Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Blade Collection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Blade Collection
    Posted: 10/23/2016 at 6:31am
Hi guys, what Tibhar blades do you suggest to try or to own? I have a Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon coming and I plan on trying other Tibhar blades as I happen to like their blades. 

I plan on getting a Rapid Carbon Light, Samsonov Alpha,CCA7,Stratus Power Wood, Samsonov Carbon and hopefully(as these are quite pricey) H-3-9, VS Unlimited and Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon.

Thanks SmileSmile
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 7:57am
Oh, that`s a wide range of blades Wink from Carbon over "normal" all wood up to pure hinoki.

That`s a really "special" test. If I were you, I would test only some similar blades in the first step. Maybe you should test only carbon blades or only all wood blades. The feeling of your selected blades will be totally different if you test them all. And I am not sure, if this test will help you to make a decision.

Some more good Tibhar-blades:
- Samson Force Pro (Black Edition)
- Tibhar Illusion Killer

The last one (Illusion Killer) is my actual all-wood-favourite. It`s a 7-ply blade with very thin balsa-core, but does not feel like a balsa blade. It has enough power but also good control and feeling. Pare it with MX-P (or EL-S) both sides and you will be happy.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 9:44am
I always wanted to try the Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, Stratus Power Wood, CCA Unlimited, and VS Unlimited. The last 2 are much more expensive though.

If you get the VS unlimited please post a review and pictures.. not much info out on this blade right now.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/23/2016 at 9:48am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Oh, that`s a wide range of blades Wink from Carbon over "normal" all wood up to pure hinoki.

That`s a really "special" test. If I were you, I would test only some similar blades in the first step. Maybe you should test only carbon blades or only all wood blades. The feeling of your selected blades will be totally different if you test them all. And I am not sure, if this test will help you to make a decision.

- Tibhar Illusion Killer

The last one (Illusion Killer) is my actual all-wood-favourite. It`s a 7-ply blade with very thin balsa-core, but does not feel like a balsa blade. It has enough power but also good control and feeling. Pare it with MX-P (or EL-S) both sides and you will be happy.

I see, the illusion killer is a discontinued blade though. I have a friend who bought a FPBE from me, didnt get to try it yet though. But on a bounce test with rubbers it felt pretty good. Felt like an upgraded Clipper imho. I currently use a Korbel Black Tag while waiting for my SSCB, though I try as much as I can to not play til I get it. When I get a Stratus Power Wood I'll do a review and comparison with my Korbel as the SPW is supposedly a stiffer and faster korbel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 10:38am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I always wanted to try the Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, Stratus Power Wood, CCA Unlimited, and VS Unlimited. The last 2 are much more expensive though.

If you get the VS unlimited please post a review and pictures.. not much info out on this blade right now.

I've been wondering what the difference of the CCA and the VS is. Though I'll look to getting the VS Unlimited after getting the Power Spin Carbon, as many of my clients are interested and are dying to test it. It's like an innerforce style blade with the ALC next to the core. Whereas the VS and CCA Unli have the ALC as the 2nd ply right after the top ply.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 10:46am
Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

I see, the illusion killer is a discontinued blade though. 
Here in Germany it is still available.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 10:56am

I see. Tibhar doesn't make anymore of those though, AFAIK. I sent you a PM mate.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:01am

I've been wondering what the difference of the CCA and the VS is. Though I'll look to getting the VS Unlimited after getting the Power Spin Carbon, as many of my clients are interested and are dying to test it. It's like an innerforce style blade with the ALC next to the core. Whereas the VS and CCA Unli have the ALC as the 2nd ply right after the top ply.

Is power spin carbon a good alternative to Viscaria/TB ALC? Construction looks similar but the blade was poorly executed IMO, naming it with Drinkhall's name. The design is also lackluster. The designs on the unlimited blades look much better.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:08am

Is power spin carbon a good alternative to Viscaria/TB ALC? Construction looks similar but the blade was poorly executed IMO, naming it with Drinkhall's name. The design is also lackluster. The designs on the unlimited blades look much better.

Let's see. It's clearly a blade in the style of TBS/TB ALC as Drinkhall used to use a TBS anyhow. Though in ttdaily's review with Drinkhall it seems to be a few notches faster than Viscaria and TB/ALC. I'll let you know when I get it. I'll order a PSC as soon as I get my SSC. I'll be receiving it either this week or next week. So I'll receive a PSC by mid Nov, should I have enough funds, I'll order a VS Unlimited along with it.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:11am

I see. Tibhar doesn't make anymore of those though, AFAIK. I sent you a PM mate.

TT11 has it
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:28am

- Tibhar Illusion Killer

Magic, how would you compare Illusion killer to regular 7 ply blades, e.g. Clipper? Wink
Fly away!
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 2:29pm
Well, the Illusion Killer is a 7-ply, which does not feel like a 7-ply and it`s a balsa-blade which does not feel like a balsa blade. Big smile Maybe you think, that I am a bit crazy, but I mean what I am writing here.

"Normal" balsa blades are very bouncy and non-linear. But here the balsa-core is very thin and on this core there are 3 plies on each side. Therefore you don`t feel the balsa-core very much, but on the other side this core makes the blade a bit more "lifely".

Most 7-ply blades are very fast, hard and stiff (of course not all). With these blades you have the power to finish the point with hard aggressiv strokes. But unfortunately it is not easy to loop slow and soft. On the other side some 5-ply blades have lots of feel and it is totally easy to loop with, but at the end they don`t have enough power for hard attacking.

(For me) the Illusion Killer is a very good compromise between these systems. The (thin) balsa-core makes the blade lighter (80-85g) and more lifely. Due to the 7 plies the blade is stiff and hard enough for the offensive game.

Some years ago I already tested this blade, but I did not like it in this moment. I am not sure why, but maybe I have chosen the "wrong" rubbers. A few weeks ago I had the chance to test the blade again (during a training-session in a neighbour-club) and I was very astonished about the playing-characteristic. This blade was paired with Evolution EL-S on both sides.

Personally I am actually testing it with MX-P on both sides and really like the feeling. I like it so much that I bought a second blade and I am thinking about a switch from ALC-blades to all-wood (Illusion Killer) within the next weeks, if these positive impressions should remain in this time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 2:37pm

Well, the Illusion Killer is a 7-ply, which does not feel like a 7-ply and it`s a balsa-blade which does not feel like a balsa blade. Big smile Maybe you think, that I am a bit crazy, but I mean what I am writing here.

"Normal" balsa blades are very bouncy and non-linear. But here the balsa-core is very thin and on this core there are 3 plies on each side. Therefore you don`t feel the balsa-core very much, but on the other side this core makes the blade a bit more "lifely".

Most 7-ply blades are very fast, hard and stiff (of course not all). With these blades you have the power to finish the point with hard aggressiv strokes. But unfortunately it is not easy to loop slow and soft. On the other side some 5-ply blades have lots of feel and it is totally easy to loop with, but at the end they don`t have enough power for hard attacking.

(For me) the Illusion Killer is a very good compromise between these systems. The (thin) balsa-core makes the blade lighter (80-85g) and more lifely. Due to the 7 plies the blade is stiff and hard enough for the offensive game.

Some years ago I already tested this blade, but I did not like it in this moment. I am not sure why, but maybe I have chosen the "wrong" rubbers. A few weeks ago I had the chance to test the blade again (during a training-session in a neighbour-club) and I was very astonished about the playing-characteristic. This blade was paired with Evolution EL-S on both sides.

Personally I am actually testing it with MX-P on both sides and really like the feeling. I like it so much that I bought a second blade and I am thinking about a switch from ALC-blades to all-wood (Illusion Killer) within the next weeks, if these positive impressions should remain in this time.

Interesting, hopefully Tibhar will have a few of these still lying around. It sounds similar to the Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75. Since I don't see any reviews of it, I should do a short review on the blade. I got 2 of them, one was 68g other was 72g. Will do a review on it in awhile.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 2:39pm
The only Tibhar blade I bother to keep & play is H-3-9 ST. This 3 plied Hinoki all wood awed me the 1st time I played w/ it (w/some Chinese Cheapie rbrs, can't remember what now.). The control/feeling I got out of it was/still is amazing. This is the only Tibhar all wood I will keep/play hopefully until I can't play anymoreLOL....I got it quite "cheap" from an Argentinean member may yrs ago.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

The only Tibhar blade I bother to keep & play is H-3-9 ST. This 3 plied Hinoki all wood awed me the 1st time I played w/ it (w/some Chinese Cheapie rbrs, can't remember what now.). The control/feeling I got out of it was/still is amazing. This is the only Tibhar all wood I will keep/play hopefully until I can't play anymoreLOL....I got it quite "cheap" from an Argentinean member may yrs ago.

Cool, lucky that you got it cheap. As they're kinda pricey brand new. 
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 4:12am
I have owned and played with some Tibhar blades these last 4 years. Among the blades I have used are Furious, Lebesson, White Sword, Freitas, Inca and Kim Jung Hoon. 
Furious and KJH are 7 plys, Lebesson 5 ply, WS, Inca, Freitas are carbon composites. For the composites, WS behaved like a wooden blade with good control but not that much speed for a carbon. Freitas is a real good carbon blade but the best composite blade of Tibhar that I have used is the Inca. Inca reminds me of the Joola Rosskopf Force quite similar but I like Inca better. Still don't remember the reason why I sold that blade, now I want to buy it back ha ha ha. 
Lebesson is a great looping weapon, good speed, lot of flex and vibration. This blade performs well using long pips on BH.
I prefer all wood blades and the best of the lot is the KJH, faster than a clipper, great feel, great control, very good speed, does everything well. This blade is made for looping and counter loop. 
For me the best all wood blade by Tibhar is KJH and the best composite is Inca.
By the way both blades happen to be designed by Nexy, probably just coincidence or maybe the designer is a genius.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

I have owned and played with some Tibhar blades these last 4 years. Among the blades I have used are Furious, Lebesson, White Sword, Freitas, Inca and Kim Jung Hoon. 
Furious and KJH are 7 plys, Lebesson 5 ply, WS, Inca, Freitas are carbon composites. For the composites, WS behaved like a wooden blade with good control but not that much speed for a carbon. Freitas is a real good carbon blade but the best composite blade of Tibhar that I have used is the Inca. Inca reminds me of the Joola Rosskopf Force quite similar but I like Inca better. Still don't remember the reason why I sold that blade, now I want to buy it back ha ha ha. 
Lebesson is a great looping weapon, good speed, lot of flex and vibration. This blade performs well using long pips on BH.
I prefer all wood blades and the best of the lot is the KJH, faster than a clipper, great feel, great control, very good speed, does everything well. This blade is made for looping and counter loop. 
For me the best all wood blade by Tibhar is KJH and the best composite is Inca.
By the way both blades happen to be designed by Nexy, probably just coincidence or maybe the designer is a genius.

I see, I find those Tibhar (nexy designed) blades interesting. But is it right to look at the mas Tibhar blades or as Nexy blades? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2016 at 9:00am
CCA 7(Limba/Ayus)
CCA Unlimited(Ayus/Limba/Kiri/Carbon)
VS Unlimited(Ayus/Limba/Kiri/Carbon)
Drinkhall Offensive Classic(Ayus/Spruce)
Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon(Koto/Carbon/Ayus/Kiri)
Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition(Kiri/Limba/Ayus)
Samsonov Alpha SGS(Limba/Ayus/Okume)

I got a reply from Tibhar regarding the composition of the blades.. Though they seem out of order....
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2016 at 10:19am

CCA 7(Limba/Ayus)
CCA Unlimited(Ayus/Limba/Kiri/Carbon)
VS Unlimited(Ayus/Limba/Kiri/Carbon)
Drinkhall Offensive Classic(Ayus/Spruce)
Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon(Koto/Carbon/Ayus/Kiri)
Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition(Kiri/Limba/Ayus)
Samsonov Alpha SGS(Limba/Ayus/Okume)

I got a reply from Tibhar regarding the composition of the blades.. Though they seem out of order....

Wait, so Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition has kiri in it? Humm..
Fly away!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2016 at 10:39am
I believe it is ayous not kiri. The wood fiber for ayous and the holes are very evident
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2016 at 1:25pm
Well I just posted what Tibhar themselves have told me. What surprised me though is that they mentioned Ayous this time. Last time I asked them about the Fibretec 75 they told me that it's Abachi, just a different name of Ayous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 3:40pm
Quick short review on the Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon...

When I first tried this blade out with an Tibhar Evolution MX-P and a Coppa Speed. I found it too fast for my liking, and made it almost impossible for me too loop with. As the ball just flew off my racket. I found it really hard to use. So when I tried it out with the aforementioned rubbers. I focused on blocking. On blocks, the speed was really good. Control was nice and the it feel unlike other ALC blades that I have used. Speedwise, this blade is around the speed of the DHS Hurricane Long 5, just a tad bit slower. 

2nd time I've tried this blade, I used it with Tibhar 5Q+ and Tibhar Evolution FX-S. With the 5Q+ and the FX-S, I finally gotten to appreciate the blade. I could definitely loop with this setup. It was very easy to use. I could vary spin,speed and placement at will and I could generate a lot of spin with this blade. Advanced players would be able to use it with fast rubber like the Tibhar MX-P, just like Paul Drinkhall(it amazes me how he can control such a speed monster)... For intermediate players I'd suggest that it'll be good to pair this with medium or medium soft rubbers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 1:20pm
My review on the Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon.

It's a great blade. Composition is limba-ayous-alc-ayous-alc-ayous-limba if I'm not mistaken. 

Blade has great feel and control with lots of gears. I like the fact that it gives the power that you put into it and doesn't just shoot the ball out allowing you to perform great whether for the short game or from away from the table.

Some may not like the fact that it has a small sweet spot. I actually do not mind as it gives me great feedback as to whether I hit the ball right or not. 
It's a bit hard and stiff. 
Speed is like a slow OFF but OFF+ on full powered strokes.

A good plus is that it's edges are rounded off and that makes it a pleasure to hold. The handle also is really nice as it has a "big" FL handle compared to handles of different makes.

This blade would benefit those you like the feel of composite blades but not those blades that are to "numby" in terms of feel. As well as the small sweet spot in developing consistency in their strokes and feel in focusing on hitting the ball at the same exact spot.

This blade is good for those who like using uber fast rubbers like the MX-P, as the blade somehow tames the MX-P and makes it easier to use. All in all this blade is something that a looper or an allround offensive player would enjoy, should the small sweet spot not put you off.

It's a really good blade and at only 95 Euros(SRP) at that.

Rubber Used:
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-S
BH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P

Video of me playing with this setup: (Don't roast me, hehe I'm no pro)

Edited by danjacob02 - 01/31/2017 at 1:21pm
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 3:27pm

My review on the Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon.

It's a bit hard and stiff. 
Speed is like a slow OFF but OFF+ on full powered strokes.

A good plus is that it's edges are rounded off and that makes it a pleasure to hold. The handle also is really nice as it has a "big" FL handle compared to handles of different makes.

This blade would benefit those you like the feel of composite blades but not those blades that are to "numby" in terms of feel. As well as the small sweet spot in developing consistency in their strokes and feel in focusing on hitting the ball at the same exact spot.

I have been playing Samsonov Stratus Carbon for one year, and somehow I felt it is soft and flexible, and quiet bouncy, which makes it fantastic for third ball attack. It also shines at the consistency, and the control during topspins.  It doesn't have the same direct feeling as Donic Dicon etc. for touch play, however pretty good among ALC blades.

BTW I think Samsonov Stratus Carbon is Kiri core?? 
Fly away!
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 6:53pm
Samsonov Alpha is a classic looping blade, often forgotten when talking about blades like the Primorac and Korbel because it is a bit slower and the handle is annoyingly smaller than the Korbel. But the SGS fixes the small handle problem, it is just strange to play with sometimes because of the foam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 10:08pm
@JasonH The SSCB it feels just like a numby and stiffer and more direct Stratus Power Wood. Coz the SPW feels springy and less linear... Will ask Tibhar Marketing team regarding the composition of the SSCB, I still think it's ayous though.

@IanMcg I recently tried the Lebesson blade which other mytt members have said that it's like a slightly stiffer S.Alpha.... If that's the case I love it. Though Tibhar sent me the wrong handle, they sent me an AN handle which I hated... Were it an FL I would have loved it, so I'm getting another one, while they hopefully don't discontinue it again... I did try the Alpha SGS but yeah foam feels too weird for me... Since I've already tried the Lebesson, is it still worth trying the S.Alpha?

@all I'll try to get a VS Unlimited to review in a month or so :) 

Edited by danjacob02 - 01/31/2017 at 10:09pm
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 10:18pm
If you've tried the Lebesson, yeah it's already pretty similar to the Alpha.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 1:24am
Well, guess I'll just test it out for the heck of it lol. But wouldn't be in a rush to do so. Next on my list is the VS Unli. Can't wait.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

If you've tried the Lebesson, yeah it's already pretty similar to the Alpha.

I loved the Lebesson. Turns out it was an FL handle, though hated the handle...I might prefer the Alpha, as I want a slightly softer and flexier lebesson, that's what the Alpha is right and perhaps a better handle. Though if I don't like the handle, I'll try it out with a grip...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 7:58am
So far.... Tibhar blades I've tried:
Balsa Fibretec 75
Drinkhall Offensive Classic
Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon
Stratus Power Wood
Samsonov Stratus Carbon
Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition
COS 3
Pure Wood
Lebesson
Samsonov Carbon
Triple Carbon