FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tabletennis11 problems....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bard romance View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by topspinschuss topspinschuss wrote:

Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

This is where you're wrong. They did not say "basically good as new condition". They said "original condition" which means "good as new", not "basically good as new". Common sense should dictate this.
The shoes look new, even the bottom. 

Clearly, they don't.
1spindoctor View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1spindoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 10:08am
greg gen's post is really helpful.I suffer from plantar faciitis for two years now and cant get rid of.Seems that TT is the reason.But what life would be without it.So finding shoes that will hurt me the least is the only way.Where i live the choises for specific TT shoes in local stores are few.So i spend lots of time in visiting stores and trying many different pairs,mostly running shoes and then try to find them in internet stores. Usually cheaper and with the option to wear them at home for a short time  and if i decide they dont fit i ship them back with the same courrier cheaply without any wear. I would not dare buing shoes i haven't tried specially from abroad with expencive shipping.
Now if i were in topspinschuss shoes i would have sent pics to save shipping back.The  "you may send it in original, unused condition" being the key phrase. Even thow they accepted them back diciding on the condition is their call.My humble suggestion, get the shoes back and try to resell them. I hope your loss and frustration might help others avoid problems like these.
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by 1spindoctor 1spindoctor wrote:

I suffer from plantar faciitis for two years now and cant get rid of.Seems that TT is the reason.But what life would be without it.So finding shoes that will hurt me the least is the only way.

They make replacement insoles specifically for that problem.  Heck of a lot easier and less frustrating to just replace the insoles.    
OSP Ultimate II, FH/Xiom Omega VII Asia Max BH/Omega VII Asia Max
OSP Virtuoso+, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Greg Gen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Gen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

tt11 said
"the shoes are obviously used and even damaged, so we can't accept them back".

the problem is the shoes don't look like new according to tt11.

Originally posted by topspinschuss topspinschuss wrote:

The shoes look new, even the bottom. 

Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Clearly, they don't.

Yeah, I understand that it's his word against theirs. I guess we really couldn't judge until we see pics or the shoes in person. I've had good experiences with tt11, but I have never tried to return anything.

A long time ago, I bought tennis shoes from a local tennis store (Price T22's I believe), planning to wear them for tennis. They felt good just walking around, but I wasn't scheduled to play tennis for a while, so I decided to try them out first, playing at the tt club. I played for a little while and unfortunately, the shoes I thought would be great were rubbing on the top of my toe, yielding a very painful blister. I brought them back to the shop and told them the story. I'm pretty sure they didn't show any wear, but I wasn't nearly as pedantic about shoe details as I am now. They said that since I played in them, they couldn't give me a full refund, but they could ship them back to the manufacturer and say they are defective, as the seam was rubbing on my toe.

I think I asked to try on another pair to see if the seam would hit me in the same spot, since maybe the first pair really did have a manufacturing defect. The shoes really did feel good other than that, but now I could feel that was just how all of the shoes were made and I would have the same problem. I tried to reason with the shop that I couldn't have known this before I briefly tested them out; the shoes felt fine just walking around, but they were adamant that I since I had played in, they were not brand new, and they could not be sold to another customer. Again, I'm pretty sure they showed no sign of wear. I was disappointed that I would not get all of my money back; I would be out about $10 for their shipping cost to send back to the manufacturer, but it was better than paying the full price of the shoes.

Going back to the issue at hand, topspinschuss says Timothy from tt11 said it was ok to return the shoes if they look new. Then Dymitry said they were used and damaged. It's possible that Dymitry might not agree with what Timothy said about being able to return shoes that are used, but still look new. It's also possible that the shoes do look worn and would not pass for new.

I provided the earlier example of my personal experience because I remember the tennis store was very adamant that since I have told them I used the shoes, they could not be sold in their store at all. Both customers and employees really seem to feel different about this situation, so I find it is just best to say something general like: I tried on the shoe and upon further evaluation, it is uncomfortable (or whatever the reason). Due to this past experience, I would not volunteer the information that I had played in the shoe; I would just let the new condition of the shoe speak for itself.

I'm interested if topspinschuss and tt11 will be able to work out a resolution.  He should pursue further conversations with tt11 and point his dialogue with Timothy or just ask to talk with Timothy. I like tt11 and they always seem to have great customer service. It's just too hard to agree with either side without seeing the shoes for ourselves.

Edited by Greg Gen - 05/09/2019 at 2:18pm
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 2:59pm
Don't know about the Mizunos but I do know some shoes have labels/stickers and hang tags that are typically removed and thrown away by the consumer.  If TT11 were really strict, that might disqualify the shoes as original condition.  Also insoles might have print on them that start to fade even after one session. Maybe that's what happened.  
OSP Ultimate II, FH/Xiom Omega VII Asia Max BH/Omega VII Asia Max
OSP Virtuoso+, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Greg Gen Greg Gen wrote:

Yeah, I understand that it's his word against theirs. I guess we really couldn't judge until we see pics or the shoes in person. I've had good experiences with tt11, but I have never tried to return anything.

Yes, that's basically it. Their words against mine. Except, their words were "you can send them in" after I told them I wore them for one session. Of course the ambiguous "in original, unused condition" was a bit confusing, but I thought that's just because of the fact that English is not their native tongue. How can a shoe be truly "unused" if I just told you that I wore them for a session? So, "unused, original CONDITION" only makes sense in this context if the shoes are in that *condition* despite being worn once for play/testing. 

I've also been very happy with them so far, but you never know how well a company handles customers until a real problem, or miscommunication occurs. In this case, so far, they basically ignore the fact that they told me to send the shoes. 

Going back to the issue at hand, topspinschuss says Timothy from tt11 said it was ok to return the shoes if they look new. Then Dymitry said they were used and damaged. It's possible that Dymitry might not agree with what Timothy said about being able to return shoes that are used, but still look new. It's also possible that the shoes do look worn and would not pass for new.

Honestly, and I might be wrong here, I suspect that "Timothy" and Dymitry are the same person. Nobody's name is "Timothy" in Estonia, and that's obviously a name used to communicate with English speakers. Dymitry sounds close enough to Timothy. Also, there is no "Timothy" mentioned as an employee of TT11 on their website, whereas Dymitri is there. If that is true, then I suspect that Dymitri (as "Timothy") just didn't read my email thoroughly and simply sent me a reply without realizing the details, i.e. that I wore the shoes for a session. Now that it's obvious that he messed up by telling me to send in the shoes as "Timothy" he comes back as Dymitri and pretends that "yes, you can send the shoes" after hearing I wore them for table tennis never happened and refuses to even acknowledge that a certain "Timothy" ever said that, despite having the email right in front of him. I hope that's not the case, but if that is really the case, then shame on him for acting that irresponsibly and someone should tell Sergei (the CEO/Owner of TT11) about this. Anyone have his personal contact info by any chance?

Quote Due to this past experience, I would not volunteer the information that I had played in the shoe; I would just let the new condition of the shoe speak for itself.

I volunteered it so it gives them a chance to say "no" and I don't waste time, money and effort to deal with *exactly* the situation I am going through right now. It would be stupid to spend $33+ to send the shoes without having a confirmation from the company that it's ok to send them back. I got the confirmation and I still landed in this situation. Plus...now they won't send the shoes back unless I order more stuff from them, which I would have loved to do, except I am so angry about how this is being handled that I don't want to order anything anymore....after being their customer for years and having spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. 

Quote I'm interested if topspinschuss and tt11 will be able to work out a resolution.  He should pursue further conversations with tt11 and point his dialogue with Timothy or just ask to talk with Timothy. I like tt11 and they always seem to have great customer service. It's just too hard to agree with either side without seeing the shoes for ourselves.

I have received another email this morning, which I will post in the next post. Bascially it's a repetition of their last email which I posted above without acknowledging that *any* miscommunication on their party may have happened. Apprently it's all my fault. Timothy seems to have disappeared, or, as I speculated above...I'm already talking to him (Dymitri). Again, if someone knows how to contact Sergei directly, please let me know. I'm getting very suspicious here. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 6:04pm
And here's the continuation of the conversation. The email at the bottom is their last response, which completely disregards the miscommunication on their part and whatever else I wrote after that. 

Dymitri wrote a few days ago: 

Hello....,

We got the parcel, but the shoes are obviously used and even damaged, so we can't accept them back, sorry

We will resend these shoes to you with your next order. Please write about that and about my name "Dmitry" in the "Customer Comment" in the order

Best regards
Dmitry

To which I replied perplexed and surprised: 

Quote Of course they have been used. But only once, and I told Timothy already that I tried them. He told me to send them back as long as they are in "original" condition. And they are. So wearing them once to try damaged them immediately? I just spent over $33 to send the shoes back because Timothy said it's ok to do so! They are *not* damaged and in as good as new condition. That's exactly how I got them and they have been in my closet for the last 5 months. 

Just see my email and timothy's email all the way at the bottom. Here's my quote:

"A few days ago I finally started wearing them for table tennis since my other pair of Mizunos developed a hole.  What I found out was that this new pair is *much* wider than the old size 45 pair of shoes. Sideway movement is so important in table tennis, so that it's almost impossible to play with these new shoes. My feet are moving from side to side inside the shoes. And I have pretty wide feet! So today I was wearing the size 45 old shoes again."

After reading it Timothy said this:

"Yes, you may send it in original, unused condition and packaging using the shipping service of your choice.

This policy does not apply to custom or specialty items (e.g. assembled blades) and for items bought from the Clearance category.

Shoes must be in their original condition. You may use the same box your shoes were shipped in to return them. However, please do not place any shipping labels or tape on the manufacturer’s shoe box.

Here is our address:

Table Tennis Products LTD

Kerese 40

21003, Narva

Estonia

tel.  372 600 1808

Please write, that the total cost of the parcel is around 15 euro (to avoid problems at customs).

When we receive the package, we will contact you."

Again, I would have never spent over $33 dollars to send the shoes if I wasn't told it's ok. If Timothy had told me "once you try the shoes, then you can't send it back anymore" then I would not have spend the money to send them. Please, let's try to resolve this problem reasonably. I like your company, and I have been recommending it to lots of people at my club for years. However, this is really becoming a bad experience when two different people at the same company tell me two different things.

Then I got basically almost a carbon copy of the first email back from Dymitri today, as if he didn't even read anything I wrote: 

Quote  Hello....

What we said was "original, unused condition"

Trying the shoes on is fine and still considered unused. Wearing them while playing is obviously using them which means we cannot resell them

The information from our side is the same: You can return any product you like as long as it is in original, unused condition.
You already said that you used them and it is also obvious to us that they are used

Best regards
Dmitry  

At this point I am beyond angry. He does not even address ONCE why I was told to send the shoes back AFTER I had already told them I used them once. Yet, he keeps telling me in the emails that they are "obviously used" because I said I wore them for table tennis once. This seems to STILL come as a surprise to him after I repeated it to him a million times. Anyway, this is what I wrote back to him: 

Quote So why did Timothy still say I can send them back *after* told him I used them? It says right there in my first email: 

"A few days ago I finally started wearing them for table tennis since my other pair of Mizunos developed a hole.  What I found out was that this new pair is *much* wider than the old size 45 pair of shoes. Sideway movement is so important in table tennis, so that it's almost impossible to play with these new shoes. My feet are moving from side to side inside the shoes. And I have pretty wide feet!"

So I get an email after that telling me:

"Yes, you may send it in original, unused condition and packaging using the shipping service of your choice."

Did he say "yes" or not? Are you going to just deny that Timothy told me to send the shoes AFTER he read in my email that I wore them for table tennis? Nobody says "yes, you can send them back" if they don't accept shoes that have been worn. I didn't even lie about it. Yes, it says "original, unused" but I thought, since I just told you guys I wore them, that you mean "in as good as new condition". Especially since English is not your first language. So, I just wasted $33 because Timothy told me "yes" after reading that I wore the shoes. And I can only get the shoes back if I order something, which, honestly I don't even feel like ordering anything at this point. So I lost $33+ and shoes that could have possibly sold on Ebay or some other online site...or even locally. If a company miscommunicates something to a customer, they should do the right thing and solve the problem. So what do you guys think? I just tried to play the "lottery" and sent you shoes even though you told me "no"? Obviously I sent them AFTER telling Timothy I was wearing them for table tennis and AFTER he told me "yes, you can send them."

Where is Timothy by the way? He suddenly disappeared it seems. Also, I have opened a thread on the table tennis forum "mytabletennis.net" to warn people about this kind of behavior":

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/tabletennis11-problems_topic85975_page1.html

I can't believe that after all these years ordering from you guys, you just act this way. Even though Timothy told me that I can send the shoes back knowing that I wore them for table tennis, he suddenly disappears and you deny everything and don't even want to read or understand the first two emails between Timothy and me. If it was a miscommunication, then say it was a miscommunication. Who in their right mind says "yes you can send them" after hearing that I wore them for table tennis once, and then says "original, unused condition" and actually tries to say: "well, they should be new, not worn." I *just* said I wore them for table tennis! Don't just put the entire blame on me and then just say "sorry, they are worn" like I was trying to hide that fact. I was honest about everything, and I am paying for it.

Seriously, I am going to make sure everyone knows about this kind of behavior both online and offline. And even though I have been very happy with your company up to this point, I am not going to order anything from you anymore. This attitude and behavior is unacceptable. So how am going to now get the "old" shoes back without ordering something? Are you going to tell me that I have to pay shipping again to get the shoes back?

At this point I am out of $33+ dollars for shipping the shoes to them, can't get my shoes back unless I order more stuff, which, maybe understandably, I am not willing to do, and the one person I can reach at TT11 keeps ignoring my pointing out that I was told I can send the shoes back by "Timothy" after he read that I wore them. What kind of company acts like this to a customer? At least acknowledge that you are PART of the miscommunication even if you do not want to admit that it's your fault for telling a customer it's ok to send used shoes back and starting this mess. Again, I would appreciate Sergei's contact information.     

ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 6:33pm
I really don't mean to be rude asking this but... What is your goal discussing this on a public forum?

Do you want your money back no questions asked on a used product? 

Are you looking to discredit the supplier?

Or look for guidance or the return of a pair of shoes which were from the details I have looked at:: ordered and left in a cuppord for 6-8 weeks, worn for a training session then attempted to be returned to the supplier in unused conditions. 

What are the companies conditions of sale and return btw?  

If you have met them you have an axe to grind 100% if you haven't and the shoes are worn and 2 months old then maybe you don't. 

I really hope you try and see both sides from the owners viewpoint if you were in their shoes.. 

No pun intended btw. 

Cheers

GZ

In the UK we have a 30 day return policy on items with some restrictions. Is this what you have in your area?. 

Have done everything you could prior to making this public to get the issue resolved? 

Edited by ghostzen - 05/09/2019 at 8:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 3:09am
I'm not sure why so many people actually don't read what was written here. You, like many others, haven't even bothered to read the details and miss the point completely. See below. 

Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

I really don't mean to be rude asking this but... What is your goal discussing this on a public forum?

You act like this is the first time anyone posted about a bad experience with a table tennis company. What do all those people want? Two things....they want justice and they want to warn others. Simple as that. 

Quote Do you want your money back no questions asked on a used product? 

Are you looking to discredit the supplier?

Yes, my goal in life is to discredit a supplier, because I am bored and have nothing else to do....like you apparently.. Disapprove

Seriously, have you read a *single* word even that was written here? I'll repeat it just for you: The company said it's ok to send back a (one time) used product and even told me that they would send me a new pair of shoes. 

Quote Or look for guidance or the return of a pair of shoes which were from the details I have looked at:: ordered and left in a cuppord for 6-8 weeks, worn for a training session then attempted to be returned to the supplier in unused conditions.

All of your "details" are wrong. I have no idea why there are so many people with apparently dyslexia in this forum. If you can't read or remember details, then why bother replying with nonsense? The shoes were actually in the cupboard for almost 4 months and then worn once. All of which were reported to TT11 before asking them if I can return the shoes. "Timothy" agreed with an ambiguous email. There was no attempt to return anything to the supplier in an unused condition because I already told them I used them. It's ridiculous to imply I tried to trick them. There you go...now go try to actually read the thread. 

Quote What are the companies conditions of sale and return btw?

It doesn't matter what they are once the company tells you it's ok to return. They may have a 2 day return policy and you contact them on day 435....if someone there tells you it's ok to return the product, then we should be able to trust them. 

I really hope you try and see both sides from the owners viewpoint if you were in their shoes.. 

I do see both sides. The company has every right to deny my return request. They didn't. Once you don't and tell the person to send in the shoes, you can't suddenly pretend that you didn't know that the person told you he used them once. That's the case here. Got it? 

ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 5:34am
So the company has denied you the return of a product when received back to their offices in used condition. Could these shoes be resold btw? Hopefully the supplier will photograph the shoes pop a picture up and everyone can see if these shoes are in a fit condition to be returned under the terms and conditions of sale. 

Again what is your goal? Refund, credit, discredit?  Which are you going for. 

And yes thanks I am dyslexic.... Hence the first sentence of "I don't mean to be rude" ...  

I hope whatever your goal is you make it. 

Cheers GZ

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 6:37am
dude how stubborn are you? If you only allow people to see it your way why post this on a public forum?

Personally I also had some experience with bad quality products, damaged shoes and rubbers within 1 session of usong them. What I actually did was taking the picture and inform them right away. Very shortly after I purchased the item. I guess that's also the problem here. For the rest if you look at it from a legal perspective the words they used: you can return them as long as they are in original condition are key. The fact that you already told them they are worn once is not important here. They ask for original condition but since you've notified them they are not you think they have to accept worn shoes.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 6:54am
treat other the way you want to be treated.
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by lgxb lgxb wrote:

treat other the way you want to be treated.

It's a nice quote.  It should read  "treat others as they would want to be treated"

I may want to be treated differently than others.
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

dude how stubborn are you? If you only allow people to see it your way why post this on a public forum?

Personally I also had some experience with bad quality products, damaged shoes and rubbers within 1 session of usong them. What I actually did was taking the picture and inform them right away. Very shortly after I purchased the item. I guess that's also the problem here. For the rest if you look at it from a legal perspective the words they used: you can return them as long as they are in original condition are key. The fact that you already told them they are worn once is not important here. They ask for original condition but since you've notified them they are not you think they have to accept worn shoes.

He is posting it on a public forum because he knows folks from Tabletennis 11 visit here and he thinks that if he yells loudly enough, they will give him a new pair of shoes.

That is not an uncommon practice and it often works since many companies would rather not have too much bad publicity whether deserved or (as in this case) not.

It is a bit malicious, but perfectly legal.  People who do this usually convince themselves that they are doing a public service by warning people.  However, the end result of this stuff is always the same: companies learn their lesson and make it a point to not even try to help anyone whose problem might be in the "grey area".  For example, they probably thought they were doing the right thing by offering to inspect them.  Next time, noone will get he benefit of the doubt and I honestly can't blame them.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
FH: D05, red, 2.1
BH: T05, black, 2.1
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 11:31am
I will share my shoe return story with TT11. I had purchased Mizuno Wave Drive shoes based on the shoe conversion chart on the TT11 site last fall. When I received the shoes I tried them on and walked around with them on my carpeted floor, did a few side to side, front and back footwork moves on the carpet to get a better idea of their fit. They were too tight. So I emailed TT11 and told them that the shoes were too small. Timothy replied stating "Yes, you may send it in original, unused condition and packaging using the shipping service of your choice."

It seems that this is their standard language when replying to shoe return requests/emails from their customers. There is nothing wrong in their reply as it makes it clear they will accept the return as long as the shoes are in original, unused condition and packaging.

I don't see how shoes that have been worn for a TT session can remain in original, unused condition. I doubt if TT11 can resell such shoes to another customer. That customer will not be happy if they received worn/used shoes as they should expect new shoes (which includes shoes that have been tried on but not really used.)

In my case, when TT11 received my returned shoes, Timothy emailed me acknowledging receipt of the returned shoes and asked whether I wanted a refund or an exchange. I requested an exchange in a larger size which they promptly sent. The larger shoes fit me well and I really like them.

The difference in the outcome in my shoe return and OP shoe return experience seems to be regarding the condition of the shoes the OP returned to TT11.

OP thinks having worn the shoes for a TT playing session still left the shoes in original, unused condition. TT11 upon their inspection of the returned shoes disagrees. There aren't any high resolution pics of shoes after they were worn for anyone on this forum to make this call.

In my case TT11 offered a refund or exchange as the returned shoes met their requirements of original, unused condition. In OP's case they feel this requirement has not been met.

There is nothing wrong with their customer service based on what's been shared on this thread.

Good luck to OP to get to an amiable resolution to his issue.

Edited by NoFootwork - 05/11/2019 at 11:33am
GaryBuck View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

I will share my shoe return story with TT11.

In my case TT11 offered a refund or exchange as the returned shoes met their requirements of original, unused condition. In OP's case they feel this requirement has not been met.

There is nothing wrong with their customer service based on what's been shared on this thread.

Good luck to OP to get to an amiable resolution to his issue.

My experience with ordering Wave Drive shoes from TT11 was similar to NoFootwork. The shoes arrived, I tried them out on the carpet in the house, they were far too big, and I sent them back, unused. They refunded my money with no questions (but I did have to pay return postage, which was over $30). I think the problem is that the sizing charts differ considerably from company to company, and these guys at TT11 are doing their best to deal with a difficult issue.

I tried Megaspin next, and they were also helpful, but a little more clever--they measured the length of the insoles on different size shoes, and sent me pictures of these. I measured the length of the insole on my current shoes, and bought the ones with the same length. We got it right first time. I think this is the way to do it.

I now have a new pair of Joola Touch shoes for much less than the price of the Wave Drives.
Greg Gen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Gen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 12:35pm
Quote NoFootwork
Quote GaryBuck

It's nice to hear a positive return/exchange experience (edit: 2 experiences). Based on that I would say it is more likely that topspinschuss shoes showed obvious signs of wear, as tt11 said.

Edited by Greg Gen - 05/11/2019 at 12:38pm
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 6:37pm
People need to understand, use the cm size  not US size, when comparing shoes.

One differs vastly across manufacturers, the other doesn't. 

I am 28.5 across like 4 different spoets, and 6 different brands., plus older shoes that are in the bin. 

Including mizuno. Mizuno are awful sizing in tt, unless you just go by the cm size. 
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

People need to understand, use the cm size  not US size, when comparing shoes.

One differs vastly across manufacturers, the other doesn't. 

I am 28.5 across like 4 different spoets, and 6 different brands., plus older shoes that are in the bin. 

Including mizuno. Mizuno are awful sizing in tt, unless you just go by the cm size. 

The OP moved to the US from Germany, so I am sure he is up to speed on metric shoe sizes.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
FH: D05, red, 2.1
BH: T05, black, 2.1
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 2:46pm
My only reaction is, better to buy shoes somewhere you can take them back without international shipping.
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 5:16pm
OP is just delusional. /thread
USATT: 2047 as of 2019
Kontra View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kontra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 3:21pm
OP problems... is much better title for this thread.

Btw,
Tabletennis11 is one of the best tt companies in the world, if not the best.
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2019 at 2:57am
this has been most entertaining thread 
BBC Ghost w/ Xiom Omega 7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2019 at 2:11pm
I just wanted to update this thread.  A resolution was found. I put in an order for rubbers and received a discount/refund for the amount of shipping I paid to send the shoes back to them. In return I got the shoes back with my rubber order. It was obviously all a communication problem due to, partially at least, the language barrier (English isn't the official language of Estonia). 

I just wanted to make clear that my intent was *never* to force TT11 to give me new shoes. That is why I asked if I can send in USED shoes to begin with, because I was not sure if that is ok with them. (And was told "yes!"). I just did not think it was fair that they did not even want to refund the shipping cost I paid despite the fact that it was obvious that I sent in the shoes due to a communication problem on their part (see earlier in thread before jumping in with assumptions), and was told that I needed to put in an order for my shoes to be sent back. (luckily, I needed rubbers anyway)

In any case, the problem has been resolved amicably, and I am going to continue ordering from them. 
Amator View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2019 at 4:01pm
Good for you.
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2019 at 4:31pm
I've never had a problem with TT11

their service is intense, especially the shipping. sometimes I thought I ordered from Amazon prime, not from halfway around the world in Estonia

just put in an order last Fri and came yesterday on Tuesday
ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2019 at 6:18pm
Glad you got your issues resolved and TT11 were helpful after the communication issues you had. Nice to know they will go the extra mile and offer a hand. Everyone speaks highly of them on the forum.

Back to the important stuff of playing TT! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic