Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2019 at 4:06am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by KiwiPong KiwiPong wrote:

I thought I saw Hirano using Viscaria blade? Definitely not Clipper anymore.   

Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

What is the status of Liu Shiwen's equipment sponsorship?  Still using Butterfly equipment but not officially associated with a manufacturer?

Thanks,

Butterfly dropped her once she switched to Hurricane 3 on her backhand, but she was still using the custom inner ZLC Viscaria. Now it looks like she's using Dignics 05 on her backhand, I'm sure Butterfly will put her back on their website ASAP, especially now that she's just won the WTTC. Bigger question for me is when does Miu Hirano's contract with Stiga run out, now that she's using all Butterfly equipment.

She is still under contract with Stiga though, appearing in their catalogs and other advertising material. She hasn't used the clipper wood in months, so she must still be in agreement with them (for now). As an aside, Butterfly must be dying to say that Dignics 05 is the rubber of world champions after Liu Shiwen won this weekend.

Definitely using Viscaria + Tenergy both sides. Most likely both her and Stiga waiting for her contract to run out before removing her from marketing... My bet would be on her signing for BTY soon though. 
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

his blade had a serial number

I wonder why in MD semi a shot of ML's blade roughly shows his name (馬龍) in Chinese rather than the usual serial. 

jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2019 at 6:01am
Very mystirious. If you look at the carbon structure and the glue layer it is the same Blade.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2019 at 7:24am
does harimoto plays dignics 05 on backhand or forehand?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

I wonder why in MD semi a shot of ML's blade roughly shows his name (馬龍) in Chinese rather than the usual serial. 

Same blade. If you zoom in you can see the signature
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2019 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Same blade. If you zoom in you can see the signature

The grain, dirt and scratch on both blades does seem identical which made it weirder. When I zoom in one clearly see normal W968 serial and one just the name of Ma Long in Chinese. Got another shot and close up on it. It is direct capture from Youtube video so no alteration is done. 

Edited by TurboZ - 05/03/2019 at 4:34am
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2019 at 6:24am
It is an optical illusion caused by perspective distortion. Because the racket is at a different angle, the telephoto lens has a foreshortening effect, which makes the digits of the serial number appear closer together.
Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 1:33am

Been doing a lot of research on what pips Sun Mingyang has been using. A few things I've read online appear to believe that it's Spectol, however I looked for recent images of her of decent quality and came upon this photo from the Marvelous 12...

A few things of note:

1) She is using "cooked" pips and not raw, based on horizontal pip alignment. 

2) The pattern of the pips near the bottom is asymmetrical. 

The photo is of high enough quality to count the pips from the end of the blade. It's 4 from the right edge, and 9/10 from the left edge. There is also a one pip gap between the middle of the rubber sheet and the ends. 

What does this lead us to? 

It's clearly VO 102. I think Mu Zi also switched to this but I haven't been able to obtain good enough photos to be certain.
sun is confirmed to use 102 max.
mu is used sp max.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 2:22am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Boll still using Tenergy 09C at the WTTC:

I can't really tell from this photo if TB is using T09C, but I am interested to know if he's still using it since then.  Is anyone else using it?  Do we really know anything about it?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 3:38am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Boll still using Tenergy 09C at the WTTC:

I can't really tell from this photo if TB is using T09C, but I am interested to know if he's still using it since then.  Is anyone else using it?  Do we really know anything about it?

You have to download it at original size and zoom in. 

Not seen anyone else with it yet. There was some idle speculation that it's tacky, but no evidence of that so far.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 12:12pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 2:40am

Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/40705836883/

greekakopulous with bludopulous handlopulous

Looks a lot like a Carbonado 290 to me.  Sorry, a Carbonadopulous 290.

What's wrong with his surname Andy? I didn't expect from you, a serious member, to isult others... I am dissapointed. Also my name is Petropoulos like his is Sgouropoulos...

Ok I can understand pingpungpeng is a noob, but you...?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 4:31am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

What's wrong with his surname Andy? I didn't expect from you, a serious member, to isult others... I am dissapointed. Also my name is Petropoulos like his is Sgouropoulos...

I may be wrong (I often am, I'm sure), but this seems to be an overreaction of surprising proportions.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with his, or anyone else's name.  I'm not trying to insult him, or anyone else.  I had no idea what your real name was at the time, and have zero interest in it now (although I understand that any interactions with you should be very serious from now on, of course - all business for sure - now that you've made it very clear).  

I really like the way the name "Sgouropoulos" enunciates, it rolls off the tongue in a wonderful way, and I thought it interesting and amusing (in spoken language terms) how it could be combined with the blade he has chosen to use to form a single entity.  It has a lovely cadence to me which dovetails with "carbonado" in such a way which made me wonder if Stiga should bring out a special edition or something like that.

Of course, one man's feeble attempt at humor could be another's mortal insult I guess, so maybe you should get in touch with a mod to ask for a temporary suspension for me?  I don't think I'll learn my lesson otherwise.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 9:09am
what racket using Wei Shihao?
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 4:28pm

I may be wrong (I often am, I'm sure), but this seems to be an overreaction of surprising proportions.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with his, or anyone else's name.  I'm not trying to insult him, or anyone else.  I had no idea what your real name was at the time, and have zero interest in it now (although I understand that any interactions with you should be very serious from now on, of course - all business for sure - now that you've made it very clear).  

I really like the way the name "Sgouropoulos" enunciates, it rolls off the tongue in a wonderful way, and I thought it interesting and amusing (in spoken language terms) how it could be combined with the blade he has chosen to use to form a single entity.  It has a lovely cadence to me which dovetails with "carbonado" in such a way which made me wonder if Stiga should bring out a special edition or something like that.

Of course, one man's feeble attempt at humor could be another's mortal insult I guess, so maybe you should get in touch with a mod to ask for a temporary suspension for me?  I don't think I'll learn my lesson otherwise.

No, no Andy, there is no reason for being more serious with me from now on, I was just messing around, but to be really honest it had a liiiiittle dose of seriousness Tongue
Nothing happened my friend!! Keep on making jokes...if I will be insulted I will tell you that in pm and not in public Wink
Also the finishing of the name ...opoulos is one of the most famous in Greece like ....akis like .....idis etc.
The most famous although is the .....opoulos like my surname is Petropoulos and Ioannis', Sgouropoulos.
Pleas guys support this athlete....it is the GReece's new star and we have no other kids with this huge talent....Support him cause Greece needs that after Kreanga and Gionis!
This little guy is very serious and mature for his age and he knows exactly how to react in the court. He has so strong mentallity and has a huge braveheart. Although if you meet him from close you can go eassily with him for a walk, or coffee or..........a souvlaki LOL This little guy is an example for many elder players.
I hope you didnt take anyuthing serious andy and we keep on our good relationship.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 4:36pm
seems to be using hurricane 3 on the forehand 
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 5:00pm

No, no Andy, there is no reason for being more serious with me from now on, I was just messing around, but to be really honest it had a liiiiittle dose of seriousness Tongue
Nothing happened my friend!! Keep on making jokes...if I will be insulted I will tell you that in pm and not in public Wink
Also the finishing of the name ...opoulos is one of the most famous in Greece like ....akis like .....idis etc.
The most famous although is the .....opoulos like my surname is Petropoulos and Ioannis', Sgouropoulos.
Pleas guys support this athlete....it is the GReece's new star and we have no other kids with this huge talent....Support him cause Greece needs that after Kreanga and Gionis!
This little guy is very serious and mature for his age and he knows exactly how to react in the court. He has so strong mentallity and has a huge braveheart. Although if you meet him from close you can go eassily with him for a walk, or coffee or..........a souvlaki LOL This little guy is an example for many elder players.
I hope you didnt take anyuthing serious andy and we keep on our good relationship.

he looks kinda strange.
like a mafia boss from a movie.
cheeropulous to everyone Beer

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

its obvious :)
I am more curious about his blade then fh rubber
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 4:59am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

$5 says... Viscaria? LOL
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Facepalm Facepalm wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

$5 says... Viscaria? LOL

Handle doesn’t looks like viscaria :)
GrayFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 9:27am
Who knows what blade and rubbers Jiri Vrablik has?

Edited by GrayFox - 05/20/2019 at 9:31am
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2019 at 4:58am
Bit of an unusual question, but any idea what the triangle cuts on the short-sleeves of the polyester playing t-shirts are called? [Basically allow more movement, esp. when you're sweaty and the shirt

Edited by Basquests - 05/25/2019 at 4:59am
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2019 at 6:38pm

Edited by liXiao - 05/30/2019 at 6:40pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 10:47am
China Open changes since WTTC: 

Fan Zhendong has switched from Dignics 05 to Hurricane 3 on the BH

Ito Mima using Fastarc G-1 on the FH (possibly already using this before, but she seemed to be using some version of H3 recently)

Chen Meng switched from H3 to some rubber with a reddish/pink sponge on BH, probably Dignics 05

Edited by Facepalm - 06/01/2019 at 11:17am
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 11:21am
Mima Ito Fastarc G1? No way!
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 11:27am

Ito Mima using Fastarc G-1 on the FH (possibly already using this before, but she seemed to be using some version of H3 recently)

Chen Meng switched from H3 to some rubber with a reddish/pink sponge on BH, probably Dignics 05

You can see Fan Zhendong using H3 here: 

Wang Yidi with Tenergy 05 Hard: 

Chen Meng with Dignics 05 (thought it was Rozena at first but the sponge isn't as pink in other photos):

And Mima Ito has never stopped using G1. Nittaku pushed hard that she had switched to H3 Turbo Orange but I have yet to see any evidence that happened. 

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 12:27pm

You can see Fan Zhendong using H3 here: 

Wang Yidi with Tenergy 05 Hard: 

Chen Meng with Dignics 05 (thought it was Rozena at first but the sponge isn't as pink in other photos):

And Mima Ito has never stopped using G1. Nittaku pushed hard that she had switched to H3 Turbo Orange but I have yet to see any evidence that happened. 

Not true, there s  video where she shows her H3..the evidence is out there she shows how sticky is the rubber and holds rhe ball she said like she was fighting againts the chinese with chinese weapon  and the sponge was blue and I think hurricane pro doesnt have BS
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 2:15pm
Mima Ito 100% plays Nittaku Hurricane 3 Turbo orange. I see it many times.
-user- View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -user- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 2:16pm
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 2:32pm
Mima Ito plays Turbo blue for a while. Now she is back to Turbo Orange.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 194>
  Share Topic