Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Table tennis shops in Melbourne?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table tennis shops in Melbourne?
    Posted: 02/02/2019 at 1:27am
Hello,

I will be visiting Melbourne Australia in two weeks and was wondering if there were any stores with a good selection of products worth checking out.

Ooak trading isn't based in Melbourne sadly. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 4:58am
Affordable TT and Butterfly AU are both Melbourne based.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 6:29am
NO.  Affordable TT is not in Melbourne; it's based in Sunbury which is 39km away and is not a physical store.  It's online only.  Butterfly Australia is based in Kilsyth, an outer suburb of Melbourne, 1hr 44min. by public transport, and it's online only.

As far as I am aware, there is not a single walk in off the street table tennis store anywhere in Australia.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 10:17am
How unfortunate. Thank you for the responses.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 6:47pm
Try AGMC sports which is kinda near Monash University, they have reasonable prices and a good selection!
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 7:37pm
[QUOTE=blahness]Try AGMC sports which is kinda near Monash University, they have reasonable prices and a good selection![/QUOTE

Awesome, will do!  Thanks :D
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 8:17pm
Grew up in Melbourne and get most of my equipment from physical stores and buying online from Australian places (e.g. OOAK). Sadly there aren't any good stores in central Melbourne (CBD) that have good table tennis supplies that I know of. Here is a brief list of places I've been/ordered from in Victoria but you'll need 1+hr on public transport if you're in the CBD.

Butterfly Australia (Ariston Table Tennis Sales)
Does do walk ins as well as online delivery. However in my experience it's best to call ahead to confirm someone will be in the showroom if you plan to come in person as they might be out doing deliveries. Great family business, nice people. If you stay long enough in Melbourne to join a table tennis club, they offer discounts (e.g. 10% off or even wholesale pricing) to certain clubs.
Official Butterfly Range: https://www.butterflyaustralia.com/
They also stock a range of Nittaku products which you can see in store or on their eBay store: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/melbournetabletennis
16 Urana Street Kilsyth Vic 3137, right next to CDTTA which is a great table tennis club. Closed on weekends.

AGMC Sports
Recently opened store that stocks lots of DHS and Butterfly products as well as a variety of other brands e.g. 729, Xiom, Yinhe. Unfortunately their online store (https://www.agmcsports.com.au/) only shows about half their products such as Hurricane and Tenergys so I'd recommend going in store for the full range. The owner is really friendly and he also has shops in China. If you join a club in Melbourne you might be able to get 15% off RRP but this depends on the club's agreement with AGMC.
6/407 Blackburn Road, Mt Waverley VIC 3149. Closed on Sundays.

Affordable Table Tennis
Nice variety of brands but as pointed out it's probably the furthest from the CBD. They also have their own brand "RADAK". In my experience you can shop online (https://www.affordablett.com.au/shop/) and choose pick up in store but you can't walk in off the street as pointed out by Tassie52. Sunbury is also a longg drive.

Edited by Alwin - 02/02/2019 at 8:17pm
TG3 Neo 39 deg | DHS PowerG PG12 | Fastarc S1
hangdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2019 at 11:59pm
For those interested, AGMC is also a badminton shop, and they carry a good range of mostly badminton shoes, which many people won’t mind for TT.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 6:29am
@iamj8, I'm sorry if I didn't have the right info. for you.  I guess Mt Waverley is doable for us who would have to use public transport. 

iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 8:50am
thank you for the super comprehensive answer, Alwin. It is much appreciated!

Such awesome info, I feel like we should have a sticky for cool tt shops to  visit around the world so travellers don't always have to make a new thread. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic