit. I don't really care if you do or not, but it's probably in your interest, too.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:13am
so you're the equipment police now, spreading the truth according to your book? lay off the meth bruh.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:15am
I'm just telling it how it is. You seem to be quite upset about how the world works.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:15am
lol, if they were getting their money from you, by all means. 
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:18am
Take a few minute to think how ironically correct that one of us is trying to police what the other says.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:19am
like i said ease up on the meth...just telling you, it aint your money.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 6:22am
I'm curious how exactly this matters to you. I'm mocking dumb behavior because it's comical; why are you so upset?

Again, take a few minutes to contemplate this, because it's obvious not getting through in shorter spans.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Far to much money for a Chinese made blade

tell that to Xiom

p.s. I know it's an old thread
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic