Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2010 at 8:49pm
Also the one he is using has a metal badge, does not have the blue lines across the handle and also has carbon layers of some kind.
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Sponsored Links

rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2010 at 10:18pm
timo boll spark then? Ermm
http://www.butterflyonline.com/images/catalog/zoom/7048.jpg
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2010 at 10:20pm
For me looks like a custom made that they put TB Spark handle without any lens..

TB Spark is only Arylate and this one looks like A/C.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
TTdreamer1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTdreamer1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2010 at 11:27pm
most of the top 20 player are using pure wood blade.
Including Ma long and Timo.
You would say "hey, but I see Ma's handle is Timo Boll Spirit!!"

Well....Like u just said....u saw the handle........

Same with Jun Mitzutani.

I played the blade which is made for him. Got the same handle as u see
that sells in TT store. But it is pure wood, light.... extremely controllable...

All pros' blade are not bouncy at all. Because for attack, U will need to learn
to put in strength on your own, not relying on blade. And All pros already
knew how to do that. But on defense and counter attacking shots, they
will have to have a extremely stable blade.

During intense and powerful rallies, it is impossible to count on bouncy
blades.
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 1:32am
Are you sure that Timo is using all wood with ALC handle ??? I dont know about the others but Schlager's stuff looks damn fast...
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 1:35am
What does Joo use for blade? I've heard rumours that he use Matsush*ta pro alpha or matsush*ta pro with the JSH's handle. Before he used the special made diode...However, it's certain that he uses T64 and Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
TTdreamer1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTdreamer1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Are you sure that Timo is using all wood with ALC handle ??? I dont know about the others but Schlager's stuff looks damn fast...

Give them a blade bought from stationary, glued with Tenergy.
Believe me, when they do a drive, u still touch nothing.
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 2:48am
Originally posted by TTdreamer1982 TTdreamer1982 wrote:

I am sure that i have seen the blue colored ALC layers on Timo Boll's blade in one of the videos. Though i am very sure that you are correct about what you have said above, i just don't believe that they are using an all wood blade.
You should substantiate your verdict with pics to make all of us believe.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 7:20am
Here's Ma Long's TBS: http://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt/20097161571118688_G

And here's Boll's ALC: http://www.fotop.net/rxng/cntt/20091915302077018_G

Both have layers of Arylate/Carbon.

TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by TTdreamer1982 TTdreamer1982 wrote:

Speed is not everything. Suppose all the pros are able to hit so powerful drives but then the they still can use carbon or ALC blades because if its already fast then they have to show that they are able to handle the speed in slow shot or they will be just like us, power but no control is nothing. Besides, Ma Long if he uses ALC, its possibly for the dead feeling ( little vibration ) that he wants.
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2010 at 3:00pm
Looks like the most popular BH rubber is: "unknown"

Where can i get a sheet?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 12:13pm
Doesn't Zhang Jike use Bryce speed in his backhand? I've always known it but can't confirm the source now.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 3:45pm
I was watching some videos on dttl , anyone know why Timo is using red rubber on his FH?

He changed his rubbers? Kishikawa now uses red rubber on his FH too, in smash he change to black side to smash.
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 3:57pm
because now there isn't disponibility of black tenergies of a certain weight...timo wrote on his site
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2010 at 10:58pm
Would this be too much to ask to list thickness of the sponge if known?
Back to table tennis...
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 1:32am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

because now there isn't disponibility of black tenergies of a certain weight...timo wrote on his site

disponibility = availibilty

He is saying there aren't any blk t05 of a certain weight. I wonder what weight he is looking for... and gets!

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
IceObsession View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceObsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 9:07am
Pavlovich, Viktoria (BLR)
Defence Alpha
Tenergy 05 1,7 mm
Feint Long III

Stefanova, Nikoleta (ITA)
Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Tie Yana (HKG)
Special Made
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Toth, Krisztina (HUN)
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm

Gao Jun (USA)
Matsush*ta Pro CS
Butterfly Challenger Attack
FH: DHS Neo Hurricane III
BH: TSP Spectol 21
Blade: TSP Limban Offensive(FL)
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 3:17pm
Actually, Werner Schlager's blade is actually a Primorac Carbon blade with Schalger Carbon handles Wink
Before Butterfly made the Schlager Carbon, Werner was playing the Primorac Carbon. In order for the Schlager Carbon to be different from the Primorac Carbon, Butterfly produced the Schlager Carbon blade with a slightly thicker inner ply. This of course brought the weight up. Werner likes his blades to be exactly 91 grams and the Primorac Carbon is exactly 91 grams while the Schlager Carbon is 95 - 96 grams. So, in order for him to play with a blade with his name on, they actually put Schlager Carbon handles on a Primorac Carbon for him.. 
For someone at a sub world class level, I doubt that they would even notice the difference between the Primorac an Schlager Carbon blade.. They are basically identical except for the inner ply which is only slightly thicker on the Schlager Carbon.. He does NOT have a special made blade (other than the handle with his name).. It actually is a off the shelf Primorac Carbon with only the handle being difference.. His rubbers (Tenergy 05) are also off the shelf Tenergy 05 rubbers..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 12:28pm
How about Jian Sun?
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Actually, Werner Schlager's blade is actually a Primorac Carbon blade with Schalger Carbon handles Wink
Before Butterfly made the Schlager Carbon, Werner was playing the Primorac Carbon. In order for the Schlager Carbon to be different from the Primorac Carbon, Butterfly produced the Schlager Carbon blade with a slightly thicker inner ply. This of course brought the weight up. Werner likes his blades to be exactly 91 grams and the Primorac Carbon is exactly 91 grams while the Schlager Carbon is 95 - 96 grams. So, in order for him to play with a blade with his name on, they actually put Schlager Carbon handles on a Primorac Carbon for him.. 
For someone at a sub world class level, I doubt that they would even notice the difference between the Primorac an Schlager Carbon blade.. They are basically identical except for the inner ply which is only slightly thicker on the Schlager Carbon.. He does NOT have a special made blade (other than the handle with his name).. It actually is a off the shelf Primorac Carbon with only the handle being difference.. His rubbers (Tenergy 05) are also off the shelf Tenergy 05 rubbers..

Interesting,
Pushblocker, how do you know all these things about Schlager?
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 2:40pm
He kidnapped Schlager and forced Werner to play TT in his garage.

Actually if you read through the thread you will find they were school friends at a young age and Schalger stopped to visit Pushblocker for a few days when he came to the US for a Killerspin event.

Mark
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 3:20pm
Butterfly claims that uses Primorac Carbon,  Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64.
Do you know which Tenergy uses on f/h?

-----

Edit: I moved this in from a separate thread. The question was about Daniela Dodean.

-Schlager
tokold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tokold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 4:09pm
I've talked to her doubles partner, Elizabeta Samara and said she plays with Tenergy 64 both sides on a Primorac carbon.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

He kidnapped Schlager and forced Werner to play TT in his garage.

Actually if you read through the thread you will find they were school friends at a young age and Schalger stopped to visit Pushblocker for a few days when he came to the US for a Killerspin event.

Mark

Yes I see.
So Werner Schlager plays Primorac Carbon with Schlager handle.

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 5:35pm
I have changed Zhang Jike's bh to Bryce Speed. I'm also pretty certain that's what he uses, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Pushblocker: That was a really interesting read! It's always fun with some inside info, and especially when it's about the player that really started my interest for TT about 7 years ago! (I have the DVD's from the 2003 WTTC and watch them whenever I get a bit tired of TT. Schlager was simply amazing through the whole tournament!)

IceObsession: Again, thank you so much!

Updated the first post with more female players!

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 5:40pm
i thought he used t64 now....you could see it in those close up pictures...or at least some kind of tenergy.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 5:57pm
You are absolutely right..

The picture showing a white sponge and a BTY logo was old, and all pictures from the ITTF from 2010 shows an orange/red sponge.

Tenergy 64 is more likely than both 05 and 25, so I'll put down T64.

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by tokold tokold wrote:

I've talked to her doubles partner, Elizabeta Samara and said she plays with Tenergy 64 both sides on a Primorac carbon.

Hi Dennis,
You are not talking too much, 4 posts in 6 years !

tokold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tokold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 7:01pm
Well, been kind of busy and I just happened to be asking Elizabeta the same question about a month ago.
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 7:03pm
Does anyone know what set up (CPen) Wang Jian Jun has.
(His previous JPen set up was probably a clone of RSM's)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 194>
  Share Topic