Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The secret U.S. Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2019 at 8:32pm
One 5 minute phone call is all it takes to book both the 2020 Nationals and Open in Las Vegas.  How long will they be looking into making that phone call.  As I said before, run the exact same National schedule as they did this year and the 2020 Nationals will be taken care.  That gives them a whole year to "look into" what to do with the 2020 Open.

As a marketing guy, I understand your position.  You're stuck trying to tell us that you have to live with what management does.  Like I said, one 5 minute call solves 2020.  Stay on them.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

One 5 minute phone call is all it takes to book both the 2020 Nationals and Open in Las Vegas.  How long will they be looking into making that phone call.  As I said before, run the exact same National schedule as they did this year and the 2020 Nationals will be taken care.  That gives them a whole year to "look into" what to do with the 2020 Open.

As a marketing guy, I understand your position.  You're stuck trying to tell us that you have to live with what management does.  Like I said, one 5 minute call solves 2020.  Stay on them.

It might take a bit more than a simple phone call, like a deposit of $$$, no? Which might or might not be readily available.
USATT: ~1870
Donic Defplay - AK47 blue - Dtecs OX
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

It might take a bit more than a simple phone call, like a deposit of $$$, no? Which might or might not be readily available.

Many times if a group is a regular user of a facility the don't require an early deposit.  The convention center should have a nice relationship with the USATT.  
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 8:32am
Whoa! Agreed for Nationals, but has Las Vegas even been confirmed for 2020 US Open? 
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Whoa! Agreed for Nationals, but has Las Vegas even been confirmed for 2020 US Open? 

Not even the Nationals has been confirmed.
patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 12:09am
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

USATT rating: 2k+
patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 12:13am

I believe Las Vegas is on Pacific Time Zone.

DFW is the 4th largest airport in the world.
[/QUOTE]

Well - I stand corrected. Apologies.
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

USATT rating: 2k+
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

I believe Las Vegas is on Pacific Time Zone.

DFW is the 4th largest airport in the world.

Well - I stand corrected. Apologies.
No biggie.  I need to stand correct myself .... DFW is the 4th *busiest* airport in the world.  Its actually the 3rd largest by size.  
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2019 at 12:11pm

Yea will do
http://mhtabletennis.com
dina_arif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dina_arif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2019 at 10:01am

Many times if a group is a regular user of a facility the don't require an early deposit.  The convention center should have a nice relationship with the USATT.  

SERIOUSLY ? 
Do you know probably more than 100s of groups with lot more money & clout use  any smaller convention center, let alone Las Vegas Convention center, which could probably be the busiest in the world ?

Anyway most cool (weatherwise I mean) in the summer Northern states like Alaska or North Dakota or NH, VT, ME etc  may be better venues to host the US Closed in the summer.  You may get cheaper playing venues and the states may give some breaks as they can badly use the business.  

Las Vegas in summer really sucks like 130 degrees.

I know many explained many time why LV is overall better but to run both US Closed  & Open in the same sin city over and over sucks.

At least US Open in December may be OK as it may attract many foreign tourist players who want to gamble or think prostitution is legal in Las Vegas Embarrassed 

The only thing cool for me (about Las Vegas) is to be able to rent Ferraris or Lamborghinis etc and drive on the race track. Are there any other cities that have this ? 

Edited by dina_arif - 08/17/2019 at 10:58am
Charlie Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2019 at 10:44am

Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

This is the more likely scenario, having a relationship means nothing if a deposit isn't on time or payable...convention space isn't a "relationship based commodity", you hold a "space" with money paid in advance - months or sometime years in advance.

*sigh*
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 1:18am
Originally posted by dina_arif dina_arif wrote:

SERIOUSLY ? 
Do you know probably more than 100s of groups with lot more money & clout use  any smaller convention center, let alone Las Vegas Convention center, which could probably be the busiest in the world.

I used facilities, big and small for over 20 years.  After a few years I could call the facility a year in advance, reserve my date, and not sign the actual contract until a few weeks prior to my event.  Deposits were rarely required and I paid for the facility the night of the event or the following Monday.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2019 at 1:35am
After spending time with mts388 and hearing some of his stories I am convinced that if he was promoting the US Nationals, Vegas would end up paying the USATT to come there.  That man is a promoter.  If only his TT game was as strong.

Mark - Mts388 fan
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2019 at 11:21am
This topic was started on 6-8-2019. Here we are on 8-22-2019, still no way to enter or even to know what events are being run.

Edited by jfolsen - 08/22/2019 at 11:21am
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

This topic was started on 6-8-2019. Here we are on 8-22-2019, still no way to enter or even to know what events are being run.

Do you mean 8-6-2019? It was made over 2 weeks ago.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Do you mean 8-6-2019? It was made over 2 weeks ago.

No, they told us location (Ft. Worth) and dates. No entry blank or online registration, or even a list of events.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic