Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Top 5 matches in 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 5 matches in 2005
    Posted: 11/03/2005 at 3:30am
Hi, I see that the question of this time of the year is what are the top 5 matches in 2005 ?? plz give ur opinion.

Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt
Sponsored Links

*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 4:34am
Kreanga vs legout 2005 WTTC is pretty good.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
boyanbp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyanbp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 8:20am

I agree, definitely Kreanga vs. Legout was an exciting match and you have got to feel for Legout, he gave all the best of him and got robbed in the end. That�s sports, though! I also think the final was among the best matches. Ma Lin really tried every trick in the game to pull of a victory that he has not had an opportunity to win so far. But Wang Liqin was not going to give it to him without a fight and things just didn�t look too good for Ma after Liqin found his rhythm, mixed with confidence and luck. Really good match!

Bobby
Stiga Carbo 7.6
Butterfly Bryce 2.1
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 8:45am

Agree Wang against Ma was really a nice game. But I would also say Maze vs. Hao Shuai...One of the best games ever seen. 3-0 for Hao Shuai and 10-7, and Maze won 4-3.Great rallys and Mazes special technic: LOBS.
Nice Nice and Nice !!!
royv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 1:39pm

yeah that match kicked some serious ass! also cool to see wiezing chen get crushed by allan bentsen at the Europian championchips for teams...

LOL

Frame: Threeball Balsa Carbon (strait handle)
FH: Andro Revolution C.O.R 2.0 (red)
BH: Donic Quattro 1.8 (black)
sebastianjpm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianjpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 4:12pm

Shanghai World Championships:

Liu Guozheng vs Timo Boll - Last 16

and

Michael Maze vs Hao Shuai - QF

smittysan89 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittysan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 8:32pm
I liked the Samsonov vs Smirnov match as well at the Europe Top 12.
Butterfly Petr Korbel FL
FH: Mendo MP 2.0
BH: Mendo MP 2.0
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 8:44pm
hao vs. maze, ma vs. maze, havent seen it but prolly timo vs wangs and ma lin
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:07pm

#1 - World Championships doubles Semi-Final: Ma Lin + Chen Qi v. Timo Boll and Christian Suss. Good match, lots of great plays by the German duo. The match illustrates how important the mental game is.

#2 - World Championships singles Final: Wang Liqin v. Ma Lin. I usually am bored watching these two play, since they have so much, but this match would really settle everything between them. Ma Lin really played so well. His footwork and ability to never miss an opening combine to make him a great player. In the end, Wang Liqin pulled through, but the match really was awesome and close.

#3 - Kenshoen Super Circuit: Timo Boll v. Vladimir Samsonov. Your basic match between heavy attacker and counterattacker. It highlights the best of the two Europeans' abilities overall and makes an almost perfect training video.

#4 - European Championships Team Final: Chen Weixing v. Allen Bentsen. Pretty incredible match. Bentsen usually doesn't perform this strongly against choppers, but the support of his home crowd and all his energy really helped him pull through. Bentsen just put way too much pressure on Chen with consistently strong loops, making it a great match overall.

#5 - World Championships singles Round of 16: Kalinikos Kreanga v. Christophe Legout. Legout played pretty well, making incredible rallies and showing off some of the fastest footwork out there. The match illustrated Kreanga's weakness against players who can always open strongly and have and fairly good short game.

Honorable mentions: Worlds - Boll v Liu, China Super League - Boll v Liu, China Open - Wang Hao v Lee Jung Woo

Worst match of the year: European Top-12 - Damien Eloi v. Samsonov. Terrible, terrible, terrible match. It's funny how clueless Eloi is.

Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:37pm
i agree with smittysan89
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by isuckatTT isuckatTT wrote:

i agree with smittysan89

uv never even seen that match

isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by alink91 alink91 wrote:

i agree with smittysan89

R U KIDDING ME?
of course i saw it!

i know wat u guys r talking about!!

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:44pm

i agree with smittysan89

R U KIDDING ME?
of course i saw it!

i know wat u guys r talking about!!

looks like u dont even know the winer

kdruan: dood
tkdruan: so
tkdruan: who won the match?
tkdruan: and wat was the schore?
tkdruan: like for real

isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:46pm
whos tkdruan and kdruan?
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:49pm
tkdruan is ur aim, kdruan, i left out the t,  besides, you dont know the winner
isuckatTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isuckatTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:51pm
oh well by gosh golly Gee Wiz i do know the winner..

Its schlager!
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 9:54pm

oh well by gosh golly Gee Wiz i do know the winner..

Its schlager!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA, LOL,the match is between 2 other people, shclager didnt even play in that match

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2005 at 11:31pm
Nobody's throwing in Primorac over WLQ?  Didn't see it but it's gotta have shock value.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

#1 - World Championships doubles Semi-Final: Ma Lin + Chen Qi v. Timo Boll and Christian Suss. Good match, lots of great plays by the German duo. The match illustrates how important the mental game is.

#2 - World Championships singles Final: Wang Liqin v. Ma Lin. I usually am bored watching these two play, since they have so much, but this match would really settle everything between them. Ma Lin really played so well. His footwork and ability to never miss an opening combine to make him a great player. In the end, Wang Liqin pulled through, but the match really was awesome and close.

#3 - Kenshoen Super Circuit: Timo Boll v. Vladimir Samsonov. Your basic match between heavy attacker and counterattacker. It highlights the best of the two Europeans' abilities overall and makes an almost perfect training video.

#4 - European Championships Team Final: Chen Weixing v. Allen Bentsen. Pretty incredible match. Bentsen usually doesn't perform this strongly against choppers, but the support of his home crowd and all his energy really helped him pull through. Bentsen just put way too much pressure on Chen with consistently strong loops, making it a great match overall.

#5 - World Championships singles Round of 16: Kalinikos Kreanga v. Christophe Legout. Legout played pretty well, making incredible rallies and showing off some of the fastest footwork out there. The match illustrated Kreanga's weakness against players who can always open strongly and have and fairly good short game.

Honorable mentions: Worlds - Boll v Liu, China Super League - Boll v Liu, China Open - Wang Hao v Lee Jung Woo

Worst match of the year: European Top-12 - Damien Eloi v. Samsonov. Terrible, terrible, terrible match. It's funny how clueless Eloi is.

I think I can agree with most of ur words, but there is one thing I can't agree with, it is that u didnt even put the ( M.maze - Hao Shuai ) match in the top 5, In my opinion it is one of the strangest matches in 2005, dont u agree ???

Maxime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 6:23am

poor Eloi... but he had defeated Chen and Karlsson in this top 12
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 7:45am

hao vs. maze, ma vs. maze, havent seen it but prolly timo vs wangs and ma lin
  Yes Ma Lin vs Maze . Ma wins 4:0 but this match was full of great rallys...:) and the poll...

1.Hao Shuai vs Michael Maze

2.Kreanga vs Legout

3.Wang Liqin vs Timo Boll , Wang Hao vs Timo Boll and Ma Lin vs Timo Boll - 2005 world cup

4.Michael Maze vs Werner Schlager - European Team Champs

5.Kreanga vs Jean-Mi - World Cup 2005

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 6:21pm
Hao Shuai v. Maize wasn't that good, just really surprising. I also haven't seen the world cup matches yet.
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 9:04pm

Hao Shuai v. Maize wasn't that good, just really surprising. I also haven't seen the world cup matches yet.

Dan seemiller said it was one of the best matches he has ever seen. Why would u say it wasnt a very good match

Edge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 10:01pm

That Kreanga v Legout match was hilarious. The commentators kept harping on about how mentally tough Legout is and then he pulls off one of the biggest chokes of all time.

Maze v Hao was nothing special. Resembled more of an exhibition match than a great table tennis match.

hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2005 at 10:11pm

I haven't seen the World Cup matches yet but I suggest that the Ryu/Ma Long Japan Open semi was a great match and might among the best of the year. It had great shot making and a late comeback by Ryu.

Zhang Zinin won a wonderful encounter against Guo Yan at the Worlds and Li Jiao's exciting win over Moon of Korea was a fantastic match as well.

Aside from the Men's final, here is a list of some other great matches at the Worlds.

Wang LQ v Oh Sang Eun semi, Ma Lin v Korbel, Karlsson v He Zhi Wen

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2005 at 1:21am

Dan seemiller said it was one of the best matches he has ever seen. Why would u say it wasnt a very good match

Part of it's my distaste of Hao Shuai. It was a close match, good comeback and everything. You can appreciate Maze's speed, too. It's interesting how one-dimensional Hao Shuai is. He really has no gears. What I think lost the match overall for Hao Shuai was his lack of backhand aggression on pushes, and his lack of aggression on lots of Maze's serves. In the later games, Maze knew he could serve the reverse serve more loosely because Hao had a difficult time reading and attacking it, leading to a passive and predictable push return, which Maze could forehand loop.

Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2005 at 3:10am
Interesting that right after this loss he signed with friendship.  Kind of like he was waiting to get on with dhs but then when he lost a high profile match he was forced to go with the B line.  Not in terms of quality.  I think friendship products are better than dhs across the lines.  But in terms of marketing expenditures and publicity and just plain $, dhs is obviously the gravy train in china. 
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
naykizzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naykizzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2005 at 7:35am
2005 worlds / Ma Lin vs Lee Jung Woo match was pretty good too...I think this lefty form ROK is going to surprise some folks...
ya heard me
3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2005 at 8:45am
Ok, everybody is saying kreanga vs legout was a very good match, any body has a link for it ??

Truffel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truffel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2005 at 10:33am

wm

maze - hao shuai

worldcup:

all matches of boll

CT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic