Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone here watch MMA / UFC ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Anyone here watch MMA / UFC ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 3:37pm
I haven't heard anyone allegedly master any form of martial art has any bad thing to say about any other forms of martial art...
Sponsored Links

Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 8:09pm
Anton, I don't know much in depth about bjj and martial arts but I guess some moves of bjj are pretty dangerous to do in the streets. I can imagine a flying triangle choke where you may be slammed against the floor or a wall. Yes, your opponent may be choked very quickly, but if not...your spine will suffer the consequences.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Anton, I don't know much in depth about bjj and martial arts but I guess some moves of bjj are pretty dangerous to do in the streets. I can imagine a flying triangle choke where you may be slammed against the floor or a wall. Yes, your opponent may be choked very quickly, but if not...your spine will suffer the consequences.

LOL I absolutely agree, of course. One has to be realistic, and to say that a particular fighting style is effective does not mean that all techniques within that style are always effective all the time. Wink

And honestly, outside of pure BJJ competitions, I don't think a flying triangle is ever effective. LOL

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 8:53pm
  Honestly with the whole BJJ and multiple attackers you are asking BJJ to do something it was never designed to do.  It is for the smaller opponent to be able to take down a larger one not to deal with multiple attacker like say JKD. Another big downside to BJJ is a lot of moves really only work with a GI.  Now to be realistic 95% of the people out there can not fight so even if you have minimal BJJ training you maybe able to take on 2 guys just from an intimidation factor if you able to get a hold of one of them and do some damage.  I personally consider BJJ an incomplete fighting art but as a sport is great(been to a lot of NAGA events)  this is why i like the new "MMA" classes a lot of schools offer now  it is more realistic  i mean come on who the hell is going to pull micro guard on someone ?
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
hulkpens View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkpens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 9:59pm
If I could only choose one MA purely for real world practicality, I'd choose krav maga.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2010 at 2:31pm

Edited by BeaverMD - 09/10/2021 at 6:23am
eguff2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eguff2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 2:47am
I've been watching MMA for at least a decade....

Some of my all time favorite fighters are:  (this is based on fighting skill, attitude, how funny they are, how fun their matches are, etc....)

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

Wanderlei Silva
Chuck Liddell
BJ Penn
GSP
Oleg Taktarov
Royce/Renzo Gracie
Don Frye
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 6:10am
Alistair Overeem all the way!
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
eguff2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eguff2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Alistair OverROID all the way!

FIXED.
Blade: Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon
FH: Barracuda (MAX)
BH: Vario Big Slam (2.0)
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2012 at 2:47am
Originally posted by eguff2 eguff2 wrote:

FIXED. WAS A LESNAR FAN

Returned the pleasure :D
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
eguff2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eguff2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 12:33am

Originally posted by eguff2 eguff2 wrote:

FIXED. WAS A LESNAR FAN

Returned the pleasure :D

I was/am a Lesnar fan.  He got seriously OWNED.  As far as I'm concerned, Lesnar is lucky Overeem didn't put him in a coma.

Dead
Blade: Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon
FH: Barracuda (MAX)
BH: Vario Big Slam (2.0)
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2021 at 4:53pm

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2021 at 1:57am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic