Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clipper no-WRB??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clipper no-WRB??
    Posted: 05/19/2010 at 11:12pm
So, looks like is not only in Ebenholz blades that Stiga "solid" handle is not that solid..

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Sponsored Links

ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 11:56pm
Yeah,

I used to have a clipper that was marked as regular and I popped the handle off it to use it as a template and BOOM! Serious routing. I imagine this is how Stiga keeps the Clipper in a reasonable weight range as it's very thick and made of mostly ayous (while being light, is still a soft hardwood, thus reasonably weighty).

Oh well,
Screw you Stiga for your false advertisement.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 12:09am
o...o..
I sense that owners of Clippers are itching to unload theirs. For some reasons mine doesn't feel head-heavy at all. The combo weighs around 173g and it's a joy to play with.
What about those older models which I believe I had 1 once and now Robjkc is the happy owner. That 1 by itself weighs in like 98g.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 12:26am
It's funny... people have to cut open their blades to realize that their handles are hollow.

That seems to be evidence for a hypothesis Heimdallalso and I have. Namely, that although many people claim to despise hollow handled blades, it seems that most people can't even actually tell the difference through feel alone. Ermm

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 12:57am
Just to clear up things.. this blade is not mine. My coach asked me if I can fix this and I'm sharing this picture. Actually, from Clipper series, I like better CR/WRB. I don't have problems with Donic V1 blades too.

Anyway, I know that a lot of brands use this to balance their blades or lose some weight without warning us.
juggler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 9:35am
Thanks for the interesting info. At first glance, I thought they were 2 blades. :)
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

It's funny... people have to cut open their blades to realize that their handles are hollow.

That seems to be evidence for a hypothesis Heimdallalso and I have. Namely, that although many people claim to despise hollow handled blades, it seems that most people can't even actually tell the difference through feel alone. Ermm

I believe the same thing, most people like blades with hollow handle till the moment that they learn that the handle is not solid...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 3:11pm
Agree with both of you. This Clipper "no-WRB" with hollow handle proves your point.

I remember Qiu Yike using Clipper WRB/CR even with Hurricane and Li Ching using Stiga V1 WRB also with Hurricane, known as heavy rubber. They play just fine with them.

See this one, Ma Lin Extra Offensive (pics from yaosir.com)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic